PDA

View Full Version : Scout.com CFB Experts: CAA should be Honorary FBS Conf. This Year

douglasdmb
September 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=987985

The Colonial Athletic Association should be an honorary FBS member this season.

The FCS conference that brought us George Mason's run to the Final Four is holding its own with the big boys this season. After two weeks, CAA teams are 4-4 against FBS teams, with wins by New Hampshire (over Ball State), Richmond (over Duke), William & Mary (over Virginia) and Villanova (over Temple). That doesn't include James Madison leading Maryland for most of Saturday's game before falling in overtime 38-35. UMass lost 21-17 to Kansas State last week. The CAA is dominating the FCS in ways the SEC would envy. Richmond won the national title last year and remains No. 1. The Spiders were one of five CAA teams in the top 10 and seven teams in the top 25 in the FCS coaches' poll going into last week. I propose the CAA champion takes one of the ACC's lower-tier bowl bids this season - the EagleBank Bowl, since it's in the league's backyard. Alas, CAA teams' schedules will be filled in December by a playoff.

xthumbsupx

JALMOND
September 13th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I ask, why play in a "lower-tier bowl" when you can play for a national championship?

EmeryZach
September 13th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I ask, why play in a "lower-tier bowl" when you can play for a national championship?

I think the writer agrees with you. You can see that with his last sentence.

blur2005
September 13th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Another year with five CAA teams in the playoffs? It could happen...though obviously there are a few games left to play.

ChickenMan
September 13th, 2009, 07:09 PM
East coast bias... :p