PDA

View Full Version : G-W @ WCU Thoughts?

GridFan
September 13th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Thoughts from those in attendance? Heard it could've been much more lopsided for the Dogs. Who went?

catamount man
September 13th, 2009, 10:01 AM
1) GW wanted this game BAD and it showed in every facet in the way they attacked WCU from the beginning of the game.

2) WCU has a NAIA offensive line and QB. Our defense is on the field way too long and it shows. The comeback to tie the game was nice and then the D just fell apart. Too gassed. Thought we were in good shape, I guess not.

3) apathy among the locals who only show up for the band and the students, some of who were openly laughing at their own classmates. But when your administration for the last 20 years has never truly cared about football, it all trickles down.

4) We will go anywhere from 0-11 to maybe 2-9. Wagner is not what I thought he was nor his staff either. It is what it is in Cullowhee, unfortunately. Congrats GW.

elcid83
September 13th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Thoughts from those in attendance? Heard it could've been much more lopsided for the Dogs. Who went?

Gridfan, just posted my thoughts. GW is on a roll.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

Reign of Terrier
September 13th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Before you Western fans start to fret about Wagner and such just keep in mind that GW is a rising program. Their recruiting class last year was very good last year, to put things in perspective they got players that SoCon teams wanted. Don't forget that last year they were probably one of the best teams in the Big South at one point and were more bipolar than GSU.

The Cats
September 13th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I too was disappointed in the way the Catamounts played. No doubt that G-W was up and ready for game. The Cats are young, and maybe as the season progresses, they will improve. No doubt, Wagner needs an experienced OC, hopefully Wagner realizes this and will correct it in the off season.

ASU_Fanatic
September 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Western football xlolx

EagleDawg
September 13th, 2009, 05:03 PM
ASU-Fanatic - While you're in the mood to laugh at Western Carolina Football, please tell me how many moral victories do you take out of ASU's 0-2 start? Pretty brassy after the Neer's lose in their home opener as well, IMO!

EagleDawg
September 13th, 2009, 05:09 PM
The Cats - GW was just plain bigger in the trenches and it was the ultimate difference in the game. GW should have been up 23-0 at the half but allowed Western to stay in the game by missing other scoring opportunities. WCU played better from mid-way thru the 3rd qtr. but it looked like the Defense was gassed at the end. The Runnin Dawgs were happy to get the win against a SOCON school. Next week's game against NC State in Raleigh will be a major challenge and one that regardless of the outcome, I hope the Dawgs can get thru without injuries. Which NC State will they see, the bunch that played against USC or the one that hammered Murray State?

wcucat85
September 13th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Gardner Webb COULD have been up 23-0 but Westerns defense was playing pretty darn well considering they were on the field 20 of the first 30 minutes.I thought the schools were pretty evenly matched for the most part.I think GW will win 7 games but that about it.But I thought Doolittle was the difference................NOTHING LIKE A SENIOR SIGNAL CALLER

wcucat85
September 13th, 2009, 05:41 PM
ASU FAN...................Thats really good................Western football hahaha.............81 through 84 I remember seeing bags on heads at App when I played at Western there sir.Its a game of cycles............LOOK CLOSELY AT ALL THE MAJOR POWERS............NEBRASKA,MIAMI FLA,FLS ST. ETC................BE CAREFUL AS.............. FAME IS EVER FLEETING!!!

KiddBrewer
September 13th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Western football xlolx

i mean, i get it.....but probably not the best time for it....xoopsx:oxcoffeex