PDA

View Full Version : SFA to Top 100 Points?

TexasTerror
September 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM
SFA 92
Texas College 0
4:20 4th Quarter

I guess this is what happens when Jeremy Moses does not have a tough defense that can intercept his passes three, four, five or more times a game...

Dallas Demon
September 12th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Ouch!

Tod
September 12th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Is Texas College D-II?

El Gato
September 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Is Texas College D-II?

They are NAIA.

darell1976
September 12th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Holy crap xeekxxeekxand we have to play these people in 2 weeks...UND's defense better not give up 92 points.

TexasTerror
September 12th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Texas College is the school that had a home-and-home with Texas Southern...

TSU had to go up there for the first game (it was embarrassing enough) and they called it a 'Classic'...

Tod
September 12th, 2009, 09:16 PM

TSU had to go up there for the first game (it was embarrassing enough) and they called it a 'Classic'...

Ah, HBCU then.

ASU_Fanatic
September 12th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Hopefully they get to triple digets.

TexasTerror
September 12th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Final.

92-0.

Someone please post some stats when you get a chance so we can all give an opinion on whether or not this was an attempt to run up the score. I doubt it was, but you never know...

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 12th, 2009, 09:24 PM
The ESPN scoreboard says SFA 92 Texas 0
I about spit my drink onto the monitor...
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

ISUMatt
September 12th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Its not running up the score if the other team can not stop you

El Gato
September 12th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Texas College
Net Yards 92
Yards Rushing -29
Yards Passing 121
First Downs 7
TOP 45:38
3rd Down C. 3/16
4th Down C. 0/2
INT: 0
Sacks: 0
Fumbles Forced/recovered: 2/1

Stephen F. Austin
Net Yards 603
Yards Rushing 165
Yards Passing 438
First Downs 20
TOP 14:22
3rd Down C. 5/6
4th Down C. 0/1
INT: 2
Sacks: 9/51
Fumbles Forced/recovered: 1/1/23 yds

Jeremy Moses 12-12-285

Wow. Looks like Texas College controlled the clock, but it appears SFA just scored quickly everytime they had the ball. There is no way that is accurate is it? Also, 9 sacks by SFA and over 600 yards of offense! Wow.

Bearkats94
September 12th, 2009, 09:36 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292552617

Here is what espn has up so far. Someone will look at this and think it is the Texas Longhorns.xlolx

BEAR
September 12th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Looks like with Moses only 12/12 that they ran the ball most of the time or it just took one pass per TD! xlolx So not fair! Way to pad the stats! xlolx

SFspidur
September 12th, 2009, 10:54 PM
No SFA drive was longer than four plays. xeekx

LIONFAN85
September 12th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I can't beleive SFA scheduled this game. xconfusedx Just tell your guys to fall down when they get the ball. That score will give them alot of flack.

BobcatTXST04
September 12th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Wow, I thought I'd had too much to drink when I just saw that score crawl across the bottom on EPSN. Guess I was wrong.

92 points ..... just crazy.

PhoenixSupreme
September 12th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Wow...the losing team had the TOP for more than 3 quarters. That's amazing!!! Talk about opportunities to score there. That is some crazy scoring efficiency by SFA there. And there doesn't appear to be any sort of TDs from turnovers to boot (can't say anything in regards to special teams TDs though)

I kind of feel bad for SFA's defense for having to chase people for 45 minutes. Talk about getting no rest at all.

813Jag
September 13th, 2009, 09:55 AM

What does any of this have to do with who Texas College is? Wouldn't it have been easier to say they are an HBCU from Tyler, Texas?

But I forgot you specialize in the underhanded comment. xcoffeex

3rd Coast Tiger
September 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
What does any of this have to do with who Texas College is? Wouldn't it have been easier to say they are an HBCU from Tyler, Texas?

But I forgot you specialize in the underhanded comment. xcoffeex

Promoter Al Wash made all arrangements for that game to be similar to the State Fair Classic with a fair/carnival attached to the game. The payday was decent as well.

hebmskebm
September 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292552617

Here is what espn has up so far. Someone will look at this and think it is the Texas Longhorns.xlolx

Longhorns, Steers, what's the difference? :D:D:D

unigriff
September 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM
UNI had 712 yards of offense....and used their 6th string HB...:) (7 total rushers)...only won 66-7.....I'm sure it could have been worse :)

SFA 71
September 13th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I can't beleive SFA scheduled this game. xconfusedx

Of the local paper, the Nacogdoches Sentinel...

"SFA athletic director Robert Hill said the contract with Texas College was finalized about a year ago, before the Steers' 3-7 season. He said SFA first contacted Texas College about the possibility of playing a game at SFA, following SFA's 0-11 2007 season."

bobcatfan06
September 13th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Of the local paper, the Nacogdoches Sentinel...

"SFA athletic director Robert Hill said the contract with Texas College was finalized about a year ago, before the Steers' 3-7 season. He said SFA first contacted Texas College about the possibility of playing a game at SFA, following SFA's 0-11 2007 season."

Doesn't matter. A FCS school should never play a NAIA school. Period.

DFW HOYA
September 13th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Why, oh why was this game ever scheduled?

Texas College is a school of 650 with a $30,000 operating budget on football. That's right, $30,000.
Their NAIA conference includes the likes of Bacone College, Southwestern Assemblies of God College and Southern Nazarene University. And guess who they've got next week? Texas Southern.

BEAR
September 13th, 2009, 01:45 PM

I guess UCA scheduling Quincy last year was wrong too? No wait. UCA is still DII transitional, so it's o.k. Nevermind.xlolx

kdinva
September 13th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Why, oh why was this game ever scheduled?

Texas College is a school of 650 with a $30,000 operating budget on football. That's right, $30,000.
Their NAIA conference includes the likes of Bacone College, Southwestern Assemblies of God College and Southern Nazarene University. And guess who they've got next week? Texas Southern.

Even VMI (and Georgetown, too, I'd bet) ain't that desperate for a "W".......xsmhx

DFW HOYA
September 13th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Even VMI (and Georgetown, too, I'd bet) ain't that desperate for a "W".......xsmhx

No, Georgetown scheduled Richmond instead. xsmhx

TexasTerror
September 13th, 2009, 03:15 PM

You do recall that an NAIA school beat Indiana State last year or the year before, correct? You do recall that Nicholls almost lost to an NAIA at home two years ago in Asuza Pacific? You do recall that there's quite a few FCS schools besides Indiana State who have lost to NAIAs, right?

Come on, read up... xthumbsupx

SFA 71
September 13th, 2009, 03:46 PM
What's the difference between playing a NCAA III team & a NAIA team. In '05 the Bobcats beat Oklahoma Panhandle State ( enrollment 1,100 vs TS-SM's 30,000),when they were something between an NAIA & III team, 75 - 7. Also, TS-SM regularly played Trinity (TX), Texas Lutheran and Howard Payne. All III's. xnonox

Franks Tanks
September 13th, 2009, 04:37 PM
What's the difference between playing a NCAA III team & a NAIA team. In '05 the Bobcats beat Oklahoma Panhandle State ( enrollment 1,100 vs TS-SM's 30,000),when they were something between an NAIA & III team, 75 - 7. Also, TS-SM regularly played Trinity (TX), Texas Lutheran and Howard Payne. All III's. xnonox

OPSU may be the worst non D-III team in college football. Texas College in in their conference.

Hood
September 13th, 2009, 06:16 PM
D-III doesn't offer athletic scholarships. Pretty sure NAIA does to an extent. This is based on research I've done about 2 years ago though.

TexasTerror
September 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM
D-III doesn't offer athletic scholarships. Pretty sure NAIA does to an extent. This is based on research I've done about 2 years ago though.

Nothing has changed. It's the way it's been....

If Texas College has a $30k football budget, I am guessing SFA gave them a guarantee that paid pretty well and covered most of that budget!

SFA 71
September 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
OPSU may be the worst non D-III team in college football. Texas College in in their conference.

... point exactly. Mr. Bobcat would never schedule a NAIA team but unfortunately his school doesn't buy into his scheme.:o Mr Bobcat might ought to check who his team has played before he slams SFA scheduling. Of course he can always use my favorite excuse: "I forgot!" :p

MaximumBobcat
September 13th, 2009, 06:25 PM

Just because one school did something dumb in the past doesn't mean you should do it again.

Oh, and as for Howard Payne, TLU and Trinity...the last time we played them was in...

1983, 1981, and 1972 respectively.

So...yeah...completely irrelevant to whatever point you might have been trying to make. ;)

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 13th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Just because one school did something dumb in the past doesn't mean you should do it again.

Oh, and as for Howard Payne, TLU and Trinity...the last time we played them was in...

1983, 1981, and 1972 respectively.

So...yeah...completely irrelevant to whatever point you might have been trying to make. ;)

...and when we were div II, which would be the "equivalent" to a FCS playing a div II.

as far as SFA, I honestly have no problem with it. I went to our game vs. OPSU and we did everything to avoid running up the score. The only things we could have done were to just take a knee (like in 2005 :( ) or run into our own endzone and fall on our face for safeties. Sometimes these teams are just severely overmatched. Can't blame the kids for wanting to score when there's no one stopping them.

txstatebobcat
September 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I remember when we played the OPSU. We would kickoff after a touchdown, OPSU would get it at the 5, run it maybe five yards to the ten, then maybe make it to the 15 yard line on a three and out. Then they would punt and we would start at their 30-40 yard line. I think we only had around 300 yards for that game. My wife felt so sorry for them that she actually applauded when OPSU scored that one touchdown.

bobcatalum05
September 13th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Ok Panhandle State is DII. It was a bad schedule but alteast they are DII and it we last played them in 2005. The score was 70-7, dont make this sound like we scheduled and NAIA and outscored them by 92 points.

It is not the players fault, Robert Hill made a bad decesion.

Franks Tanks
September 14th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Ok Panhandle State is DII. It was a bad schedule but alteast they are DII and it we last played them in 2005. The score was 70-7, dont make this sound like we scheduled and NAIA and outscored them by 92 points.

It is not the players fault, Robert Hill made a bad decesion.

OPSU may be D-II but they play an almost all NAIA schedule. They are so bad its not even funny, so you can really talk smack on SFA.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
SFA71 posted this on KatFans.com from the ESPN Game Line...

1. SFA's last score was with almost 12 minutes left in the 4th Q
2. Texas had the ball almost 45 minutes of the game.
3. Most of SFA's drives were only 3 or 4 plays long. In fact, they didn't have a drive over 4 plays long.
4. Two scores weren't made by the offense.

Big Al
September 14th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Speaking of reading comprehension...

Indiana State lost to NAIA Quincy the week before last.

Just sayin'.

xsmiley_wix

You do recall that an NAIA school beat Indiana State last year or the year before, correct? You do recall that Nicholls almost lost to an NAIA at home two years ago in Asuza Pacific? You do recall that there's quite a few FCS schools besides Indiana State who have lost to NAIAs, right?

Come on, read up... xthumbsupx

leatherneck177
September 14th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I'm a little nervous to see them come to Macomb. Our pass defense hasn't been very good so far.

TexasTerror
September 19th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Texas Southern leads the same Texas College team 68-6 with just under 12 min to go in the fourth quarter. ;)

Glad to see the 'return' game for the Tigers is going so well after they beat the Steers on the road last year.

Speaking of reading comprehension...Indiana State lost to NAIA Quincy the week before last.

Just sayin'. xsmiley_wix

I was referring to the 42-10 demolition of Indiana State by St. Francis of Indiana in 2005.

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 19th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Texas Southern 75
Texas College 6

Maybe TC is just really REALLY bad...

TexasTerror
September 19th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Maybe TC is just really REALLY bad...

They are really bad, I do not think anyone questioned that...

Wonder if any other SLC schools have made contact to Texas College? Certain schools are just better off not being played. The good thing is the conference is improving and probably doesn't need these morale boosters like a TC.