PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette's Blake Costanzo--3rd NFL season

Andy
September 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM
After making 8 solo preseason tackles (10th on the team), former Lafayette LB Blake Costanzo has made the Brown's roster.

2006--undrafted FA signed by Mangini and the Jets. Waived.

2007--named NFL Europe all-star after leading Rhein Fire in tackles

2007--again waived by Jets 9/01/07

2007--signed to BIlls practice squad, activated and appears in last 3 regular season games

2008--appears in all 16 games, leads Bills in ST tackles including 6 tackles and 2 forced fumbles in one game.

2009--Released by Buffalo on June 11, 2009…Claimed by Mangini/Cleveland off waivers from Buffalo on June 16, 2009. On active roster.

College Highlights
A three-year starter at Lafayette College who finished his career with 307 tackles, 18 sacks, three interceptions, 12 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries…Notched 86 tackles, 6.5 sacks and nine tackles for loss as a senior…Graduated with a degree in sociology.

Great fun to watch the ST "psycho" (as referred to by his former Jets teammates) play the game. Opens Sunday vs Vikings, wears #44. GO BLAKE! GO BROWNS! GO PARDS!

smallcollegefbfan
September 10th, 2009, 08:15 PM
That is great to see him still in the NFL. He was a good player in college. Glad to see him prove doubters wrong! Blake is making all of us proud!

ngineer
September 10th, 2009, 10:26 PM
That's pretty cool that he's persisted.

Andy
September 12th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. According to Coach Tavani, Blake's making the roster vested him in the league's pension plan. I will definitely be checking the box scores for Blake's ST stats.

Pards Rule
September 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Mangini liked him from the Jets days

Franks Tanks
September 14th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Blake has really turned himself into a player. He was very talented from the day he stepped on campus at Lafayette, but he has molded himself into an NFL player through hard work--congrats Blake.

Pards Rule
September 14th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Hes setting himself up well for when Tavani retires! :) You saw it here first!

Franks Tanks
September 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hes setting himself up well for when Tavani retires! :) You saw it here first!

As Pard 94 states look for John Troxell to be the next Lafayette HC. Trox will be the right age, early 40's, when Franks decides tp pack it in (most likley) and we like the familiar and Trox has that. He is currently the HC at Franklin & Marshall

Pards Rule
September 14th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Yes I dont discount Trox either. He is a very good coach. Didjaknow Lafayette grad (1982) John Fry (who I knew) is the President of F&M? Maybe Blake can be his Defensive Coordiantor!

Pard94
September 15th, 2009, 09:12 AM
As Pard 94 states look for John Troxell to be the next Lafayette HC. Trox will be the right age, early 40's, when Franks decides tp pack it in (most likley) and we like the familiar and Trox has that. He is currently the HC at Franklin & Marshall

Yes I think Trox will be the man when the time comes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blake on Trox's team of coaches though. You have to figure he would need to have at least some coaching experience under his belt to be considered for a HC position at the FCS level. That would be very cool.

Franks Tanks
September 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Yes I dont discount Trox either. He is a very good coach. Didjaknow Lafayette grad (1982) John Fry (who I knew) is the President of F&M? Maybe Blake can be his Defensive Coordiantor!

Maybe this guy will come back to be Pres at Lafayette. At least he wont talk to the NY times!