PDA

View Full Version : No Room For App St At JMU?

BDKJMU
September 10th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Sucks...
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=40637&CHID=3&sub=

biggie
September 10th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah, with most of our sched being set til '13-'14, tought to fit things in I'm sure. We've got Florida, GA, VaTech, then the McNeese-Montana games. Definitely the home games are what we'll need to fill and probably end up with 'lower' schools paid to come to Boone.

mcveyrl
September 10th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I think they ought to go ahead and schedule out that far. You would hope that they'd meet every couple of years in the playoffs and then the regular season match-ups would be icing on the cake.

andy7171
September 10th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah, with most of our sched being set til '13-'14, tought to fit things in I'm sure. We've got Florida, GA, VaTech, then the McNeese-Montana games. Definitely the home games are what we'll need to fill and probably end up with 'lower' schools paid to come to Boone.

Somebody arrange for Towson to travel to Boone. It'll be the Black and Gold version of Delaware vs SDSU!

Saint3333
September 10th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I love the series, but with the three way deal with Montana and McNeese it's likely 2016 before ASU could make it back to JMU unless ASU doesn't book an FBS game past 2013.

ASU does have an opening for a home game next year though.

Green26
September 10th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I would like to see Montana play at JMU at some point in the future. Terrific game day atmosphere and crowd, which will only get better with the new stadium work. Lots of friendly fans. Pretty area of the country. I'm glad I got to see and experience JMU last December.

mcveyrl
September 10th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I would like to see Montana play at JMU at some point in the future. Terrific game day atmosphere and crowd, which will only get better with the new stadium work. Lots of friendly fans. Pretty area of the country. I'm glad I got to see and experience JMU last December.

Glad you enjoyed the trip. xthumbsupx

You guys could just swing by here after you went to ASU. :D

henfan
September 10th, 2009, 02:22 PM
It'll be the Black and Gold version of Delaware vs SDSU!

Except rumors are hot and heavy that the SDSU-UD series has or will soon be called off.

appmaj
September 10th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Why doesn't JMU want to come to Boone?

Not enough streamer stores in the High Country?

mcveyrl
September 10th, 2009, 02:34 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a payday issue. App. State would rather do a home and home and not worry about paying us for a one and done.

Economics. Despite you, there IS some of that in the High Country. :D

(just ribbing you by the way, please don't take too much offense -- I thought the same thing at first) xpeacex

Skjellyfetti
September 10th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I'm sure App and JMU will meet again in the playoffs before 2016. But, I'd really like this series to continue.

Also, there was a video posted briefly on vimeo yesterday that featured a lot of old App clips. One of the plays was the hail mary against JMU in 1992 (I think?).... watching that clip made me really sad to not be playing y'all in the regular season this year. We've had some classic games over the years. I hope we see you in the playoffs (preferably in Boone ;))

mcveyrl
September 10th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I'm sure App and JMU will meet again in the playoffs before 2016. But, I'd really like this series to continue.

Also, there was a video posted briefly on vimeo yesterday that featured a lot of old App clips. One of the plays was the hail mary against JMU in 1992 (I think?).... watching that clip made me really sad to not be playing y'all in the regular season this year. We've had some classic games over the years. I hope we see you in the playoffs (preferably in Boone ;))

I think it has to be in Boone. I saw somewhere that we couldn't host for two years because of construction.

Skjellyfetti
September 10th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I think it has to be in Boone. I saw somewhere that we couldn't host for two years because of construction.

Oh yeah... I forgot about that.

JMU Newbill
September 10th, 2009, 02:47 PM

That's exactly it!

biggie
September 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Hasn't Boone passed the law to outlaw anything purple in city limits yet? They should. :)

mcveyrl
September 10th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Hasn't Boone passed the law to outlaw anything purple in city limits yet? They should. :)

I keep telling you guys. People in purple have given you some memorable wins in Boone. You WANT us coming back.

AppAlum96
September 10th, 2009, 03:54 PM

I remember that game. Wasn't that with Satterfield at QB? If I remember correctly, the ball bounced off a couple of people, on both teams, and landed in the arms of an ASU receiver who was lying on his back in the end-zone.

BDKJMU
September 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM

Can't host in 09' IF make the playoffs. 2010 is up in the air....

purplepeopleeaterv2
September 10th, 2009, 09:31 PM
"Because of the competitiveness and the buzz surrounding the teams' contests, JMU coach Mickey Matthews said that he would prefer to play Appalachian State each season instead of the annual game at a I-A school."

God if only that could happen........ I know I would be infinitely more hyped (and willing to travel) to JMU v. App State games whether it was in Harrisonburg or Boone, compared to playing some FBS team.

LacesOut
September 10th, 2009, 09:37 PM
We've got Florida, GA, VaTech, then the McNeese-Montana games.

Dayyumm! Nice job by App on the future scheduling!

KiddBrewer
September 10th, 2009, 10:08 PM
so who are we "supposed" (at this point) to be playing next year in FBS? Georgia, Florida, or VT? cant remember the order

SoCon48
September 10th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I think they ought to go ahead and schedule out that far. You would hope that they'd meet every couple of years in the playoffs and then the regular season match-ups would be icing on the cake.

Hell everytime we make a long term schedule a new bonehead conf commish admits another school...or kicks one out.

AlphaSigMD
September 10th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I think it will take at least until 2016 to get that damn JMU fight song out of my head. I sat right beside the band at the game last year, and they probably played it 50 times during the 2nd half comeback alone.xsmhx

Skjellyfetti
September 10th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I think it will take at least until 2016 to get that damn JMU fight song out of my head. I sat right beside the band at the game last year, and they probably played it 50 times during the 2nd half comeback alone.xsmhx

Haha. Same with me. I sat at the very back row directly next to them.

AtlantaMountaineer
September 11th, 2009, 12:19 AM
so who are we "supposed" (at this point) to be playing next year in FBS? Georgia, Florida, or VT? cant remember the order

Florida 2010
VA Tech 2011
GA 2013

JMU DUUUKES LAW
September 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Appalachian plays VaTech !? Oh man PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE beat them, haha. That'll be the game that I become a diehard Appy fan for the day.

appmaj
September 11th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a payday issue. App. State would rather do a home and home and not worry about paying us for a one and done.

Economics. Despite you, there IS some of that in the High Country. :D

(just ribbing you by the way, please don't take too much offense -- I thought the same thing at first) xpeacex

That's exactly it!

In all seriousness i totally understand not going back to JMU without you guys coming to Boone...I'd love it if this was an every year game alternating home and home or we could just hold in December @ Chattanooga every year :D (for now)

JMU Newbill
September 11th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I'd love to come back to Boone again... as long as the temperature is above 10 degrees when I get out there to tailgate this time. Actually, that doesn't really matter.... I was the idiot that forgot to bring his jacket that morning. No amount of adult beverages could keep me warm.

Waco Kid
September 11th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Would be nice if we could open up your new/improved stadium in 2010. I bet the atmosphere would be outstanding for that game. Had a good time for half the game last year and hope to make it back in the future. If you guys want to pay us about $300K we'll be glad to come up there in 2012!

BDKJMU
September 11th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Would be nice if we could open up your new/improved stadium in 2010. I bet the atmosphere would be outstanding for that game. Had a good time for half the game last year and hope to make it back in the future. If you guys want to pay us about $300K we'll be glad to come up there in 2012!

Stadium will be done in 2011. That'w when it would be nice to have a big time opponent for the home opener. As far as the CAA, with the addition of ODU, not sure how that will affect the schedule rotation. Under the current rotation JMU would have UNH from the North and UR, Nova, and Towson from the South at home (same as 2007) and in 07' home opener was UNH.