PDA

View Full Version : Richmond @ Delaware Game Thread + Predictions

Pages : [1] 2

93henfan
September 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
#20 Delaware (1-0, 0-0 CAA) vs. #1 Richmond (1-0, 0-0 CAA)

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 3:30pm

Tubby Raymond Field at Delaware Stadium (22,000)

Series History:
Series Record: Delaware leads 18-7
At Newark, DE: Delaware leads 10-2
At Delaware Stadium: Delaware leads 8-2
Streak: Richmond has won 2 straight
First Meeting: Delaware won 7-0 on Oct. 24, 1931 in Newark
Last Delaware Win: Delaware won 28-24 in 2006
Last Richmond Win: Richmond won 31-14 in 2008

Game Notes:
Delaware: http://www.bluehens.com/sportsinfo/football/fbnotes09-richmond.pdf
Richmond: http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/photos/schools/rich/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf

Live Stats: http://www.bluehens.com/sportsinfo/livestats/football/xlive.htm

Live Video: http://www.udel.edu/UMS/udlive/

Radio:
Delaware: http://www.wdsd.com/pages/bhensfootball.html
Richmond: http://www.espn950am.com/

Television: The Comcast Network (formerly CN8)

93henfan
September 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
My prediction (after looking in my crystal ball):

Pat Devlin sounds his call to the rest of the CAA. After Richmonds dictates the pace of the game early and jumps out to a 17-3 lead, the Delaware defense tightens and Devlin leads two long fourth quarter drives to send the game into OT. In OT, a holding call inside the Delaware 5 yard line forces Richmond to settle for a field goal. On the very first play of the Delaware possession, Devlin drops back and hands off on a draw to Phillip Thaxton, who scampers 25 yards to paydirt, stunning the defending FCS champions.

Delaware 23 - Richmond 20 (OT)

Ivytalk
September 10th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Richmond 21, UD 16... although I'd prefer 93henfan's result!xnodx

SideLine Shooter
September 10th, 2009, 12:04 PM
UR - 31
UD - 14
xnodx

aust42
September 10th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Delaware 27 Richmond 24 in a classic CAA battle. Home Field advantage is the difference. The atmosphere will be electric with 23,000 fans packing the house.

ISUMatt
September 10th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Richmond 24
Delaware 14

JMU Newbill
September 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Richmond will win... but not by a whole lot. If this game was being played in Richmond, I'd go as much as a 14 point spread.... but home field advantage in the CAA opener for both teams will keep it close.

UR 21 - Delaware 14.

bluehenbillk
September 10th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Should be a classic game. Devlin has the potential to be the best QB in all FCS, a number of people already have him projected as a high 2011 draft pick & he certainly hasn't done anything to dissuade people from thinking that yet, but Saturday is his biggest challenge yet.

UR is a very veteran team that handled UD with ease last year, just not allowing UD's offense to do anything. UR quietly also possesses one of the strongest special teams units in the country which can make a difference every week. Definite UR edge there.

The defenses are very similar, I think UR is better with their "front seven", but UD is better with their "back seven". It won't be a high scoring game.

The atmosphere should be electric, many UD fans have circled this one since December as a measuring-stick game, plus there's a revenge factor from the last time UD came to the Tub and walked out with a 5-OT 62-56 win.

Prediction: UR 23, UD 17

RichH2
September 10th, 2009, 12:51 PM
See a total pts in the high 40 to low 50s with UR atop. If this were later in the season with Devlin having more PT I would pick UD

jmufan999
September 10th, 2009, 12:52 PM
some of these predictions are very optimistic. the QB wasn't the only problem i saw last year, i saw many, many problems with UD. i saw a nearly flawless team in UR. maybe more has changed since last year. but if the only thing UD is banking on is a new QB, i think that's too much to put on one player in the ultimate team sport. UR 34, UD 17. and before you get all pissy, remember that UR IS one of the best teams in the country and have a pretty ridiculous win streak going on.

Ivytalk
September 10th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I'll also predict that this may be the longest "game thread" in AGS history by the end of the weekend!

At least the longest thread without ASU or Montana involved!:p

jmufan999
September 10th, 2009, 12:55 PM
one example would be giving up 309 yards on the ground at JMU. Devlin may be the best QB of all time but the defense will need a better effort.

ChickenMan
September 10th, 2009, 01:00 PM
some of these predictions are very optimistic. the QB wasn't the only problem i saw last year, i saw many, many problems with UD.

UD started the season pretty well.. but once opponents got a book on the non-existent UD passing game they all adjusted accordingly. Make no mistake.. all the problems originated and were magnified by deplorable QB play.. if UD had a Devlin or Flacco at QB in '08 you would have seen a totally different (playoff) team.

ur2k
September 10th, 2009, 01:16 PM
To the Hens fans - has there been an upgrade in the O-line from last year? That unit got carved up like swiss cheese in our game last year and if they don't protect Devlin, he could be in for a long afternoon.

I think this game comes down to who can run the ball and control clock more effectively. There will be 2 very good defenses on the field on Saturday. If one of the teams can get a defensive score or special teams score would be huge as well.

bluehenbillk
September 10th, 2009, 01:17 PM
one example would be giving up 309 yards on the ground at JMU. Devlin may be the best QB of all time but the defense will need a better effort.

Your statistic is correct. However, you should consider some other things:

-UD's offense, particularly the QB play was horrific last year, the worst in school history.
-Due to the lack of offense, the defense was on the field for a long time last year, since we're talking the JMU game, JMU had a 39 to 21 minute edge in TOP, and there were a number of weeks that were similar.
-The JMU game was only 14-0 at the half last year, one of those TD's was a whopping 9-yard drive after a turnover, so a lot of those #'s got racked up in the 2nd half as the defense tired and was short-handed to begin with.

We're not proclaiming Devlin as the greatest QB of all-time, but having solid QB play can go a long way to make the WHOLE team look better.

bluehenbillk
September 10th, 2009, 01:19 PM
To the Hens fans - has there been an upgrade in the O-line from last year? That unit got carved up like swiss cheese in our game last year and if they don't protect Devlin, he could be in for a long afternoon.

Undetermined as of now. We did get an OG transfer from WVU who starts, Gradkowski. Other than that, it's similar personnel, just all a year older & about 15-20lbs heavier. Against West Chester they opened up no to very few holes for the running game, but protected Devlin when he threw the ball very well.

wideright82
September 10th, 2009, 01:24 PM
31-27 Delaware.

89Hen
September 10th, 2009, 01:26 PM
UR - 31
UD - 14
xnodx

UR 34, UD 17
With the same basic score from last year, this time in Newark, I guess we can assume the Spiders will repeat as champs and the Hens will go 3-9. xeyebrowx

ChickenMan
September 10th, 2009, 01:38 PM
These are the type of games (significant underdog) where Delaware.. under Tubby.. many times would rise to the occasion and pull an upset. I can recall quite a few occasions when UD came away with wins over significantly favored opponents.. but that was then and this is now.. so we will see.

mcveyrl
September 10th, 2009, 01:38 PM
With the same basic score from last year, this time in Newark, I guess we can assume the Spiders will repeat as champs and the Hens will go 3-9. xeyebrowx

Maybe you guys played over your heads last year (and you can't go 3-9 unless you lose in the playoffs -- the 128 team playoffs). xeyebrowx

I think UD pulls this off at home, but it might be the only game UR loses all year.

ChickenMan
September 10th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Maybe you guys played over your heads last year .

UD didn't play over Mini-Me's head last year...

GannonFan
September 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Make no mistake - the problems last year for UD all started with the lack of QB play. That was hidden for the first few games until it became quite clear that UD knew they didn't have a QB and opponents started getting game film proving they didn't have a QB. All of the problems that came after that (porous offensive line, disinterested WR corps, tired defense) all came as a result of that one, pretty significant failing. When you can't trust the QB to throw a forward pass and not have it picked off, it's amazing what else will fall apart as a result.

For this game, there's no reason to think it won't be close. With all of UD's failings last year, it was a 10 point game in Richmond in the 4th quarter in a game where UD's offense was only able to manage 55 yards - for the entire game. All 14 of UD's points were scored by the defense. And the time of possession was ridiculous as a result - over 42 minutes of possession by Richmond to just 17 minutes for the Hens. Richmond is good and experienced, with the entire starting lineup being seniors or juniors. UD's got one of the better FCS QB's this year, though, in Devlin, who can throw and run the ball and has a good set of WR's at his disposal. And with West Chester as the first game, you know UD was spending a lot of time planning for this game. UD's going to put up a lot more yards this game than last year (Duke's QB threw for more than 300 yards last week and Devlin is much better than that guy) and Delaware's defense was able to really pester Ward last year (2 picks and under 200 yards passing) and should be able to do so again. With Devlin keeping the offense on the field, the D should actually get some rest this year.

I like the upset - UD 28 Richmond 24.

bostonspider
September 10th, 2009, 02:11 PM
While this game makes me nervous, I do think UR should be able to pull it out. I see nothing to make me think UD is better than the Duke team UR just throttled. And yes Lewis threw for over 300 yards, but then again that was on 55 attempts. He only averaged something like 10 yards a completion and 6 yards an attempt. The Blue Devils rushed for less than 20 yards for the game on something like 16 carries.

UR-28
UD-14

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 10th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I forsee a low scoring game with a lot of field goals.

I think we'll employ a similar defensive gameplan as the one we used against Duke ... stuff the run, allow Devlin the underneath stuff.

I expect Richmond to show up in a lot of 4-wide and even empty backfield type stuff to spread out the Blue Hen defense.

I think we have better 3,4,5 WR's than UD and better 3rd and 4th corners. That will be the difference.

UR 26 UD 16

Dukie95
September 10th, 2009, 03:46 PM
UR 24
UD 21

Eight Legger
September 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM
UR 31, Delaware 7

89Hen
September 10th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I expect Richmond to show up in a lot of 4-wide and even empty backfield type stuff to spread out the Blue Hen defense.

I think we have better 3,4,5 WR's than UD and better 3rd and 4th corners. That will be the difference.
xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 10th, 2009, 04:51 PM
xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Do you just have an involutary movement in your eyebrow or a real point?

The game will be won by Donte Boston, Jordan Mitchell, Seth Williams and Tremaine Graham. Should I spell it out further?

KAUMASS
September 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
The only thing for sure that we will find out in this game is 1. what does UD have this year and 2. does Richmond have any weaknesses in its armor. I expect UR to win this game because they just beat Duke, and well, UD just beat Westchester. We know what UR has, UD is still a question mark. Potentially a barnburner, especially with UD playing at home. If I were a betting man, UR 37, UD 26. I'd like to see UD pull off the upset to shake up the league a bit......good luck to both teams.

Go...gate
September 10th, 2009, 05:03 PM
UD is always tough in big games, especially at home.

Delaware 24, Richmond 20

89Hen
September 10th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Do you just have an involutary movement in your eyebrow or a real point?

The game will be won by Donte Boston, Jordan Mitchell, Seth Williams and Tremaine Graham. Should I spell it out further?
I guess I'm not sure why we need three and four corners on the field. The DB's for UD are one of the (few) areas that aren't a big concern for Hen fans. Hence my confusion. xpeacex

89Hen
September 10th, 2009, 05:14 PM
So far it's pretty even split between a Hen narrow win or a Richmond blowout. xeyebrowx (there's that twitch again). I guess I will have to stick with my plan of going to the game to find out what happens.

93henfan
September 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
So far it's pretty even split between a Hen narrow win or a Richmond blowout. xeyebrowx (there's that twitch again). I guess I will have to stick with my plan of going to the game to find out what happens.

Agreed; hence the name of this website.

The thing that must be remembered is that Delaware really, really needs a big win to reestablish a footing in the CAA. To Richmond, this is just another game to get back to a repeat. Delaware had that attitude in 2004 and stepped on a couple of landmines along the way. I think Delaware's "wanting it" will go a long way in this game.

But we'll see on Saturday, won't we? The only thing for certain is that crow will be served for breakfast for ~50% of the posters in this thread on Sunday morning.

I'm just glad it's football season. xthumbsupx

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 10th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I guess I'm not sure why we need three and four corners on the field. The DB's for UD are one of the (few) areas that aren't a big concern for Hen fans. Hence my confusion. xpeacex

All I'm saying is that If you think you're going to win the game with 4 down linemen, 3 linebackers and 4 db's on the field ... you are sadly mistaken.

Clawson not only brought us some talent ... but very diverse personnel groups.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 10th, 2009, 05:48 PM
The thing that must be remembered is that Delaware really, really needs a big win to reestablish a footing in the CAA. To Richmond, this is just another game to get back to a repeat. Delaware had that attitude in 2004 and stepped on a couple of landmines along the way. I think Delaware's "wanting it" will go a long way in this game.

To Richmond, this is their 1st CAA game. If we lose, we are 0-1 in the CAA. Not a good start.

Ud1Hens
September 10th, 2009, 05:54 PM
All I'm saying is that If you think you're going to win the game with 4 down linemen, 3 linebackers and 4 db's on the field ... you are sadly mistaken.

Clawson not only brought us some talent ... but very diverse personnel groups.

I'm not arguing but I don't know if you could find a more talented secondary in the FCS. If you think that Duke's secondary presented a tougher challenge than Delaware's...you are sadly mistaken.

The biggest difference to me is special teams...you have special teams, we have "special" teams. Our KO and Punt coverage is suspect at best, our punt blocking is scary slow/bad (Wouldn't be shocked is RU blocked one), and we can't kickoff past the 15 yard line.

blukeys
September 10th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I'm not arguing but I don't know if you could find a more talented secondary in the FCS. If you think that Duke's secondary presented a tougher challenge than Delaware's...you are sadly mistaken.

The biggest difference to me is special teams...you have special teams, we have "special" teams. Our KO and Punt coverage is suspect at best, our punt blocking is scary slow/bad (Wouldn't be shocked is RU blocked one), and we can't kickoff past the 15 yard line.

You are correct. Our "special" teams could ride in the short bus. xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 10th, 2009, 06:53 PM

We have shown very little in the Kick/Punt Return game since Clawson left. Our kick/punt coverages were pretty mediocre last year also (as JMU-fan would attest). We did pretty well on the coverages at Duke and did get a block. Our kickoffs and punting have been solid with Radford, but kicking with Howard has been up and down.

Regarding your secondary, we know its excellent with Graves and Walters ... is it deep? I think its going to be very hard for either team to run the ball very effectively. Both teams will try to spread out the D. How are your nickel and dime backs?

I actually watched a good amount of your game last year. I think Delaware is better at D-line than Richmond. Linebackers are good, but I would give ours a slight edge. I think our secondary is every bit as good as Delaware's ... and quality depth at both DB and Safety. R-Frosh #26 Hamilton is going to be very good.

Bettina90
September 10th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I gotta see UD's O-line vs. UR's O-line. To say that UD protected Devlin well when he wanted to pass against West Chester is just not that relevant, IMO, esp. not when Richmond shut down Duke's run game and planted their QB on the turf numerous times, although without recording a sack.

Also not sure I agree with the asssessment that UD's back 7 is better than UR's. UR returned all 7 from a team that, well, won the National Championship with a stout D, yes I am aware of the two DE's impact overall.

Should be a good game, I'll be there. If forced to make a prediction without having watched either team other than highlights I'll say Richmond 27, Delaware 16.

LacesOut
September 10th, 2009, 08:06 PM
UR 23
UD 17

spdram
September 10th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I've been watching Richmond football longer than I belive some posters on here have been alive. One thing that has been a consistent factor with very few exceptions, Richmond plays to the level of our competition. That's the real reason I don't think we can take much from the game in Richmond last year. Not trying to take anything from the UD D in that game, because I believe they are a good unit, but Richmond played one of the most uninspired games we played all last year. I don't expect the Spiders to be uninspired again on Saturday.

UR 27 UD 13

ViennaSpider
September 10th, 2009, 08:40 PM
If Coach London has anything to do with it, the Spiders will be anything but uninspired. UR 35, UD 7

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Regarding your secondary, we know its excellent with Graves and Walters ... is it deep?

I would say the Delaware defense is deep in all areas

DTSpider
September 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
My only prediction is that by 11:45 I'll have a cold one in my hand standing outside of the Tub.

Should be a great game.

GoBlueHens83
September 10th, 2009, 09:26 PM
My only prediction is that by 11:45 I'll have a cold one in my hand standing outside of the Tub.

xthumbsupx Best prediction in the whole thread!

ASU_MBA
September 10th, 2009, 10:44 PM
UR 28
Delaware 17

cougarpines
September 11th, 2009, 05:35 AM

Should be a great game.

Why so late:)

appmaj
September 11th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Richmond 22
Delaware 24

ChickenMan
September 11th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I don't expect UD's OL to run block very effectively.. but if they can protect Devlin adequately the Hens should be able to do some business in the air. I also expect that UD's defense will play well enough to keep the Hens close enough to have a shot at a win. This is a very difficult game to predict.. home field gives UD a real chance to win the game.. but I'll guess... UR 20 UD 17.

89Hen
September 11th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Why so late:)
3:30 game. I know I can't drink for more than 4 hours pregame and be worth a darn come game time.

89Hen
September 11th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I don't expect UD's OL to run block very effectively.. but if they can protect Devlin adequately the Hens should be able to do some business in the air.
Pass sets up the run. xsmiley_wix

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Now please don't take this the wrong way - Richmond certainly looks good so far and Duke is certainly better than they were in the 1990s but I'm not so sure if Mickey Matthews' half-arsed game he played at Duke last year has people thinking UR is better than they really are. UD is dangerous when they actually have a QB (rather than a BCS recruit who is a total bust) and the game is at TRS.

I'll take the blue bock-bocks by 7.

JMU DUUUKES LAW
September 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
UD 24 - UR 21

The UofR Hype Train finally starts to derail

89Hen
September 11th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Geeze Law, no offense, but a JMU Duke Dog with a Miami cap and an Atlanta Braves signature? I just threw up a little in my mouth. xsmhx :p

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2009, 08:33 AM
this will be another great CAA conf game - Devlin at QB makes everything about Delaware better including the Defense as they should be able to catch some breath on the sidelines this year (they were on the field alot last year) look to see how Delaware Defense plays on third down situations...have struggeld somewhat in the past...Greyson scares me and I see he was low profile agains Duke. Obviously Delaware will have to play an excellant game in all areas to win

Hens 28
spidahs 21

bluehenbillk
September 11th, 2009, 08:39 AM
For any talk about how good or bad Duke is, just throwing it out there, they're underdogs against Army this week.

89Hen
September 11th, 2009, 08:42 AM
For any talk about how good or bad Duke is, just throwing it out there, they're underdogs against Army this week.
Could also be a result of the UR loss. I know ESPN had UVA, Duke and Temple in their "Bottom 10". A loss to a I-AA seems to automatically qualify one for it. xcoolx

Dawg2Rhody
September 11th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Richmond - 28
Delaware - 10

SunCoastBlueHen
September 11th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I have absolutely no idea what to expect from the Hens in this game. Richmond is a good team, we can be pretty sure of that. Delaware is a better team than last year, but how much better? I would feel better about the Hen's chances had TE Josh Baker not been lost to a knee injury last week. He may have been Delaware's second most valuable offensive weapon next to Devlin - from both a blocking and pass catching standpoint.

I'll stake a stab in the dark and say that the Hen's will make a game of it, but the offense will be slowed just enough by absence of Baker to allow the Spiders to eke out a narrow victory in a low scoring contest.

UR 16
UD 13

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2009, 09:06 AM

Now thats bad,

Army improved but really how could they get any worse

Duke should beat Army

yosef1969
September 11th, 2009, 01:23 PM
UD by 3 Scores...

ur2k
September 11th, 2009, 02:05 PM
UD by 3 Scores...

Touchdowns, Field Goals, or Safeties?

93henfan
September 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM
UD by 3 Scores...

Hells yeah! My new favorite App St poster.

89Hen
September 11th, 2009, 02:16 PM
PAT's

jmufan999
September 11th, 2009, 03:04 PM
-The JMU game was only 14-0 at the half last year, one of those TD's was a whopping 9-yard drive after a turnover, so a lot of those #'s got racked up in the 2nd half as the defense tired and was short-handed to begin with.

We're not proclaiming Devlin as the greatest QB of all-time, but having solid QB play can go a long way to make the WHOLE team look better.

i'm sorry but i can't stand when someone says "we were in it at the half". that means nothing. zero. zip. zilch. nada.

being in the game at halftime means absolutely nothing. that's all i'm saying.

it's like jmu saying we only lost to montana because we were -4 in turnover differential. that may be, but it still happened, and the team that made fewer mistakes won fair and square. we can make excuses, but they're just that... excuses.

and for what it's worth, i'm rooting for UD because a UR conference loss could really shake things up. i just don't think it will happen. just an opinion.

bluehenbillk
September 11th, 2009, 03:19 PM
No excuses whatsoever. In plain english, UD was a bad team last year, a horrendous team on offense. Richmond, JMU and W&M were the 3 teams that just rolled right over the Hens. The other 5 losses were at least games.

It's a new season & new optimism for tomorrow.

ItsyBitsySpider
September 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Duke will beat Army. Time to make some money

yosef1969
September 11th, 2009, 05:38 PM

Intentionally ambiguous xthumbsupx...That said, UD makes it look easy (relatively speaking anyway).

Nebuta
September 11th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Last year by the end of the season, KC was looking for anyone and their momma to come off the bench to play QB for him. (I believe he had a TE and WR play a bit) There defense was solid considering they were on the field most of the game. UD def. kept them in games late even with little to no scoring.

UR is obviously the defending champs for a reason. They are returning most of their starters. They beat Duke with ease and they should be poised to make another title run.

The key to this game is how well O-lines stack up. I expect this game to be low scoring. I surely dont see a blow out for either team unless Devilin craps the bed. I dont see UD winning by 3 scores.
I will take the under in this game. If this game was later in the season, I would be tempted to go for the upset. As Ric Flair says "TO BE THE MAN, YOU GOT TO BEAT THE MAN." and UR is the MAN. Its a golden op. for UD. but not this week

UR 17-UD 13.

93henfan
September 11th, 2009, 06:23 PM
The Weather Channel is calling for a kickoff temperature of 69F and 30% chance of rain throughout the game.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 11th, 2009, 07:29 PM
The Weather Channel is calling for a kickoff temperature of 69F and 30% chance of rain throughout the game.

You're missing the most important part of the forecast for Delaware - the wind! The Hen's will have to throw the ball well to win. With that in mind, what's the WIND forecast?

GannonFan
September 11th, 2009, 09:20 PM
You're missing the most important part of the forecast for Delaware - the wind! The Hen's will have to throw the ball well to win. With that in mind, what's the WIND forecast?

Minimal at most - weather . com doesn't predict any winds over 8mph, which is basically nothing.

paward
September 11th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Is is Saturday yet? I can not wait for this game. Need to see how we stack up against CAA.

DTSpider
September 11th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Just packed up the car. Ready to leave bright & early tomorrow. Can't wait to hit the road and get to UD.

Ud1Hens
September 11th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Just packed up the car. Ready to leave bright & early tomorrow. Can't wait to hit the road and get to UD.

Have a safe trip...when does the xbeerchugx begin?

ngineer
September 11th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Spiders are too well balanced, though the Hens are capable of pulling the upset. I see UR with at least a two score margin, 27-17.

Henny
September 11th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I picked this game as one of UD's losses. This will be alot closer that UR fans think. For the Spider fans and some others who are picking a 3+ td win for Richmond just aren't paying attention.

Have a safe trip Spiders.

93henfan
September 12th, 2009, 08:07 AM

Basically zero wind this morning here in the first state. Wind will not be an issue. No rain either (for the moment anyway).

Current TWC forecast has increased chance of precip at kickoff to 50%, dropped the temp two degrees to 67F, and added a wind forecast of 6mph out of the NW.

ItsyBitsySpider
September 12th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I will never predict a blowout of Delaware. Delaware has too much tradition. I think most Spider fans expect this to be a difficult game regardless of the year or record.

blukeys
September 12th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Basically zero wind this morning here in the first state. Wind will not be an issue. No rain either (for the moment anyway).

Current TWC forecast has increased chance of precip at kickoff to 50%, dropped the temp two degrees to 67F, and added a wind forecast of 6mph out of the NW.

The weather system is moving from South to North. NCC will see the rain last.

93henfan
September 12th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Several articles about the game here: http://www.delawareonline.com/ud

93henfan
September 12th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Tubby Raymond will be today's honorary captain and the 1959 team (8-1, won first of Delaware's 19 Lambert Cups), celebrating its 50th reunion, will be honored at halftime.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 12th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Duke will beat Army. Time to make some money

FWIW, Army is currently up 10-0 on the Dukies in the 2nd quarter.

HenZoneNation
September 12th, 2009, 12:28 PM
The big difference this year is that our O-line has had a chance to get some size and experience while UR lost their two DE's and RB from last year. I don't care what UR posters say about how good their replacements are, they certainly aren't better than what they had last year and for good reason, they were monsters. It's like when some of the ASU posters said they weren't concerned about Edwards because they had DP. When you have players who are that good and you lose them it's very hard to cover the ground between them and their replacements. ASU I'm sure has some great talent at the QB spot once Edwards graduates, but they won't be AE (I think most ASU posters agree with that but there are some who don't) and they will feel the effects of that. UR is a great team but with Sidbury on the Falcons and Vaughan on the Jags, they are not the same team as last year. When you have a strong run game and a strong D it works out perfectly for the type of style that UR has, very similiar to the Bears and Giants of the 80's. We didn't have a big drop off in any position except for Center because our players either got hurt or weren't that good from last year's team.

That being said UR is a great team, very well coached, and have a huge O-line. I think Devlin is the real deal though and if we can get Leon Jackson or Jerry Butler running (I'm not high on Hayes) we should win 24-17.

Madisonian
September 12th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I'm in agreement that this will be a very tight game. I flipped a coin and the indigo chickens turned up on top. With that, I am going with 3 points and UD.

Go...gate
September 12th, 2009, 01:43 PM
FWIW, Army is currently up 10-0 on the Dukies in the 2nd quarter.

Ellerson has worked like hell up at West Point. Army will be very tough for Duke.

CopperCat
September 12th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I've got Richmond by 10, but it would not surprise me at all if UD take the initiative early and keeps it close to win it in the 4th quarter.

RadMann
September 12th, 2009, 02:58 PM
UD up 2 - 0 on a safety.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 12th, 2009, 02:59 PM
2-0 Delaware. Snap over the Richmond punter's head into the endzone.

ur2k
September 12th, 2009, 03:05 PM
2-0 Delaware. Snap over the Richmond punter's head into the endzone.

2nd one this year, we knew going in that long snapping would be an issue.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 12th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Richmond so far has -1 yards of total offense. Delaware has moved the ball. Hens first and ten at the Spider 18.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 12th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Hens settle for FG. 5-0 Delaware.

YoUDeeMan
September 12th, 2009, 03:09 PM
UD +108 yards. UR -1.

soccerguy315
September 12th, 2009, 03:09 PM
good hold for the FG by Richmond...

maybe they will make positive yards on offense this time

SunCoastBlueHen
September 12th, 2009, 03:10 PM
UD +108 yards. UR -1.

Why aren't you at the game, Cluck?

soccerguy315
September 12th, 2009, 03:11 PM
25 yard pass to midfield. They have positive yards now!

YoUDeeMan
September 12th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Why aren't you at the game, Cluck?

&%$@#$!

I will leave it with the fact that I love my wife...and I am a lucky guy. xthumbsupx

But I am not a happy guy (football wise) at this moment. xbawlingx

SunCoastBlueHen
September 12th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Spidahs move the ball some, but give it up on downs. Still 5-0 Hens.

soccerguy315
September 12th, 2009, 03:19 PM
good hold by Delaware

SunCoastBlueHen
September 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Richmond moves the ball some again, but interception by the Hens stops the drive.

soccerguy315
Delaware defense picks it and a good return, +15 for a soft penalty on Richmond gives UD awesome field position.

ur2k
I hope we never try to run the wildcat again after our WR throws an INT.

soccerguy315
online feed is working well for me, nice job UD

Uncle Buck
September 12th, 2009, 03:29 PM
UD driving

SunCoastBlueHen
September 12th, 2009, 03:29 PM
1st down Hens at the Richmond 19.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 12th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hens settle for another FG. 8-0 Delaware.

soccerguy315
September 12th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Richmond hanging around...

Delaware's going to need to find the end zone on at least one of these drives to win the game

Ivytalk
September 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Cable TV feed in Sussex County, a beer, and Blue Hen football. Life is good!xnodx

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Ward is going to have to win it with his arm today. UR running game is looking poor at best against UD defense.

Uncle Buck
September 12th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Richmond hanging around...

Delaware's going to need to find the end zone on at least one of these drives to win the game

Would you expect them to not hang around? I assumed this game would be a battle.

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Richmond needed that. Nice pass Ward

seattlespider
September 12th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Great drive that was desperately needed. Interesting they don't go for two, but obviously it's unlikely to be the last score of the game.

soccerguy315
September 12th, 2009, 03:49 PM
that was a big drive from Richmond to close out the half (well, 23 seconds left)

Uncle Buck
September 12th, 2009, 03:51 PM
This is a hell of a game, 8-7. That safety could loom huge late in the game.

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hell of drive by Richmond to end the half 7-8. Hens up.

ur2k
September 12th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Very lucky to only be down one at the half. Big drive to close out the half.

soccerguy315
September 12th, 2009, 04:21 PM
costly mistake there Richmond

soccerguy315
September 12th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Richmond fumbled the punt... Delaware with a 20 yard drive for the TD

15-7

10:38 Q3

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Mistakes are killing Richmond. London must be going crazy!!! UD 15 pts off of mistakes

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Mistakes are killing Richmond. London must be going crazy!!! UD 12 pts off of mistakes

Fixed it for ya
xthumbsupxxthumbsupx
7pts off fumble
2pts off bad snap.
3pts off INT to give DE ball on 40

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Come on Richmond. Let ward pass. The run game is pityful

gbhmt
September 12th, 2009, 04:29 PM
What a hit.

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Got away with one.

Uncle Buck
September 12th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Man, UR just not hanging on to the ball. UD putting their hats on it. Lucky break for UR.

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Hard hitting game here. 2 fumbles in one drive.

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Mistake after mistake for UR.

They just look so lethargic and slow to me.

Credit to UD, playing very well. D looks very very good.

gbhmt
September 12th, 2009, 04:34 PM
That was a baaaad penalty.

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 04:35 PM
And another one!

ur2k
September 12th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Its been a long time since UR has made this many mistakes

RabidRabbit
Man - Del D is looking pretty good at getting cough-ups. UR is battling well, but knock outs by Del is making them looking less than #1. UD crowd is making difference.

Nebuta
Yeah UR needs to block the noise out.

Dawg2Rhody
And another one! From 3rd and goal at the 2, to 3rd and goal at the 12

gbhmt
September 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Delaware's dong everything right.

Dawg2Rhody
Good pass I go for it if I am London. Though the d has been tough today for UD. Go #4

LacesOut
UR's playcalling is THE WORST EVER!! LOL

RabidRabbit
Will Spiders get the TD?

NO!!! xeekxxeekxxeekx

NICE WORK UD!

Dawg2Rhody
Stopped him at the goal line

Tod
September 12th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Wow! What a stop!

Nebuta
geez. wouldnt have run it there. 1st down Hens

Dawg2Rhody
this may be the shortest penalty in history!!!

Uncle Buck
UR's playcalling is THE WORST EVER!! LOL

You should see Hofstra's xsmhx

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah playing calling has been horrid. The passing game has been there all game.

Uncle Buck
Man, i clicked on something and lost the web feed and can't get it back. Ugh!

Dawg2Rhody
what a hit!!!

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 04:40 PM
good defensive stand UR

Dawg2Rhody
UD punting from the end zone

Dawg2Rhody
Hatcher????

RabidRabbit
September 12th, 2009, 04:41 PM
PUG Ugly return! Lots of return yards left on field by Richmond there.

ur2k
September 12th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Hatcher????

Awful game for him on PRs

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 04:44 PM
You should see Hofstra's xsmhx

LMAO!!

Did they win today?? I haven't checked any scores.

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 04:44 PM
UR makes a nice 3rd down pick up to end the 3rd qtr UD 15 UR 7. I love football season!

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hofstra won 40 - 24 against Bryant but it was not that close!

Uncle Buck
September 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
LMAO!!

Did they win today?? I haven't checked any scores.

40-24, but offense and playcalling sucked in the second half, almost blew a 31-10 lead at the half.

Got my video feed back xthumbsupx

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 04:47 PM
40-24, but offense and playcalling sucked in the second half, almost blew a 31-10 lead at the half.

Got my video feed back xthumbsupx

Well then, CONGRATS!!!

A win is a win. Ugly, pretty, doesn't matta! (sidenote...I have no idea who Bryant even is)

seattlespider
September 12th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Ward is the man.

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Maybe it's just me, but sometimes football just looks so slow on grass.

UR 1st and goal.

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 04:52 PM
geez Quit running. UR

Dawg2Rhody
Touchdown UR. Hope Walthers is ok

seattlespider
Ward gets it in!

Dawg2Rhody
Going for two

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 04:53 PM
lol. Nice one UR. thank goodness you didnt need more than a yard

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 04:53 PM
UR scores, but UGGHHH, again, the goal line play calling.

Going for two to tie............

NOPE!!

LOL

seattlespider
September 12th, 2009, 04:54 PM
15-13 UD. 12:27 left in the 4th.

griz&beer
September 12th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Go hens

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 04:56 PM
UD needs a good drive here. Their defense has been on the field most of the 2nd half

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Mackey is killing

soccerguy315
September 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM
regardless of the outcome...

very strong showing by Delaware.

seattlespider
September 12th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Nice stop by UR there.

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:01 PM
UR ball, starting at their own 20, 10:28 left in the 4th.

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 05:01 PM
bad throw Devlin, UD punting will put the strength of the team on the field.

seattlespider
September 12th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Big PI there.

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Damn, that PI was UD's first penalty of the game.

They are playing so well!!!

BLUE HENS!

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaand UR picks up their 6th penalty of the day, for a false start.

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 05:04 PM
UR seems to be picking up the pace. Short passes are hurting UD.

Nebuta
Delaware Secondary is looking suspect.

seattlespider
Ward taking over here.

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Uhhh, UD, it's not a good to be still shuffling players in when UR is just about to get the play off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Yes AB!

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:06 PM
LOLLOLOLOLOL

Another UR turnover!!!

INT!!

There were 4 friggin UD guys around the UR guy!!!!!!!! NICE THROW WARD!!!!!!!!!!

Dawg2Rhody
INT Graves, awful throw

seattlespider
And just as I said it. INT. Ugh

Nebuta
Throwing in to double coverage. OUCH

soccerguy315
picked...

Richmond not taking care of the ball today.

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Devlin is keeping UR in this game. His passes have been bad.

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 05:07 PM
The UD offense is not holding up their end

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Int Devlin. UR in the red zone

seattlespider
WHAT A RUN AFTER THE INT!

soccerguy315
picked again... first big play for UR

Richmond with the ball on the 10

LacesOut
UR WITH THE PICK!!!

Returned to the UD 10!!!!!!!!

Horrible throw by Devlin. Way high.

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Devlin is keeping UR in this game. His passes have been bad.

Lol. Nice pick. Gift wrapped that one

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Damn you guys type way faster than me.

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
UR play calling is awful

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
A run, off tackle, to the short side of the field????

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM
whew. Come on FG

LacesOut
UR play calling is awful

I know, right?!

Dawg2Rhody
Field goal UR first lead of the game 16 - 15.

seattlespider
16-15!

Nebuta
UR 16-UD 15. good comeback.

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Does either team deserve to win this game???

haha j/k

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Devlin looks lost.

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Devlin looks lost.

Lets see how he responds on this drive. I think he'll be fine.

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Devlin is not impressive today at all!

LacesOut
Lets see how he responds on this drive. I think he'll be fine.

Ok maybe not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But they'll get the ball back.

Nebuta
Devlin just pooping the bed the last 2 drives

seattlespider
Big stop for the Spiders!

CharlestonAppFan
September 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM
score?

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM
UD defense needs a 3 and out or a turnover. To get them in FG range.

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Lot of time left, 5:23.

UD has all 3 timeouts left. And UR isn't running the ball too well today.

They will not run the clock out with this drive.

Nebuta
16UR -15ud

ur2k
score?

16-15 ur

LacesOut
3rd and 2, UR at their own 16.............

1st down pass!!

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Big 3rd down

seattlespider
Play of the game here.

Dawg2Rhody
1st down UR

seattlespider
HUGE PLAY!

soccerguy315
big first down there for the spiders

Nebuta
September 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM
big 1st down there.

ur2k
"Big Play" Jordan Mitchell - big first down

LacesOut
Play of the game here.

Disagree.

Too much time left.

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 05:21 PM
WTH...why would UR call a timeout here?????? London must have had heart burn last night

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:21 PM
WTF playcalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG.

Don't even hand the ball off. Just let Ward either run or find someone to throw too off the play action.

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Now they have a 3rd and 12!

2:33 left....

No first down.

Dawg2Rhody
September 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Ok ref pointed in the wrong direction.

LacesOut
September 12th, 2009, 05:23 PM
UD should get the ball back in great field position! And all they need is a FG.

ur2k
UD defense is fast

Nebuta
Coming down to the wire. Lets see if Devlin can forget those last couple of drives.

Eight Legger
Tough to get a FG or any other score when Devlin is leading you on 13-second 3-and-out drives repeatedly.

Dawg2Rhody
Can Devlin live up to the Hen-hype?????? This is his chance.

OxSoxUNH05
September 12th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Bad kick

Dawg2Rhody
awful punt!

Ud1Hens
SHANK!

seattlespider
Horrible punt.

LacesOut
Tough to get a FG or any other score when Devlin is leading you on 13-second 3-and-out drives repeatedly.

Unless you jack up the punt!

LOL

UD ball at the UR 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 yard punt!!!!!!!

Nebuta
UD offense needs to buy the defense a beer after this one. UD defense is doing everything on their side of the ball.

Eight Legger
September 12th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Bad snap...again. Sheesh.

soccerguy315
huge throw when it counts...

Ud1Hens
PATRICK DEVLIN!!!!!!!

Dawg2Rhody
Great throw Devlin!

Nebuta
Can Devlin live up to the Hen-hype?????? This is his chance.
Guess so. lol

LacesOut
UR better use their TO's!

Eight Legger
September 12th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Why aren't we calling TO?

Ud1Hens
hold onto that ball

seattlespider
Call a TO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Buck
September 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM
This has been an amazing game.

OxSoxUNH05
No pressure on the FG or anything

Eight Legger
This has been an amazing game.

If by amazing you mean horribly played, then yes, it has.

gbhmt
September 12th, 2009, 05:29 PM
i wish this feed had a game clock

Dawg2Rhody
Blocked!

Eight Legger
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

seattlespider
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!