PDA

View Full Version : TSN Week 2 Top 25 Previews

danefan
September 10th, 2009, 11:06 AM
http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4253052

Please note that Coulson didn't write this.

So love it or hate it, but don't blame Coulson.

93henfan
September 10th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Brett Kahn is a pseudonym. In loosely translates to blind follower of the moonshine producers in Hindi.

TexasTerror
September 10th, 2009, 11:12 AM
An accurate assessment of UAlbany at UMass...

Since they are the only team besides CCSU that has shown potential to carry the NEC banner, they are going to have to break through in some of these games on a consistent basis in order for us to give credibility, especially since the NEC is guaranteed a road game in the playoffs yearly.

danefan
September 10th, 2009, 11:16 AM
An accurate assessment of UAlbany at UMass...

Since they are the only team besides CCSU that has shown potential to carry the NEC banner, they are going to have to break through in some of these games on a consistent basis in order for us to give credibility, especially since the NEC is guaranteed a road game in the playoffs yearly.

Agreed to some extent, but it seems the people who have actually been to one of these close Albany games seem to already have respect for the product that Albany has put on the field in the past.

The reporters and poll voters who have never seen it and rely only on box scores and the fact that they are in the NEC to vote, have not realized it.

I also wouldn't really call this an assessment. The guy just regurgitated (sp?) the language from his preseason preview and put some new stats up there. There is no real comparison of opponents here. Its just a prediction. So maybe "assessment" isn't quire an accurate description.

biggie
September 10th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Was surprised to see the UR/UD prediction so close. Thought everyone expected a blowout.

Dane96
September 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
So...his game of the week happens to be simply because ASU is opening their new digs...to what he projects to be a blowout win?

No offense to ASU because the stadium is a great accomplishment, but WTF is that dude smoking.

The game of the week list is short...and that game is not in the top-5.

AppAlum2003
September 10th, 2009, 11:39 AM
So...his game of the week happens to be simply because ASU is opening their new digs...to what he projects to be a blowout win?

No offense to ASU because the stadium is a great accomplishment, but WTF is that dude smoking.

The game of the week list is short...and that game is not in the top-5.

I know that McNeese is feeling the pain of injuries right now, but since when is #16 visiting #2 not a top 5 matchup? xeekx

ChickenMan
September 10th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Was surprised to see the UR/UD prediction so close. Thought everyone expected a blowout.

This is not the same UD team from '08.. they have a very good QB now and also a good defense. I expect that Richmond will get a very tough game from the Hens.

Dane96
September 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I know that McNeese is feeling the pain of injuries right now, but since when is #16 visiting #2 not a top 5 matchup? xeekx

1. Richmond at Delaware
2. New Hampshire at Ball State
3. Weber St. at Colorado State
4. Georgia Southern at SDSU
5. Albany at UMASS

I personally think McNeese is overrated...and I believe that the last two games say alot about all of those teams playoff hopes. UMass looked good against KSU...so if Albany could pull it out...it woud be huge.

GSU and SDSU are statement games as this is SDSU's first game...and GSU has to show they can go on the road to a hostile environment and pull out the win.

PaladinFan
September 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I agree that App State is going to blow McNeese off the field. I think Georgia Southern and SDSU, to me, is the most interesting game this week.

DLS
September 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM
not only is it #16 at #2 but it's also the return of the biggest player in the fcs right now.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2009, 03:14 PM
http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4253052

Please note that Coulson didn't write this.

So love it or hate it, but don't blame Coulson.

Yeah, I'll blame the "FCS Assistant" who left EWU v. Cal completely off the list. Effing Ruhtard. xnonono2x

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM

I hope your not a betting man

ASU_MBA
September 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I agree that App State is going to blow McNeese off the field. I think Georgia Southern and SDSU, to me, is the most interesting game this week.

I hope you are right about the first part....but I agree with you on the GSU - SDSU game...could have playoff at-large implications

McNeese75
September 10th, 2009, 11:24 PM
1. Richmond at Delaware
2. New Hampshire at Ball State
3. Weber St. at Colorado State
4. Georgia Southern at SDSU
5. Albany at UMASS

I personally think McNeese is overrated...and I believe that the last two games say alot about all of those teams playoff hopes. UMass looked good against KSU...so if Albany could pull it out...it woud be huge.

GSU and SDSU are statement games as this is SDSU's first game...and GSU has to show they can go on the road to a hostile environment and pull out the win.

And why is Albany so important in the scheme of things this week??? So if McNeese pulls off the big upset that would be less of an accomplishment than Albany beating Umass? Yeah right xrotatehx

appmaj
September 11th, 2009, 06:54 AM
And why is Albany so important in the scheme of things this week??? So if McNeese pulls off the big upset that would be less of an accomplishment than Albany beating Umass? Yeah right xrotatehx

Is Albany beating UMass as big an upset as McNeese over App?
xnonono2x

Dane96
September 11th, 2009, 09:30 AM

Well...because if UMASS' loses it will say alot about their playoff hopes and where they stand in the CAA.

If Albany wins...it is one of TWO MANDATORY WINS against an AQ opponent...and one that just nearly took it to an FBS school.

For Albany to make the playoffs...they MUST BEAT UMASS AND MAINE...a loss to either and they are automatically eliminated to at large contention.

Make sense?

Dane96
September 11th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Is Albany beating UMass as big an upset as McNeese over App?
xnonono2x

Point is being missed-- he claimed it was the game of the week but then said that App State should easily handle McNeese...which would mean App State is that good and McNeese is overated. A 20 pt. pasting isnt much of a game, unless it is a late score that brings it to that level.

The reporter basically stated it wont be much of a game, even with the hype. How can a game that wont be much on the field be the "GAME OF THE WEEK".

Argue all you want about the Albany-UMASS pick...but the four above it most certainly have great weight.

RabidRabbit
September 11th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Well...because if UMASS' loses it will say alot about their playoff hopes and where they stand in the CAA.

If Albany wins...it is one of TWO MANDATORY WINS against an AQ opponent...and one that just nearly took it to an FBS school.

For Albany to make the playoffs...they MUST BEAT UMASS AND MAINE...a loss to either and they are automatically eliminated to at large contention.

Make sense?

Yes, if Albany is the best of the NEC, then to be selected as an at-large this year for the play-offs, they MUST win this game, or they're out for this year. HUGE for Albany in only the 2nd week.

GSU at SDSU is the other game that will be a major turning point in making the play-offs. GSU is trying to get back into being a consistent play-off contender. SDSU was literally two plays from making it in their inaugeral year of eligibility. Plus, SDSU needs to show that they can start the season with a W, which has NOT been their forte'. xnonono2xxnonono2x

NDSU/SHSU will serve to eliminate an at-large candidate, as the losser will be 0-2, and both are FCS losses. The loser's only path to the play-offs will be via the auto-bid.

GSUhooligan
September 11th, 2009, 11:00 AM
NDSU/SHSU will serve to eliminate an at-large candidate, as the losser will be 0-2, and both are FCS losses. The loser's only path to the play-offs will be via the auto-bid.

NDSU lost to Iowa State who, despite the on field product, is FBS.

Bisonforlife
September 11th, 2009, 11:26 AM
They would also still be entitled to the Autobid if they won all of their conference gamesxcoffeex

Dane96
September 11th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Who? Albany? Not true if that's what you are referring to.

Bisonforlife
September 11th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Who? Albany? Not true if that's what you are referring to.

Sorry for the confusion I was referring to NDSU and or Sam Houston Statexnodx

RabidRabbit
September 11th, 2009, 12:18 PM
NDSU lost to Iowa State who, despite the on field product, is FBS.

Correct. The issue will be that NDSU or SHSU will likely NOT get the minimum 7 D-I wins without also winning their respective conferences. So if they don't win their conferences, say have 3 losses in conference games, then they won't be selected as an At-large.