PDA

View Full Version : time for the FCS to stop selling its self short

grizzpaw
September 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
i was wondering how others felt about setting a minimum price for ALL FBS gamesxnodx? i feel that the FCS is selling itself too cheap for most of the teams in the FBSxnonono2x. is it good or bad for the FCS as a whole to set a price to play ANY FBS teamsxeekx?

89Hen
September 9th, 2009, 10:17 AM
i was wondering how others felt about setting a minimum price for ALL FBS gamesxnodx? i feel that the FCS is selling itself too cheap for most of the teams in the FBSxnonono2x. is it good or bad for the FCS as a whole to set a price to play ANY FBS teamsxeekx?
Bad. There's no set price for BCS to play SunBelt. You get what you can and what you need.

Dane96
September 9th, 2009, 10:20 AM

All the leverage is with FBS schools-- you take the price they give or you dont show at all.

BEAR
September 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I think the biggest price setter for FCS is the other FCS schools. If your school doesn't take the $250k, I'm sure another one will. If they all stopped taking the $, then I can imagine boosters would be mad. If UCA didn't take an all expense paid trip with a $150k paycheck to Hawaii, that would have been horrible for them. I can imagine it cost Hawaii about nearly $500k to send 90 Bears to play them just to get a W.

90 people @ $4500 per (roundtrip flight, hotel on wakiki beach and all food etc.)
$150k paycheck for coming.

That's a good paycheck for paying all other expenses.

So my question is: Are you including the FBS schools having to pay all the other expenses?xeyebrowx

grizzpaw
September 9th, 2009, 11:51 AM
i'm not saying to set it so high that they don't want to play an FCS team but the big 6 (BCS) can! i was reading that the avg asking price for a FBS vs FBS was going to 1 million starting next year so asking a minium of say $450,000 would be a bargain for BCS teams! maybe set it like " BCS" teams pay this amount and the rest of the FBS pays a lower amount!

Big Al
September 9th, 2009, 11:57 AM
It all depends. UNI got less to play the Hawks this year than vs. BYU last year but Iowa City is a 90 minute bus ride from Cedar Falls.

Polywog
September 9th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Portland State got $300K to visit Oregon State this year. It's less than 1 1/2 hours away by bus, and that $300K will cover ALL of PSU's travel expenses for the year. It would be pretty hard to pass that up to try and leverage an even bigger check.

aust42
September 9th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Sheet, Navy got a million to play Ohio State this past Saturday.