PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 questions...

KAUMASS
September 8th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Some questions I was pondering after week 1 and looking at week 2 games..feel free to add anything I may have missed & discuss.

1. Who feels worse...Maine or Northeastern? Maine taking to OT by St. Cloud or Northeastern smacked by Boston College...

2. Will McNeese play up to Applachian or get spanked by 50 points? This could be ugly if McNeese plays like they did last week-beat Henderson St by 3...

3. Does UNH have a chance against Ball State if they throw for 95 yards like they did against St. Francis? St. Francis that good this year?

4. Can UAlbany get any better with 43 scholarships? Where are they getting these kids from? Georgia Southern down this year or is UAlbany a bunch of renegades creating havoc with FCS big boys again this year?

5. Has the NEC outpaced the Patriot League with the kind of players they are getting with 43 rides?

6. Will Montana travel well or struggle against UC Davis?

7. How does Indiana State lose to a NAIA school and only get beat by 20 by Louisville?

8. Does Lehigh have any kind of chance against Villanova?

9. Will Weber St. run out of gas after playing 2 FBS schools in a row?

10. San Diego playing Northern Colorado in a OOC game?

11. What does Delaware have this year and can they take it to Richmond?

12. Georgia Southern @ South Dakota St? Pick'm?

13. JMU @ Maryland...will we get a read on JMU's team this year against Maryland or will it be like other years...lose to an average FBS team and kick ass in FCS?

14. Cal Poly...what will we have from them this year?

15. Central Conn looking forward to playing William & Mary after B&M just beat Virginia?

16. Furman against Chatty @ Chatty...Furman to make a SoCon statement with a blowout game here?

bluehenbillk
September 8th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Thoughts on some of your musings:

1- Maine must feel worse, they were supposed to be good this year. When was the last time the Huskies were good?

2- No way McNeese loses by anywhere close to 50.

5- Yes, the NEC is already better than the Patriot, who now rivals the MEAC as the worst league in FCS.

8- Unless Nova's bus, err no, no chance for LU against Nova.

11- UD has a big-time QB and a very good defense. If they don't turn the ball over & can keep UR's run game in check it'll be a heckuva game.

13- JMU never shows up against FBS teams, that & it's the wrong time to see Maryland.

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 01:29 PM
1. Who feels worse...Maine or Northeastern? Maine taking to OT by St. Cloud or Northeastern smacked by Boston College... They are supposed to making a playoff push and at least NU got paid.

2. Will McNeese play up to Applachian or get spanked by 50 points? This could be ugly if McNeese plays like they did last week-beat Henderson St by 3... AppSt by more than 14 with AE back as starter

3. Does UNH have a chance against Ball State if they throw for 95 yards like they did against St. Francis? Yes St. Francis that good this year? No

4. Can UAlbany get any better with 43 scholarships? Where are they getting these kids from? Georgia Southern down this year or is UAlbany a bunch of renegades creating havoc with FCS big boys again this year? Albany has always been well coached. With more schollies (and better facilities) they would be a great fit for the CAA

5. Has the NEC outpaced the Patriot League with the kind of players they are getting with 43 rides? Albany, CCSU and to some extent Monmouth, yes.

6. Will Montana travel well or struggle against UC Davis? Davis is still down. Griz by two + scores

7. How does Indiana State lose to a NAIA school and only get beat by 20 by Louisville? Best question of the bunch

8. Does Lehigh have any kind of chance against Villanova? No

9. Will Weber St. run out of gas after playing 2 FBS schools in a row? No, might make them stronger

10. San Diego playing Northern Colorado in a OOC game? Toreros schedule worst BSC team, what next Idaho State?

11. What does Delaware have this year and can they take it to Richmond? Still unknown and it will be very tough

12. Georgia Southern @ South Dakota St? Pick'm? SDSU by homefield 3

13. JMU @ Maryland...will we get a read on JMU's team this year against Maryland or will it be like other years...lose to an average FBS team and kick ass in FCS? Maryland by medium margin

14. Cal Poly...what will we have from them this year? A playoff bid?

15. Central Conn looking forward to playing William & Mary after B&M just beat Virginia? They won't be looking forward after kickoff

16. Furman against Chatty @ Chatty...Furman to make a SoCon statement with a blowout game here? Blowout at Chatty is not a statement, unless it's in December. xsmiley_wix

danefan
September 8th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Good idea for a thread. Do it evey week. xthumbsupx

1. Who feels worse...Maine or Northeastern? Maine taking to OT by St. Cloud or Northeastern smacked by Boston College... I say Maine. Northeastern expected to get thumped. Maine expected a huge win. Lots of fans thinking its back to usual with Cosgrove.

2. Will McNeese play up to Applachian or get spanked by 50 points? This could be ugly if McNeese plays like they did last week-beat Henderson St by 3...I think the SLC is down and McNeese is down even further. They weren't a great team last year but hung around in the polls because they started so high preseason. I think App will smack them around by 3 TD's at least. maybe more if Edwards plays for more than the first half.

3. Does UNH have a chance against Ball State if they throw for 95 yards like they did against St. Francis? No. They need to be more balance. St. Francis that good this year? No - they'll have 1 or maybe 2 wins all season.

4. Can UAlbany get any better with 43 scholarships? Where are they getting these kids from? We've been blessed with one of the best coaches ever. He can recruit kids to come to a school without 63 scholarships. He also has to convince them its no big deal that they'll be playing in a stadium which is actually a downgrade from their high school stadium. 63 rides and a 10,000 seat facility (even if its just an upgrade and not a brand new facility) will equate to a national contender. But how many years does Ford have left? He turns 74 on Friday. Georgia Southern down this year or is UAlbany a bunch of renegades creating havoc with FCS big boys again this year? GSU will be good this year. The 2nd half adjustments on offense were great and if they play that way they'll win 7 or 8 games at least.

5. Has the NEC outpaced the Pat riot League with the kind of players they are getting with 43 rides? At the top - yes. At the bottom - no. And FWIW, the scholarship limit is only at 38 this year. Maxing out at 40 next year.

6. Will Montana travel well or struggle against UC Davis? Montana will travel well and win by 14.

7. How does Indiana State lose to a NAIA school and only get beat by 20 by Louisville? Easy to get up for a play-up game and very hard to do the same to an "inferior" opponent. That's a coaching issue.

8. Does Lehigh have any kind of chance against Villanova? Unfortunately (for the NEC's SOS) no. It will be a 3 or 4 TD win for Nova.

9. Will Weber St. run out of gas after playing 2 FBS schools in a row? Not unless a major injury occurs.

10. San Diego playing Northern Colorado in a OOC game? They'll probably win too. They should try scheduling a good team though. Might help.

11. What does Delaware have this year and can they take it to Richmond? I think UD loses in a close one.

12. Georgia Southern @ South Dakota St? Pick'm? GSU by 7. Valentine has another great game and quickly becomes the nation's best Freshman WR.

13. JMU @ Maryland...will we get a read on JMU's team this year against Maryland or will it be like other years...lose to an average FBS team and kick ass in FCS? Maryland will come back stronger this week and win by 7. Good game otherwise.

14. Cal Poly...what will we have from them this year? Nothing like last year I don't thinkl

15. Central Conn looking forward to playing William & Mary after B&M just beat Virginia? No better time for a "trap game". It may be close at the half, but W&M will get their butts in gear in the 2nd half to win by 14+.

16. Furman against Chatty @ Chatty...Furman to make a SoCon statement with a blowout game here? Hmmm..good question. I think Furman by 14, but not the blowout win most are expecting.

OL FU
September 8th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Chattanooga has something they haven't had in a while and that is a feeling that they can win. If the crowd shows again and nothing happens early to demoralize Chattanooga and knock their confidence sideways it will probably be a close game to the finish. If FU can jump on them quickly, it might just be a blowout.

ChickenMan
September 8th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Some questions I was pondering after week 1 and looking at week 2 games..feel free to add anything I may have missed & discuss.

1. Who feels worse...Maine or Northeastern? Maine taking to OT by St. Cloud or Northeastern smacked by Boston College...

2. Will McNeese play up to Applachian or get spanked by 50 points? This could be ugly if McNeese plays like they did last week-beat Henderson St by 3...

3. Does UNH have a chance against Ball State if they throw for 95 yards like they did against St. Francis? St. Francis that good this year?

4. Can UAlbany get any better with 43 scholarships? Where are they getting these kids from? Georgia Southern down this year or is UAlbany a bunch of renegades creating havoc with FCS big boys again this year?

5. Has the NEC outpaced the Patriot League with the kind of players they are getting with 43 rides?

7. How does Indiana State lose to a NAIA school and only get beat by 20 by Louisville?

13. JMU @ Maryland...will we get a read on JMU's team this year against Maryland or will it be like other years...lose to an average FBS team and kick ass in FCS?

15. Central Conn looking forward to playing William & Mary after B&M just beat Virginia?

16. Furman against Chatty @ Chatty...Furman to make a SoCon statement with a blowout game here?

1 - NU.. it's always better to get a win.
2 - McNeese will lose.. respectably
3 - UNH has a chance
4 - Albany can and will get better
5 - Yes.. the NEC is now a better league
6 - Montana will win at Cal Davis
7 - Indiana St is expert at losing in many different ways
8 - Lehigh has no chance vs Nova
9 - Weber St has plenty of gas left
10 - Who cares?
11 - I don't know what UD has.. but defense and Devlin give them a real shot vs UR
12- SDST over GSU
13 - Maryland over JMU.. but it will be close
14 - Cal Poly.. I pass on that one
15 - Furman.. Sept 19th rings a bell

wideright82
September 8th, 2009, 02:06 PM
1. Who feels worse...Maine or Northeastern? Maine taking to OT by St. Cloud or Northeastern smacked by Boston College... Maine - that was utterly disgraceful and when you are looking to be a playoff contender it cannot do anything but lessen hopes.

They will have to play better than up. I see this being a 2-3 touchdown victory for App State

3. Does UNH have a chance against Ball State if they throw for 95 yards like they did against St. Francis? St. Francis that good this year? Never count UNH out when they are playing an FBS team, but with one game out of the way, look for Ball St to be VERY prepared for this one. Ball St. by 13

I don't think Albany is as good as last year, and I do think Georgia Southern is down. That being said, I think this year will be another year of DF pointing out the ORV every week. Even though I am rooting for the Danes.
5. Has the NEC outpaced the Patriot League with the kind of players they are getting with 43 rides? Yes.

Win handily.

7. How does Indiana State lose to a NAIA school and only get beat by 20 by Louisville? The big east sucks

8. Does Lehigh have any kind of chance against Villanova? yes. anything is possible in our in state rivalries. Penn proves that year after year.

9. Will Weber St. run out of gas after playing 2 FBS schools in a row? No, but they will get some nice experience.

11. What does Delaware have this year and can they take it to Richmond? Delaware by 4. I am on a "Watch out for Delaware" kick. and I HATEEEEE Delaware.

12. Georgia Southern @ South Dakota St? Pick'm? SDSU

13. JMU @ Maryland...will we get a read on JMU's team this year against Maryland or will it be like other years...lose to an average FBS team and kick ass in FCS? Maryland by 14

14. Cal Poly...what will we have from them this year? A loss in the first round of the playoffs to Weber.

15. Central Conn looking forward to playing William & Mary after B&M just beat Virginia? They are probably pumped up. That should be long gone with 4 mins left in the 1st Q though.

Sure.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2009, 02:20 PM

St. Cloud isn't even a good or fully funded DII team, no way Maine could feel better than Northeastern who lost to a decent FBS team

App wins by 17, I don't see any possibility of 50.

They have a chance and I guess we'll find out about St. Francis when they head to the UNIdome

Albany is doing a lot with a little, they are the Minnesota Twins of the FCS, very impressed with how they operate.

I'd consider the NEC above the Patriot, but just by a hair.

The griz will travel well, struggle a bit early but eventually put UCD away. Griz by 10

I still think ISU Blue will win a game this year, they have a ton of underclassmen so I guess it isn't surprising that they are inconsistent to say the least.

NONE

Why Weber State, a good team, schedules like that is beyond me. I don't know if they will run out of gas, but it will hurt them in the end because they dug themselves into an 0-2 hole.

They have done this for a while, good game for both schools.

Delaware is my shock of the week.

Rabbits breaking in a new QB, GSU already with a game under their belt, this game will be tight. Rabbits by 1 point

I think JMU will be competitive throughout this game but I don't see anyone getting a good read on them from it. The CAA looks stocked this year and I want to see how JMU matches up with UR, UD, etc..

Lots of new pieces, but the GWFC isn't exactly filled with powerhouses, they'll be in the hunt for an at large all season.

Good question, but I don't think CCSU is good enough to take advantage of any post UVA hangover.

Furman will roll, but beating Chatty isn't exactly making a statement

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM
and I HATEEEEE Delaware.
Say, you weren't kicking for URI in 2003 were you? xeyebrowx

UNCBears2010
September 8th, 2009, 03:08 PM
10. San Diego playing Northern Colorado in a OOC game? They'll probably win too. They should try scheduling a good team though. Might help.

I wouldn't say San Diego will "probably" win. This year's Bears team is leaps and bounds better than the one San Diego saw in 2007. A win for the Toreros in Greeley would be an upset.

jmufan999
September 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
you guys are giving JMU a lot of credit. which is cool, but i'm not so sure that we keep it within 24.

a lot of question marks on this team... and surprisingly, most JMU fans i hear from are pretty realistic about it. 7-4 is my prediction for the season, but i don't see us beating Maryland. i hope i'm pleasantly surprised.

Maryland 41
JMU 14

biggie
September 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Maryland is not good though, that's got to help.

Big Al
September 8th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Why Weber State, a good team, schedules like that is beyond me. I don't know if they will run out of gas, but it will hurt them in the end because they dug themselves into an 0-2 hole.

Two reasons, budget & proximity. Weber has to take money games and there simply aren't many non-conference FCS teams in the vicinity to choose from. That said, why they don't have a continuing home & home series with SUU is beyond me. It only makes sense to develop that rivalry.