PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Biggest Game?

smallcollegefbfan
September 8th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Which game do you think is the biggest of Week 2?

Big Al
September 8th, 2009, 08:28 AM
UNI vs. USD for biggest game of the week? Must be a slow week.

McNeese and ASU are both top-tier programs, so I think this will be the game with the most at stake with regards to postseason.

dgreco
September 8th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Bryant vs. Hofstra :D

But seriously #16 vs. #2

BEAR
September 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM
UCA v. Bye U................no seriously..UC Davis v. Montana. xlolx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM
GSU vs SDSU xthumbsupx

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 08:35 AM
McNeese and ASU are both top-tier programs, so I think this will be the game with the most at stake with regards to postseason.
xconfusedx xconfusedx

UR @ UD is the only conference game on the slate. With Villanova, JMU and W&M still lurking for both UR and UD... this game is HUGE when it comes to playoff implications.

Bam
September 8th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Agreed 89Hen, conference games are key & got my vote.

DFW HOYA
September 8th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Villanova-Lehigh, for different reasons....

Big Al
September 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM
xconfusedx xconfusedx

UR @ UD is the only conference game on the slate. With Villanova, JMU and W&M still lurking for both UR and UD... this game is HUGE when it comes to playoff implications.

Yeah, but I don't think UD will win, so I don't think there will be much to consider.

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Yeah, but I don't think UD will win, so I don't think there will be much to consider.
And you think McNeese will? xconfusedx

Big Al
September 8th, 2009, 09:13 AM
And you think McNeese will? xconfusedx

I think with AE out, anything is possible. I at least expect McNeese to make a game of it.

smallcollegefbfan
September 8th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I think with AE out, anything is possible. I at least expect McNeese to make a game of it.

From what I heard Edwards is going to play this week. Unless the doctors just feel he can't go and don't clear him he is expected to play. And to be honest with Cadet I think ASU could still win that game by 20 or so. McNeese is very young and beat up right now as well.

Aho_Old_Guy
September 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM
~~~~

Georgia Southern at South Dakota State-Intersectional showdown. How good are either of these teams. SDSU in particular is getting preseason respect, but GSU has the pedigree and is on the way up. Very interesting game with postseason implications down the line

~~~~

This.

The winner could move into the Top 20. Great east-west matchup. Not to put any pressure on the Eagles but it's a good SoCon 'respect' game ...

4th and What?
September 8th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Went with GSU/SDSU. Two teams trying to prove something and should be tight. I see all the other games being one-sided wins except Albany/UMass.

With Richmond, Nova, and W&M all getting FBS wins, and App falling a little short, I think they are really going to want to prove something against McNeese. This is going to be a game that sets the tone for the first half of the season for App.

Delaware has yet to prove they are in the top 25 at all for me, and I doubt will be able to do it against Richmond. I am a little scared Richmond is going to rip through the CAA South this year, but the least of their tests will be Delaware (well, second least anyway).

andy7171
September 8th, 2009, 11:03 AM
UD v. UR

We'll find out whether Delaware is all GannonFan hype or not, very shortly.:D

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 11:11 AM
We will revisit this on Sunday. maybe

Pant8her
September 8th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I voted for Georgia Southern - SDSU

This game could easily tell us if either team will qualify for the playoffs.
While it is still early in the season, this is probably a good barometer for both the SOCON and MVFC. Both of these teams have something to prove. I look for SDSU to win a close one at home.

The next game with similar outcome is the App. St. - McNeese St. game. Again a good match up between the typical leading teams of their conferences. McNeese has to prove that they can recover and regain their roll as conference leaders. App. St. has to prove that life goes on with out AE playing. I will look for the home team to win this one.

The third game which might tell us something is the Richmond - Delaware game.
If Delaware can make a show, then I think the CAA south will have some good fireworks and outstanding games. They will become battle tested and ready for the playoffs. Delaware needs to come out and play their best to get their respectability back. I think that Richmond will not look past the Hens and should win on the road

Good luck teams

JayJ79
September 8th, 2009, 11:17 AM
From what I heard Edwards is going to play this week. Unless the doctors just feel he can't go and don't clear him he is expected to play. And to be honest with Cadet I think ASU could still win that game by 20 or so. McNeese is very young and beat up right now as well.

unless he gets in a scuffle with a weedwacker

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM
BTW, before I get too far away from my point. AppSt will be 0-0 in the SoCon and McNeese will be 0-0 in the Southland after Saturday. Either UR or UD will be 0-1 with Villanova (2), W&M (6) and JMU (8) to go. xpeacex

GSUhooligan
September 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM
but the least of their tests will be Delaware (well, second least anyway).

You had it right, Delaware will be the least of their "tests," Towson is just busy work.

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2009, 03:02 PM
GSU vs SDSU xthumbsupx

Agreed. Very interesting and potentially important matchup, come playoff time.

wideright82
September 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM
You had it right, Delaware will be the least of their "tests," Towson is just busy work.

The hardest part about the towson game will be the bus ride there and back. xlolx

Thumper 76
September 8th, 2009, 03:44 PM
GSU vs SDSU not because of a homer pic but because theres a really good chance that we know whose winning the other two games people are talking about. Id think that the game of the week should be a good matchup, not just two big name teams from your conference.

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Which game do you think is the biggest of Week 2?

Already had a Week 2 Game of the Week poll:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63210

xrolleyesx

coover
September 8th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I've voted for the Richmond game, but the game I'm really interested in is Davis - Montana. Montana will actually be playing a real FCS team ... that will give us good information on what they have, and the Davis game last week against Fresno State, which was 35 - 0 at halftime, and ended up 51 - 0, will show us if Davis has the offense they were supposed to have. But if it's another blowout, Davis is in for a long season.

I expect Montana to win this game whether or not Davis is for real. But if Davis keeps it close, they'll be fine this year and Montana fans will have much disappointment this year.

UNI Pike
September 8th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I voted for SDSU vs GSU mostly for my MVFC interest. I love that there are so many big match-ups between contenders early in the season. It will quickly give insight to which games are going to be pivotal in conference play. That said, I will try to sneak a look at App vs NcNeese.

Does anyone think that it would be worth a 2 hour drive to see the Montana UCD game - will it be competitve?