View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Two

TexasTerror
September 7th, 2009, 08:25 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 7-1 (0-0 SLC)
Total: 93-37 (33-22 SLC)

Union College @ Southeastern Louisiana - The mighty Lions looked good against Texas A&M-Commerce. I have a hard time believing tht Union is better than TAMU-C. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Duquesne @ Nicholls State - What's the temperature at Guidry on Saturday? A loss here would be a setback to the SLC and Nicholls. Here's hoping the Colonels can turn it around and this rare match-up against a team from the NEC. NICHOLLS STATE

McNeese @ Appalachian State - Is Armanti back? If he is, I see the defense of the Cowboys really having a hard time keeping up with the Appy offense, especially in Boone, where the Mountaineer faithful will pack the Rock. APPALACHIAN STATE

North Dakota State @ Sam Houston State - Is one more week going to help Joseph here? The running game is proficient, but if we're looking at allowing the Bison to score some points, I'm not certain the turnover prone Kats are ready to keep up. NORTH DAKOTA STATE

Texas College @ Stephen F. Austin - Do we need to bother? STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

** GAME OF THE WEEK **

Northwestern State @ Grambling - Sorry McNeese/Appalachian. This is the 'Game of the Week' in my books. The Demons want to make a statement here and a Grambling win would be large for their national spot in the football ranks, plus the sluggish SWAC, which is not a strong OOC conference (see UAPB). Some bulletin board material after a Demons radio guy slipped up and we have a barn-burner! NORTHWESTERN STATE

McNeese75
September 7th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Southeastern
Nicholls ( I hope)
App State (I hope differently but based on the results from last week probably not)
NDSU (They have ruled the SLC so far but hopefully I am wrong)
SFA
Northwestern State (If they lose this one, there is definitly a chink in the Peveto armour)
Tx State & ASU (both kick the hell out of Open)

NSUDemon98
September 7th, 2009, 10:16 AM
TT's Predictions

Union College @ Southeastern Louisiana - The mighty Lions looked good against Texas A&M-Commerce. I have a hard time believing tht Union is better than TAMU-C. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Duquesne @ Nicholls State - What's the temperature at Guidry on Saturday? A loss here would be a setback to the SLC and Nicholls. Here's hoping the Colonels can turn it around and this rare match-up against a team from the NEC. NICHOLLS STATE

McNeese @ Appalachian State - Is Armanti back? If he is, I see the defense of the Cowboys really having a hard time keeping up with the Appy offense, especially in Boone, where the Mountaineer faithful will pack the Rock. APPALACHIAN STATE

North Dakota State @ Sam Houston State - Is one more week going to help Joseph here? The running game is proficient, but if we're looking at allowing the Bison to score some points, I'm not certain the turnover prone Kats are ready to keep up. NORTH DAKOTA STATE

** GAME OF THE WEEK **

Northwestern State @ Grambling - Sorry McNeese/Appalachian. This is the 'Game of the Week' in my books. The Demons want to make a statement here and a Grambling win would be large for their national spot in the football ranks, plus the sluggish SWAC, which is not a strong OOC conference (see UAPB). Some bulletin board material after a Demons radio guy slipped up and we have a barn-burner! NORTHWESTERN STATE

SLU over Union
Nicholls over Duquesne
App over McNeese
NSU over Grambling - Yes, if we lose this one there is reason for concern.
NDSU over SHSU - Having seen what NDSU did to NSU twice a few years ago SHSU better bring it.
SFA over Texas College - Probably a 75 - something affair.

McNeese75
September 7th, 2009, 10:27 AM
TT's Predictions

** GAME OF THE WEEK **

xrolleyesx xlolxxcoffeex

GeauxLions94
September 7th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Union College @ Southeastern Louisiana - Must see Thursday at the Berry! Southeastern opened with a 41-7 win over A&M-Commerce - its biggest season-opening win in 53 years and nearly got its first shutout since 1984 (remember, this program was frozen for 18 years, throw me a friggin bone here! xwhistlex) ... Union College is no slouch as they are ranked No. 10 in the NAIA National poll and scored 57 in their first contest ... Brian Babin put up great numbers and the defense was all over the place, except for one play that led to TAM-C's only score. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Duquesne @ Nicholls State - The Colonels will look to forget about last week's game at Air Force (Wow! Didn't see a 72-point beatdown coming) ... Duquesne will hang around for a while before Nicholls treats the home folks to a win. NICHOLLS

McNeese @ Appalachian State - What looked like a great OOC contest when the contract was signed fizzled tremendously when the McHome team nearly lost to DII Henderson State. The Armanti-less Mountaineers nearly came back on FBS East Carolina and ASU should be back at full strength in its home opener with their leader back under center (will someone please cut his grass this week). APPY STATE

North Dakota State @ Sam Houston State - Both teams look to get in the win column after losses in week 1. NDSU has had its way with Southland teams in the past and after watching the Kats get carved up by one MVFC team, look for more of the same. NORTH DAKOTA STATE

Texas College @ Stephen F. Austin - This game will be over when ..... OK, this game is already over. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Northwestern State @ Grambling - Both teams suffered losses last week and will be ready to even their record in a great in-state rivalry. Demons pulled away late and took last year's game in Natchitoches and this year's contest should be no exception. This one could go either way, but will take the road team in a close one. NORTHWESTERN STATE

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 7th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Union College @ Southeastern Louisiana--Lions showed some promise last week--maybe this is the year they finally become the darkhorse!!! But I have SELA in a SQUEAKER against a pesky Union team. SELA 63-7.

Duquesne @ Nicholls State--Oh, Nicholls. You better not lose this game...cuz you may just go winless *knock on wood we are able to beat them* Nicholls 28-13

McNeese @ Appalachian State--I would really like the Cowboys to win. Can you imagine App St. starting off 0-2!? wow...well, I can't. App St. 56-20

North Dakota State @ Sam Houston State--Toss up. Maybe SHSU will hire me as their OC and just hand the ball to the RBs the whole game and control the clock. But since they didn't listen to me (or anyone else with a brain) last week when they reached the one....Bison 31-30

Texas College @ Stephen F. Austin--is SFA pretty good this year? Certainly exceeded my expectations last week. SFA 70-7

Northwestern State @ Grambling--This will be a great game. Grambling looked pretty good in their comeback attempt vs. South Carolina St. and well, NW St. played one of the best offenses in the country and held them to 41 first half points. WE CANNOT LOSE TO THE SWAC, right? NW St. in a dogfight 42-37

TexasTerror
September 7th, 2009, 11:49 AM
xrolleyesx xlolxxcoffeex

Sorry McN75 - just think the game has lost it's luster based on your results against Henderson State. If this was a very strong McNeese team going to Appy, it'd be without question the game of the week...

I think NWST vs Grambling means more for both teams and was a significant game regardless of record, heading in...

McNeese75
September 7th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Sorry McN75 - just think the game has lost it's luster based on your results against Henderson State. If this was a very strong McNeese team going to Appy, it'd be without question the game of the week...

I think NWST vs Grambling means more for both teams and was a significant game regardless of record, heading in...

Sorry, i just don't agree with you. This game means just as much to MSU and ASU fans. The only significat thing I see in the NWST - GRAM game is the monkey on the Demon's back to continue the SLC winning ways over the SWAC. (And keep the Peveto rush going)

El Gato
September 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Union College @ Southeastern Louisiana - Union College comes in ranked at No. 10...in the NAIA. Considering the beat down that SELA put on a ranked Div II foe, I don't think the Lions will have trouble with this one. SELA by 35.

Duquesne @ Nicholls State - The Dukes barely squeaked out a win last week against Patriot League opponent Bucknell (picked to finish 6th out of 7 in Patriot League preseason polls) last week. While The Colonels didn't amount to much against Air Force, I think homefield advantage will play into the Colonels hand. NSU by 10.

McNeese @ Appalachian State - Initially this looked to be a great game. I still haven't put much stock into McNeese's Top 20 ranking the past 2 weeks, but that is not to say that this match up has the potential to be a great game. While I'm sure the Cowboys will regroup and put out more of an effort for such a nationally recognized team, I still don't think they are a match for The Mountaineers. Even without Armanti Edwards, there is a reason why this team is ranked in the Top 5. Appy State by 17, more if AE is in.

North Dakota State @ Sam Houston State - Another home game for the Bearkats, and another quality opponent as well. The Bison played an impressive game against FBS opponent Iowa State despite coming out on the short end of that contest. James Aston will be a thorn to be dealt with, but we'll see if Blake Joseph is ready to lead his team to victory. I say no, NDSU by 13

Texas College @ Stephen F. Austin - Another NAIA opponent for the SLC, and another W for the SLC. Jeremy Moses will have a field day. SFA by 35.

Northwestern State @ Grambling - I agree that this may be the Game of the Week for the SLC, simply because of McNeese's performance last week. I just think that this game has the potential to be more competitive than the potential thrashing McNeese may receive. Grambling is coming off a 2008 SWAC and a Black College National Championship but fell last week to MEAC Preseason No. 1 South Carolina. The SWAC isn't exactly a power conference but that is not to say Grambling should be a pushover either. I am going to go ahead and go against the grain here and say that Grambling will pull it off in a nailbiter. Could go either way, and I should say most likely the Demons way but I'm going to go with Grambling by 3.

katstrapper
September 7th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Union College @ Southeastern Louisiana - Union College comes in ranked at No. 10...in the NAIA. Considering the beat down that SELA put on a ranked Div II foe, I don't think the Lions will have trouble with this one. SELA by 35.

Duquesne @ Nicholls State - The Dukes barely squeaked out a win last week against Patriot League opponent Bucknell (picked to finish 6th out of 7 in Patriot League preseason polls) last week. While The Colonels didn't amount to much against Air Force, I think homefield advantage will play into the Colonels hand. NSU by 10.

McNeese @ Appalachian State - Initially this looked to be a great game. I still haven't put much stock into McNeese's Top 20 ranking the past 2 weeks, but that is not to say that this match up has the potential to be a great game. While I'm sure the Cowboys will regroup and put out more of an effort for such a nationally recognized team, I still don't think they are a match for The Mountaineers. Even without Armanti Edwards, there is a reason why this team is ranked in the Top 5. Appy State by 17, more if AE is in.

North Dakota State @ Sam Houston State - Another home game for the Bearkats, and another quality opponent as well. The Bison played an impressive game against FBS opponent Iowa State despite coming out on the short end of that contest. James Aston will be a thorn to be dealt with, but we'll see if Blake Joseph is ready to lead his team to victory. I say no, NDSU by 13

Texas College @ Stephen F. Austin - Another NAIA opponent for the SLC, and another W for the SLC. Jeremy Moses will have a field day. SFA by 35.

Northwestern State @ Grambling - I agree that this may be the Game of the Week for the SLC, simply because of McNeese's performance last week. I just think that this game has the potential to be more competitive than the potential thrashing McNeese may receive. Grambling is coming off a 2008 SWAC and a Black College National Championship but fell last week to MEAC Preseason No. 1 South Carolina. The SWAC isn't exactly a power conference but that is not to say Grambling should be a pushover either. I am going to go ahead and go against the grain here and say that Grambling will pull it off in a nailbiter. Could go either way, and I should say most likely the Demons way but I'm going to go with Grambling by 3.

Not a good week for SLC IMO....

SELA - Should win this game at home.

SFA-- Jeremy Moses and Co should move ball at will.

Duquesne--Poor showing by Colonels and I just dont see them having much at all.

Appy State--Pokes may have been looking past Henderson St to this game, but squeaked one out in 4th quarter. Mountaineers too much.

Grambling-- NW St poor showing in Houston may not help here. Peveto better make good on a win here or they could be giving back some serious refunds soon.

NDSU--Kats gave up 500yds offense last week..300+ yds through the air, but a run dominant team. NDSU will come in throwing the ball at will. A weak secondary and no push upfront results in a long day for Whitten..

Dallas Demon
September 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM
SLU over Union
Nicholls over Duquesne
App over McNeese
NSU over Grambling
NDSU over SHSU
SFA over Texas College

RabidRabbit
September 7th, 2009, 05:53 PM
SLU over Union
Nicholls over Duquesne
App over McNeese
NSU over Grambling
NDSU over SHSU
SFA over Texas College

By Jove! I think he picked em xsmiley_wix

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Duquesne--Poor showing by Colonels and I just dont see them having much at all.

Curious why you really think Duquesne comes down and beats the Colonels...sure Nicholls took one to the chin last week, but this is at home, against what amounts to a Div II squad (under a Div I umbrella).

TheBisonator
September 8th, 2009, 06:38 PM
You guys made me scared as hell by unanimously picking NDSU to beat Sam Houston. I really hope this doesn't mean we'll lay a big fat stinky turd on the field in Huntsville on Saturday.

Dallas Demon
September 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM
You guys made me scared as hell by unanimously picking NDSU to beat Sam Houston. I really hope this doesn't mean we'll lay a big fat stinky turd on the field in Huntsville on Saturday.

Nobody in the Southland has figured out how to beat NDSU, plus I think Sam Houston will struggle a bit this year.

msusig
September 8th, 2009, 11:02 PM
SLU over Union
Nicholls over Duquesne
McNeese over ASU (Pending McNeese doesn't have so many mistakes & penalties. Don't know where our coach was last week hoping that's all fixed this week.)
NSU over Grambling
SHSU over NDSU
SFA over Texas College

Geaux figure I'm pulling for the SLC teams to win. Good luck to all SLC teams.

GeauxLions94
September 8th, 2009, 11:13 PM
McNeese over ASU (Pending McNeese doesn't have so many mistakes & penalties. Don't know where our coach was last week hoping that's all fixed this week.)

Hate to say it, though I would like to see a McNeese win, but the only way that's going to happen is if Armanti mows over his other foot. xrotatehx

NSUDemon98
September 9th, 2009, 07:01 AM

I picked you guys because I still remember the last two times we played each other...one of those years we had a pretty good team that ended up winning the SLC later that season.

I recall that first game up in Fargo we took our first drive and went down the field like there wasn't a defensive on the field and it APPEARED that we were gonna have a pretty easy time...but then a couple costly errors reinvigorated the Bison and it was on like Donkey Dong after that. xlolx

McNeese75
September 9th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Hate to say it, though I would like to see a McNeese win, but the only way that's going to happen is if Armanti mows over his other foot. xrotatehx

xlolx

crossfire07
September 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM
SLU over Union
Nicholls over Duquesne
McNeese squeeks by APP
NSU blows out Grambling
NDSU over SHSU
SFA over Texas College

yep, I went against the grain. I think there is an upset in the making. After the Cowboys poor performance for 3 qtr's last week, I think they are going to come out with something to prove and nothing motivates players better than playing the best.
TT, no offense but the NSU Grambling game should not be much of a game much less game of the week. after all these past "top recruiting classes" NSU has been having and the Peveto hype, NSU should win overwhelmingly. even Stoker was able to win by 12 last year.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Does anybody know if the NSU/Grambling game is on TV at all?

NSUDemon98
September 9th, 2009, 08:03 PM

Trying to get a look at the Demons? xcoolx

Unfortunately, the game is not televised. It was last year.

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2009, 09:04 PM

If it were at an SLC stadium, it would be on SLC Now/SLC TV.

Unfortunately, not even web streaming since Grambling does not have it.

GeauxColonels
September 10th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Southeastern Louisiana over Union College
Nicholls State over Duquesne
Appalachian State over McNeese State
Northwestern State over Grambling State
North Dakota State over Sam Houston State
Stephen F. Austin over Texas College

BEAR
September 10th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Appalachian State over McNeese State
Northwestern State over Grambling State
North Dakota State over Sam Houston State

These are my picks too.

Plus UCA over Bye U. xlolx

crossfire07
September 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM
MSUSIG and I were the only ones that picked McNeese to win. so much for the blowout scores that were predicted.

Dallas Demon
September 12th, 2009, 07:47 PM
MSUSIG and I were the only ones that picked McNeese to win. so much for the blowout scores that were predicted.

Quite a shocker. If the Demons and Bearkats can continue, this will be a banner week for the SLC.

TexasTerror
September 12th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Quite a shocker. If the Demons and Bearkats can continue, this will be a banner week for the SLC.

And don't forget Nicholls beating Dusequsne! Hey - that's FOUR Div I conferences, FOUR wins. xnodx

Hoping for the best - GEAUX DEMONS, GEAUX KATS!

BEAR
September 12th, 2009, 08:11 PM

Congrats. Here's your cookie. xwhistlexxlolx

crossfire07
September 12th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Congrats. Here's your cookie. xwhistlexxlolx

where's MSUSIG's? lol

I think Peveto needs a cookie right now more than I do.

Dallas Demon
September 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM
where's MSUSIG's? lol

I need the cookie, it is called stress eating. Wish I had some chocolate or ice cream too.xbawlingx

TexasTerror
September 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Ouch! A 3-3 week!?!? Are you freaking kidding me. Heck, we'll take it - great job SHSU and McN on proving me wrong...

TT's Predictions
2009 Record: 10-4 (0-0 SLC)
Total: 96-40 (33-22 SLC)

crossfire07
September 12th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I am very suprised with the NSU Grambling score.

BEAR
September 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I am very suprised with the NSU Grambling score.

No doubt. xeekx I was even more surprised with the McNeese - APP score! I thought APP would win that one after watching McNeese last year and hearing about them this year. xeekx

GeauxLions94
September 12th, 2009, 10:06 PM
McNeese @ Appalachian State - What looked like a great OOC contest when the contract was signed fizzled tremendously when the McHome team nearly lost to DII Henderson State. The Armanti-less Mountaineers nearly came back on FBS East Carolina and ASU should be back at full strength in its home opener with their leader back under center (will someone please cut his grass this week). APPY STATE

Will be glad to eat McCrow on this one. Nice job Cowboys. xthumbsupx

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/images/blogimages/2009/04/24/1240605367-eating_crow.jpg

LIONFAN85
September 12th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Great win Pokes. I didn't know what to think about your team after week 1, but very impressive today. I predict you guys to be 4-0 heading into conference because I feel you will handle Tulane.

msusig
September 12th, 2009, 11:43 PM
where's MSUSIG's? lol

Just finished celebrating. What a game.

TheBisonator
September 12th, 2009, 11:46 PM

I said this.

El Gato
September 12th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Union College @ Southeastern Louisiana-SELA by 35./Actual:SELA by 49

Duquesne @ Nicholls State-NSU by 10/Actual:NSU by 7 (close on the point spread)

McNeese @ Appalachian State-Appy State by 17/Actual: MSU by 5 (Didn't see that one coming)

North Dakota State @ Sam Houston State-NDSU by 13/Actual: SHSU by 3 (Again, missed that one)

Texas College @ Stephen F. Austin-SFA by 35/Actual: SFA by 92! (Knew it would be a blow out, but by nearly 100 points is unreal)

Northwestern State @ Grambling-Grambling by 3/Actual: Grambling by 21.(Had the right team, just didn't figure on the point spread being that much)

Week 1: 7-1
Week 2: 4-2

Overall: 11-3

BEAR
September 13th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Appalachian State over McNeese State OOPS
Northwestern State over Grambling State OOPS
North Dakota State over Sam Houston State OOPS

7-1 last week
3-3 This week
10-4 overall

NSUDemon98
September 13th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Ouch! A 3-3 week!?!? Are you freaking kidding me. Heck, we'll take it - great job SHSU and McN on proving me wrong...

TT's Predictions
2009 Record: 10-4 (0-0 SLC)
Total: 96-40 (33-22 SLC)

I was at the NSU-Grambling game...we have MAJOR issues at QB.

You know you're bad when you're QB throws two INTs to defensive ends and they run them in for TDs.

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 13th, 2009, 12:32 AM

You know you're bad when you're QB throws two INTs to defensive ends and they run them in for TDs.

xoopsxxoopsxxoopsx

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM
3-3 Week
11-3 Overall so far.

MACHIAVELLI
September 14th, 2009, 03:12 PM

The Defensive end is Christian Anthony. He is a game changer.

MACHIAVELLI
September 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM
If it were at an SLC stadium, it would be on SLC Now/SLC TV.

Unfortunately, not even web streaming since Grambling does not have it.

Wrong again TeeTee

http://www.niftytv.com/gsutv/

Feel free to watch it over and over and over again.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Wrong again TeeTee

http://www.niftytv.com/gsutv/

Feel free to watch it over and over and over again.

Yep, I was wrong (hey - I can admit it!)...you guys publicized it late...what were we supposed to expect?

Will Grambling web stream other live events in the future? Would be nice to have another avenue to catch college sports action. Wasn't UAPB one of the first Div I schools to web stream? And now everyone else does it for the most part.

MACHIAVELLI
September 14th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Yep, I was wrong (hey - I can admit it!)...you guys publicized it late...what were we supposed to expect?

Will Grambling web stream other live events in the future? Would be nice to have another avenue to catch college sports action. Wasn't UAPB one of the first Div I schools to web stream? And now everyone else does it for the most part.

I don't know. As far I know all home football games.

UAPB was one of the first that I know of to webstream. What they did was groundbreaking. I don't know if they were the first, but they were the first I had heard of.

McNeese72
September 14th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I don't know. As far I know all home football games.

UAPB was one of the first that I know of to webstream. What they did was groundbreaking. I don't know if they were the first, but they were the first I had heard of.

Back in the mid-90's (in the FrontRowSports era) we had a couple of tech guys that were putting up pictures on the web during the game. And they wanted to try streaming video of the games, but our non-progressive (at that time) administration shot them down. I think one of them eventually quit over it. If it would have happened and it would have worked, we would have been one of the first, if not the first, to have streaming video of the game.

Doc

MACHIAVELLI
September 14th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Take a look.
http://www.facebook.com/v/523394037980

MACHIAVELLI
September 15th, 2009, 12:10 AM

Take a look.

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Back in the mid-90's (in the FrontRowSports era) we had a couple of tech guys that were putting up pictures on the web during the game. And they wanted to try streaming video of the games, but our non-progressive (at that time) administration shot them down. I think one of them eventually quit over it. If it would have happened and it would have worked, we would have been one of the first, if not the first, to have streaming video of the game.

Doc

Didn't you quit about that time? xcoolx

NSUDemon98
September 15th, 2009, 10:00 AM

Take a look.

Like I said, I was at the game...talented as he is/may be...those throws were god awful. The strip on our player WAS a good play.

If he is such a gamer and had so much to do with making the INTs we should expect many more throughout the season, right?

crossfire07
September 17th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Just finished celebrating. What a game.

Indeed it was.Congrats on picking the upset.

Dallas Demon
September 18th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Like I said, I was at the game...talented as he is/may be...those throws were god awful. The strip on our player WAS a good play.

If he is such a gamer and had so much to do with making the INTs we should expect many more throughout the season, right?

Okay, as a referee I need to cry foul here. Logic has no place on this board. xnonox

MACHIAVELLI
September 20th, 2009, 11:28 AM

You are correct.
Christian Anthony (DE) picks off another pass and runs 30 yards for a TD against Jackson State.

He almost had another one. He batted the ball from the QB, it popped up and the QB caught it and Christian tackled him for a loss.

Three picks all resulting in TD's , two by him the other he pitched back when he could have done it himself. 1 fumble strip almost returned for a TD. He is a difference maker.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m201/wearingsa/Grambling/Ford1armtkl.gif

MACHIAVELLI
September 20th, 2009, 12:08 PM

You are correct.
versus Jackson St.
With 1:17 remaining in the first quarter Christian Anthony intercepted a Dedric McDonald pass and returned it 40 yards to make the score 11-0.

He almost had another one. He batted the ball from the QB, it popped up and the QB caught it and Christian tackled him for a loss.

Three picks all resulting in TD's , two by him the other he pitched back when he could have done it himself. 1 fumble strip almost returned for a TD. He is a difference maker.

mikebigg
September 29th, 2009, 08:17 AM
You are correct.
versus Jackson St.
With 1:17 remaining in the first quarter Christian Anthony intercepted a Dedric McDonald pass and returned it 40 yards to make the score 11-0.

And to show how legit he is...he had 12 tackles (11 solo) and a forced fumble against Oklahoma State.

TexasTerror
September 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM
And to show how legit he is...he had 12 tackles (11 solo) and a forced fumble against Oklahoma State.

And it did not warrant even an honorable mention accolade from the SWAC? I'm guessing most thought that Okie State was on the field so long, it'd be hard not to get 12 tackles if you were the best player on the opposing defense...

mikebigg
September 29th, 2009, 08:25 AM
And it did not warrant even an honorable mention accolade from the SWAC? I'm guessing most thought that Okie State was on the field so long, it'd be hard not to get 12 tackles if you were the best player on the opposing defense...

You would be guessing wrong... The link below gives a listing of the plays and time of the game. These were not tackles made by a db on a pass caught in front of him, these tackles were made at the line of scrimmage as noted by the "no gain" designation.

http://www.swac.org/sports/m-footbl/stats/2009-2010/gsu926.html

Robinson,Zac pass complete to Anyiam,Hubert for 19 yards to the GSU31, 1ST DOWN OKLAST (Anthony,Christian)

Robinson,Zac rush for no gain to the GSU42 (Anthony,Christi).

Toston,Keith rush for no gain to the GSU24 (Anthony,Christi).

Robinson,Zac rush for 1 yard to the OKLAST43 (Anthony,Christi).

Johnson,Beau rush for 1 yard to the GSU40 (Anthony,Christi).

Cate,Alex rush for 4 yards to the GSU39, fumble forced by Anthony,Christi

Miller,Travis rush for no gain to the GSU39 (Anthony,Christi).

Smith,Jeremy rush for no gain to the OKLAST43 (Anthony,Christi).

Smith,Jeremy rush for 1 yard to the GSU19 (Spencer,Jhrron;Anthony,Christi).

Smith,Jeremy rush for 2 yards to the OKLAST18 (Anthony,Christi).

Smith,Jeremy rush for 2 yards to the OKLAST20 (Anthony,Christi

Smith,Jeremy rush for 3 yards to the GSU23 (Anthony,Christi).

TexasTerror
September 29th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Well...maybe Grambling did not nominate him if he did not get honorable mention...

mikebigg
September 29th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Well...maybe Grambling did not nominate him if he did not get honorable mention...

Nope...he was nominated and he did get honorable mention.