PDA

View Full Version : Question for CCSU fans.

Tribe4SF
September 7th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Can you guys give a description of the option offense CCSU runs? From what I gather, it's usually a two-back set with the QB, with two wideouts and a TE. Do they set up with three backs sometimes and run stuff similar to the old Georgia Southern/Rhode Island option, or is it mostly from the more conventional two-back set? Mostly shotgun, or some under center?

ngineer
September 7th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Can you guys give a description of the option offense CCSU runs? From what I gather, it's usually a two-back set with the QB, with two wideouts and a TE. Do they set up with three backs sometimes and run stuff similar to the old Georgia Southern/Rhode Island option, or is it mostly from the more conventional two-back set? Mostly shotgun, or some under center?

I was at the CCSU game with Lehigh and most of their sets were 'conventional'. No 'wishbone' type of backfield. Majority of the time ran out of shotgun. Very effective in running the option. TB very quick and fast, though not very big. Not sure why LU wasn't more aggressive in attacking the QB. IMO the best way to defend the option is to force the QB to pitch early (and at times cause a fumble). Gives your following LBs more time to get after the RB.

aceinthehole
September 7th, 2009, 09:36 AM
As he said, CCSU runs some standard sets, but we switch up the personnel. We may have 2 QBs in the backfield (one as a RB) with a TE, 3 wide. Mostly shotgun.

We will try to establish the run early, and then try to mix it up from there. If we can get a lead we will try to grind it out. We have a few horses in the stable. I'll be honest, we are not a "fun" team to watch, but at some point the other team wonders how many times can we keep going to the well with certain plays. Then we either break one or suprise you.

I'm looking forward to this game, but I'm not too optomistic even after our win.

Uncle Buck
September 7th, 2009, 09:53 AM
This is definitely a great opportunity for CCSU to step up and win a big one. Great performance at Lehigh, W&M coming off a HUGE win at Virginia. Maybe W&M overlooks CCSU in light of their big win at Virginia and stumbles.

I'm very interested to see how this one goes, W&M sounds impressive.

Seawolf97
September 7th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Hoping the Blue Devils pull this one off. W & M is just a little tougher than Lehigh.

NFLCB2
September 7th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I hope W&M is ready to tackle.