PDA

View Full Version : McNeese State vs. App State Prediction

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Not sure if a thread exists for this topic. Would love to see some predictions/thoughts on the game.

I say 42-28 App State
xsmiley_wix

DG Cowboy
September 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Well, I watched McNeese last night, and if we don't play significantly better, App State could play Edwards with the lawnmower duct-taped to his foot and it will still be a long afternoon. Senseless penalties. No defense for 2 1/2 quarters. A one-dimensional offense until the 3rd quarter. But I have faith that we will turn it around and give a decent account of ourselves in Boone.

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Well, I watched McNeese last night, and if we don't play significantly better, App State could play Edwards with the lawnmower duct-taped to his foot and it will still be a long afternoon. Senseless penalties. No defense for 2 1/2 quarters. A one-dimensional offense until the 3rd quarter. But I have faith that we will turn it around and give a decent account of ourselves in Boone.

Didn't you guys rest a lot of players on defense? If we play like 2nd half ECU game I think it may be a long afternoon for you....if we play like the first quarter ECU game it may be a long afternoon for us....

Looking forward to it though

KiddBrewer
September 6th, 2009, 08:42 PM
49-17 ASU

i just got a feeling our offense is going to be RED HOT next weekend, i dont think it matters who we play really.....i gotta admit, i ALMOST got a bit emotional at the end of the game saturday when the team came to the side of the stadium to acknowledge the App fans who were still applauding their efforts...i think our team is going to be super jacked up to see that stadium packed full next saturday, and that alone may be too much for a McNesse team who i think will end up having a very good season.

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM
49-17 ASU

i just got a feeling our offense is going to be RED HOT next weekend, i dont think it matters who we play really.....i gotta admit, i ALMOST got a bit emotional at the end of the game saturday when the team came to the side of the stadium to acknowledge the App fans who were still applauding their efforts...i think our team is going to be super jacked up to see that stadium packed full next saturday, and that alone may be too much for a McNesse team who i think will end up having a very good season.

I think you are right on.....the D should have some confidence against the run and I image we see a heavy dose of it from the Cowboys....

Reign of Terrier
September 6th, 2009, 08:52 PM
42-18

Appy

B&G
September 6th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I dare say Pendland is a better RB than any of the guys ECU threw at us. McNeese will regroup from a poor performance but I think this has the making of a special season for ASU.

App 38-21

LacesOut
September 6th, 2009, 08:53 PM
App in a blowout.

38 - 13

KiddBrewer
September 6th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I dare say Pendland is a better RB than any of the guys ECU threw at us. McNeese will regroup from a poor performance but I think this has the making of a special season for ASU.

App 38-21

i think youre dead on about Pendland. And I also have a crazy feeling that it's going to be an awesome year to be a Mountaineer! I feel really good about the way things turned out in Greenville. To show enough heart to have a chance to win on the final drive with the way that thing started, i think its going to be a tough road for anyone against the Apps the rest of this season!xnodx

PantherRob82
September 6th, 2009, 09:04 PM
42-17 App

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 09:20 PM
42-17 App

I know you have heard this a 1000 times but I was pulling for UNI and sorry for the loss...you guys will go far this year and it could be a 05 rematch if App gets it done this year...

McNeeseState311
September 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
49-17 ASU

I think McNeese will show some improvement but I got 35-24 Appy. I just don't thin we have the defensive line to compete.

SideLine Shooter
September 6th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I don't think App will show much of the playbook yet. Just my opinion.

App St - 34
McNeese St - 21

DX Man
September 6th, 2009, 11:10 PM
ASU 42

MSU 17

I know McNeese will bring their "A" game, but so does everyone against App. The speed and conditioning of the App players will wear down the Cowboys who are not used to the thin mountain air.

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
^^^ it really isn't all that thin.........try spending a year above 8,000 plus and you will get my drift..... or air that I speak of ;)

McNeese75
September 6th, 2009, 11:16 PM
ASU 42

MSU 17

I know McNeese will bring their "A" game, but so does everyone against App. The speed and conditioning of the App players will wear down the Cowboys who are not used to the thin mountain air.

I am not sure how much 3200 feet of elevation will affect the team (although that is about 3190 higher than they are used to xlolx) I don't remember the team having an issue with altitude in Missoula which is comparable but Cedar City, Ut was another story.

I won't predict a score here but only hope the Cowboys play well and it is a good game.

BEAR
September 6th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Last year McNeese's Pendland has 17 carries for 110 net yards against UCA. Averaged 6.5 per carry. Not bad! He also had 3 catches for 17 yards..about 6 per there too. He's a weapon but if McNeese plays like they did ending last year and beginning this year: APP 35 McNeese 21xrolleyesx

BullDog85
September 6th, 2009, 11:23 PM
BBQ @ The Rock, All-U-Can Eat Horse Meat!

As much as I would love to see the Mountain Hicks get roped and tied like steers at the rodeo, I'm afraid the only roping that's going to happen in this game will be the Cowpokes slapping their horsies to get off The Rock before their roped and BBQ for the after game hillbilly celebrations. 45-14. xnodx

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 11:36 PM
BBQ @ The Rock, All-U-Can Eat Horse Meat!

As much as I would love to see the Mountain Hicks get roped and tied like steers at the rodeo, I'm afraid the only roping that's going to happen in this game will be the Cowpokes slapping their horsies to get off The Rock before their roped and BBQ for the after game hillbilly celebrations. 45-14. xnodx

classy....
xlolx

MSU_77
September 7th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I won't predict a score, but if our running game is not up to par it will be a long day for the 'boys.

McNeese72
September 7th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I am not sure how much 3200 feet of elevation will affect the team (although that is about 3190 higher than they are used to xlolx)

Actually, it might be about 3200 feet of difference in elevation since we play in "The Hole". I've always wondered what the elevation of the field in "The Hole" was in relation to sea level.

No score prediction but I got this feeling that it might be a bad day for the Pokes at "The Rock".

Doc

JohnStOnge
September 7th, 2009, 06:23 AM
ASU 42

MSU 17

I think McNeese will match up well with App State speed wise. The concern is over what's going to happen on the line of scrimmage both ways. I'm hoping that the problem for McNeese's O line was mostly mental...related to having four new starters...and that they can miraculously avoid the problems they had against Henderson State during this game. On defense I'm hoping 1) most or all of the players that sat out last week play this weekend at near 100% and 2) "small but quick/fast" matches up better against App State than it did against Henderson State's large offensive line.

If I were going to predict a score, it'd be one reflecting an App State blowout. But I'll just hope for a scenario that appears unlikely given the two teams' performances in their openers.

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Based on what I saw, I'll make a prediction:

It's gonna be a LONG afternoon for us....

Offensively, I think we'll be okay. I'm not too worried about the O-Line performance since we didn't open the playbook up very wide on Saturday. However, that could be a result of not having the horsepower up front to do much, I dunno. I'd like to think that Matt was just being conservative.

I think we'll score somewhere between 28 and 35 points, but I just don't think it'll be enough, because I'm not sure we can stop anybody, particularly App State.

It'll start off like a track meet, but App State will hold us to some 3-and-outs periodically. Conversely, we'll only be able to hold App State when we're on offense ;)

52-28, App State.

BarefootApp
September 7th, 2009, 08:07 AM
My guess: 35-17 ASU. AE doesn't play. New/old stadium is the star of this one.

smallcollegefbfan
September 7th, 2009, 08:30 AM
My guess: 35-17 ASU. AE doesn't play. New/old stadium is the star of this one.

Edwards told some media people at the ECU game that we would be playing this week. I don't think he should though. Cadet proved to be good and I would like to see how he would do as the starter but if AE is 100% I think you have to play him. This is his team and he is trying to win a 2nd Payton Award so unless he is too hurt to play you know he is going to be out there.

Saint3333
September 7th, 2009, 08:41 AM
AE needs to get his timing back as well, remember he didn't play in spring ball and the lawn mower incident happened before fall camp. Other than player led training during the summer AE hasn't had snaps since last December. I'd like to get AE some snaps this weekend.

buckp
September 7th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I'm looking forward to McNeese' next win....xnodx

....Savannah State. :o

McTailGator
September 7th, 2009, 09:29 AM
As much as I hate to say it.

Cowboys in for a long year with no defensive front.

App. st. 46
Pokes - 14

BEAR
September 7th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Wow! xeekx APP fans should be very happy this year! When McNeese fans are predicting a loss....you know the universe is off balance...there's a disturbance in the force...xlolx Sounds like APP can rest AE for this one..xnodxxlolx

Mountaineer#96
September 7th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Wow! xeekx APP fans should be very happy this year! When McNeese fans are predicting a loss....you know the universe is off balance...there's a disturbance in the force...xlolx Sounds like APP can rest AE for this one..xnodxxlolx

I don't want to get too cocky just yet.......MSU will be coming up the mountain with something to prove......although Kidd Brewer is a tough place to play at.

McTailGator
September 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Actually, it might be about 3200 feet of difference in elevation since we play in "The Hole". I've always wondered what the elevation of the field in "The Hole" was in relation to sea level.

No score prediction but I got this feeling that it might be a bad day for the Pokes at "The Rock".

Doc

Elevation on the Corner of Common and McNeese is 16 feet above mean sea level.

If the hole is 25 feet deep, that would make the playing surface in the hole about 9 ft below sea level.

But 3000 feet elevation is no big deal for a bunch of guys that conditioned in the heat and humidity of the Gulf Coast. They will just love the break in the weather.

But with no Defensive front, elevation is a moot point.

biggie
September 7th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Hope AE starts and we get a comfortable lead to get him out by half. He needs to play (assuming he's 100%) to get everything back to normal. We don't need another '07 GSU start.

Forecast for Saturday at 3,333 ft in Boone is mid 70s. Looking forward to the nice cool weather in Boone (compared to Greenville a couple days ago).

crossfire07
September 7th, 2009, 12:05 PM
ASU 42

MSU 17

If it was 6,000 ft maybe. 3,266 ft, no

Grizaholic17
September 7th, 2009, 12:07 PM
31-24 Appy State. great game in store! Any way us westerners can watch this game?

phillyAPP
September 7th, 2009, 12:43 PM
31-24 Appy State. great game in store! Any way us westerners can watch this game?

YES, go to www.goasu.com and you can buy the internet view for ~$9.95.

I hope they corrected some of the feed issues but the commentators are great.

You can listen for free.

DG Cowboy
September 7th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Didn't you guys rest a lot of players on defense? If we play like 2nd half ECU game I think it may be a long afternoon for you....if we play like the first quarter ECU game it may be a long afternoon for us....

Looking forward to it though

Have about 8 defensive guys hurt. 4 or 5 potential starters and starters. We didn't rest anyone who could get out there and play.

Waco Kid
September 9th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Can't wait to get the Cowboy's up to Boone this weekend. This will be the first home opener I've made since 04. I know McNeese will be ready to prove that last week was a freak event. I just think that the Apps will be tough to beat this week after that performance against ECU. No matter what happens it is good to see to traditional FCS teams willing to play each other in an OOC matchup.

Safe travels to all the Cowboy fans making the trip up to Boone. We stopped by your campus after the LSU game and listened to your game against UNC-CH while driving to Houston. Lake Charles was a nice town even though it was a ghost town thanks to the hurricane.

appmaj
September 9th, 2009, 12:28 PM
48-17 Appalachian State

ASUG8
September 9th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I'm smelling a little holding back from the Pokes and a bit of overconfidence from some of my fellow Apps xrotatehx This will turn into a game IMHO, just hoping we're on the better side of it. Hope those of you La. folks coming in are treated well and enjoy your stay in the High Country xthumbsupx.

DG Cowboy
September 9th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Well, here's the deal. McNeese plays the SLC schedule and one FBS a year plus three others. What's the use of making the playoffs with a gaudy record off of Southern Virginia, West Virginia Tech, Savannah State, etc.? Let's play App and Montana and the like and move the program up. How embarassing was it to be #1 or whatever and get our butts handed to us by Eastern Washington and Northern Arizona. I know you need to have the W's, but really.

CrackerRiley
September 9th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Well, here's the deal. McNeese plays the SLC schedule and one FBS a year plus three others. What's the use of making the playoffs with a gaudy record off of Southern Virginia, West Virginia Tech, Savannah State, etc.? Let's play App and Montana and the like and move the program up. How embarassing was it to be #1 or whatever and get our butts handed to us by Eastern Washington and Northern Arizona. I know you need to have the W's, but really.

Agreed. If you can't get the W's against good teams during the regular season what makes anyone think you're gonna get em in the postseason.

That's why I hate when people complain about trying to get enough wins to make the postseason. You need that many wins for a reason!

ericsaid
September 9th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I very seriously doubt McNeese has a runningback better than what ECU had.

45-17 App

McNeese75
September 9th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I very seriously doubt McNeese has a runningback better than what ECU had.

45-17 App

Put our RB behind their O line (first half anyway) and I would probably beg to differ.

biggie
September 9th, 2009, 01:16 PM
After listening to the McNeese Coach's teleconference, we're gonna need to work on his pronunciation of Appalachian. :)

ericsaid
September 9th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Put our RB behind their O line (first half anyway) and I would probably beg to differ.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be close. But of the four runningbacks or more ECU played I would be really suprised to see the same power and burst.

MSU_77
September 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I'm not saying that it wouldn't be close. But of the four runningbacks or more ECU played I would be really suprised to see the same power and burst.

I would say that QB and RB are two positions where McNeese excels. There are a stable of very skilled runners and the senior QB Fourroux is a proven winner.

Now, all the other positions... xconfusedx

McNeese75
September 9th, 2009, 01:50 PM
After listening to the McNeese Coach's teleconference, we're gonna need to work on his pronunciation of Appalachian. :)

Ok, then give us a little lesson on how to pronouce it correctly or at least how you want it to be said. I don't particularly want to get my ass whipped because someone doesn't like the way I say it :D

biggie
September 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Ok, then give us a little lesson on how to pronouce it correctly or at least how you want it to be said. I don't particularly want to get my ass whipped because someone doesn't like the way I say it :D
APP-UH-LATCH-UN, Can always just use App or App State to be safe.

JMU Newbill
September 9th, 2009, 01:56 PM

Ap⋅pa⋅la⋅chi⋅an - http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/audio.html/lunaWAV/A06/A0605000)[ap-uh-ley-chee-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn, -chuhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn, -lach-ee-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn, lach-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn]

Just thought I'd give the alternate(s)!

SideLine Shooter
September 9th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Ap⋅pa⋅la⋅chi⋅an - http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/audio.html/lunaWAV/A06/A0605000)[ap-uh-ley-chee-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn, -chuhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn, -lach-ee-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn, lach-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn]

NO, NO, NO, NO, No, No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggie
September 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM

Yes, if you are from North of NC (or 'live' in Florida) that's the way you hear it.

Skjellyfetti
September 9th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Yes, if you are from North of NC (or 'live' in Florida) that's the way you hear it.

Peope from at least the panhandle of Florida know how to pronounce it.

Apalachicola = Ap-Uh-Latch-Uh-Co-La

FormerPokeCenter
September 9th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I can assure you that the burst you'll see from Penland will exceed your wildest expectations....provided, of course (and this is a huge equivocation) somebody's able to open a hole for him. Or, in his case, half a hole...

He's got surprising power, but he's not a bull. He does, however, have the ability to change directions on a dime, carry his pads well and NOT lose any speed...

There's an expression we used to use in track that's especially fitting for Pendland:

"If he's even, he's leavin"...

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2009, 02:39 PM
31-24 Apples.

CharlestonAppFan
September 9th, 2009, 02:50 PM

But DO NOT say Appy xnonox You will run the risk of answering to these folks:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/deliverance.jpg

Otherwise known as the former great poster, Appaholic.

Or see Ned Beatty's boyfriend:

http://www.jaybusbee.com/uploaded_images/del2-744554.jpg

I don't know which would be worse for ya :D

GreatAppSt
September 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM
But DO NOT say Appy xnonox You will run the risk of answering to these folks:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/deliverance.jpg

Otherwise known as the former great poster, Appaholic.

Or see Ned Beatty's boyfriend:

http://www.jaybusbee.com/uploaded_images/del2-744554.jpg

I don't know which would be worse for ya :D

Yeah don't call those pictured Georgian's Appy.

xrolleyesxxnonox

msusig
September 9th, 2009, 03:08 PM
27-24 McNeese State wins in upset over the hillbillies. xpeacex

appmaj
September 9th, 2009, 03:09 PM

How many extra syllables is this guy putting into the word???

xoopsx

GannonFan
September 9th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Appy St in a blowout. We need that clip from Rocky III where they ask Clubber Lang (Mr. T) for a prediction, and he looks at the camera, pauses, and then growls "Pain". That would work for this game.

phillyAPP
September 9th, 2009, 03:17 PM
27-24 McNeese State wins in upset over the hillbillies. xpeacex

I like your pride but .......something tells me that THE ROCK will be ROCK'n !!!

McNeese72
September 9th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I like your pride but .......something tells me that THE ROCK will be ROCK'n !!!

I don't know who MSUsig is but I don't know if he is facing the reality of what a rebuilding year means.

Doc

CamelCityAppFan
September 9th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I think App wins pretty big. This is AE's first game back since losing to Richmond, and I think he's gonna take out his frustration on the Pokes. Second half of the ECU game should provide a good confidence booster for the defense.

DG Cowboy
September 9th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I don't know who MSUsig is but I don't know if he is facing the reality of what a rebuilding year means.

Doc

Well, if this is a scary year, who the hell is going to QB next year?

McNeese72
September 9th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Well, if this is a scary year, who the hell is going to QB next year?

My bets will either be on Zach O'Quinn from Moss Bluff who transferred back from Florida or the true freshman, Cody Stroud, who just looked like a QB with his mechanics is the preseason workouts.

Zach Fourroux could be in the mix if he comes back from his illness.

doc

DG Cowboy
September 9th, 2009, 04:08 PM
My bets will either be on Zach O'Quinn from Moss Bluff who transferred back from Florida or the true freshman, Cody Stroud, who just looked like a QB with his mechanics is the preseason workouts.

Zach Fourroux could be in the mix if he comes back from his illness.

doc

OK. Makes sense.

msusig
September 9th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Doc

Why is everybody giving up so quickly? McNeese had one horrible game at the beginning of the season. We had a lot of players out with being hurt/sick. I think we can easily go 8-3 or 7-2 depending on if they can stop having so many penalties. 14 penalties will kill any teams chances of winning.

BobcatJH
September 9th, 2009, 04:33 PM
McNeese in a thrashing.....

JohnStOnge
September 9th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Why is everybody giving up so quickly? McNeese had one horrible game at the beginning of the season. We had a lot of players out with being hurt/sick. I think we can easily go 8-3 or 7-2 depending on if they can stop having so many penalties. 14 penalties will kill any teams chances of winning.

Because McNeese has serious injury problems right now that are apparently going to persist at least through this game. My brother sent me an e mail todayciting a Lake Charles American Press article reporting that the only injured player the head coach expects back for App State is starting linebacker Jermey Pilate. Otherwise, he said the article mentioned that four cornerbacks are out. I think that means we can safely say that the problem they had with both guys slated to start at corner being out won't be gone by this Saturday.

Even at full strength it would've been a very difficult task for this McNeese team to be competetive in this game. McNeese is not anywhere near "full strength" with respect to players expected to see playing time during the year. I should've known something was going on when a father of a McNeese freshman reported on the McNeese Delphi board that he expected his son to be redshirted but learned he'd be playing during the Henderson State game. The Cowboys are seriously depleted.

I think the best we can hope for is that the injuries are such that they can have most of their players back for conference play.

JohnStOnge
September 9th, 2009, 07:10 PM
With the situation McNeese is in now with regard to player attrition, it would be a miracle if they can keep this game close. And I'm not sandbagging. I will hope for a miracle, but that's what it would take.

crossfire07
September 9th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I think some people are expecting too much out of AE his first game back as if nothing has happened to this young man in the past few months. you can't make up all of those missed practices, weight, stamina and endurance routines and prep for a game in one week and be 100%.he is one hell of an athelete and will put on a show but he will need time to be himself again and saturdays game is a start.

CrackerRiley
September 9th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I think some people are expecting too much out of AE his first game back as if nothing has happened to this young man in the past few months. you can't make up all of those missed practices, weight, stamina and endurance routines and prep for a game in one week and be 100%.he is one hell of an athelete and will put on a show but he will need time to be himself again and saturdays game is a start.

Exactly. Coach Moore already expects his conditioning to be a factor. If there are problems, we've got a number 2.

AppStsGr8
September 9th, 2009, 07:48 PM

I tend to agree with you on AE's readiness. I do know that if anybody can pull off the return after being out like he has, that AE is definitely the one.

I'm looking forward to a great game Saturday. McNeese will be ready - it seems that the greatest improvement of the season often comes between games one and two.

ASU BOEING DRIVER
September 9th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Exactly. Coach Moore already expects his conditioning to be a factor. If there are problems, we've got a number 2.

I had a number 2 this morning...xlolx

CrackerRiley
September 9th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I had a number 2 this morning...xlolx

xrolleyesx xoopsx

ASU_MBA
September 9th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Any word on the McNeese injuries...I read on the delphi message board that McNeese expects to only get one LB back for Saturday and most of the DBs are out...anyone know of the injury report/updated depth chart for the game>?

McNeese72
September 9th, 2009, 09:05 PM

Wait, where have you been? All of us, including Zem, have been saying since last season that people shouldn't get their hopes to high for this season because of the players we lost (offensive line, defensive line, wide receivers, ect....) this was going to be a rebuilding year. We've said this way before the Henderson St. game even took place. And with all the injuries we have, everything will be even more so magnified.

I hope like hell the young guys (such as in the offensive line) step up, but I'm going to cautious about expecting too much. You don't believe me, get a more expert opinion and email Zem and ask him about it.

Doc

msusig
September 9th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Wait, where have you been? All of us, including Zem, have been saying since last season that people shouldn't get their hopes to high for this season because of the players we lost (offensive line, defensive line, wide receivers, ect....) this was going to be a rebuilding year. We've said this way before the Henderson St. game even took place. And with all the injuries we have, everything will be even more so magnified.

I hope like hell the young guys (such as in the offensive line) step up, but I'm going to cautious about expecting too much. You don't believe me, get a more expert opinion and email Zem and ask him about it.

Doc

I've been watching the posts. I've been to a few of the cowboy club meetings and heard the coaches. I was at the Henderson State game. I just refuse to write off the season when it just started.

On the positive side, we still have our starting QB & RB. McNeese fought back from an embarrassing start against Henderson State and got the win. We are not facing an elite FBS team with more scholarship. We are talking about a very good FCS team. McNeese has been in larger, more impressive stadiums and done pretty well. At the very least I see it being a some what close game in the first 3 quarters.

GreatAppSt
September 9th, 2009, 09:50 PM
N.P.

McNeese72
September 9th, 2009, 11:27 PM
I've been watching the posts. I've been to a few of the cowboy club meetings and heard the coaches. I was at the Henderson State game. I just refuse to write off the season when it just started.

On the positive side, we still have our starting QB & RB. McNeese fought back from an embarrassing start against Henderson State and got the win. We are not facing an elite FBS team with more scholarship. We are talking about a very good FCS team. McNeese has been in larger, more impressive stadiums and done pretty well. At the very least I see it being a some what close game in the first 3 quarters.

Hey, I hope we play great and are in the game all the way. But I also know that our defense is hurting bigtime right now so I won't be surprised if we get blown out.

We shall see, Saturday.

Doc

McNeeseState311
September 10th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Any word on the McNeese injuries...I read on the delphi message board that McNeese expects to only get one LB back for Saturday and most of the DBs are out...anyone know of the injury report/updated depth chart for the game>?

Let's just say we will have some freshman playing in this game.

theasushow
September 10th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I still think it is ironic that I had ASU GOING to McNeese State (11-0 at the time) in my playoff bracket two years ago. It was going to be the APPS first away playoff game since the "destiny" had started, so I was actually a little anxious about that, but ofcourse Eastern Washington had something to say about my predictions. (and also put any anxiety I may have had at ease)

McNeese75
September 10th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I still think it is ironic that I had ASU GOING to McNeese State (11-0 at the time) in my playoff bracket two years ago. It was going to be the APPS first away playoff game since the "destiny" had started, so I was actually a little anxious about that, but ofcourse Eastern Washington had something to say about my predictions. (and also put any anxiety I may have had at ease)

xrolleyesx So did we xmadx

theasushow
September 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM
xrolleyesx So did we xmadx

well good luck none the less...I'm sure you would prefer it be your '07 squad rolling into Boone this weekend!

KiddBrewer
September 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM
this is like the most depressing sentiment ive ever encountered from a team's fans......it is almost eerie (YOU DAMN REALIST! WHERE IS YOUR COCKINESS!?!).......but i refuse to think that all of this realism is going to lead to a crazy upset.........reverse psychology does not work on my Mountaineers.....i hope:)

UCABEARS75
September 10th, 2009, 02:50 PM
We are open the weekend so I will be in my recliner.

Is this game on ESPN Gameplan????

biggie
September 10th, 2009, 02:52 PM
We are open the weekend so I will be in my recliner.

Is this game on ESPN Gameplan????
Nope. Only shown a couple local channels (one around McNeese and one out of Asheville NC). Streaming on GoASU.com (video is pay, audio is free).

AppAlum96
September 10th, 2009, 04:23 PM

When in doubt about how to pronounce something, look to history:

While exploring inland along the northern coast of Florida in 1528, the members of the Narváez expedition, including Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca, found a Native American village near present-day Tallahassee, Florida whose name they transcribed as Apalchen or Apalachen [a.paˈla.tʃɛn]. The name was soon altered by the Spanish to Apalachee and used as a name for the tribe and region spreading well inland to the north. Pánfilo de Narváez's expedition first entered Apalachee territory on June 15, 1528 and applied the name. Now spelled "Appalachian", it is the fourth oldest surviving European place-name in the U.S. [8]

In southern U.S. dialects, the mountains are pronounced /ˌæpəˈlætʃɨnz/, with the third syllable sounding like "latch". In northern U.S. dialects, they are pronounced/ˌæpəˈleɪtʃɨnz/ or /ˌæpəˈleɪʃɨnz/; the third syllable is like "lay", and the fourth "chins" or "shins".[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian

McNeese72
September 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
My education continues on something I've always wondered about. I've heard it both ways before and I have always wondered which pronunciation was correct.

Thanks guys,
Doc

AppAlum96
September 10th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I always tell people the name comes from teh Apalachee indians, and that Apalachee rhymes with Apache. You don't call the Apaches "ah-PAY-chees", right?

JohnStOnge
September 10th, 2009, 06:38 PM
this is like the most depressing sentiment ive ever encountered from a team's fans......it is almost eerie (YOU DAMN REALIST! WHERE IS YOUR COCKINESS!?!).......

Well, what are you going to do? It was already a year where a lot of starters were lost then most of the starting defense is knocked out before the season even begins. They're playing a very good team. I would not be ruling out the possibility of an upset if they were at near 100% health wise. I'd still make App the favorite but I'd think McNeese would have a shot if they played well because I think they would match up well with App State team speed wise. But they're not healthy. REALLY not healthy.

msusig
September 10th, 2009, 09:27 PM
So has anybody painted that pebble you call a rock yet? Wish I could go to the game to paint the rock blue and watch the Cowboys pull an upset victory. Guess I'll just have to settle watching it on TV. xcoolx

ASU_MBA
September 10th, 2009, 10:31 PM
So has anybody painted that pebble you call a rock yet? Wish I could go to the game to paint the rock blue and watch the Cowboys pull an upset victory. Guess I'll just have to settle watching it on TV. xcoolx

Tell your wife that if she needs any work around the house done that you should be free after the first quarter because that is all you will want to see...
xsmiley_wix
Wish you could come to Boone the rock is a fun atomsphere...

McNeese75
September 10th, 2009, 11:13 PM
well good luck none the less...I'm sure you would prefer it be your '07 squad rolling into Boone this weekend!

The 2007 Team with all hands on deck was pretty salty but by year end the injury bug had taken its toll.

neersnbeers
September 11th, 2009, 01:00 AM

You would be sniped from Howard's Knob.

McNeese75
September 11th, 2009, 09:42 AM
xlolx I can believe that :D

msusig
September 11th, 2009, 10:45 AM
The 2007 Team with all hands on deck was pretty salty but by year end the injury bug had taken its toll.

So why does it seem every year that injuries plague our chances of winning every year? It has to be the coach. Can he not keep our players healthy for one season?

The Moody1
September 11th, 2009, 10:53 AM

Has anybody swapped out your goal posts for golden arches?

CamelCityAppFan
September 11th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Wasn't planning on going to this game, but just got an invite to go and sit in one of the new boxes in the new stadium! Wooo hooo! xthumbsupx

neersnbeers
September 11th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Wasn't planning on going to this game, but just got an invite to go and sit in one of the new boxes in the new stadium! Wooo hooo! xthumbsupx

Nice. I just got a call from a buddy with extra tix but can't go, already invited folks over for beers and brats. I'll be there for homecoming tho. Since I can't be there i bet it will still look pretty cool on TV (except the louzy MY40 feed). Go APP!!

JohnStOnge
September 11th, 2009, 06:55 PM
So why does it seem every year that injuries plague our chances of winning every year? It has to be the coach. Can he not keep our players healthy for one season?

This year, a bunch of players got injured during preseason. But during 2007 and 2008, the key injuries happened during games. I don't see how coaching had any impact on Jamie Leonard, Todrick Pendland, Steven Whitehead, and Bryan Smith (among others) being injured in 2007. I don't see how coaching had anything to do with Quinten Lawrence and Immanuel Friddle being injured in 2008. Those injuries happened during games.

Like, for instance: Quinten Lawrence ran down to down a punt and broke his leg without anybody touching him. How is the coach responsible for that?

I think that this is one of those things one needs to ascribe to just really bad luck.

ASUG8
September 11th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I think that this is one of those things one needs to ascribe to just really bad luck.

I've been mowing grass since I was 11 yrs old and no injuries - I'd say the same on AE's behalf.

theasushow
September 11th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I've been mowing grass since I was 11 yrs old and no injuries - I'd say the same on AE's behalf.

I would concur.

BEAR
September 11th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Is the mower o.k.? :(

McNeese72
September 11th, 2009, 08:56 PM

LOL! I got a mental picture with that remark. It was of some App St. beating that lawnmower to pieces with sledge hammers. :)

Doc

ASUG8
September 11th, 2009, 09:07 PM
LOL! I got a mental picture with that remark. It was of some App St. beating that lawnmower to pieces with sledge hammers. :)

Doc

Trust me, brother, many of us wanted to kill that piece of kryptonite. xsmiley_wix

proasu89
September 11th, 2009, 09:14 PM

AE is good, but cannot compare to Chuck Norris.

EmeryZach
September 11th, 2009, 10:36 PM
John Deere better watch his back!

KiddBrewer
September 12th, 2009, 02:11 AM
KKKKIIIIILLLLLL TTTTTHHHEEEE LLLLLLAAAWWWNNNN TTTTRRRACCCCTTTTOOORRR!