JMU1992
September 6th, 2009, 02:04 AM
CAA 2
ACC 0

BDKJMU
September 6th, 2009, 02:07 AM
CAA South 2
ACC 0

Fixed it for you. But this has already been pointed out in a 1/2 doz other threads. Now its starting to xdeadhorsex

umassfan
September 6th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Fixed it for you. But this has already been pointed out in a 1/2 doz other threads. Now its starting to xdeadhorsex
UMass came close to taking out a Big 12 team which is stronger then prob 80% of the ACC... So I wouldn't get too cocky on that CAA South garbage.

89Hen
September 6th, 2009, 08:38 AM
UMass came close
Look who's back! xlolx

Uncle Buck
September 6th, 2009, 09:42 AM

Yes, we know, we know, the CAA South is the cat's a$$ and the North and every other team not in the South is garbage. Sheesh, with the exception of Towson, some of you CAA South brethren make it tough to pull for you in any out of conference game.

WrenFGun
September 6th, 2009, 09:46 AM
...yeah, I'll be looking forward to UNH getting a shot at 'Nova at home this year...this CAA South brashness is getting a little excessive.

Uncle Buck
September 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM
...yeah, I'll be looking forward to UNH getting a shot at 'Nova at home this year...this CAA South brashness is getting a little excessive.

xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

YoUDeeMan
September 6th, 2009, 09:49 AM

UNH better bring more to the game versus nova than what was brought against St. Francis School for Girls or you will get blown out.

What happened to your QB? From that stats, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn yesterday.

StrikeJMU
September 6th, 2009, 09:49 AM
we jest out of love.

YoUDeeMan
September 6th, 2009, 09:51 AM
we jest out of love.

Maybe you're out of love...I've got lots of love left. xnodx

:p

Uncle Buck
September 6th, 2009, 09:52 AM
we jest out of love.

Well, then it's okay, i guess? xrotatehx

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 6th, 2009, 10:41 AM
UMass came close to taking out a Big 12 team which is stronger then prob 80% of the ACC... So I wouldn't get too cocky on that CAA South garbage.

Yeah, I saw that and thought ... "Holy Cow, Umass accomplished more than Villanova, WM and Richmond did this weekend"... xeyebrowx

GoDukes86
September 6th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I saw that and thought ... "Holy Cow, Umass accomplished more than Villanova, WM and Richmond did this weekend"... xeyebrowx

Ha! Touche' xlolx

Madisonian
September 6th, 2009, 01:52 PM

It's all about perspective, gentlemen... all about perspective.

MoBear
September 6th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Good job CAA but i believe the record against the ACC is 2-1 Boston College beat Northeastern 54-0 but this weekend has just put the entire northeast on notice that the ACC is not the only conference in town. Only 4 ACC teams won this weekend and only one of those games was agaist a FBS team and the was Middle Tenn ST.

EmeryZach
September 6th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Hey now everyone. can't we all just get along and agree that the CAA is a pretty darn good conference as a whole?

appfan2008
September 6th, 2009, 02:41 PM
i was at the richmond duke game selling chick fil a sandwiches... I work there... and that game was not even close... the better team (by far) won that game...

Bettina90
September 6th, 2009, 02:47 PM
i was at the richmond duke game selling chick fil a sandwiches... I work there... and that game was not even close... the better team (by far) won that game...

Tough Economy.

Native
September 6th, 2009, 03:28 PM

Score 21-3 at the half, total yards 212 to 407. Which part was close?

CONGRATS to CAA South, though, for two fantastic victories!

smcwildcat
September 6th, 2009, 03:50 PM
HEY cluck atleast we dont have to get transfers every new year ......breed you own qb's for once

dennisdent
September 6th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Score 21-3 at the half, total yards 212 to 407. Which part was close?

Sorry, but that comment makes little sense to me. I would think that it was a positive that UMass came back to out-score KSU 14-0 in the 2nd half in front of 50,000 crazed fans. If you've ever been to a KSU game (went to a few when I was stationed at Ft. Riley in the late 90s), it is a very hard place to play.

YoUDeeMan
September 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
HEY cluck atleast we dont have to get transfers every new year ......breed you own qb's for once

Epidermis, subcutis, dermis...you should check with your doctor...you might be missing a layer of skin. Or collectively, they might be a bit too thin.

So, back to the question...and can someone besides the wildcat with the case of mange please respond...what happened to the UNH passing game yesterday? xeyebrowx

Native
September 6th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Sorry, but that comment makes little sense to me. I would think that it was a positive that UMass came back to out-score KSU 14-0 in the 2nd half in front of 50,000 crazed fans. If you've ever been to a KSU game (went to a few when I was stationed at Ft. Riley in the late 90s), it is a very hard place to play.

OF COURSE it was positive that UMass scored in the second half in front of 50,000 crazed fans and did not get blown away by the Wildcats. Kudos to the Minutemen!

But the game was not close.

The original post from Umassfan boldly (and inaccurately) claimed that "...UMass came close to taking out a Big 12 team which is stronger..."

I love to see FCS knock off FBS, and I love to see FCS teams give FBS team great games. UMass is an excellent team, but this just was NOT the case when the minutement visited Kansas State this past weekend.

dennisdent
September 6th, 2009, 04:25 PM
OF COURSE it was positive that UMass scored in the second half in front of 50,000 crazed fans and did not get blown away by the Wildcats. Kudos to the Minutemen!

The original post from Umassfan boldly (and inaccurately) claimed that "...UMass came close to taking out a Big 12 team which is stronger..."

I love to see FCS knock off FBS, and I love to see FCS teams give FBS team great games. UMass is an excellent team, but this just was NOT the case when the minutement visited Kansas State this past weekend.

Just wondering: did you go to the game? I didn't, so I'm waiting to see video of the game before making a comments on how close the game actually was (4 point lose to a FBS team at their place is close to me).:D

kdinva
September 6th, 2009, 09:39 PM

xlolxxlolx

kdinva
September 6th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Good job CAA but i believe the record against the ACC is 2-1 Boston College beat Northeastern 54-0 but this weekend has just put the entire northeast on notice that the ACC is not the only conference in town. Only 4 ACC teams won this weekend and only one of those games was agaist a FBS team and the was Middle Tenn ST.

ACC: The
Average
Coast
Conference

Despite what has been posted elsewhere, I look for JMU to give UMd. what for this Saturday. JMU may not win, but they shouldn't lose by 20+ either.

BDKJMU
September 7th, 2009, 12:13 AM

Yeah, UNH really took it little Ol St Frances xsmiley_wix

Umass74
September 7th, 2009, 06:34 AM

Dude, I was there and UMass had the Wildcats going backward on their own 30 yard line with three minutes to go and up by four points. Carson scrambled for a first down and that sealed the game, but 50,700 K-State fans were sweating at that point.

If that's not close than I don't know what would be.xrolleyesx

EmeryZach
September 7th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Why are we fighting? can't we all just start bashing the SOCON? xsmiley_wixxpeacexxthumbsupx

Dignan
September 7th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Why are we fighting? can't we all just start bashing the SOCON? xsmiley_wixxpeacexxthumbsupx

Yeah, what's up with that? I personally have no problem with our CAA North brethren. I always root for CAA teams in OOC games.

Madisonian
September 7th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, what's up with that? I personally have no problem with our CAA North brethren. I always root for CAA teams in OOC games.

Agreed. Out of conference, the CAA is the CAA...period.

Native
September 7th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Dude, I was there and UMass had the Wildcats going backward on their own 30 yard line with three minutes to go and up by four points. Carson scrambled for a first down and that sealed the game, but 50,700 K-State fans were sweating at that point.

If that's not close than I don't know what would be.xrolleyesx

Not trying to pick a fight, "dude." Congrats to the UMass defense and special teams for creating two TD opportunities for the Minutemen in the 2nd-half against K-State.

It's great to be an FCS football fan!

State Line Liquors
September 7th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Epidermis, subcutis, dermis...you should check with your doctor...you might be missing a layer of skin. Or collectively, they might be a bit too thin.

So, back to the question...and can someone besides the wildcat with the case of mange please respond...what happened to the UNH passing game yesterday? xeyebrowx

From the box score it looks like UNH did most of their scoring in the first quarter, but that doesn't really say alot. Toman did have 23 passing attempts though. Probably went with a dull game plan so as not to give away much in advance of their game at Ball State.

A shame that there isn't a UNH fan that could elaborate on how they looked. Guess he wasn't one of the 6300 who made it out to the game. Maybe vacationing in Lake Winnipesaukee xrolleyesx

UNHFan99
September 7th, 2009, 11:34 AM
my guess on what happened to the passing offense was that the playbook was designed to not show alot for future opponents. St Francis was not overlooked but in the past when we played lower ranked teams from that league not named Albany our backups played quite a bit. The freshman and sophmore players that do not see normal playing time might have had a simper version of the playbook for Sta Francis to not have anything on film for Ball State. This is due also to the backups running a scout team offense most of the year to prepare the starting defense. Not the same playbook combined with poor QB accuracy slowed the offense. You play to win the game. I look to see things fall back in place in the weeks to come. Sloppy win all around but we feel the same way K-State does. Close one but a win is a win as long as it improves in the future.