PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls State

UNHFan
September 5th, 2009, 11:11 PM
What happend!! We in the NE think of them as a power house!! great winds in the past...

slycat
September 5th, 2009, 11:12 PM
They are very young this year, we in the SLC had them pinned for a down year.

UNHFan
September 5th, 2009, 11:13 PM
K thanks... Just that they seem to be so tough al the time. Thanks!

McNeese75
September 5th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Young team facing another option team that is bigger and faster. They did not have any of the advantages they usually have with other team since Air Force runs the same offense.

Mountaineer#96
September 5th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Air Force BOMBED them.... sorry

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Yep - I believe most of the SLC fans and even the coaches tab them down this year. The Colonels are always going to prove somewhat a test when they get that option going, but perhaps the whole Col. Tillou think was distracting!

GeauxColonels
September 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM
2 redshirt freshman at QB. A lot of mistakes in the game. We ran a fake punt at our own 4 yard line on 4th and 13 in the 1st quarter and busted a run up to our 34 yard line. The next play...fumble on the Center/QB exchange. The option offense is incredibly susceptible to fumbles...but they were incredibly magnified in this game. Also, Air Force is just a stronger, faster, more experienced and better team all around. End of story. They are just that much better than we are at this stage of the game. I'm looking for us to be much more competitive this week against Duquesne.

And, Air Force is over 6,000ft above sea level...Thibodaux? 13ft.

lionsrking2
September 7th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Unless it's obvious a particular FCS team is terrible, I don't think you can read much into a blowout loss to an FBS opponent with a winning program. My personal take is Nicholls will be rebuilding this year, but they have good athletes and will be a much different team in three or four weeks than they were yesterday.

Silenoz
September 7th, 2009, 12:15 AM
What happend!! We in the NE think of them as a power house!! great winds in the past...

xconfusedxxconfusedx

GeauxColonels
September 7th, 2009, 08:07 PM
xconfusedxxconfusedx
Yeah...I'm curious about that too. We've upset Troy, McNeese St. and Texas St. a few times when we were big underdogs...but I'm not sure about the great wins in the past.

BEAR
September 7th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah...I'm curious about that too. We've upset Troy, McNeese St. and Texas St. a few times when we were big underdogs...but I'm not sure about the great wins in the past.

You've beat UCA! xlolx That's something no Texas school has ever done! xthumbsupxxlolxxlolx

GeauxColonels
September 7th, 2009, 09:09 PM
You've beat UCA! xlolx That's something no Texas school has ever done! xthumbsupxxlolxxlolx
I was at the game when you guys came down to Thibodaux when you were D-II.