PDA

View Full Version : FCS vs FBS

UNHFan
September 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Pretty good start!

Congrats to Villanova!

ND State, E Kentucy & Central Arkansas played compitieve gand and certainly didnt embarrass!

But what the hell is up with Indiana State!! And Maine almost lost St Cloud?

Also if UNH isnt now favored over Ball State Ill be shocked but knot sure I am happy they lost to N Texas. Go Cats!

ItsyBitsySpider
September 5th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Spiders - Duke 7 PM

appmaj
September 5th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Liberty 10-10 WVU

seoulflame
September 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Liberty - 13
WVU - 23

3rd Q 5:00

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Liberty - 13
WVU - 23

3rd Q 5:00

Sounds respectable.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2009, 01:23 PM
ASU sure didnt show up today...

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 01:24 PM

No harm, no foul. Just need to find eight wins elsewhere.

bjtheflamesfan
September 5th, 2009, 02:49 PM
LU falls 33-20 but definitely put in a strong effort. Im certainly keepin LU in my top 25 after this game

89Hen
September 5th, 2009, 03:18 PM
No AE and it was still close, no? xconfusedx

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 03:20 PM

No AE and it was still close, no? xconfusedx

Appfan2008 made that comment when it was 27-7.

89Hen
September 5th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Appfan2008 made that comment when it was 27-7.
Oh. Only saw the final score. :(

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Oh. Only saw the final score. :(

Yeah. App showed some grit with 17 unanswered at one point.

skinny_uncle
September 5th, 2009, 03:26 PM
My game is about to kick off. The Salukis take on Marshall. I must point out that SIU has never lost to Marshall.

I need a bottle of this to celebrate after we win.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/dawghouse.jpg

93henfan
September 5th, 2009, 03:32 PM
My game is about to kick off. The Salukis take on Marshall. I must point out that SIU has never lost to Marshall.

I think it's safe to say ALL of FCS is rooting for you vs Marshall. xthumbsupx

Go get 'em.

dlsiouxfan
September 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Do you have a radio link for this one by chance?

DX Man
September 5th, 2009, 03:38 PM

Good Luck SIUxthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
September 5th, 2009, 04:54 PM
The Salukis lead Marshall 14-7 at the half.

GO DAWGS!!!

LacesOut
September 5th, 2009, 04:56 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SIU!!!!!!!!

skinny_uncle
September 5th, 2009, 05:09 PM
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-marshall.html

skinny_uncle
September 5th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Marshall drives for a tie early in the second half.
SIU 14 Marshall 14.
xnonono2x

89Hen
September 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM
C'mon SIU. ALL of I-AA owes marshall retribution. UNH did it, let's keep them on the losing end.

mlbowl
September 5th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Air Force - 72
Nicholls St. - 0

tribe_pride
September 5th, 2009, 05:44 PM
WM-UVA 7-7 about 10-5 minutes in time of possession and driving on the UVA 33 1st and 10 to start the 2nd qtr.

Hood
September 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
C'mon SIU. ALL of I-AA owes marshall retribution. UNH did it, let's keep them on the losing end.

Somebody had to point it out xmadx

I really just don't have words. At all.

I mean obviously predicting a win would have been a stretch, but yeesh!

DX Man
September 5th, 2009, 05:55 PM
The Citadel is hanging tough early! Go Bulldogs..beat the tarholes

Screamin_Eagle174
September 5th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Add Richmond and William and Mary to the list of FBSlayers. xthumbsupx

Good day for the FCS! What's the count at now, 3?

UNHFan
September 5th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Awesome!!! I am so happy today!! Its going to get better each year!!

Big Al
September 5th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I'm sure you'll all see it on the highlight reels. UNI falls to Iowa by ONE point after leading all game until the 4th quarter. Iowa salvages the win by blocking TWO field goal attempts in the final 8 seconds.

NSUDemon98
September 5th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Charges are pending against the University of Houston for the raping that they administered to NSU earlier. 55-7.

I expected UH to score around the 45 pt(they scored 55) range and that we wouldn't be able to stop their potent offense but I was hoping for a lot more from our offense that seemed out of sorts throughout the whole first quarter. That was really the only way we would be able to slow down their O was to limit their possessions by sustaining some of our own.

Oh well, on to Grambling!

GoAgs72
September 5th, 2009, 10:47 PM
UC Davis Aggies losing to FBS Fresno State 35-0 at the half.

Gil Dobie
September 5th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I'm sure you'll all see it on the highlight reels. UNI falls to Iowa by ONE point after leading all game until the 4th quarter. Iowa salvages the win by blocking TWO field goal attempts in the final 8 seconds.

Sucks to lose by a blocked FG, but then twice. I remember NDSU getting blocked by Minnesota in 2006. :(

JMU99
September 6th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Hmm...
Nova over Temple
W&M over UVA
Richmond over Duke

CAA South doing quite well vs. FBS; cant say much for rest of FCS.

BDKJMU
September 6th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Hmm...
Nova over Temple
W&M over UVA
Richmond over Duke

CAA South 3-1, rest 0-34

Shawn-O
September 6th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Most Disappointing: Fresno State 51, UC Davis 0

Most Expected: Richmond 24, Duke 16

JSU02
September 6th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Hmm...
Nova over Temple
W&M over UVA
Richmond over Duke

Not exactly the hardest FBS teams to beat, but congrats none the less.

JohnStOnge
September 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Hmm...
Nova over Temple
W&M over UVA
Richmond over Duke

Too bad for UNI they were playing Iowa and not one of those three teams. Of course maybe it wouldn't have worked out because teams match up in different ways. But I think the one point loss by UNI and the 14 point by William and Mary were the two most impressive performances by FCS against FBS this past weekend given who UNI was playing.

rufus
September 6th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Not exactly the hardest FBS teams to beat, but congrats none the less.

Based on last year's final Sagarin ratings, the CAA South went 3-1 against:

#44 Northwestern
#47 Virginia
#57 Duke
#98 Temple (rated higher than all but 11 FCS teams)

While none of those wins (or losses for that matter) came against traditional powerhouses, it's worth keeping in mind that FCS went 0-10 against the following collection of teams rated below #98:

#101 Marshall
#106 LA Lafayette
#107 Arkansas State
#110 Central Florida
#114 Iowa State
#120 Kent State
#122 Wyoming
#125 Indiana
#138 Washington State
#149 SMU

Again, just saying the CAA wins were fairly respectable.

JohnStOnge
September 6th, 2009, 09:21 AM
CAA South 3-1, rest 0-34

Pretty many near misses. There were 9 FCS losses to FBS by one score (8 points or less); which means there were 12 of 38 games such that the FCS either won or ended within one score. That's 32%; or about a third. That's consistent with what I've written before: There are more competetive games between FCS and FBS than most FBS fans realize.

Another thing: This week has so far also been consistent with my belief that, in reality, BCS teams scheduling FCS teams is no "worse" than them scheduling most non BCS FCS teams. FCS teams were only 2-21 against BCS league teams through yesterday. The Sun Belt and MAC combined were 0-10. Non BCS FBS teams were 2-16 (with the Boise State and BYU wins).

Now, I know that Boise State and BYU are tough opponents for BCS league teams. But there are an awful lot of non BCS FBS out there that are pretty close to FCS in caliber. Texas playing ULM, for instance, wasn't any "worse" than if Texas would've brought in somebody like Central Arkansas.

Appstate03
September 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Based on last year's final Sagarin ratings, the CAA South went 3-1 against:

#44 Northwestern
#47 Virginia
#57 Duke
#98 Temple (rated higher than all but 11 FCS teams)

Last year's ratings mean nothing. This is a new year with new players.

GoDukes86
September 6th, 2009, 10:03 AM

Doesn't diminish the point.

UNIFanSince1983
September 6th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I don't think we should doubt that the CAA south will be tough again, but beating Duke and beating Temple are probably about as impressive as those CAA teams beating a Top 15 FCS team.

William and Mary was very impressive in beating Virginia, but Virginia gave the ball up 7 times.

I think there will be no doubt about the best top to bottom will be the CAA south, but after one week I don't think we can make an assumption that one of them is automatically the National Champion.

Hell we lost by 1 to the 22nd ranked team in FBS. With 5 players either suspended or hurt. Our top running back and top receiver didn't play. We had 10 penalties. We could have dominated this game with fewer penalties, but either way we lost and I don't wanna use any excuses we still should have won, but we didn't and almost winning is worthless.

App State lost to ECU by 5 WITHOUT Armanti Edwards. This is more scary to me than Richmond beating Duke. They kept it close without the best player in all of FCS. Again though almost winning isn't winning.

No matter what it looks like it should be an exciting season in FCS!

BDKJMU
September 7th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I don't think we should doubt that the CAA south will be tough again, but beating Duke and beating Temple are probably about as impressive as those CAA teams beating a Top 15 FCS team.

William and Mary was very impressive in beating Virginia, but Virginia gave the ball up 7 times.

I think there will be no doubt about the best top to bottom will be the CAA south, but after one week I don't think we can make an assumption that one of them is automatically the National Champion.

Hell we lost by 1 to the 22nd ranked team in FBS. With 5 players either suspended or hurt. Our top running back and top receiver didn't play. We had 10 penalties. We could have dominated this game with fewer penalties, but either way we lost and I don't wanna use any excuses we still should have won, but we didn't and almost winning is worthless.

App State lost to ECU by 5 WITHOUT Armanti Edwards. This is more scary to me than Richmond beating Duke. They kept it close without the best player in all of FCS. Again though almost winning isn't winning.

No matter what it looks like it should be an exciting season in FCS!

Hey, ASU and UNI are probably both still in most people's top 5. I'd put them #2 and #4 right now.

luflame15
September 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I would have to say Liberty fared pretty well on Sat.

Big Al
September 9th, 2009, 11:44 PM

This year's ratings:

36 Iowa
76 Virginia
103 Duke
132 Temple

Since this is only the first week of the season, I'll simply say these ratings are "interesting" and leave it at that.