PDA

View Full Version : GO RAMS!

Cobblestone
September 5th, 2009, 07:36 AM
That's the non-Bronx Rams. Rhody Rams vs. Fordham Rams.

C'mon Coach Trainer, start out with a win. xthumbsupx

Brad82
September 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM
This is a big game!
Rhody needs to start season 2-2 or it will be a long year.

Fordham
September 5th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Ditto - GO RAMS!!!

PS - Rhody guys - is this game being webcast anywhere or can we only listen to it?

Bos8
September 5th, 2009, 12:17 PM
It is suppose to be shown on the Rhody all access channel, but they are just showing an empty stadium (it's not URI's, I have no idea who's stadium it is) and they are playing very random music.
You can get the audio broadcast by streaming it at www.whjjam.com

TheValleyRaider
September 5th, 2009, 12:27 PM
ESPN's scoreboard has 10-0 URI, 8:41 to go in the 1st

Fordham
September 5th, 2009, 12:36 PM
17 - 0 Rhody. Our D is abysmal and Rhody's QB has been lighting us up.

RabidRabbit
September 5th, 2009, 01:03 PM
31-0 Rhody up? xeekxxeekx

Look out CAA! xlolxxlolx

89Hen
September 5th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Rhody's QB has been lighting us up.
Something I thought I'd never hear in my lifetime. xeyebrowx

Fordham
September 5th, 2009, 03:38 PM
yep, it was true. He got hurt, though. Any word on how he is, Rhody guys?

our D is atrocious. That, and turnovers means that 41 - 28 actually appears closer than it was imo.

jpincince
September 5th, 2009, 04:17 PM
According to ProJo.com (http://sportsblog.projo.com/2009/09/uri-beats-fordh-1.html): "Paul-Etienne was taken out of the game midway through the third quarter because the Rams were up by five touchdowns and he suffered a minor injury to his non-throwing elbow."

Ivytalk
September 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Cobblestone, have a couple of GOOD beers on me!:Dxprost2xxprost2xxbeerchugx

Go...gate
September 5th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Tough day for the Patriot League so far unless your school is dressed in Royal Purple....

dgreco
September 5th, 2009, 04:52 PM
nice game for URI

Cobblestone
September 5th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Cobblestone, have a couple of GOOD beers on me!:Dxprost2xxprost2xxbeerchugx

Thanks. Michelob Ultra right now...not exactly a GOOD beer but it does the job.

CONGRATS Coach Trainer and staff! Sorry I didn't get to the game today but I sure do like the numbers that CP put up. 164 passing and 81 rushing is a damn good all-purpose QB. Look out for Johnson-Farrell, not only on receiving routes but on kickoff returns as well. Sounds like our rushing attack was pretty well distributed between Lawarence, Ferrer and Bellini. Wilson is a good sized TE and I'm glad we are utlizing him.

I didn't see any of Fordham's numbers today but it sounds like our defense did a good job. I'm sure happy as hell to see the "D" score a TD.

If our O-line can protect CP all season we might surprise some people in the CAA.

It sucks that we have a bye week this early in the season but what can you do? Still I will gladly take an extra week to prepare for UMASS.

Oh and Bos8, you need to start spending more time here on AGS and get away from those pussies on the PROJO board. How many times can you read RhodeIslandRed post about how he hates URI football since he lost his college girlfriend to a URI football player? Stick around AGS Bos8 .

Congrats again to Coach Trainer and staff.

GO RHODY!

ASU_Fanatic
September 5th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Rhode Island, lol.

Cobblestone
September 5th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Rhode Island, lol.

Your mother's bedroom, lol! Tell her to change the sheets once in a while.

jmufan999
September 5th, 2009, 08:51 PM
CAA is freaking ROLLING today.

DSUrocks07
September 5th, 2009, 08:56 PM
According to ProJo.com (http://sportsblog.projo.com/2009/09/uri-beats-fordh-1.html): "Paul-Etienne was taken out of the game midway through the third quarter because the Rams were up by five touchdowns and he suffered a minor injury to his non-throwing elbow."

Translation:
His arm was getting tired xsmiley_wix

Dawg2Rhody
September 6th, 2009, 07:36 AM
CP is fine, I talked to him after the game. He did take a shot (I thought late) but he will be fine and with Rhody having an early bye week should not be a problem. The WR's all were impressive, especially Bynum! BJF got the game off to an exciting start with his opening return and Rhody never looked back or better for 3 qtrs. Bellini made two beautiful catches and D Wilson at TE is a weapon CP is going to love this season.

The D came hard early and often, Skelton was never able to get on a roll until massive subs were being made.

Great start Rhody, hopefully we are finally on our way to earning some respect. UMASS next will be a nice test.

scotte303
September 6th, 2009, 08:15 AM
That was a great way to start the season, CP is one heck of a ball player. O was awesome, D did a great job.
Congrats to Coach Trainer,staff and his team.

Tribe4SF
September 6th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Congrats Rams!!! I've been telling people to watch out for you guys this year.

Dawg2Rhody
September 6th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks Tribe4SF, congrats on your big win as well! Were you at the game? Moody looks like he had a good first game! Happy for him, great kid!

Uncle Buck
September 6th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Cobble and the boys, nice W. Congrats.

I have to admit, when i saw you guys blowing Fordham out of the water, i was shocked. Great effort.

401ks
September 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Congratulations, Rams!

I've got to put in a good word for the Rams' kicker, Louis Feinstein from University High School in Irvine, Calfornia.

Louis was a perfect 2-for-2 in Field Goals, and 5-for-5 in PATs.

Congratulations, Louis!

xthumbsupx

Bos8
September 6th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Where they utilizing the "Pistol" formation yesterday, where the QB lines up a few steps behind the center, and the Rb is behind the RB?
I was only able to watch part of the game as the video feed from Gorhody was in and out all game.
Glad to see Steve Weedon playing. He has the potential to be an all CAA player. Hansen and Damon looked good at the LB spots. Our defensive backfield still seems like it needs improvement.
I felt like we struggled to gain 1st downs when Stefkovich came in. Our play calling seemed real vanilla when he was in. With CPE we were much more dynamic.
Unfortunately being down in MD, I wont be able to make too many games this season. I think I'll be heading up for homecoming and the Uconn game.