10/2/2010 at Old Dominion
10/9/2010 bye
10/16/2010 at Charleston Southern
10/23/2010 PRESBYTERIAN
10/30/2010 COASTAL CAROLINA
11/6/2010 at Liberty
11/13/2010 at Stony Brook
11/20/2010 VMI

The trip to the Rubber Bowl to face the Zips should be interesting....

Redwyn
September 4th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Still a DII?

kdinva
September 4th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Akron has a new, on-campus facility that looks quite nice. 33,000 seats, nice sight lines, VIP seats, etc.

elcid83
September 4th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Not a bad schedule. I'd trade the Brevard game for any Southern Conference team to see where we are, but that's not a bad schedule.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

andy7171
September 4th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Still a DII?

...and ODU.

g-webb1994
September 4th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Yep, I'd like to see Chatty, Elon, or any other SOCON school instead of Brevard on there.

EagleDawg
September 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah, any SOCON School instead of Brevard but I wonder how many SOCON schools would do a home and home with GWU getting the first game in Boiling Springs. As the tentative schedule now stands, GWU has just 5 home games and to give up another is just not fair to the home crowd. I really would like to see the Big South expand by at least one more team so as to reduce the total OOC games to 4. I think that would help a bit regarding scheduling of DII's. Of course starting next year with the automatic bid, the key is to win the conference and the non-conference schedule is not as important for an at-large. I think it may be a good long time before the Big South gets anyone into the playoff's other than the conference champ.

Ready to see those Runnin Bulldogs get turned loose tomorrow evening.xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

89Hen
September 4th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Still a DII?

...and ODU.
I'm not seeing the problem. No offense to G-W but they aren't a playoff caliber team right now. Hopefully they're building toward that, but they have a I-A, two teams from auto conferences, and a team that should by all accounts be a pretty nice addition to the CAA the following year. They need some games they can win OOC. xpeacex

GridFan
September 4th, 2009, 12:01 PM
The D2 game, Brevard in 2010, isn't high competition by any stretch, but is a home game. No SoCon teams, from what I was told a few weeks ago, were available on that date. I really don't have a problem balancing an FBS with a D2 really.

I suppose G-W could have added another FBS school in the opener, but EagleDawg is right. That wouldn't be fair at all to have just four home games, especially if dropping a home game for a money game.

I'm just juiced the 2010 schedule is out already, even if tentative. I noticed that in the game notes earlier this week and forgot to mention it.

Now hopefully 2009 gets off to a good start.

OLDLCOACH111
September 4th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Old Dominion is not a good pick either...xoopsx This year would be their first year of football, In fact I would argue that Brevard is stronger team than Old Dominion is......

89Hen
September 4th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Old Dominion is not a good pick either...xoopsx This year would be their first year of football, In fact I would argue that Brevard is stronger team than Old Dominion is......
I will be willing to wager a cap with you that ODU beats G-W next year.

justsaying
September 4th, 2009, 02:05 PM

89 Hen…xeyebrowx Can you give a legitimate argument that would lead you to believe this, considering you can’t base this prediction on anything at this point…( records, statistics, all conference players, all americans) ??????

elcid83
September 4th, 2009, 06:16 PM

Hen, if OldCoach doesn't want your bet, I'm more than happy to take it. Just let me know.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

89Hen
September 5th, 2009, 03:42 PM
89 Hen…xeyebrowx Can you give a legitimate argument that would lead you to believe this, considering you can’t base this prediction on anything at this point…( records, statistics, all conference players, all americans) ??????
Coastal Carolina 21 - VMI 14
Coastal Carolina 33 - Liberty 6
Coastal Carolina 31 - Gardner-Webb 19
Coastal Carolina 56 - Charleston Southern 28

That was CCU's second year of football. It is pure speculation that ODU would be able to duplicate that, but they hired a person who knows how to build a program, they sold more season tickets than CAA team (including UD) and they are in an area that is rich in HS football talent. Any other questions or do you want to take that bet? xpeacex

OLDLCOACH111
September 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Coastal Carolina 21 - VMI 14
Coastal Carolina 33 - Liberty 6
Coastal Carolina 31 - Gardner-Webb 19
Coastal Carolina 56 - Charleston Southern 28

That was CCU's second year of football. It is pure speculation that ODU would be able to duplicate that, but they hired a person who knows how to build a program, they sold more season tickets than CAA team (including UD) and they are in an area that is rich in HS football talent. Any other questions or do you want to take that bet? xpeacex

Speculation indeed…That’s Coastal Carolina, and not Old Dominion....that same 04 CCU team has 4 or 5 players in the NFL right now, not to mention that team played club ball for about 1 or 2 years before eligibility was counted against anyone of their players.. ....

Anyways Season tickets sales and high school freshman don't win games.... I’ll definitely take your bet... xthumbsupx

89Hen
September 6th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Speculation indeed…That’s Coastal Carolina, and not Old Dominion....that same 04 CCU team has 4 or 5 players in the NFL right now, not to mention that team played club ball for about 1 or 2 years before eligibility was counted against anyone of their players.. ....

Anyways Season tickets sales and high school freshman don't win games.... I’ll definitely take your bet... xthumbsupx
Done. Do you still thing Brevard is stronger than ODU right now, let alont next year?

OLDLCOACH111
September 6th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Done. Do you still thing Brevard is stronger than ODU right now, let alont next year?

I need to see a solid win out of ODU before I change my stance.... Chowan has been 4-17 the last two seasons... The 10/10/09 ODU game against Presbyterian will be my deciding factor...

Lets be real though, Not saying GWU is a powerhouse, but no one on ODU schedule is in the same class as GWU talent wise. Normally I would not wast my time debating against a brand new unproven team, But I guess I can go back to grade school terminolgy and say "you started it" xsmiley_wix

89Hen
September 6th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I need to see a solid win out of ODU before I change my stance.... Chowan has been 4-17 the last two seasons...
You do know who one of those 4 wins was against though? xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

DX Man
September 6th, 2009, 03:31 PM
No shame in G-W playing a D-II team. It's a great chance for the coach to get a lot of players in the game and it's always good to give the local schools an opportunity to play an upper divison team. Also the economics are a win-win. And no, I would not like for ASU to schedule a home & home with G-W only because of your crowd size and facilities. It's bad enough that we have to play conference teams with those problems.

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
WCU might a good measuring stick for both programs.....

g-webb1994
September 6th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Anytime I see the word Chowan alongside Gardner-Webb it brings back bad memories, and makes me want to puke. (G-W people know exactly why)

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM
ODU 49 - Virginia Union 17 :)

South Carolina Duke
September 14th, 2009, 10:57 AM

ODU is already better than Brevard.

The Monarch's are located in a prime location for recruiting. They should be built for speed! They will be sure to pick up talented and "athletic " players that VT, UVA, UR and JMU cannot accept onto their programs.

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:02 AM
They will be sure to pick up talented and "athletic " players that VT, UVA, UR and JMU cannot accept onto their programs.
xconfusedx How's that?

OLDLCOACH111
September 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
ODU 49 - Virginia Union 17 :)

Oh no....Gardner Webb LOOKOUT!!!!xcoffeex Show me the Presbyterian score in a few weeks...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2009, 11:05 AM
G-Webb,

Glad to see the return game in '10 with the Bulldogs coming down to Huntsville, Texas. We're looking forward to playing an FCS squad at home as we try to keep our schedule all Division I.

Wouldn't mind continuing the series against G-W or any Big South opposition. Was hoping we'd get a home-and-home with the Beach Chickens!

OLDLCOACH111
September 14th, 2009, 11:07 AM
ODU is already better than Brevard.

The Monarch's are located in a prime location for recruiting. They should be built for speed! They will be sure to pick up talented and "athletic " players that VT, UVA, UR and JMU cannot accept onto their programs.

I admit I jumped the gun on ODU perceived skill level... But still hard for me to believe they beat Gardner-Webb next season like 89hen predicts...

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Oh no....Gardner Webb LOOKOUT!!!!xcoffeex Show me the Presbyterian score in a few weeks...
Will do. BTW, Brevard did beat Chowan this week, so at least there's still hope you were correct that they are stronger than ODU.

ODU 36 - Chowan 21
Brevard 27 - Chowan 24

What is your prediction for ODU @ Jacksonville in their first DI game this week?

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I admit I jumped the gun on ODU perceived skill level... But still hard for me to believe they beat Gardner-Webb next season like 89hen predicts...
Let's be clear here. For me to wager I'd have to like their chances, I do not predict anything yet. xpeacex

South Carolina Duke
September 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Did not mean to paint with such a broad brush, however, not all players are allowed to attend all schools. That is all.

OLDLCOACH111
September 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Will do. BTW, Brevard did beat Chowan this week, so at least there's still hope you were correct that they are stronger than ODU.

ODU 36 - Chowan 21
Brevard 27 - Chowan 24

What is your prediction for ODU @ Jacksonville in their first DI game this week?

Jacksonville D1 but non scholarship, They will have some decent skill players being in Florida... I predict close game, but Jacksonville wins...

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Did not mean to paint with such a broad brush, however, not all players are allowed to attend all schools. That is all.
AFAIK, UVA, VT, JMU, W&M don't have tighter requirements than ODU when it comes to football players. As tough as it is to get in UVA for a normal student, they bend over backwards for football players. What's amazing is they still suck. xoopsx

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Jacksonville D1 but non scholarship, They will have some decent skill players being in Florida... I predict close game, but Jacksonville wins...
The one thing you have to admit is ODU built what could be the best schedule for a first year team to try to succeed.

1. Home vs really bad team
2. Home vs bad team
3. Away vs non-schollie
4. Home vs NEC
5. Away vs Patriot
6. Home vs new SoCon
etc...

the ramp is very reasonable. 7 sold out home games at which they can entertain propects. If you're a kid in the HR area, you have to be giving strong consideration to staying home instead of going up the road to W&M, UR or JMU. xeyebrowx

OLDLCOACH111
September 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Let's be clear here. For me to wager I'd have to like their chances, I do not predict anything yet. xpeacex

I can respect your confidence.... I wouldn't take you with me to Vegas however ,:D

South Carolina Duke
September 14th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Agreed for some. Especially if you want to be sure to get playing time immediately.

OLDLCOACH111
September 14th, 2009, 11:47 AM
The one thing you have to admit is ODU built what could be the best schedule for a first year team to try to succeed.

1. Home vs really bad team
2. Home vs bad team
3. Away vs non-schollie
4. Home vs NEC
5. Away vs Patriot
6. Home vs new SoCon
etc...

the ramp is very reasonable. 7 sold out home games at which they can entertain propects. If you're a kid in the HR area, you have to be giving strong consideration to staying home instead of going up the road to W&M, UR or JMU. xeyebrowx

I agree, the scheduling is definitely in their favor as far as building a program, getting recruits, and receiving publicity. Yet it can also backfire because of lack of competition, and not knowing how good of a team they really are....

Prime example, Gardner Webb went 10-1 their first year of 1-AA football and won the conference title outright.... They still did not receive an at-large bid for the playoffs because of speculation about their schedule difficulty...

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Yet it can also backfire because of lack of competition, and not knowing how good of a team they really are....

Prime example, Gardner Webb went 10-1 their first year of 1-AA football and won the conference title outright.... They still did not receive an at-large bid for the playoffs because of speculation about their schedule difficulty...
I don't think ODU is thinking about playoffs until 2011>. I believe their schedule next year is all DI opponents.

89Hen
September 22nd, 2009, 01:12 PM
I prefer fitted caps. A nice red one maybe. xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

g-webb1994
September 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
I agree, the scheduling is definitely in their favor as far as building a program, getting recruits, and receiving publicity. Yet it can also backfire because of lack of competition, and not knowing how good of a team they really are....

Technically, 2000 was the first year of 1-AA/FCS classification for G-W, we weren't eligible for the playoff berth until the 2002 year. That 2000 year was when we shocked the heck out of a ranked New Hampshire up there late in the season, and may have cost them an at-large bid in the process.

The 10-1 2002 year is what you refer too, our first year of eligiblity for the playoffs, where our only loss a very bad one at Georgia Southern, which did us in even though we beat ETSU, Chatty, Florida International, and Morgan State that season.

As for ODU....I don't care about their schedule strength, etc. it is pretty impressive to me when any first-year program starts 3-0. That game up in Norfolk next year won't be a cupcake now.

Libertine
September 22nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
The 10-1 2002 year is what you refer too, our first year of eligiblity for the playoffs, where our only loss a very bad one at Georgia Southern, which did us in even though we beat ETSU, Chatty, Florida International, and Morgan State that season.

You guys were 9-1 that year. For whatever reason, you only played 10 games in 2002.
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/bigsouth/gardner_webb/yearly_results.php?year=2000

g-webb1994
September 22nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
You guys were 9-1 that year. For whatever reason, you only played 10 games in 2002.
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/bigsouth/gardner_webb/yearly_results.php?year=2000

yep, my bad, the ten game schedule killed our chances too that year, although the egg we laid at GSU was the ultimate downfall....

SCPALADIN
September 22nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
9/4/2010 BREVARD
9/11/2010 at Akron
9/18/2010 WESTERN CAROLINA
9/25/2010 at Sam Houston State
10/2/2010 at Old Dominion
10/9/2010 bye
10/16/2010 at Charleston Southern
10/23/2010 PRESBYTERIAN
10/30/2010 COASTAL CAROLINA
11/6/2010 at Liberty
11/13/2010 at Stony Brook
11/20/2010 VMI

The trip to the Rubber Bowl to face the Zips should be interesting....

Akron has a new, on-campus facility that looks quite nice. 33,000 seats, nice sight lines, VIP seats, etc.

The Rubber Bowl is no longer Akron's home stadium (thank God). It was Akron's home field since 1940 and was a few miles from campus. A great deal of my childhood was spent cheering on the Zips during the Gerry Faust era ('86-'94).
Akron now plays at InfoCision Stadium. It is an incredible 30,000 seat stadium right on campus. You won't be dissapointed. I was there for the opening game against Morgan State two weeks ago. I'll be there cheering on my Zips against G-W depending on Furman's home schedule.

g-webb1994
September 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
The Rubber Bowl is no longer Akron's home stadium (thank God). It was Akron's home field since 1940 and was a few miles from campus. A great deal of my childhood was spent cheering on the Zips during the Gerry Faust era ('86-'94).
Akron now plays at InfoCision Stadium. It is an incredible 30,000 seat stadium right on campus. You won't be dissapointed. I was there for the opening game against Morgan State two weeks ago. I'll be there cheering on my Zips against G-W depending on Furman's home schedule.

darn....I am heartbroken.....looks like a nice new facility though....only about an eight hour drive from here......wouldn't mind making the trip, I have a fellow alumnus and friends in Cleveland.

SCPALADIN
September 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
darn....I am heartbroken.....looks like a nice new facility though....only about an eight hour drive from here......wouldn't mind making the trip, I have a fellow alumnus and friends in Cleveland.

You shouldn't be heartbroken. The Rubber Bowl was/is a dump. Even the Akron H.S. City Series has abandoned it. InfoCision is a $60Million state of the art stadium and is now the pride of the MAC. The luxury suites and club seats are all covered and have access to a private "clubhouse" and concessions. Trust me, they're fantastic xthumbsupx. If it is a day game, wear plenty of sunscrean as the visitors section will be in direct sunlight the entire game...unless, of course, its a crappy NE Ohio day.

Here's a view from our seats before the game. Visitors section is on non pressbox side, lower left corner.

SCPALADIN
September 22nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
Champaigne was flowing xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Libertine
September 23rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
You shouldn't be heartbroken. The Rubber Bowl was/is a dump.

Quoted for truth. That was one of the worst facilities in all of college football.

89Hen
September 23rd, 2009, 08:02 AM
Champaigne was flowing xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx
Hey, what is that on their helmet now?

OLDLCOACH111
September 25th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I prefer fitted caps. A nice red one maybe. xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

Likewise but mine delaware blue..lol... 89 hen, your drinking the kool aid and not realizing that OD is playing the weakest schedule in the FCS, and barely winning.... Presbyterian, NC Central, and VMI will definitely put them in their place....

I would hate to say I told you so...:)

89Hen
September 26th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Presbyterian, NC Central, and VMI will definitely put them in their place....

You're 0 for 1 so far. xsmiley_wix

OLDLCOACH111
September 26th, 2009, 12:14 PM
You're 0 for 1 so far. xsmiley_wix

Keep Drinking the xrotatehxKool Aid....

OLDLCOACH111
October 3rd, 2009, 03:57 PM

89 Hen.... I'm a nice guy, so we can still call off the bet... The last two weeks haven't look that good for your ODU boys...:D

89Hen
October 3rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
89 Hen.... I'm a nice guy, so we can still call off the bet... The last two weeks haven't look that good for your ODU boys...:D
Too bad you're not playing them this year. xsmiley_wix

OLDLCOACH111
October 4th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Too bad you're not playing them this year. xsmiley_wix

This years is all I have to judge them , and all you have been bragging about... up until the last couple of weeks that is.... xcoolx

89Hen
October 12th, 2009, 02:25 PM
OD is playing the weakest schedule in the FCS, and barely winning.... Presbyterian, NC Central, and VMI will definitely put them in their place....

Old Dominion 34 - Presbyterian 16

ODU is now 1-0 vs the Big South. xsmiley_wix

EagleDawg
October 12th, 2009, 03:39 PM
And Presbyterian is 0-5. Until the BlueHose beat somebody, ODU's win doesn't say much about how they'll do against GW or anyone else in the Big South except for Presby. Sad, unfortunate but true. PC may not win a game this season but they'll get better in time, they have to. The odds are in their favor wouldn't you think?

89Hen
October 12th, 2009, 04:41 PM
And Presbyterian is 0-5. Until the BlueHose beat somebody, ODU's win doesn't say much about how they'll do against GW or anyone else in the Big South except for Presby.
You are correct, but it also says ODU wouldn't finish last in the BS. If ODU can beat VMI... then it's fair to say they'd be at worst a middle of the pack BS team. xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

g-webb1994
October 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
And Presbyterian is 0-5. Until the BlueHose beat somebody, ODU's win doesn't say much about how they'll do against GW or anyone else in the Big South except for Presby. Sad, unfortunate but true. PC may not win a game this season but they'll get better in time, they have to. The odds are in their favor wouldn't you think?

Don't know about you Eagle, but I hope PC has at least one win in the win column before G-W heads down to Clinton for the finale.

elcid83
October 13th, 2009, 07:38 AM
You are correct, but it also says ODU wouldn't finish last in the BS. If ODU can beat VMI... then it's fair to say they'd be at worst a middle of the pack BS team. xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

Hen, if Maypray is healthy ODU will have their hands full. If he is out of the picture like he was last week against Coastal Carolina, VMI doesn't have much to bring to the table.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

89Hen
October 19th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Old Dominion 28 - Campbell 17

Maybe a nice knit hat for winter golf. :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_B0n413cVMMI/STl1LbJv2zI/AAAAAAAAASo/P5zCm12QjAs/s200/GWU+baseball+knit+cap.jpg

89Hen
October 26th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Old Dominion 38 - Savannah State 17

I think I like the red ones in the middle...

http://www.gardner-webb.edu/pictures/style40/misc/cs-merch-hats.jpg

Monarch History
October 26th, 2009, 09:55 AM
As an ODU fan I'm enjoying this exchange between OLDLCOACH111 and 89Hen.xnodx

OLDLCOACH111
October 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Old Dominion 38 - Savannah State 17

I think I like the red ones in the middle...

http://www.gardner-webb.edu/pictures/style40/misc/cs-merch-hats.jpg

Great win vs Savannah State!!! xcoffeexxcoffeex

Lets be real... You can put ODU and the teams they beat this year together, and they still would lose to GWU... GWU high power offense would send ODU packing in the first half...

ODU is creating false hope by creating a schedule full of teams who should not even compete on the FCS level... Smart? yes, but you cannot compare Savannah state, Campbell, and chowan to GWU...

Not to mention ODU lost to two very mediocre teams in Monmouth and Fordham...

Next year will be fun!!!

xbandwagonxxbandwagonxxbandwagonx

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Great win vs Savannah State!!! xcoffeexxcoffeex

Lets be real... You can put ODU and the teams they beat this year together, and they still would lose to GWU... GWU high power offense would send ODU packing in the first half...

ODU is creating false hope by creating a schedule full of teams who should not even compete on the FCS level... Smart? yes, but you cannot compare Savannah state, Campbell, and chowan to GWU...

Not to mention ODU lost to two very mediocre teams in Monmouth and Fordham...

Next year will be fun!!!
xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

The 10/10/09 ODU game against Presbyterian will be my deciding factor...

Old Dominion 28 - Jacksonville 27

Old Dominion 42 - NC Central 28

Front right with the Runnin Bulldog would be fine.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_B0n413cVMMI/STl1Ub1FNgI/AAAAAAAAASw/SDUl8LIw1c8/s400/Display+2.JPG

g-webb1994
November 9th, 2009, 09:47 AM
xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Old Dominion 28 - Jacksonville 27

Old Dominion 42 - NC Central 28

Front right with the Runnin Bulldog would be fine.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_B0n413cVMMI/STl1Ub1FNgI/AAAAAAAAASw/SDUl8LIw1c8/s400/Display+2.JPG

What coach, you're not going with the camo?xlolx

89Hen
November 23rd, 2009, 10:50 PM

I honestly do hate to keep dragging it up, but I need to keep this thread alive so I can collect the bet next year. :)

elcid83
December 15th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Not a bad schedule. I'd trade the Brevard game for any Southern Conference team to see where we are, but that's not a bad schedule.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

It appears that my request has come true. W. Carolina is reporting their 2010 schedule and their 1st game of the season is 9/4/10 at Gardner-Webb.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs021.snc3/10832_1168787373854_1053041569_30456577_8280616_n. jpg

nwFL Griz
December 16th, 2009, 07:38 AM
It appears that my request has come true. W. Carolina is reporting their 2010 schedule and their 1st game of the season is 9/4/10 at Gardner-Webb.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs021.snc3/10832_1168787373854_1053041569_30456577_8280616_n. jpg

You all already had WCU on the schedule, it's just been moved from Sep 18 to Sep 4, leaving you with an opening on Sep 18. Maybe the Brevard game will be on the 18th, or maybe a new opponent?

elcid83
December 16th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I noticed that after I made my post. I'm hopeful it's not Brevard. Playing a DII school does nothing to get our boys prepared to play in the Big South.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs001.snc3/10832_1191212014456_1053041569_30507400_5703325_n. jpg

g-webb1994
December 16th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Exactly elcid......maybe we can slip in another FBS game, even if on back to back weeks?

Breaking in a new QB in that opener will be a bit trickier now, but so be it, it would be refreshing to not see a D-2 or NAIA team on the schedule.

drm7336
December 16th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I'll see what I can find out tonight.

GridFan
December 16th, 2009, 06:51 PM
From what I was told earlier this evening, the WCU-GWU game is still scheduled for September 18, and Brevard for September 4. Some wires got crossed in Catamount land. A few more dates on that WCU schedule don't jive either with other schools they're playing.

Weird.

The Cats
December 16th, 2009, 07:12 PM
From what I was told earlier this evening, the WCU-GWU game is still scheduled for September 18, and Brevard for September 4. Some wires got crossed in Catamount land. A few more dates on that WCU schedule don't jive either with other schools they're playing.

Weird.

http://www.catamountsports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/wcar-m-footbl-sched.html

Western Carolina, Dennis Wagner Announce 2010 Catamount Football Schedule

Dec. 15, 2009

Cullowhee, N.C. - Five home dates including the 35th edition of the "Battle for the Old Mountain Jug" against Appalachian State on October 2 highlight the 2010 Western Carolina Catamount football schedule released today by head coach Dennis Wagner.

http://www.catamountsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121509aah.html

ASU_Fanatic
December 16th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Nice schedule! The Akron trip could be fun.

89Hen
October 3rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
Could be the longest bet in AGS history, but I'll be looking for my G-W cap in the mail from either oldcoach or elcid. xcoolx