PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Scroll

Redbird Ray
September 4th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'll probably catch hell for posting this, but did anyone watching the games on ESPN last night notice how infrequent the non-BCS/FCS scores came across the scroll?

I know there were MLB games with playoff implications and pre-season NFL games, but was it really necessary to advertise every Weekend BCS conference game in major detail? I think the ISU/EIU game may have been on the scroll 3 or 4 times the entire SC/NCst. game. It just seemed a lot more infrequent to me, and I hope this doesn't continue Sat.

ASU_MBA
September 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I did see the huge RB for Oregon LeGarrette "Lights Out" Blount lay the smack down on some trash talking boise state player...sorta of sucker punch but still pretty funny....that guy dropped to his knees...

CrackerRiley
September 4th, 2009, 09:05 AM
That's they way they have always done the bottomline. You will see the major conferences and scores every time it repeats but other "smaller" scores come by every other time or so.

zymergy
September 4th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I did see the huge RB for Oregon LeGarrette "Lights Out" Blount lay the smack down on some trash talking boise state player...sorta of sucker punch but still pretty funny....that guy dropped to his knees...

You found that funny? If he sees the field again on any college team then I've lost all respect of the NCAA. No matter what the Boise St. guy said that was totally uncalled for and he should be sent packing.

ASU_MBA
September 4th, 2009, 09:16 AM
You found that funny? If he sees the field again on any college team then I've lost all respect of the NCAA. No matter what the Boise St. guy said that was totally uncalled for and he should be sent packing.

Funny because it was absolutely crazy.....

In the you got jacked up sorta funny...but yes I think they should throw the book at the guy....

89Hen
September 4th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I'll probably catch hell for posting this, but did anyone watching the games on ESPN last night notice how infrequent the non-BCS/FCS scores came across the scroll?
Could be worse. They could make a mistake like this in a recap...

Villanova had dropped five straight against Division I teams and its last victory over a Division I team was in 2003, a 23-20 win over Temple in double overtime.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292460218

Uncle Buck
September 4th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Funny because it was absolutely crazy.....

In the you got jacked up sorta funny...but yes I think they should throw the book at the guy....

I totally agree that the kid's college playing days are over, at least for this year (not sure if he's a senior). What he did was incredibly stupid and embarrassed himself, the coaches, the program and the school.

With that said though, he did put that hook right on the button and dropped that guy. I laughed out loud, hopefully the kid is alright though.

MSUfan2010
September 4th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Could be worse. They could make a mistake like this in a recap...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292460218

That isn't ESPN's fault, that article was done by the AP

Ivytalk
September 4th, 2009, 12:32 PM
That's they way they have always done the bottomline. You will see the major conferences and scores every time it repeats but other "smaller" scores come by every other time or so.

I think it's even rarer: maybe every third time. xsmhx

NHwildEcat
September 4th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I totally agree that the kid's college playing days are over, at least for this year (not sure if he's a senior). What he did was incredibly stupid and embarrassed himself, the coaches, the program and the school.

With that said though, he did put that hook right on the button and dropped that guy. I laughed out loud, hopefully the kid is alright though.

Yup...he was a Senior...kids playing days should be done!

SCPALADIN
September 4th, 2009, 12:39 PM
The scroll is a joke. I've been so annoyed with it before that I've actually taped a strip of cardboard to the bottom of my screen. The "Four-letter" inhales vigorously!

Uncle Buck
September 4th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Yup...he was a Senior...kids playing days should be done!

Well, it's a crappy way to end your career but man, you have to keep your cool even when emotions are high. Then to make it worse, the kid goes after fans that were getting on him.

Sorry, don't want to hijack the thread

PhoenixSupreme
September 4th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I think it's even rarer: maybe every third time. xsmhx

Actually I've noticed that they scroll the FCS (and smaller conferences every other time through. The only reason that it doesn't appear that way is because they reset the scroll every time they go to and from commercial, meaning there has to be at lot of continuous footage to actually get to see the scores.