PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga Attendance Tonight

chattanoogamocs
September 3rd, 2009, 10:09 PM
SoCon fans know how bad the attendance has been for Chattanooga...6 wins in the last 3 years will do that to you.

Tonight's attendance for game one of the Russ Huesman/BJ Coleman era...14,002

(and it was a legit 14,000...of which about 2,000 were students...and the entire student section stood the whole game, well, for at least 3 1/2 quarters)

Not sure how many notches Huesman's Mocs can put in the left hand column this year, but he has certainly rejuvenated the fan base in Chattanooga and that is half the battle. You could tell the team was stoked by the crowd.

(though it is duly noted that a Thursday night game with no competition from Knoxville helped, but I think you still might see as many as 8-10K for Furman next Saturday...especially if the weather is nice)

All in all...a nice day to be a Moc. ...and those have been pretty rare the last decade.

Gringer1
September 3rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
I'm sure this was a good day to be out there. A rejuvenated fan base is a key component to building a team. Just don't let them turn on the coach if this season is another bumpy one. It'll take some time and it's too early to call it yet, but I think Huesman's going to do fine in Chatty.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 3rd, 2009, 10:13 PM
Nice to hear, but I'm actually more impressed with the score.

I didn't listen to the game or watch it, but just from looking at the score it seems that UTC will be significantly better than a lot of us thought they would. Glenville State is certainly one of the better DII teams and they gave Liberty a better game than Elon did last year. Zero days off in the SoCon this year. :(

andy7171
September 3rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Nice work Mocs!

KiddBrewer
September 3rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
I DONT BELIEVE IT!?!?!

nice work!!!!

JaxSinfonian
September 3rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
That would be a big turnaround from my last trip to Finley, C'mocs. Glad to hear about it. I would like to see a lot more filled seats the next time we visit you up there, in '11 I expect.

PaladinFan
September 3rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
Hope it takes you a few weeks to figure it out. See ya next week.

chattanoogamocs
September 3rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
Mocs looked tough the first 3 quarters...got it up to 28-0 and then kinda eased off.

Though that is not to give credit to GSC, they earned their two late scores...Mocs still have a long way to go on defense. The secondary is good and broke up a number of passes, but obviously, if they are making the tackles (especially on runs), you are giving up first downs.

The best play of the night was when they got their first score, the Mocs blocked the extra point and returned it for 2 points...it was an ESPN highlight with a lateral from a lineman, a guy who dropped it and managed to pick it back up...and a sideline to sideline run...the total distance was about 125 yards.

Obviously, the crowd went nuts.

Skjellyfetti
September 3rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
Congrats, Mocs.

Looks like BJ Coleman's got some good stuff and nice way to start the Huesman era.

chattanoogamocs
September 3rd, 2009, 11:09 PM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2095806&id=56709316#/photo.php?pid=32960738&id=56709316

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2095806&id=56709316#/photo.php?pid=32960739&id=56709316

DX Man
September 4th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Congratulations on the attendance and your first win of the seasonxthumbsupx

chattanoogamocs
September 4th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Congrats, Mocs.

Looks like BJ Coleman's got some good stuff and nice way to start the Huesman era.

250 yards passing with a TD and no INTs...not too shabby for a sophomore in his first collegiate start. Just need more depth on the line to protect him longer.

Purple Knight
September 4th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Way to go Mocs. The win, the attendance, both good for SoCon football.

OL FU
September 4th, 2009, 06:18 AM
SoCon fans know how bad the attendance has been for Chattanooga...6 wins in the last 3 years will do that to you.

Tonight's attendance for game one of the Russ Huesman/BJ Coleman era...14,002

(and it was a legit 14,000...of which about 2,000 were students...and the entire student section stood the whole game, well, for at least 3 1/2 quarters)

Not sure how many notches Huesman's Mocs can put in the left hand column this year, but he has certainly rejuvenated the fan base in Chattanooga and that is half the battle. You could tell the team was stoked by the crowd.

(though it is duly noted that a Thursday night game with no competition from Knoxville helped, but I think you still might see as many as 8-10K for Furman next Saturday...especially if the weather is nice)

All in all...a nice day to be a Moc. ...and those have been pretty rare the last decade.

Very good to hearxthumbsupx

ur2k
September 4th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Congrats, you guys got a great coach in Huesman - we hated to see him go. Will Healy will turn out to be a great coach too.