PDA

View Full Version : The MAC v The MVFC....Who's Better

Cap'n Cat
September 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
xconfusedx

Seems like the MAC can't beat many of the Valley teams. Anyone know the overall record?

I know UNI has beaten Ball State and Eastern Michigan......

:D:D:D:D:D

JackTwice
September 3rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
NDSU has hung it on a few MAC teams I was thinking Ball State and Central Michigan.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2009, 09:11 PM
NDSU has hung it on a few MAC teams I was thinking Ball State and Central Michigan.

Beat Central Michigan the year they won the MAC, 44-14. NDSU was not a member of the MVFC though.

achrist70
September 3rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
UNI has also beaten Ohio.

SIUallDay
September 3rd, 2009, 11:06 PM
In the past SIU has beaten NIU in 2007 and had a 3 point loss to EMU in 2002, a 1 point loss tot NIU in 2004, and a loss by a touchdown to WMU in 2005....all three of those losses we should have won

But I'd say the Valley the better conference....

strike00
September 3rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
UNI is 3-0, beating Ohio, Eastern Michigan, and Ball State since 1985. Don't know before that.

TheBisonator
September 3rd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Like what was said earlier, NDSU is 2-0 with wins over Ball State and Central Michigan. I think the only thing the MAC has over us is that the Valley has Indiana State, and you know what they did last week...xnonono2x

TheBisonator
September 3rd, 2009, 11:14 PM
In the past SIU has beaten NIU in 2007 and had a 3 point loss to EMU in 2002, a 1 point loss tot NIU in 2004, and a loss by a touchdown to WMU in 2005....all three of those losses we should have won

But I'd say the Valley the better conference....

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

leatherneck177
September 3rd, 2009, 11:22 PM
The Necks have beaten NIU 3 out of the last 4. They have also won at EMU (2003) and at Ball State (2000). I'd love to see WIU get the W at NIU this year as well. It will be an interesting game next week. I am not really sure what to think of this year's team. They had some first game jitters, but overall a win on the road is nice.

TheBisonator
September 3rd, 2009, 11:35 PM
From the replies, it looks like the Valley has dominated the MAC this decade.

BDKJMU
September 4th, 2009, 02:27 AM
From the replies, it looks like the Valley has dominated the MAC this decade.

Oh come on, no I-AA conference has a winning record over a I-A conference.xrolleyesx Remember, it was 85-2 last season, and the I-As have won about 91% of the matchups this decade. I just went and looked at the last 6 seasons (02'-08') for every MAC team and their overall record against the OVC/MVFC (including NDSU and SDSU) over those 6 seasons and its 12-5.

Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Ohio U, and Temple didn't have a game vs an OVC/MVFC

-Ball State beat Ind St twice, lost to NDSU
-Cental Michigan lost to NDSU
-Eastern Michigan beat SIU, beat Ind St, lost to WIU
-Kent State beat YSU
-Miami of Ohio beat Ind St
-Northern Ill beat Ind St twice, won one of 2 vs SIU, and lost WIU
-Toledo beat WIU
-W Mich beat Ind St and SIU

If you remove Ind St its 5-5. Sure, I could have missed one or 2 since I was skimming. But to say the MVFC has dominated the MAC this decade is ridiculous.

The schedules for the teams in both conferences going back to 02' can be found here:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/teams

Redbird Ray
September 4th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I'd say in most years, the leagues are pretty even. I kind of wish the MAC would move to FCS or the Valley would move to FBS and we could have a head to head league challenge every year (dream scenario).

DOME
September 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I just hope the MVC fares well against the Big 10 this weekend!

GannonFan
September 4th, 2009, 10:58 AM
The MAC has seen better days. Right now, no way is the MAC any better than the MVFC.

EmeryZach
September 4th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I still think the MAC has better overall talent. I'm not saying that MVFC teams can't compete, because they obviously have and can, but the MAC is still the better conference.

The real question is who is better, MVFC or SunBelt. xthumbsupx

UNI Pike
September 4th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Is that really a question?

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 4th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Oh come on, no I-AA conference has a winning record over a I-A conference.xrolleyesx Remember, it was 85-2 last season, and the I-As have won about 91% of the matchups this decade. I just went and looked at the last 6 seasons (02'-08') for every MAC team and their overall record against the OVC/MVFC (including NDSU and SDSU) over those 6 seasons and its 12-5.

Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Ohio U, and Temple didn't have a game vs an OVC/MVFC

-Ball State beat Ind St twice, lost to NDSU
-Cental Michigan lost to NDSU
-Eastern Michigan beat SIU, beat Ind St, lost to WIU
-Kent State beat YSU
-Miami of Ohio beat Ind St
-Northern Ill beat Ind St twice, won one of 2 vs SIU, and lost WIU
-Toledo beat WIU
-W Mich beat Ind St and SIU

If you remove Ind St its 5-5. Sure, I could have missed one or 2 since I was skimming. But to say the MVFC has dominated the MAC this decade is ridiculous.

The schedules for the teams in both conferences going back to 02' can be found here:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/teams

Ind St has 7 of the 12 losses......Ouch

UNI Pike
September 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM
If Indiana State only lost 7 out of 12 games (any season), the champagne would be flowing.

BearsCountry
September 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Our old friends in WKU can tell you which is the better league. One game a season is a different story than playing 12. The extra schollys would make a difference throughout the year.

catdaddy2402
September 4th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I still think the MAC has better overall talent. I'm not saying that MVFC teams can't compete, because they obviously have and can, but the MAC is still the better conference.

The real question is who is better, MVFC or SunBelt. xthumbsupx

Honestly, you can make the argument that the past couple of years the Sun Belt has been better than the MAC.