PDA

View Full Version : ccu 0 kent state 2 half

kirkblitz
September 3rd, 2009, 07:19 PM
ccu is losing kent state 2-0 at half after missing a fg. kent state is FBS if you didnt know!

wilddog96
September 3rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Lets go CCU. Go Big South.

StrikeJMU
September 3rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
ccu is losing kent state 2-0 at half after missing a fg. kent state is FBS if you didnt know!

I don't even think Kent State knows.

dgreco
September 3rd, 2009, 07:22 PM
very impressive first half by the chickens!

appmaj
Lets go beach chickens!!! Would love a FCS win.

FCS_pwns_FBS

xnonono2x
xbangxxbangxxbangx

MaximumBobcat
September 3rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
kick a fg....

3-2 win over kent st would be awesome

kirkblitz
September 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
stats

http://www.kentstatesports.com/newLiveStats/Football/index.html?GAME_STAT_ID=440863&db_oem_id=11400

ccu 118 yrds to 240

pass 57 to 153
rush 61 to 87
turnovers 1 to 1
3rd down 1-7 to 1-8

bodoyle
September 3rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
For what it matters the fg we tried was 43 yards and he had the leg, it was just wide left.

bodoyle
September 3rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
1st HALF THOUGHTS:

Tremendous defense overall
The 4th and 1 when we went for it was huge.
Frazier early on was reminding me of Tolbert
The offense has been doing a good job of letting the d get some rest
I hate the fact that we are giving so much cushion to their WRs. That's why they are running screens on us
I have no clue why we handed off after we got the pic deep in our own territory
The pass interference call against kent was the right call he grabbed our WR from behind
We need to roll ZMac out more to let him use his legs
That blocked FG was HUGE!!!

kirkblitz
September 3rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
agreed that run in the endzone was a bad call.

kirkblitz
September 3rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
forced to punt from our 4. kent state 9-0 7 to go in the 3rd

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Video of the game, if anyone is interested, is $8 and comes from All MAC-Cess:

http://livegames.mac-sports.com/

PS. Let's go Beach Chickens!

bodoyle
September 3rd, 2009, 08:14 PM
END OF 3

Still 9-0 kent

our d is doing great. the offense gets going we have a chance for the upset.

kirkblitz
September 3rd, 2009, 08:22 PM
Bennett tossed the towel in. running on 3rd and 15 in our own 30. semms like last year when we had 6 qb draws in a row.

16-0

kirkblitz
September 3rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
18-0 another safety.

**** u bennett and **** your ****ty o coordinator. I love the run every 2 out of 3 plays when your down 16 points. you da man!

kirkblitz
September 3rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
final 18-0

bodoyle
September 3rd, 2009, 08:56 PM
Defense played great. If they keep that up, we will be in every game. If we have any semblance of an offense we could be really good.

ASU_MBA
September 3rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
yikes shut out by Kent State....what is up with the O at CCU....I remember Bennett from his Catawba days and the play calling was pretty predictable...is it still so? It was run first down...run second down...throw on 3rd....then every once in a while a deep pass on 1st.

Looks like the D played well...sorry about the lose....I was pulling for you guys.

g-webb1994
September 3rd, 2009, 10:43 PM
Not an embarrasment, the shutout has to sting a bit though. Nice defensive play.

kirkblitz
September 3rd, 2009, 10:45 PM
yikes shut out by Kent State....what is up with the O at CCU....I remember Bennett from his Catawba days and the play calling was pretty predictable...is it still so? It was run first down...run second down...throw on 3rd....then every once in a while a deep pass on 1st.

Looks like the D played well...sorry about the lose....I was pulling for you guys.

happened last year as well. our O has been down since 2006 when it was 2nd in the nation. We cant play anymore and yes it was VERY predictable. I just dont understand running the whole 2nd half when your down on the road against a FBS team. I think he was playing to keep it close, not win xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

ASU_MBA
September 3rd, 2009, 11:17 PM
happened last year as well. our O has been down since 2006 when it was 2nd in the nation. We cant play anymore and yes it was VERY predictable. I just dont understand running the whole 2nd half when your down on the road against a FBS team. I think he was playing to keep it close, not win xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

Hard to replace Thigpen and Simpson I guess....it is also hard to run against a FBS school...if there is one difference in the level at any program is usually size...can't expect to go in and push most FBS schools around...Do you think recruiting has been a problem for CCU? You guys started your program off with such a bang and the past two years have not been what the fans would expect.

we have are hands full on Sat with a huge ECU dline....should be interesting... xrolleyesx

kirkblitz
September 4th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Hard to replace Thigpen and Simpson I guess....it is also hard to run against a FBS school...if there is one difference in the level at any program is usually size...can't expect to go in and push most FBS schools around...Do you think recruiting has been a problem for CCU? You guys started your program off with such a bang and the past two years have not been what the fans would expect.

we have are hands full on Sat with a huge ECU dline....should be interesting... xrolleyesx

i dont think recruiting is the problem, i think its the people leading them that dont know how to utilize their talents. Except in kicking, our recruiting sucks there xbawlingx