PDA

View Full Version : Towson Football in the Baltimore Sun

andy7171
September 3rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Nice local coverage! This author is a complete tool. Feel free to leave a comment. xrolleyesx

Towson talking like Tigers
New coach, players show new attitude as season begins

Towson hits the road Saturday with a new coach, a freshman quarterback, a past strewn with losses and a defense that last year ranked among the worst in college football. And that's the good news.

First up is Northwestern - yes, that Northwestern - a bowl-savvy, lip-smacking Big Ten team whose scrubs might give Towson fits.

Is this how Rob Ambrose pictured his debut as Towson's head coach?

"Sure, why not?" Ambrose said of the mismatch-to-be. "I was never big on putting one toe in the pool. If you want to learn to swim, jump in the deep end."

Most expect Towson to belly-flop. Last year, the Tigers (3-9) played their first major college team ever and were thrashed by Navy, 41-13. And Northwestern? The Wildcats went 9-4 before losing in overtime to Missouri, 30-23, in the Alamo Bowl.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bal-sp.towson03sep03,0,1895139.story

Go...gate
September 3rd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Nice local coverage! This author is a complete tool. Feel free to leave a comment. xrolleyesx

Towson talking like Tigers
New coach, players show new attitude as season begins

Towson hits the road Saturday with a new coach, a freshman quarterback, a past strewn with losses and a defense that last year ranked among the worst in college football. And that's the good news.

First up is Northwestern - yes, that Northwestern - a bowl-savvy, lip-smacking Big Ten team whose scrubs might give Towson fits.

Is this how Rob Ambrose pictured his debut as Towson's head coach?

"Sure, why not?" Ambrose said of the mismatch-to-be. "I was never big on putting one toe in the pool. If you want to learn to swim, jump in the deep end."

Most expect Towson to belly-flop. Last year, the Tigers (3-9) played their first major college team ever and were thrashed by Navy, 41-13. And Northwestern? The Wildcats went 9-4 before losing in overtime to Missouri, 30-23, in the Alamo Bowl.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bal-sp.towson03sep03,0,1895139.story

What a lot of bull...t.

Go get the Wildcats, Tigers!! Kick azz and take some names in Evanston!

andy7171
September 3rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
I'm sure the JMU, UR and UD ect fellas will get a kick out of his (unessicary) "unhearlded CAA" commentary.

aust42
September 3rd, 2009, 04:08 PM
Go Towson! Bring yet ANOTHER CAA victory over a BCS Conference school.

93henfan
September 3rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
Is this the same fool that flared up last year about FCS?

andy7171
September 3rd, 2009, 08:15 PM
The Sun is a waste of a paper her in Baltimore, almost out of business. But the disrespect in this artic;le is outrageuous.

A comment from my AGS brothern would be nice to boost interest, as far as the Sun is concerned.

...I'm not saying we have half a chance against Northwestern, but new coach, new outlook, and they trash us...

F them....

....positive responces to the article, too. I don't want this being a dumping ground responce. But more positive I-AA/FCS/Towson support would do WONDEROUS good.

AGS helps us!