PDA

View Full Version : Tweeting The Villanova Temple Game

Hoyadestroya85
September 3rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
I've decided that i'm going to give twitter updates for the game tonight whenever something i deem awesome happens. Considering Temple was too stupid to put this game on a day where TV was an impossibility, this may be some people's best opportunity. So here it is: www.twitter.com/TheFoyeEffect

BEAR
September 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Is that legal? xlolx Oh wait, you'e only posting what you consider significant..not the whole game. xthumbsupxxlolx

GeauxColonels
September 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Didn't I read something not long ago that talked about the NCAA trying to prevent people from tweeting at the games? I can't imagine how they would be able to enforce this at smaller stadiums (12,000 people), much less bigger BCS stadiums (90,000+).

813Jag
September 3rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
Didn't I read something not long ago that talked about the NCAA trying to prevent people from tweeting at the games? I can't imagine how they would be able to enforce this at smaller stadiums (12,000 people), much less bigger BCS stadiums (90,000+).
I know the SEC was trying to do that. I'll be tweeting from the Wofford/USF game.

BEAR
September 3rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
I think the NCAA is worried about people not coming out to the games if they can get their info about the game from other media sources.

Scenario:

I'm at a football game. I tweet every play and details with it.

You're at home reading my twitter page.

Um....that's what I call entertainment! xlolx I can see why the NCAA is worried. Imagine someone with internet TV constantly refreshing that twittering in hi-def. xlolx

Dukie95
September 3rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Twitter has grown so much since last football season. People have been using twitter throughout this baseball season so much that mlb has integrated twitter conversations into their mlb.tv and gameday applications.

I'm very interested to see how Twitter will be used with football which stands to put much more of a strain on the Twitter infrastructure than baseball has.

By the way, I intend to tweet quite a bit about about my game day experince at JMU games using hashtag #jmufb.

GeauxColonels
September 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM
I know the SEC was trying to do that. I'll be tweeting from the Wofford/USF game.
Maybe that's what I read. I still don't understand the issue they have with Twitter.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Come on Nova...get the FCS versus FBS series for the year started right.

JmuSkinsfan
September 3rd, 2009, 05:59 PM
For those interested, I'm going to be live-tweeting updates from all but 3 JMU games this year (Umass, Hofstra, Delaware I won't be attending).

Twitter: JMULive

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 3rd, 2009, 06:13 PM
My browser blocks the site that for the radio station that broadcasts Nova's games.