PDA

View Full Version : TSN: Top 25 Previews

smallcollegefbfan
September 3rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
He picks App, Villanova, Richmond, and Weber State to knock off FBS teams. I think Villanova has a shot but will lose a close one. The others I just don't see happening this year. ASU without AE, Duke is going to be better, and I think Wyoming has enough talent to beat Weber by 10-17 points. What do you guys think?

Around FCS: Top 25 Previews

by Brett Kahn, FCS Assistant

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Here are the top 25 games and other selected matchups for week one.

THURSDAY NIGHT'S GAMES

No. 5 Villanova (0-0) at Temple (0-0)

Crosstown rivals with high expectations for the 2009 season meet for the first time since 2003 at Lincoln Financial Stadium with the newly-christened Mayor's Cup on the line.

Villanova took the contest 23-20 in double overtime, after the Wildcats added two field goals in the last four minutes of regulation to spoil the Owls' first home game at Lincoln Financial Stadium.

Six years later both teams are vastly improved, with Villanova gearing up for Colonial Athletic Association and FCS title runs and Temple hoping for its first bowl appearance since 1979.

The Wildcats return 15 starters from last year's playoff team including quarterback Chris Whitney, who replaced Antwon Young after the Penn game and threw for 1,448 yards and 10 TDs. Running back Aaron Ball (1,073 yards rushing, 5.0 average, 13 TDs) and receivers Matt Szczur (32 catches, 16.0 average, four TDs) and Brandyn Harvey (43 catches, 12.8 average, three TDs) are also threats in this potent offense.

Buck Buchanan Award nominee Osayi Osunde (75 tackles, five tackles for loss) leads a defense that ranked 26th nationally. Tim Kukucka and Phil Matusz anchor a stout defensive line, but the Wildcats will need a significant contribution from defensive end transfer Mario Johnson (College of San Francisco) and improvement from a secondary that gave up too many big plays last season.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4251423

OL FU
September 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Go Southern Illinoisxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxh urrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhur rayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

eaglewraith
September 3rd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Uh we didn't lose to the Citadel in OT...we beat them. We did lose to Elon in the last seconds on a field goal. Also, our losses to App, Elon, and Wofford were by a combined 4 points, not 5.

Mountaineer#96
September 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
In all honesty he really is an ASU homer, since when I played he was at EVERY practice.....now I know he was reporting for the local media but seriously....

dgreco
September 3rd, 2009, 11:41 AM
way too many FCS over FBS games in those predicitions. Some I can see, but others idk...

UNCBears2010
September 3rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
way too many FCS over FBS games in those predicitions. Some I can see, but others idk...

Like Appy over ECU? The Pirates are a quality team, and if App doesn't have Edwards, it'll be very tough for them to win.

danefan
September 3rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
In all honesty he really is an ASU homer, since when I played he was at EVERY practice.....now I know he was reporting for the local media but seriously....

FYI - Colson didn't write the predictions. Brett Kahn (FCS Assistant fka FCS Intern) did

smallcollegefbfan
September 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM

I think out of the ones he predicts that only one will happen. Temple is not as bad as he thinks.