PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-5

JALMOND
September 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Ready for some football. All Big Sky teams except for Northern Arizona play on Saturday. I need a perfect weekend to get the year off right and improve on the 15 games I missed last year. It appears that this should be a perfect week, but week 1 is always scary as you don't really know for sure. Still, here they are...

Western Oregon @ EWU---Eagles start the probation year by entertaining the DII Wolves. Western Oregon has played FCS competition before so they will not be imtimidated. Eagles have quite a team coming back so there should still be no problem...EWU 38, Western Oregon 14.

ISU @ Arizona State---Bengals have improved, which may be an understatement from where they were last year. Still, having to play a strong team like the Sun Devils is a tall order for anyone. A gallant effort, but Arizona State in the end...Arizona State 49, ISU 10.

Western State @ UM---A pretty bad DII team going into Wash-Griz and face a pretty good FCS team. Somehow, I can't shake Dierks Bentley's song "What Was I Thinkin'" out of my head. Still, there should be many little white tank tops out there...UM 55, Western State 3.

MSU @ Michigan State---Bobcats won't shy away from anyone, which is good as they head to East Lansing to face a good Spartan squad. This Spartan team is forecasted to be in the top tier in the Big 10, which means that they are much better than the Minnesota team the Bobcats faced last year...Michigan State 35, MSU 10.

UNC @ Kansas---Hoping for a breakthrough year, the Bears find themselves going to start the year at Kansas, a sleeper pick in the Big 12 this year. This is not your father's Kansas football team, and the Bears are hoping for good things this year, too. Still, a top Big 12 against the Big Sky?...Kansas 48, UNC 17.

PSU @ Oregon State---Glanville gets his wish as the Vikings open at Oregon State. The Beavers have an inexperienced secondary which should play right in to the Vikings run and shoot offense. However, the Beavers offense is deadly. Is it over?...Oregon State 52, PSU 17.

Sac State @ UNLV---Hillard's out for the year, yet the Hornets are hoping for a great year. The Rebels are pretty similar to Colorado State last year, a team that the Hornets gave all they could handle before letting it slip away in the last seconds. Once again, close but...UNLV 27, Sac State 21.

WSU @ Wyoming---Wildcats are loaded and head to Wyoming for a date against the FBS Cowboys. A bunch returning, the Wildcats hope to surprise a team ranked near the bottom of the FBS rankings. Still, the Cowboys win with defense and Wildcat fans can remember how ugly games can be winning with defense...Wyoming 20, WSU 10.

catbob
September 2nd, 2009, 06:34 PM
Spot on. :)

gbhmt
September 2nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Same except I'd have Weber beating Wyoming by a field goal.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 2nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
I can't argue much with your calls Jalmond. I do know I am ready for some DAMMMMMMM FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:Dxthumbsupx

CopperCat
September 2nd, 2009, 11:27 PM
Nice work J. Looks right on.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 3rd, 2009, 08:45 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4439348

Does tihs increase ISU's chances? Change the score? Prolly not........

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Plain: My picks posted on CS.com
Bold: Actual score

EWU 51, Western Oregon 13.
EWU 35, Western Oregon 14.
Arizona State 52, ISU 0.
Arizona State 50, ISU 3.
UM 55, Western State 3.
UM 38, Western State 0.
Michigan State 42, MSU 17.
Michigan State 44, MSU 3.
Kansas 48, UNC 3
Kansas 49, UNC 3
Oregon State 52, PSU 14.
Oregon State 34, PSU 7.
UNLV 27, Sac State 21.
UNLV 38, Sac State 3.
Wyoming 31, WSU 28
Wyoming 29, WSU 22

Pretty damn close, I'd say. 8-0 ;)

JALMOND
September 6th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Ready for some football. All Big Sky teams except for Northern Arizona play on Saturday. I need a perfect weekend to get the year off right and improve on the 15 games I missed last year. It appears that this should be a perfect week, but week 1 is always scary as you don't really know for sure. Still, here they are...

Western Oregon @ EWU---Eagles start the probation year by entertaining the DII Wolves. Western Oregon has played FCS competition before so they will not be imtimidated. Eagles have quite a team coming back so there should still be no problem...EWU 38, Western Oregon 14.

ISU @ Arizona State---Bengals have improved, which may be an understatement from where they were last year. Still, having to play a strong team like the Sun Devils is a tall order for anyone. A gallant effort, but Arizona State in the end...Arizona State 49, ISU 10.

Western State @ UM---A pretty bad DII team going into Wash-Griz and face a pretty good FCS team. Somehow, I can't shake Dierks Bentley's song "What Was I Thinkin'" out of my head. Still, there should be many little white tank tops out there...UM 55, Western State 3.

MSU @ Michigan State---Bobcats won't shy away from anyone, which is good as they head to East Lansing to face a good Spartan squad. This Spartan team is forecasted to be in the top tier in the Big 10, which means that they are much better than the Minnesota team the Bobcats faced last year...Michigan State 35, MSU 10.

UNC @ Kansas---Hoping for a breakthrough year, the Bears find themselves going to start the year at Kansas, a sleeper pick in the Big 12 this year. This is not your father's Kansas football team, and the Bears are hoping for good things this year, too. Still, a top Big 12 against the Big Sky?...Kansas 48, UNC 17.

PSU @ Oregon State---Glanville gets his wish as the Vikings open at Oregon State. The Beavers have an inexperienced secondary which should play right in to the Vikings run and shoot offense. However, the Beavers offense is deadly. Is it over?...Oregon State 52, PSU 17.

Sac State @ UNLV---Hillard's out for the year, yet the Hornets are hoping for a great year. The Rebels are pretty similar to Colorado State last year, a team that the Hornets gave all they could handle before letting it slip away in the last seconds. Once again, close but...UNLV 27, Sac State 21.

WSU @ Wyoming---Wildcats are loaded and head to Wyoming for a date against the FBS Cowboys. A bunch returning, the Wildcats hope to surprise a team ranked near the bottom of the FBS rankings. Still, the Cowboys win with defense and Wildcat fans can remember how ugly games can be winning with defense...Wyoming 20, WSU 10.

Perfect 8-0 after the first week. I need to work on the point spread (actual was 55 points too short, meaning I gave the conference more credit for keeping the games close than I should).

Native
September 6th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Perfect 8-0 after the first week. I need to work on the point spread (actual was 55 points too short, meaning I gave the conference more credit for keeping the games close than I should).

Nicely done, JALMOND! Do you use any of the rating services to approximate your point spreads?

JALMOND
September 6th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Nicely done, JALMOND! Do you use any of the rating services to approximate your point spreads?

No. Everything regarding the rankings and the predictions are totally my own. No outside services utilized (I am quite naive to think I don't need them:D).