PDA

View Full Version : Possible Crazy scenarios in the SoCon this year

drpnut
September 2nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
I'm bored... and at lunch today I thought of a couple of crazy scenarios that could happen...

GaSouth finishes 6-2 in SoCon and looses their 3 OOC games to be 6-5
Woffy finishes 6-2 in SoCon(loosing to GaSouth and Appy) and finishes 8-3 with a win over Wisconsin.

Appy finishes 6-2 in league play with a loss to GaSouth and finishes 8-3

Eagles get auto-bid and both Appy and Woffy get at larges... kind of crazy and you can insert any other teams to make it stupid of fun... you get he picture.

Eaglesrus
September 2nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
I'm bored... and at lunch today I thought of a couple of crazy scenarios that could happen...

Woffy finishes 6-2 in SoCon(loosing to GaSouth and Appy) and finishes 8-3 with a win over Wisconsin.

Eagles get auto-bid and both Appy and Woffy get at larges... kind of crazy and you can insert any other teams to make it stupid of fun... you get he picture.

Thinking it's not likely but I LIKE YOUR SCENARIO; well, all but GSU's three OOC losses.

PaladinFan
September 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM

How about Furman at 8-3 with two conference losses but a win over Auburn or Missouri.

drpnut
September 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Fan

I like it I would love to see 4 SOCon teams in playoffs.. bout time we take that away form CAA

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
I've got one...three different SoCon teams get an FBS win and only 1 gets into the playoffs.

Skjellyfetti
September 2nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
App 7-1 in the conference with their only loss to Wofford.

Wofford 7-1 in the conference with their only loss to Georgia Southern

Georgia Southern 7-1 in the conference with their only loss to App.

What's the tiebreaker at that point?

gophoenix
September 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Fan

I like it I would love to see 4 SOCon teams in playoffs.. bout time we take that away form CAA

Yeah, but there are only 8 at learge bids, the 5 CAA precedent as been set. So, SoCon gets a max of three ever now. :D

danefan
September 2nd, 2009, 04:38 PM

I certainly like that scenario. xnodxxthumbsupx

PhoenixMan
September 2nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
How about this...Elon goes undefeated in the SoCon, and beats Wake Forest in overtime. Appy only loses to Elon and ECU and gets in....