PDA

View Full Version : CSN West: The Opening Week Lacks Marquee Games in the West

CSN-info
September 2nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/82529_CSNWest.JPG

CSN West: The Opening Week Lacks Marquee Games in the West
By Kent Schmidt, CSN West Columnist

As I mentioned last week, it’s great to see football back in the “West” [MVFC, PFL, BSC, GWC]. While Indiana State started last week and unfortunately continued its longest losing DI streak of 27 games now (and that was against a NAIA team - Quincy of Illinois), this official first week doesn’t appear to have any outstanding games.

That opening contest did highlight something similar to what we see in the West for official Week 1 games. There are 33 games that involve a CSN West team, but only five matchups result in playing another FCS opponent. And of those five, none include a Top 25 team from any of the FCS polls.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/02/csn-west-the-opening-week-lacks-marquee?blog=5)

grizband
September 2nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
I understand it doesn't fit his criteria of FCS competition, but Weber St./Wyoming in a marquee match up. If Weber wins, they are in good shape for another strong campaign in 2009, which could be improved over last season.

Ronbo
September 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
I understand it doesn't fit his criteria of FCS competition, but Weber St./Wyoming in a marquee match up. If Weber wins, they are in good shape for another strong campaign in 2009, which could be improved over last season.

Weber will be very good offensively. I worry about a defense that only returns 4 starters. It's a huge unknown. We'll see if an anemic Cowboy offense can score at will on them or if they can stop them.

grizband
September 2nd, 2009, 02:14 PM
Weber will be very good offensively. I worry about a defense that only returns 4 starters. It's a huge unknown. We'll see if an anemic Cowboy offense can score at will on them or if they can stop them.
The Wildcat's defense is a huge unknown, I agree. I believe their offense can be very dominant again, so the measure will be the tenacity of their defense, and ability to prevent shootouts during the season.

I-AA Fan
September 2nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
This is the first week. As always ...most I-AA programs are either "soup" or "desert". That is, they host a walk-over, or they are a walk-over. Again, it is college football in America ...be happy!!! Don't try to find what is wrong ...find what is wright. I might point out that SHS & WIU fans probably do not agree with this article.