PDA

View Full Version : AE DOUBTFUL AGAINST ECU

theasushow
September 1st, 2009, 01:56 PM
http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/sep/01/asus-edwards-doubtful-game-against-ecu/

DOESNT LOOK GOOD!

Skjellyfetti
September 1st, 2009, 02:02 PM
I have faith in DP!

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2008/1103/1104_350_touchdown.jpg

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2009/0810/0812_250_deandre.jpg

Heisman pose:
http://www.appfan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/talktothehand.jpg

ericsaid
September 1st, 2009, 02:06 PM
I hope to see Travaris Cadet, I think their best chance to win will be with him and his ability to escape the defense. His throwing should be adequate if they set up the short passing game, maybe throw AE in there and run a trick play or two once you get the defense set up to stop the short yardage plays. Go over top with Randy Moss, oh I meant Brian Quick.

But WCU Cantamounts are no ECU Pirates.

ASUG8
September 1st, 2009, 02:11 PM
I hope to see Travaris Cadet, I think their best chance to win will be with him and his ability to escape the defense. His throwing should be adequate if they set up the short passing game, maybe throw AE in there and run a trick play or two once you get the defense set up to stop the short yardage plays. Go over top with Randy Moss, oh I meant Brian Quick.

buzzkill. xbawlingx

AshevilleApp2
September 1st, 2009, 02:22 PM
As long as AE is ready for the real season, I'll be happy.

Saint3333
September 1st, 2009, 02:34 PM

If you are officially changing teams you may want to change your signature. xlolx

DLS
September 1st, 2009, 03:01 PM

I knew there was a reason i never liked this cat. xcoolx

biggie
September 1st, 2009, 03:07 PM
I knew there was a reason i never liked this cat. xcoolx
Si. Will be glad when this game is gone and so is...

Hoyadestroya85
September 1st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Not worth having him play anyway.. ECU should be good this year and Pressley has looked good, why not give him a shot.

EmeryZach
September 1st, 2009, 03:18 PM
Ouch. That makes this game way less exciting.

Appinator
September 1st, 2009, 03:24 PM
Does anyone else find it odd that the Athletic department officially listed him as questionable last night after practice (as evident with the release on GoASU) and then Coach Moore lists him as doubtful on this mornings call? I know this is just getting way deep into it here, but which one would be more accurate? Possible gamesmanship?

GreatAppSt
September 1st, 2009, 04:25 PM

If you are officially changing teams you may want to change your signature. xlolx

Yeah what's up with the flag ericsaid?xeyebrowx

AppStsGr8
September 1st, 2009, 07:17 PM
As long as AE is ready for the real season, I'll be happy.

Agreed. Armanti seems to be able to see the bigger picture, too. It sounds like he and the rest of the crew are more interested in gunning for another national championship than anything else.

biggie
September 1st, 2009, 07:35 PM
He's ECU now (Freshman there).

Mountaineer#96
September 1st, 2009, 07:57 PM
I say send out Cadet the first series in a Wildcat like set.....and see how ECU plays it then settle in. ECU will run blitz Cadet, but likely sit back when AE is on the field. Let them test Cadets arm.....after watching that boy throw the ball down field I wouldn't mind watching that.

BEAR
September 1st, 2009, 08:10 PM
http://www.ttdesign.com/images/illust/football.jpg

A.E. could still support the team. xthumbsupx

ASU_MBA
September 1st, 2009, 08:33 PM
I hear all the girls at ECU really want DP........to play.

appirishmen
September 1st, 2009, 09:22 PM
i think DP will do better than we all think. hes had time this yr to work with the 1st string o. if our o line can withstand the fat d line of ecu....we have a shot. imo DP starting this game will get him very valuable game experience for next yr. i would like to beat EZU, but untill we move to the BCS i want to win the SOCON and another ring, one win is good, but we play to win it all!!!!!!

Appbio91
September 1st, 2009, 10:38 PM
Sept. 12 is much more important!

ASU_MBA
September 1st, 2009, 11:58 PM
My only concern with DP is turnovers....he seemed to fumble the ball often last year...If we are to keep this game close we need to win the turnover battle.. I think without AE that becomes hard. Other than the Richmond game where AE ran for his life, he is very smart with the football and makes good decisions...not sure about Cadet or DP. I think DP will throw a couple picks and or fumble it...however the experience these two will gain should help in the long term.

KiddBrewer
September 2nd, 2009, 12:18 AM
I hear all the girls at ECU really want DP........to play.

ha, i get it

KiddBrewer
September 2nd, 2009, 12:20 AM
im actually pretty excited about seeing how DP does.....

ASU_MBA
September 2nd, 2009, 12:21 AM
ha, i get it

Nice...I was wondering what took everyone so long....

neersnbeers
September 2nd, 2009, 01:10 AM
I'm ok with DP starting. The boy has some experience, has a cannon, and knows the offense better then Cadet. I hate that we and Armanti can show is off in front on a bunch of (butt) pirates, but of well, we have an entire season to shine. Go App!

BigPapi
September 2nd, 2009, 03:56 AM
How many starters does App State have back this year?

What is their outlook for the season?

Mountaineer#96
September 2nd, 2009, 05:45 AM
^ google is your friend buddy.......that has been talked about on this site for months since season end.

neersnbeers
September 2nd, 2009, 05:47 AM
Check goasu.com

ASU
September 2nd, 2009, 06:56 AM
Seen DP.....he couldn't do anything against Western in the first half. Afraid he will not be able to do it against EasyU. Hope they put Cadet in some to change things up at least.

HighRyder08
September 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
I think DP and Cadet will rotate in and out during the game. DP will start but the coaches will usher in Cadet every few series to keep it interesting

biggie
September 2nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
If DP is in we just have to hope his accuracy in passing has improved and that he has improved his ball protection when running.

My concern is he being short and seeing the passing lanes and pressure he may fell, starting against WCU and starting again ECU is a difference.

Cadet will probably get in the game one way or the other. If at QB not sure we can trust him passing yet.

GreatAppSt
September 2nd, 2009, 09:44 AM
He's ECU now (Freshman there).

Cool.

ericsaid
September 2nd, 2009, 09:57 AM

Notice how you highlighted I said their, but almost everytime I refer to ECU I don't say we. Maybe you could pay a bit more attention.

DLS
September 2nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
everyone who has seen cadet play in a game please raise their hands . . . .

somebody hears he ran 70yds for a td in camp and all the sudden he should be splitting game time with pressley? thanks but i'll stick with the guy that knows what to do when the 1st look aint there.

not trying to be a d-bag but it sounds like people's fantasies about cadet are starting to get the best of them on here.

ericsaid
September 2nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
Cadet did that more than once. He ran like that during Fan Fest and all fall camp long. I believe if he could pass close to as well as DP he'd be the best option just because he can escape the big guys coming through. He has just a whole nother level of speed than DP does.

They'll both play which really makes that post pointless.

My hands raised.

ASUG8
September 2nd, 2009, 10:30 AM

somebody hears he ran 70yds for a td in camp and all the sudden he should be splitting game time with pressley? thanks but i'll stick with the guy that knows what to do when the 1st look aint there.

not trying to be a d-bag but it sounds like people's fantasies about cadet are starting to get the best of them on here.

This is all I've seen of him, but looks pretty comfortable throwing the ball. Hopefully he'll fit well in our system. I can't make an objective comparison to DP since I've read the same practice report everyone else has. xpeacex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pab5rJo-6zY

theasushow
September 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/sep/02/asu-to-go-with-backup-at-qb/sports/

That's from today's journal. Coach Moore says Cadet will probably see time at QB as well. But dont expect AE to see ANY snaps....apparently his little toe is still "tender".

Appinator
September 2nd, 2009, 10:37 AM

I didn't see him play in a game, but I saw him at practice and at fan fest and he has a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG way to go before anyone should call him an accurate passer. He had a laser throw for a TD in the scrimmage, but he was something like 2 for 8 the entire time. He didn't throw any INTs because the ball was 10 yards short or 10 yards long, even the defender couldn't get at it. DP is light years ahead of him throwing, but Cadet is just as good, if not a better runner.

I want AE to play more than anything. MOSTLY for greedy reasons, like I want to see us demolish ECU. But I know that December is our main goal. If I can get back to Chatty, I hope that he sits in a hammock on the side lines and works on his tan.

They should use DP and Cadet in platoon together, with DP taking most of the passing plays and Cadet mostly running. Cadet will come around, he has been out of the QB position for over a year and he needs some time to work on his mechanics and consistency. He also needs to change his number, it's just weird to see him in 7.

ericsaid
September 2nd, 2009, 02:14 PM
Cadet was 2 for 6 in the scrimmage, and two of those balls were very catchable that the recievers dropped or couldn't hang on two because of the defenders.

Shouldn't be dissing on possibly one of the best play makers i've seen App have besides Armanti. He was doing in fan fest was what Armanti used to do before defenses really started to figure out just how good of a runner he was.

ericsaid
September 2nd, 2009, 02:16 PM

Someone said on another thread I may want to change my avatar. So.....I did. Thought it would make most of you happy since you all think i'm the biggest ECU fan out there and know more about their football team than anything.

School pride.xthumbsupx

SoCon48
September 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Cadet was 2 for 6 in the scrimmage, and two of those balls were very catchable that the recievers dropped or couldn't hang on two because of the defenders.

Shouldn't be dissing on possibly one of the best play makers i've seen App have besides Armanti. He was doing in fan fest was what Armanti used to do before defenses really started to figure out just how good of a runner he was.

The 70 yarder was vs the 2nd D.

Skjellyfetti
September 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM

It's not dissing on Cadet to say that DP should start over him for now... or that he needs to improve his passing game before starting.

asknoquarter21
September 2nd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Before I post anything else let it be clear to everyone that I am an App fan and I gad this user name before Ericsaid ever changed his avatar.

Ok, I haven't seen Cadet yet, but even if he is as good as Armanti when Armanti got here, you have to remember that Armanti didn't see any action against NCSU his freshman year. He just wasn't ready. You can't expect Cadet to come in and pull a miracle just yet.

I am more excited about this game now that Armanti isn't playing. Armanti getting hurt would have been 1000X worse than losing the game to a team we aren't even supposed to beat. I think this allows us to open the playbook up more and try to win this game. DP is a good QB and CAN carry this team. Cadet will be used, but let's not turn on a very humble and professional Backup that is currently our #2.

I didn't want to see armanti play and our offensive play calling be the same as it was last season against LSU. Let's fun our offense and let DP do what he can.

I am 100% behind DP

drpnut
September 2nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
If for some reason Appy gets their A** handed to them will we hear the "If Armanti had been playing, we would have..." excuse?

ASUG8
September 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
If for some reason Appy gets their A** handed to them will we hear the "If Armanti had been playing, we would have..." excuse?

I don't think so - I think most App fans are hopeful we can keep it close given the circumstances. Despite much of the AE worship that happens here, he can't do it alone and it will take strong efforts on both sides of the ball to keep it close or pull out the W. I'm encouraged that DP has been taking a lot of snaps through the spring and summer and I hope it's enough to keep it competitive. Either way, I'm not expecting a blowout unless App completely comes unglued.

Skjellyfetti
September 2nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Also, according to this morning's press conference with Armanti... he is officially listed as "questionable"... not "doubtful."

I'm not saying I expect him to play... just saying.

Appinator
September 2nd, 2009, 03:35 PM

SO he is better than Richie, KR, or Dexter at making plays? To quote Alan Iverson "it was practice, practice". I think he is going to do well, but he needs to get a few things together before we start putting him on a pedestal.

CrackerRiley
September 2nd, 2009, 03:40 PM

I think it's more likely we hear people saying that if it's a close loss. If App is beat big, everyone will say "well, we would have lost even if AE was playing."
But if the score is close there will be more of the "shoulda woulda coulda."

BEAR
September 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Saw on ESPN the critical "injuries" segment and it had APP's own AE listed in the top 5. Nicexthumbsupx It's good to see the FCS getting some rep, even if it's due to an injury. APP is giving FCS some good pub. As for that Florida- um cha-so game..xeekx 70+ spread?xeekx

Skjellyfetti
September 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
And it's nice to see the Heir Apparent's mug on espn.com:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/5556/appy-states-edwards-not-playing-ecus-holtz-still-concerned

KiddBrewer
September 2nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
SO he is better than Richie, KR, or Dexter at making plays? To quote Alan Iverson "it was practice, practice". I think he is going to do well, but he needs to get a few things together before we start putting him on a pedestal.

hey, dont forget william mayfield, devon fowlkes, coco hillary, or brian quick....all who i consider in the top 10 play makers in the last 10 years for App. All of whom have played in atleast 1xrulesx gamexcoffeexxrulesx

SoCon48
September 2nd, 2009, 09:42 PM

Wouldn't you. Taking a player with AE's nationally recognized proven records change the complexion of a game? You guys got a decent look at him in Boone. Right?
We're still hearing the crying over the puppies not making the playoffs the other year.

jonmac
September 3rd, 2009, 07:10 AM

Well, of course we will hear that. I wouldn't expect any less from anyone on this board, or a fan of any team for that matter, if their Payton Award winning, starting QB was out of a game due to injury. Well, maybe not "we would have" but certainly "we could have". But I also agree with the other poster that if we are blown out then it wouldn't really make any difference. But we definitely will wonder what could have been. Hopefully we won't be in that position.

ECU
September 3rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
& if you do use that excuse it's obvious you are a one player program that's got problems after this year. We could sit out 5 even 10 or our best players & I would still expect to win this game, & several of them are 1st day NFL picks.

AppAlum2003
September 3rd, 2009, 08:03 AM
& if you do use that excuse it's obvious you are a one player program that's got problems after this year. We could sit out 5 even 10 or our best players & I would still expect to win this game, & several of them are 1st day NFL picks.

xrolleyesx
And how many more scholarships do you guys have???

Depth is the concern.

appmaj
September 3rd, 2009, 08:11 AM

Yeah, right.

Pinkney...

Backing up the talented senior is a job that is up in the air with the departure of Rob Kass, who has made the switch to tight end. Redshirt freshman Josh Jordan and true freshman Rio Johnson have battled throughout summer practice.

Neither has taken a snap in a live college football game but whoever is named the Pirates second-string quarterback will be more than capable to step in and relieve Pinkney

Appinator
September 3rd, 2009, 08:16 AM

And when we win by 3, is it OK to say we would have won by 30 with him?

ASUG8
September 3rd, 2009, 08:46 AM

By that logic you should hang 70 on us and this is a "mail in" game.

Here are your NFL draftees - I doubt you have that many first day picks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_East_Carolina_Pirates_in_the_NFL_Draft

ECU
September 3rd, 2009, 08:49 AM
Pinkneys not really an a NFL prospect unless he changes positions. That said his dad was also from ECU & was drafted and played in the NFL & his half brother was a top 3 pick, so who knows. He has the genes.

Of the rest of our seniors, I've seen all these players as projected draft picks on various sites. 1st 4 are legit 1st day picks, even seen Wilson as a 1st rounder.

Wilson
Eskridge
Palmer
Ross
Allen
Bryant
Dodge

Dodge BTW, that's the same Dodge that was your starting punter a few years back.

This is him today after a little time with in the ECU strength program.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/vids2007/doc4a8a0b9be21da015230600.jpg

This is the 1st full class that has had a chance to go through Holtz's weight program 5 full years. We are producing some beast here, & yes is believable we have legit high NFL prospects because we have a great strenght program & weight facility. Just look at our punter and think what he looked like a couple years ago at App.

ASUG8
September 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Final
LSU, ‘08 41-13
Mich., ‘07 34-32*
NC St., ‘06 23-10
LSU, ‘05 24-0
Kansas, ‘05 36-8
Wyoming, ‘04 42-15
Hawaii, ‘03 40-17
Marshall, ‘02 50-17
Wake, ‘01 20-10
Wake, ‘00 20-16*
AVG 32-14

Here is our recent performance vs FBS teams (* = App win) all courtesy of Appfan.com. I don't think you'll see anyone hanging 70 points on us or 50 point deficits.

yosef1969
September 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
I'm not ready to annoint Cadet just yet but it does say something about his play making potential that the coaches even considered starting him Saturday and yes they did consider it. DP will be fine and Cadet will take some snaps. The tale of the tape Saturday will be what App does on D. I think they may keep it close early but I suspect that a couple of turnovers will put them in bad spots and ECU wears them down. I hope I am wrong and would be happy to publicly state my ignorance after an ASU win!

Skjellyfetti
September 3rd, 2009, 10:05 AM

That's just ridiculous and shows a serious lack of respect. xnonono2x

If App is such a pushover... why have you come to this site to post about the game since last FEBRUARY. xlolx

ECU
September 3rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah a whole 50 post since Febuary. I just like talking football, especially to fans that like to talk big like you guys.

Facts are we are 40-2 vs your division with the only 2 losses in the first 3 transition years. We've even had a 2-9 ECU team beat one of your national champs.. We won CUSA & beat Tulsa who was a top 30 team with 15 starters out last year. That's probably where it comes from.

SoCon48
September 3rd, 2009, 10:57 AM

He's a little bit more than the typical "one player." EZU isn't Michigan excpet in their own minds..but give a look at them and what he did to them. Our offense has developed around AE as it should have.
ASU doesn't have the luxury in a back up to compensate for a 6th senior veteran QB. EZU would be a diff animal without "Pinky."

SoCon48
September 3rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah a whole 50 post since Febuary. I just like talking football, especially to fans that like to talk big like you guys.

Facts are we are 40-2 vs your division with the only 2 losses in the first 3 transition years. We've even had a 2-9 ECU team beat one of your national champs.. We won CUSA & beat Tulsa who was a top 30 team with 15 starters out last year. That's probably where it comes from.

That craps gets old. How many of those games were played at EZU? That certainly splays the record over time.

AppIAA
September 3rd, 2009, 10:59 AM

You do realize he was kicked off of App's team because of steroids right? It was not just a straight transfer... there were reasons for it

AshevilleApp
September 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
If I'm Jerry Moore, even if AE thinks he's ready, I sit Edwards or at the most throw him in on only a few passing downs.

This is a money/recruiting game and the season is long...trying to push an injured star player early is just plain stupid

KiddBrewer
September 3rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Pinkneys not really an a NFL prospect unless he changes positions. That said his dad was also from ECU & was drafted and played in the NFL & his half brother was a top 3 pick, so who knows. He has the genes.

Of the rest of our seniors, I've seen all these players as projected draft picks on various sites. 1st 4 are legit 1st day picks, even seen Wilson as a 1st rounder.

Wilson
Eskridge
Palmer
Ross
Allen
Bryant
Dodge

Dodge BTW, that's the same Dodge that was your starting punter a few years back.

This is the 1st full class that has had a chance to go through Holtz's weight program 5 full years. We are producing some beast here, & yes is believable we have legit high NFL prospects because we have a great strenght program & weight facility. Just look at our punter and think what he looked like a couple years ago at App.

hahahahahahahaha way to read up on the inside story on dodge before you post about how big he is, idiot!

ECU
September 3rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
He's a little bit more than the typical "one player." EZU isn't Michigan excpet in their own minds..but give a look at them and what he did to them. Our offense has developed around AE as it should have.
ASU doesn't have the luxury in a back up to compensate for a 6th senior veteran QB. EZU would be a diff animal without "Pinky."

That craps gets old. How many of those games were played at EZU? That certainly splays the record over time.
Not that much & why would we go play a D1aa's when we average at least 30k even when we got 1-11.

Upsets happen, but not very often for your divison. That was only the 2nd major conference team with a winning record a D1aa had ever beat in 30 years (other a 6-5 S. Carolina). Michigan was sleepwalking & unprepared. Not exactly like beating two top 15 teams in back to back weeks or 3 top 25 teams in a row where teams know you are legit & ready for you.

Rob Kass is 7-2 as a starter & has beaten Pinkney out several times the last 2 years as for the starter job. We wouldn't miss much of a beat.

You do realize he was kicked off of App's team because of steroids right? It was not just a straight transfer... there were reasons for it

Sure buddy. Why don't you post the inside story because I've never heard one word about that, & I read your delphi board back when he transfered.

ASUG8
September 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
The Irates will know they were in a game, trust me. Too bad you aren't getting us at full power, but I still like our chances to make it a game.

Skjellyfetti
September 3rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah a whole 50 post since Febuary.

That seems like a lot of interest in a game that you believe your second string can win with ease. xeyebrowx

ASUG8
September 3rd, 2009, 12:21 PM
That seems like a lot of interest in a game that you believe your second string can win with ease. xeyebrowx

Remember, they have "several guys who will go on day one of the draft". I guess they're on par with the Texas, Okahoma, Florida, on USC teams these days.

ECU
September 3rd, 2009, 12:37 PM

1st game of the year. Just a matter of it being on the clock. It was the same way with Virginia Tech and Navy recently as well in season openers.

Remember, they have "several guys who will go on day one of the draft". I guess they're on par with the Texas, Okahoma, Florida, on USC teams these days.

I'll come back in april.

AshevilleApp2
September 3rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
If I'm Jerry Moore, even if AE thinks he's ready, I sit Edwards or at the most throw him in on only a few passing downs.

This is a money/recruiting game and the season is long...trying to push an injured star player early is just plain stupid

xnodx xnodx

AppIAA
September 3rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
Sure buddy. Why don't you post the inside story because I've never heard one word about that, & I read your delphi board back when he transfered.

There is no published "inside" story since he transferred after he took the test..

Here is how it went down: "Dodge, you have to take a random drug test"

Took the test

Next day before results came in: "Coach, I have been thinking and I want to transfer to ECU..."

Dodge, smartly, did not complete the transfer process until AFTER the NCAA released the results.. however, since he wasn't technically an athlete at the time and had not completed the process yet, no consequences were paid!

You can think what you want, but I know first hand this is how it played out

Black_Saturday
September 3rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
I'll throw my two cents in here....

I think Armanti is probably still in bad shape. Not only has he missed all of camp, but he also missed spring practice as well recovering from surgery. I actually feel slightly more comfortable with Pressley as the QB. He's obviously not the same talent as AE, but Edwards hasn't played at full speed since last December. Edwards has been banged up significantly the last two seasons as well, so it's good to have DeAndre get more snaps.

AE isn't going to go off for an 80 yard run in a game. Teams are too focused on keeping him contained. His decision making is what really sets him apart. He's incredible good at getting the ball into the hands of his playmakers. If Pressley can keep the Pirates defense honest with his legs and get the ball to the significant talent App has at the skill positions, this will be a good battle.

One more thing...All of this talk about strength and size is really overrated. App showed this just 2 years ago against a very big and strong Michigan team. LSU was a completely different monster, because they had the speed on defense to keep up with the receivers. The spread offense is designed to circumvent a size disadvantage by spreading the defense from sideline to sideline. This game will really be about the defenses and who can slow down the other team.

ericsaid
September 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
I'll throw my two cents in here....

I think Armanti is probably still in bad shape. Not only has he missed all of camp, but he also missed spring practice as well recovering from surgery. I actually feel slightly more comfortable with Pressley as the QB. He's obviously not the same talent as AE, but Edwards hasn't played at full speed since last December. Edwards has been banged up significantly the last two seasons as well, so it's good to have DeAndre get more snaps.

AE isn't going to go off for an 80 yard run in a game. Teams are too focused on keeping him contained. His decision making is what really sets him apart. He's incredible good at getting the ball into the hands of his playmakers. If Pressley can keep the Pirates defense honest with his legs and get the ball to the significant talent App has at the skill positions, this will be a good battle.

One more thing...All of this talk about strength and size is really overrated. App showed this just 2 years ago against a very big and strong Michigan team. LSU was a completely different monster, because they had the speed on defense to keep up with the receivers. The spread offense is designed to circumvent a size disadvantage by spreading the defense from sideline to sideline. This game will really be about the defenses and who can slow down the other team.

It wasn't even LSU's ability to keep up with the recievers. Hillary dropped half the passes thrown at him in the game and the offensive line just let anyone through who wanted. This didn't give Armanti enough time to throw. There were mis matches all across the board that game.

It showed at the end of the first half.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Wilson
Eskridge
Palmer
Ross
Allen
Bryant
Dodge

With that first class strength and conditioning program... your team looked a bit winded in the second half. xrotatehx

The Moody1
September 6th, 2009, 08:45 AM
With that first class strength and conditioning program... your team looked a bit winded in the second half. xrotatehx

Too funny. They sort of reminded me of that Wake Forest game when half of the Deacs were cramping up and literally puking all over the field. :D

SoCon48
September 6th, 2009, 09:53 AM

<SNICKER>

SoCon48
September 6th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Too funny. They sort of reminded me of that Wake Forest game when half of the Deacs were cramping up and literally puking all over the field. :D

For some reason they gave prefernce to the 50 yard line.Guess it showed what they thought of their own Deac logo.