PDA

View Full Version : Williams Status for the 'Ship??

PantherMan
December 10th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Will Williams be able to suit up for this one? The back up looked decent, but without Williams, ASU looked like a different team... That being said, I hope that Williams does suit up; I want to see both teams put their best squads on the field! I remember 13 years ago when an injury to our star receiver in the playoffs probably kept us from a championship, and I don't wish that on anyone!

JMU Duke Dog
December 10th, 2005, 02:33 PM
The announcers talked as if Elder will be Appalachian State's QB next weekend.

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Will Williams be able to suit up for this one? The back up looked decent, but without Williams, ASU looked like a different team... That being said, I hope that Williams does suit up; I want to see both teams put their best squads on the field! I remember 13 years ago when an injury to our star receiver in the playoffs probably kept us from a championship, and I don't wish that on anyone!

If it's a ruptured tendon in the ankle, he's not playing. And that's their first impression. Trey Elder is an excellent QB and former Mr. Football in SC. He's taken plenty of snaps since our margins of victory tended to be pretty big in the regular season. Now he has some good experience in a big game, although the fumbles were a bad sign.

Williams is certainly our X-Factor (whatever the hell that means), but he's just one of our outstanding athletes. I think the game will be pretty good, but I'll turn my thoughts to that later in the week.

For now..."I'd just as soon (be throwing goalposts in the duck pond) in Boone."

PantherRob82
December 10th, 2005, 02:40 PM
if Williams is as bad as they said he is, we'll see elder next week, but elder looked good today. congrats to app st.