PDA

View Full Version : JMU now has their own message board

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2009, 03:09 AM
www.JMUSports.net
This board is probably going to be mostly JMU football (hence why I put this thread in the FCS discussion). Don't laugh- its not much now. Its only been up for a couple of days, not many people on their yet, as 90% of the traffic is still on the JMU page on the CAAZone, but its a start. Traffic on their should really grow as there are numerous JMU folks on the CAAZone ready to either completely jump ship or at least spend time on both sites (in addition ot AGS of coursexthumbsupx). At least JMU now is like most of the rest of the FCS powers in that we now have our own message board as opposed to a page on a site run by fans from another school which is what the current situation is with the CAAZone.

Reign of Terrier
August 31st, 2009, 06:04 AM
will there be streamers?

DX Man
August 31st, 2009, 06:21 AM
will there be streamers?

xlolxxwhistlex

AppStsGr8
August 31st, 2009, 07:48 AM
will there be streamers?

Post of the week! xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
August 31st, 2009, 09:18 AM
You stay classy SoCon.

Not "congrats to Dukes' fans" or anything like that, but another crack on the streamers. Which, by the way, is pretty original xrollseyesx (and also evidences their effectiveness).

Probably no streamers on the mb, but I heard the first topic was either how not to blow a 21 point half-time lead or how to get your fans to STFU after we beat you in the playoffs; I don't know though, I haven't been over there yet. Maybe you guys could check it out and report back to me what you find out (your coaches are probably pretty interested in that stuff, too).

AppIAA
August 31st, 2009, 09:33 AM
Woah! sensitive much?

digger3210
August 31st, 2009, 09:41 AM
You stay classy SoCon.

Not "congrats to Dukes' fans" or anything like that, but another crack on the streamers. Which, by the way, is pretty original xrollseyesx (and also evidences their effectiveness).

Probably no streamers on the mb, but I heard the first topic was either how not to blow a 21 point half-time lead or how to get your fans to STFU after we beat you in the playoffs; I don't know though, I haven't been over there yet. Maybe you guys could check it out and report back to me what you find out (your coaches are probably pretty interested in that stuff, too).

Maybe there should be a post about how not to fumble the ball.

tribe_pride
August 31st, 2009, 09:48 AM
Maybe there should be a post about how not to fumble the ball.

Since we are all joining in on this - Or a message about not passing the ball when you have a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter of a playoff game

:D

ur2k
August 31st, 2009, 09:57 AM
Since we are all joining in on this - Or a message about not passing the ball when you have a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter of a playoff game

:D

Just don't take any shots at their band, then all heck will break loose. xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
August 31st, 2009, 10:16 AM
Woah! sensitive much?

I'm not sensitive at all. But I do tend to get tired of people not congratulating accomplishments of other schools and not being positive. It happens to more than just JMU, but I notice that the most for obvious reasons. Anytime a team at our level has enough support to get their own message board, it's a step in the right direction.

The OP wasn't attacking anybody, just posting this about our board and everybody comes to ***** on the parade.

Just don't take any shots at their band, then all heck will break loose. xthumbsupx

I'm pretty sure he was taking a crack at Delaware. xrolleyesx We don't pass enough for that to have been directed anywhere close to us. xthumbsupx

AppIAA
August 31st, 2009, 10:20 AM
I'm not sensitive at all. But I do tend to get tired of people not congratulating accomplishments of other schools and not being positive. It happens to more than just JMU, but I notice that the most for obvious reasons. Anytime a team at our level has enough support to get their own message board, it's a step in the right direction.

It's not like setting up a message board is very hard these days.. don't see why congratulations are in order for it..

now lay off the caffeine ;)

mcveyrl
August 31st, 2009, 10:21 AM
It's not like setting up a message board is very hard these days.. don't see why congratulations are in order for it..

now lay off the caffeine ;)

That's fine. Then don't post. No need to try and take it to the smack board.

tribe_pride
August 31st, 2009, 10:21 AM
I'm pretty sure he was taking a crack at Delaware. xrolleyesx We don't pass enough for that to have been directed anywhere close to us. xthumbsupx

Yeah sorry. I figured since the Delaware guy was taking a shot at someone, I figured I'd take a shot at the Hens. I am sure they can do the same at us.

Hope the Board is successful.

mcveyrl
August 31st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah sorry. I figured since the Delaware guy was taking a shot at someone, I figured I'd take a shot at the Hens. I am sure they can do the same at us.

Hope the Board is successful.

Thanks.

And that's kind of my point. We can piss on each other all day and usually do on the smack board.

AppIAA
August 31st, 2009, 10:26 AM
That's fine. Then don't post. No need to try and take it to the smack board.

Oh, no worries, i will not be posting on that board..

And I am pretty sure your "sensitivity" is the thing that brought it to smack talk..

Congrats

mcveyrl
August 31st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Oh, no worries, i will not be posting on that board..

And I am pretty sure your "sensitivity" is the thing that brought it to smack talk..

Congrats

I meant on the thread. I probably won't post on the JMU MB because this is the only board I've got time for.

I never would've posted on the thread unless YT (who's not a bad poster, by the way) decided to throw the streamers jab in there.

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2009, 10:48 AM
will there be streamers?

Good one ;)

AshevilleApp2
August 31st, 2009, 10:50 AM
Good one ;)

Get posting. You're almost back to 3K. xsmiley_wix

JMU Newbill
August 31st, 2009, 12:11 PM
Double standards anyone?

JMU DUUUKES
August 31st, 2009, 12:40 PM
I really don't think many pple are gonna switch over there. But hey, i'll go wherever the fan base goes.

AppStsGr8
August 31st, 2009, 12:48 PM
Double standards anyone?

In the arena of double standards, why has this thread not been moved to The Lounge?

A similar thread last week about the arrival of a new SoCon board was moved shortly after the original posting. xwhistlex

appmaj
August 31st, 2009, 12:53 PM
Congrats!

http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/6B/66/8F/i6B668F0F-9123-4DA3-AADE-8E3251822B50.jpg

mcveyrl
August 31st, 2009, 01:24 PM
Congrats!

http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/6B/66/8F/i6B668F0F-9123-4DA3-AADE-8E3251822B50.jpg

Thanks! :D

StrikeJMU
August 31st, 2009, 02:00 PM
Looks pretty good, I jumped on.

19Duke97
August 31st, 2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks! Give me some time to get it a bit more developed, a bit rough around the edges, but hey - what do you expect in 5 days? Like many things, it's a work in progress.

Reign of Terrier
August 31st, 2009, 05:32 PM
I meant on the thread. I probably won't post on the JMU MB because this is the only board I've got time for.

I never would've posted on the thread unless YT (who's not a bad poster, by the way) decided to throw the streamers jab in there.

It wasn't mean-spiritedxthumbsupx, Heck, I forgot I even posted it before I went to see my user cpxwhistlex

lizrdgizrd
August 31st, 2009, 05:38 PM
I am very disappointed. I was expecting purple text on a gold background. Stupid easy-to-read messageboard. ;)

GATA
August 31st, 2009, 05:46 PM
You stay classy SoCon.

Not to be a dick...but you could probably understand why SOCON fans were skeptical after App State molested CAA teams for 3 years straight in the playoffs...they were pretty much a MONSTER program.

Don't take it so personal. We're all still waiting on JMU to get another title.

GATA
August 31st, 2009, 05:47 PM

The OP wasn't attacking anybody, just posting this about our board and everybody comes to ***** on the parade.

**** James Madison

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2009, 06:03 PM

Appreciate you trying to stick up for the original point of the thread Mcveryl. You're right, a lot of people were taking some pot shots. But I don't think it went too overboard except for the last post. I've got a pretyy thick skin and I usually dish the smack right back. I got to admit though, I even laughed at the streamer's comment.

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2009, 06:10 PM
Not to be a dick...but you could probably understand why SOCON fans were skeptical after App State molested CAA teams for 3 years straight in the playoffs...they were pretty much a MONSTER program.

Don't take it so personal. We're all still waiting on JMU to get another title.

You might want to check your history before posting an ignorant post. ASU didn't beat a CAA in 05' in the playoffs. ASU beat UMass in the 06' NC in a close game- no "molestation" there, nor was there in their 1 point 07' 1st round victory over JMU. The only "molestation" (ie blowout of 3 TDs or more) was over UR in the 07' semis and UD in the 07' NC game.

Don't take it so personal, we're still waiting for GSU to even make the playoffs again. 5 years and counting....

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks! Give me some time to get it a bit more developed, a bit rough around the edges, but hey - what do you expect in 5 days? Like many things, it's a work in progress.

I signed up last night and was the 8th member. Now there's 25. Not bad for 3 days. Remember folks, Rome wasn't built in a day. :)

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2009, 06:18 PM
In the arena of double standards, why has this thread not been moved to The Lounge?

A similar thread last week about the arrival of a new SoCon board was moved shortly after the original posting. xwhistlex

I started the thread under FCS Discussion because it the beginning of FB season and all that is being discussed on there right now is FCS discussion, it will mostly be FCS discussion on there, so its appropriate to be under the FCS discussion thread. Guarantee if it was under the Lounge there would be only a handful of replies on there, and it would quickly die. As far as I'm concerned, any threads that get moved to purgatory to die a quick death in Lounge or the FCS News pages may as well be deleted, because those pages have hardly any traffic compared to the FCS Discussion page. 90% of the people on here never or rarely go to those pages.

GATA
August 31st, 2009, 06:27 PM
Don't take it so personal, we're still waiting for GSU to even make the playoffs again. 5 years and counting....

GSU could be out of the playoffs for the next 25 years...JMU still wouldn't have 6 titles...

And GSU fans don't take it personal...nobody from GSU is complaining about their crappy message board not getting any love. suck it up.

GATA
August 31st, 2009, 06:30 PM
You might want to check your history before posting an ignorant post. ASU didn't beat a CAA in 05' in the playoffs. ASU beat UMass in the 06' NC in a close game- no "molestation" there, nor was there in their 1 point 07' 1st round victory over JMU. The only "molestation" (ie blowout of 3 TDs or more) was over UR in the 07' semis and UD in the 07' NC game.

did you completely forget about Delaware getting their asses beat?

All I'm saying is...JMU and all their grads can blow me...no offense.

StrikeJMU
August 31st, 2009, 06:38 PM

You are so tough and cool. I bet you giggled after you typed that. xrolleyesx

GATA
August 31st, 2009, 06:42 PM
You are so tough and cool. I bet you giggled after you typed that. xrolleyesx

I actually giggled when the JMU grad said "5 years and counting"...

2005 GSU made the playoffs...count with me 2006 (1)...2007 (2)....2008 (3)....

that looks like "3 years and counting"...just saying. The math portion of the SAT isn't required for entrance into JMU?

GATA
August 31st, 2009, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=GATA;1392944 The math portion of the SAT isn't required for entrance into JMU?[/QUOTE]

It's a rhetorical question...don't actually answer it moron.

StrikeJMU
August 31st, 2009, 06:46 PM

that looks like "3 years and counting"...just saying. The math portion of the SAT isn't required for entrance into JMU?

Of course it is...thats just ridiculous. You are obviously trying to be a dick. You have succeeded. Have anything relevant to comment on about our new messageboard?

AppStsGr8
August 31st, 2009, 07:06 PM
I started the thread under FCS Discussion because it the beginning of FB season and all that is being discussed on there right now is FCS discussion, it will mostly be FCS discussion on there, so its appropriate to be under the FCS discussion thread. Guarantee if it was under the Lounge there would be only a handful of replies on there, and it would quickly die. As far as I'm concerned, any threads that get moved to purgatory to die a quick death in Lounge or the FCS News pages may as well be deleted, because those pages have hardly any traffic compared to the FCS Discussion page. 90% of the people on here never or rarely go to those pages.

I made my remark because I put the SoCon board post under FCS discussion for the same reason you put your post here. I didn't move the SoCon board thread; the moderators did. Hence, the double standard.

I've never visited the lounge and don't ever plan to. I was just looking for the thread I'd posted and found it had been moved.

I hope the JMU board gets lots of traffic. I know as a Mountaineer that I enjoy the Mountaineer Message Board conversations.

GATA
August 31st, 2009, 07:11 PM
Of course it is...thats just ridiculous. You are obviously trying to be a dick. You have succeeded. Have anything relevant to comment on about our new messageboard?

Actually yes...I think it's not bad...not bad at all.

No hard feelings. Go Dukes.

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2009, 09:24 PM
did you completely forget about Delaware getting their asses beat?

Go back and reread my post. I DID mentioned UD getting as you put it their "as&*es" beat in the 07' NC game. Are you blind? xrolleyesx

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2009, 09:34 PM

I thought GSU last made the playoffs in 04', which would be 5 years. So it was 05', which is FOUR years. But obviously being able to count past 3 isn't a requirement at GSU. Now, count with me:
2006 (1)
2007 (2)
2008 (3)
2009 (4).

If GSU were to make the playoffs this season, it would be FOUR years since they last made the playoffs, not 3 as you state. And you talk about the math portion of the SAT xlolxxlolx

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2009, 09:37 PM
It's a rhetorical question...don't actually answer it moron.

Coming from the idiot who can't count above 3...

JMU1992
August 31st, 2009, 09:45 PM

Hey! a Richmond football fan!.....where's the other one?

ASU_MBA
August 31st, 2009, 11:27 PM
Congrats on the message board....now un-bunch your panties and relax a little bit. People are just joking with you...

I was just hoping that when I clicked on the link streamers would fly from my computer into my living room as the terrier fan mentioned.
or
i was disappointed not to see an address to send fan mail to Jamal Sullivan for the xmas gift he gave us back in 07

for real though...congrats on the site...

BDKJMU
September 1st, 2009, 01:42 AM
Congrats on the message board....now un-bunch your panties and relax a little bit. People are just joking with you...

I was just hoping that when I clicked on the link streamers would fly from my computer into my living room as the terrier fan mentioned.
or
i was disappointed not to see an address to send fan mail to Jamal Sullivan for the xmas gift he gave us back in 07

for real though...congrats on the site...

Thanks. And speaking of Sullivan he will likely be JMU's starting back this season as a redshirt jr. rJr Griff Yancey, who was JMU's starter in 07' after Holloman was out for the season after the 2nd game, and who was the #2 back behind Holloman last season, has been moved to free safety where he is now starting. Sullivan started out a close 3rd last season before having some injuries. Sullivan is now up to 220, 10 lbs heavier than last season, and is an absolute bruiser and could be an All CAA back IF he can stay healthy. There are 2 other very talented RBs in the 3 deep will be Brandon Noble, who played as a true freshman in 07' and was redshirted last season, and last season Temple transfer Corwin Acker.

A few quotes about Sullivan:

"....This week, he said the injuries were frustrating, but not enough to change his physical style of play.

"Those things you really can't control," Sullivan said. "They tell us to take care of our bodies and we do so, but things like that, injuries, you can't control them."

That toughness with the ball in his arms is something the other running backs on JMU's roster seem to appreciate, even revere.

"If you've ever seen ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark,' Indiana Jones, when the movie starts off, that boulder that's chasing him? That's Sully," the 5-10, 210-pound Acker said.

Fullback Donnell Brown, considered one of the best blockers and hardest hitters on the offense, agreed.

"He just goes straight ahead," Brown said. "You better pack your lunch when you go against Jamal. He's just running downhill. That's how he is. You're going to run into him, you're going to bounce off him, he's going to keep going."....
http://www.dnronline.com/details.php?AID=40158&CHID=3

JMU Newbill
September 1st, 2009, 06:17 AM
Everyone relax.... football season starts this weekend! Well.. Thursday if you are a villanova fan.

Pitz
September 1st, 2009, 08:07 AM
Everyone relax.... football season starts this weekend! Well.. Thursday if you are a villanova fan.

Or next weekend if you're a JMU fan.

ur2k
September 1st, 2009, 08:41 AM
Hey! a Richmond football fan!.....where's the other one?

I'm amazed it took one of you so long to take the bait.

JMU Newbill
September 1st, 2009, 09:34 AM
Or next weekend if you're a JMU fan.

While this is true.... I'll settle for everyone else's season starting merely so that we can start arguing over actual performance and not preseason polls or other message boards.

Dukie95
September 1st, 2009, 09:59 AM
Actually, I'm not sure JMU needs its own board.

What we might need is a better board for CAA football discussion. The admins on the CAAZone aren't very welcoming of the football-only members. There are a lot of great CAA Football fans here that don't come to the CAAZone football board. We rarely get the perspective of the CAA North over there.

89Hen
September 1st, 2009, 10:10 AM
You stay classy SoCon.

Shoot mcvey, if I were on the board yesterday I would have been the one to post the streamers comment. :p

mcveyrl
September 1st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Long day yesterday and today, I apologize for my edginess.

It was an overreaction.

GATA
September 1st, 2009, 12:18 PM
I thought GSU last made the playoffs in 04', which would be 5 years. So it was 05', which is FOUR years. But obviously being able to count past 3 isn't a requirement at GSU. Now, count with me:
2006 (1)
2007 (2)
2008 (3)
2009 (4).

If GSU were to make the playoffs this season, it would be FOUR years since they last made the playoffs, not 3 as you state. And you talk about the math portion of the SAT xlolxxlolx

So it's been a year since James Madison, App State, and Richmond made the playoffs? Do you realize the problem with the way you're counting?

Are we talking about ACTUAL time...or FOOTBALL SEASONS? you ever heard of context?

If GSU had made the playoffs in 2006 2007 and 2008...you wouldn't say that GSU has made the playoffs the last 4 years would you? Of course not, don't be a moron.

Madisonian
September 1st, 2009, 12:18 PM
Give McV a break. He, like the majority of JMU fans, has waited a long time to have a dedicated board. In the meantime, I still think AGS is the gold standard. No?

Madisonian
September 1st, 2009, 12:22 PM
So it's been a year since James Madison, App State, and Richmond made the playoffs? Do you realize the problem with the way you're counting?

Are we talking about ACTUAL time...or FOOTBALL SEASONS? you ever heard of context?

GATA, he was wrong. GSU made the playoffs in 2005. End of discussion. Let's get back to having some fun. Good luck this season!

ngineer
September 1st, 2009, 12:26 PM
Does this mean they can go text themselves?????;)

BDKJMU
September 1st, 2009, 11:39 PM
I signed up last night and was the 8th member. Now there's 25. Not bad for 3 days. Remember folks, Rome wasn't built in a day. :)

Actually, it was more than 25 members when I looked on Mon. I didn't realize that was just the 1st page of registered members. Anyway, it is up to 81 registered members, approaching 50 topics, and has 400+ posts. Not bad for less than 5 days. I think it will surpass the JMU page on the CAAZone in terms of traffic in a matter of weeks.