PDA

View Full Version : UNI '05 = JMU '04

blur2005
December 10th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Now if Furman wins, I'll know UNI is destined to be victorious, as they'll be underdogs, facing a team that's already won a I-AA title and is consistently one of the top teams in I-AA.

This is fricken deja vu.

blackfordpu
December 10th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Now if Furman wins, I'll know UNI is destined to be victorious, as they'll be underdogs, facing a team that's already won a I-AA title and is consistently one of the top teams in I-AA.

This is fricken deja vu.

Didn't notice this before you brought it up. Great observation. :)

Cap'n Cat
December 10th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Whatever.

Not bad for a piss-ant DOME team.

:rolleyes:

umassfan
December 10th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Whatever.

Not bad for a piss-ant DOME team.

Still got one game to go before you yap too much. Wouldnt want to be another Colgate now would you?

Cap'n Cat
December 10th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Still got one game to go before you yap too much. Wouldnt want to be another Colgate now would you?

Guys,
Is this the umassfan dude you guys all say talks out his azz all the time? Doof's about two weeks behind on everything. Now I see what you mean.

thirdgendin
December 10th, 2005, 03:42 AM

This is fricken deja vu.

How so? UNI has played a home game, unlike JMU last season so that comparison goes out the window. In fact, if Furman wins, both teams will have taken the same path (one at home, two on the road) to get to Chattanooga.

Tribe4SF
December 10th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Guys,
Is this the umassfan dude you guys all say talks out his azz all the time? Doof's about two weeks behind on everything. Now I see what you mean.

That would be him. Notice he has over 4,000 posts, but contributes not a dime. :asswhip: His Colgate reference indicates he's about two years behind, not two weeks. Colgate is burned into his mind because they managed to beat his Minutemen this year.

By the way, Cap'n, could you post when you leave Texas? My daughter's in college in the area, and I'd like to release the security entourage I hired for her when I heard you were going to the game. :eyebrow:

umassfan
December 10th, 2005, 04:57 AM
That would be him. Notice he has over 4,000 posts, but contributes not a dime. :asswhip: His Colgate reference indicates he's about two years behind, not two weeks. Colgate is burned into his mind because they managed to beat his Minutemen this year.

By the way, Cap'n, could you post when you leave Texas? My daughter's in college in the area, and I'd like to release the security entourage I hired for her when I heard you were going to the game. :eyebrow:
My colgate reference is to what his UNI domesters will be doing next week in the championship game.... choking :nod:

th0m
December 10th, 2005, 07:18 AM
I don't think UNI looks like JMU did last year. JMU had never been past a 2nd round game before last year, while UNI has had more frequent trips and longer trips than JMU. I don't think UNI is as much an underdog this year as JMU was last year.

AppGuy04
December 10th, 2005, 09:46 AM
wouldn't UNI be an underdog against ASU?

IMO, they'd be the favorite over Furman

I mean, come on, 1988 was 17 years ago :rolleyes:

PantherRob82
December 10th, 2005, 11:08 AM
i'll take being the underdog.

PantherMan
December 10th, 2005, 11:23 AM
UNI will be the 'dog regardless of the ASU-Furman outcome. Just the way we like it... :nod: xprost2x

unicat87
December 10th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Indeed!

UNI will be the 'dog regardless of the ASU-Furman outcome. Just the way we like it... :nod: xprost2x

blukeys
December 10th, 2005, 12:33 PM
JMU and UNI both are purple and gold.

blur2005
December 10th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I don't think UNI looks like JMU did last year. JMU had never been past a 2nd round game before last year, while UNI has had more frequent trips and longer trips than JMU. I don't think UNI is as much an underdog this year as JMU was last year.
UNI has been to the playoffs more, but just like JMU last year, they hadn't ever gone as far as the championship.

There are other similarities, such as having a sophomore QB who is making big time plays in purple and gold...