PDA

View Full Version : A step in the right direction for Coastal Carolina

Woof
August 24th, 2009, 08:35 AM
http://www.thesunnews.com/232/story/1032860.html

With most of the news coming out of Myrtle Beach having been on the negative side, I thought I'd post something positive for the blue rooster faithful. I've worked with this program for several years and seen a lot of lives changed for the best because of the principles it teaches. By most accounts, Coach Bennett is a solid guy who cares as much for the person as the player he is molding.

Good luck to these Chants this season.xthumbsupx

ASUG8
August 24th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Just got word from my boss that his 6-3, 303 lb son successfully walked on - #92.

SU DOG
August 24th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks for posting that Woof. What a wonderful program!!

PhoenixSupreme
August 24th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Great story. Hopefully the experiences of these young men that participated in the program will trickle down throughout the entire football team and inspire other players to do the same thing.

Seawolf97
August 24th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Good for them. It is always good to read a positive story on college athletes.

Go...gate
August 24th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Nice work by CCU.

Is their Head Coach at all embattled? He seems like a really good man. They need to stick with him.

zilla
August 24th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I breifly talked with Davenport & Norman this past Saturday at CCU's Fan Aprreciation Day. These young men were genuinely nice, well-mannered young men. Additionally, like him or dislike him, Coach Bennett is a genuine man of God. He never turns down an invitation to speak at any local church down here. In my opinion, he's a great leader/ambassador for our football program.

Co...gate, Bennett signed a 10-year contract extension after he led Coastal to the FCS playoffs in 2006 (our program's 4th year of playing football). He's starting to gain some critics after a 5-7 record in 2007 & a 6-6 campaign last season. However, from all reports, CCU is supposed to be pretty strong in '09. xnodx

g-webb1994
August 24th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Followed Bennett since his days at Catawba going head to head with G-W in SAC play.....class act.

drpnut
August 25th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I would like to remind everyone who Bennett's football mentor and "daddy" was...

none other than Danny Ford himself....

holla

phillyAPP
August 25th, 2009, 03:22 PM

With most of the news coming out of Myrtle Beach having been on the negative side, I thought I'd post something positive for the blue rooster faithful. I've worked with this program for several years and seen a lot of lives changed for the best because of the principles it teaches. By most accounts, Coach Bennett is a solid guy who cares as much for the person as the player he is molding.

Nice story... I believe GOD, football, and Life can relate very closely. I remember before the APP-Delaware championship game every APP player went to the pregame service including a Jewish player or two. APP prays after every game and I love the message it shows. It DOES make a difference.

Football is just a part of GOD's life for us. GO APP ..... and Keep praying !!!!

Think about the number of miracles on the ROCK.xthumbsupx

Go...gate
August 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I breifly talked with Davenport & Norman this past Saturday at CCU's Fan Aprreciation Day. These young men were genuinely nice, well-mannered young men. Additionally, like him or dislike him, Coach Bennett is a genuine man of God. He never turns down an invitation to speak at any local church down here. In my opinion, he's a great leader/ambassador for our football program.

Go...gate, Bennett signed a 10-year contract extension after he led Coastal to the FCS playoffs in 2006 (our program's 4th year of playing football). He's starting to gain some critics after a 5-7 record in 2007 & a 6-6 campaign last season. However, from all reports, CCU is supposed to be pretty strong in '09. xnodx

Glad to hear this. He is the kind of coach you hold on to.

kirkblitz
August 26th, 2009, 06:11 PM

yes! bennett has helped us to almost last in the nation in special team categories, near the bottom in rush D and to a amazing 11-12 in the last 2 years after his massive raise and HUGE buyout contract was signed. go bennett xpeacex

kirkblitz
August 26th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Glad to hear this. He is the kind of coach you hold on to.

yes if you like being at the bottom of the weak ass big south

ASU
August 26th, 2009, 07:34 PM
yes! bennett has helped us to almost last in the nation in special team categories, near the bottom in rush D and to a amazing 11-12 in the last 2 years after his massive raise and HUGE buyout contract was signed. go bennett xpeacex

Well, after all, that is why your competitors are throwing laurels on Coach Bennett.

Truthfully, he is a good coach. Look at other things that may be causing your team being down. Personally I bet that the coach is working hard just to maintain at around the break even point the last couple of years, and that with many other coaches you would have had almost winless seasons.

kirkblitz
August 26th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Well, after all, that is why your competitors are throwing laurels on Coach Bennett.

Truthfully, he is a good coach. Look at other things that may be causing your team being down. Personally I bet that the coach is working hard just to maintain at around the break even point the last couple of years, and that with many other coaches you would have had almost winless seasons.

dont forget like the 20 arrests we've had in 2 years xcoffeex