PDA

View Full Version : UNI @ #22 Iowa

unigriff
August 22nd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Discuss.

I know everyone thinks UNI stands NO chance, but really this should be a superb game I think.
The Panthers return 9 on offense and with no real lapse from last years team.
The Defense is young at DB but with the addition of a couple good transfers and the return of James Ruffin this defense is pretty good and is better (says the Head Coach) than last years team that was 14 seconds away from another trip to Chattanooga.

Iowa loses 90% (sarcastic) of its offense in Shonn Greene to the NFL. Their other Rbs are fairly young and unknown. Hamilton, their expected starting day RB is still hampered with a knee injury. The offensive line returns for Iowa which is huge but overall their depth is weak as a team.

I give no prediction as it should be a great game. Last time UNI played Iowa, UNI came out losing 45-21, but then went on to play in Chattanooga. Is it gameday yet!!!!????????

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Iowa by 11.

MSUBear42
August 22nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hawks 42
Panthers 21

mebisonII
August 22nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
People seem pretty excited about the Hawks here (IC) and seem to expect them to be as good or better than last year, but I'm not sure how without Greene.

That said, I don't follow them closely, so I really wouldn't know. No prediction on the game, but I'll be there to see it in person! xthumbsupx

JayJ79
August 24th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Hamilton?

UNIFanSince1983
August 24th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hamilton?

I was assuming he was talking about Jewell Hampton.

I think it will take an almost flawless game for the Panthers to win this one. We need to not turn the ball over and hope the Hawks turn it over probably twice. The Hawks will be tough on both the offensive and defensive lines as always. If Stanzi has made some progress in the offseason we may be in some serious trouble because of a very young and inexperienced defensive backfield. If the players back there play to their potential they will be good, but inexperience against a team like Iowa is not a good thing.

Either way I cannot wait, and think we can win, but will need more than a few breaks to go our way.

Go Panthers!