PDA

View Full Version : DIRECTV may drop Versus

bulldog10jw
August 22nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Yale is on Versus, twice. I would be very upset.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-versus-directv22-2009aug22,0,4477246.story

For the last couple of days, DirecTV satellite television subscribers have been seeing a crawl if they've watched any Versus network programming telling them that as of Aug. 31, DirecTV will no longer carry Versus.

For college football and NHL fans who get their television through DirecTV, this could be bad news.

DFW HOYA
August 22nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Isn't Versus owned by Comcast? That may explain the hard-ball tactics volleyed back by DirectTV.

Cocky
August 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
Tour de France
I will stay with cable then.

blueballs
August 22nd, 2009, 03:44 PM
Versus has Bill Dance and Roland Martin... that would suck balls!

onbison09
August 22nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
WTF!!!!! That would suck big time. NHL playoffs plus WEC plus college football games. That would suck hardcore!! Who do we complain to?

bulldog10jw
August 22nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
WTF!!!!! That would suck big time. NHL playoffs plus WEC plus college football games. That would suck hardcore!! Who do we complain to?

I sent DIRECTV an e-mail. Hopefully, this is all just a negotiating tactic.

mtgrizfan4life
August 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
The cable/satellite industry sucks with these exclusive contracts and rights, etc. I wish all cable/satellite providers would be allowed to carry all sports and networks. If you get cable or dish you miss out on the NFL Sunday ticket, Nascar Hotpass, and with some providers MLB Extra Innings. In some areas Comcast has exclusive rights to some markets (Portland, Philly, and SanDiego).

Personally, I prefer Satellite picture quality over cable, but cable is so much easier to set up. I have experienced both Dish and DTV, and prefer DTV programming, options, and in my opinion much more knowledgeable/helpful customer service reps(even though their phone prompt menu is annoying and pain).

I hope some day programming will be equal. That way we can choose to who to do business with based on customer service experience and picture quality. Instead, consumers feel forced into a provider based on programming. I never have and never will like that about the industry.

onbison09
August 22nd, 2009, 06:32 PM
The cable/satellite industry sucks with these exclusive contracts and rights, etc. I wish all cable/satellite providers would be allowed to carry all sports and networks. If you get cable or dish you miss out on the NFL Sunday ticket, Nascar Hotpass, and with some providers MLB Extra Innings. In some areas Comcast has exclusive rights to some markets (Portland, Philly, and SanDiego).

Personally, I prefer Satellite picture quality over cable, but cable is so much easier to set up. I have experienced both Dish and DTV, and prefer DTV programming, options, and in my opinion much more knowledgeable/helpful customer service reps(even though their phone prompt menu is annoying and pain).

I hope some day programming will be equal. That way we can choose to who to do business with based on customer service experience and picture quality. Instead, consumers feel forced into a provider based on programming. I never have and never will like that about the industry.

DirecTV's innovation is way better than cable (game mixes, Superfan for Sunday ticket) but they don't always have a channel in HD and some of this stuff they pull is just plain annoying. xmadx

crossfire07
August 22nd, 2009, 10:45 PM
I will email them and say that I will give them every channel that has NASCAR on it to still be able to watch hockey. VS is the only one that covers the NHL playoffs really well. I grew up watching NASCAR and today it just totally SUCKS. I don't watch it at all ever since they brought in the COT. the drivers don't even like them but the fans are supposed to? let NASCAR shribble up and blow away like a tumbleweed.

onbison09
August 22nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
I will email them and say that I will give them every channel that has NASCAR on it to still be able to watch hockey. VS is the only one that covers the NHL playoffs AT ALL. I grew up watching NASCAR and today it just totally SUCKS. I don't watch it at all ever since they brought in the COT. the drivers don't even like them but the fans are supposed to? let NASCAR shribble up and blow away like a tumbleweed.

Fixed it for ya xsmhx