PDA

View Full Version : SI Article on Buonocanti, former Citadel player

ngineer
August 22nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Thought I'd call people's attention to this week's SI feature article on Marc Buonocanti, who was rendered a quadraplegic back in the 1980's while playing at The Citadel. A lot of discussion on his relationship with the guy he tackled and the guy that guy had hit years earlier, but also, Marc's reapproachment with El Cid as they retired his jersey a few years back and trying to put the past behind them.

Seahawks Fan
August 22nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
I agree. It's an excellent article. My all means read it. xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 22nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Not just an article, a cover story. xthumbsupx

elcid83
August 22nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
This ESPN piece really summed it up very nicely. Best of luck to Marc in all of his future endeavours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ReFaNEVnE

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
I spent a good thirty minutes this morning reading that whole article in the back of my SI... normally in that situation I wouldnt have read it bc of its length and it didnt really look all to interesting to me but it sucked me in and I really enjoyed it... I had never heard of any of them having been born in 1986 but it was neat to learn about what happened in the socon and these great stories of these men coming together... I really felt bad about the ball carrier from tampa and etsu (forgot his name) until the end... he really has had a rough go of life and he wasnt even injuried... glad to see his life is turning around...

citdog
August 29th, 2009, 08:44 AM
sitting here watching the above youtube video made me cry like I was a Furman graduate. what a great story of forgiveness, manhood, and the power of The Citadel experience.