PDA

View Full Version : Northern Illinois vs UND in 2010

darell1976
August 20th, 2009, 10:21 AM
According to Fightingsioux.com 9/11/10 UND @ N. Illinois.

9 games confirmed for next season:

9/4 @Idaho
9/11@ N. Illinois
9/18 vs Northeastern St. (D2)
9/25 OPEN
10/2 @ S. Dakota
10/9 vs SUU
10/16 OPEN
10/23 @ Cal Poly
10/30 vs Lamar
11/6 vs UC Davis
11/13 @ Montana
11/20 OPEN

All times are TBA. So far it looks like a great schedule!!!xthumbsupx

darell1976
August 20th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Both UND and NDSU are open Sept. 25th!! That would give both teams 10 games!! Both teams have 4 home games and 5 road games so the venue would be anyone's guess. Why not put politics aside and play!!!

mango43
August 20th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Both UND and NDSU are open Sept. 25th!! That would give both teams 10 games!! Both teams have 4 home games and 5 road games so the venue would be anyone's guess. Why not put politics aside and play!!!

No the venue wouldn't be anyone's guess, it would be at the FargoDome.

SDSU and USD share an open date too, but it doesn't mean they are going to play each other.

darell1976
August 20th, 2009, 10:50 AM
No the venue wouldn't be anyone's guess, it would be at the FargoDome.

SDSU and USD share an open date too, but it doesn't mean they are going to play each other.

But if both are having a hard time scheudling wouldn't it make sense to play each other.

bincitysioux
August 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Hmmm...........

Northwestern St. was originally scheduled to return this season's game on Sept. 25 of 2010. xeyebrowx

I like the game with Northern Illinois. But I liked Northwestern St. in the Alerus better.

bincitysioux
August 20th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Hmmm...........

Northwestern St. was originally scheduled to return this season's game on Sept. 25 of 2010. xeyebrowx

I like the game with Northern Illinois. But I liked Northwestern St. in the Alerus better.

Nevermind............just heard from the athletic department, and Northwestern St. is still coming to Grand Forks in 2010.

That makes 10 confirmed games for 2010, only one to go. Alot better situation than we found ourselves in when trying to build the 2009 schedule, when I believe we still were looking for 3 games as late as March of this year.

darell1976
August 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Hmmm...........

I thought that schedule looked different...yesterday Fightingsioux.com had NW st. on 9/25 now it says open...i posted UND's schedule yesterday with it on there...did they change their mind on the date???

onbison09
August 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Gotta be honest, I'm jealous of your schedule.

TheBisonator
August 20th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Gotta be honest, I'm jealous of your schedule.

One has to wonder if:

1) Faison is offering other undisclosed things to teams to play UND xsmiley_wix, or

2) NDSU's AD is just not good at scheduling games in general (look at our basketball schedule).

bincitysioux
August 20th, 2009, 09:16 PM
One has to wonder if:

1) Faison is offering other undisclosed things to teams to play UND xsmiley_wix, or

2) NDSU's AD is just not good at scheduling games in general (look at our basketball schedule).

Can't tell if you are joking around or not, Bisonator.............

Your basketball schedule looked pretty good to me.

FargoBison
August 20th, 2009, 10:14 PM
One has to wonder if:

You do realize that Saul and David Richman handle the basketball scheduling, Taylor has nothing to do with it. The schedule would have been great if Gonzaga and Minnesota hadn't dropped us.

As for football Gene does ok, I would like to see less FBS games and more games against top FCS teams though. At least he does a good job in not scheduling DII teams.

darell1976
August 21st, 2009, 07:32 AM
You do realize that Saul and David Richman handle the basketball scheduling, Taylor has nothing to do with it. The schedule would have been great if Gonzaga and Minnesota hadn't dropped us.

As for football Gene does ok, I would like to see less FBS games and more games against top FCS teams though. At least he does a good job in not scheduling DII teams.

You don't think that would ever change?? Shame on Montana scheduling NDSU when they were D2? Shame on UNI for scheduling UND when they were D2, and shame on SDSU for scheduling D3 Wisconsin Lacrosse...oh and all 3 D2/D3 teams beat the FCS team. If you can't find an opponent sometimes you have to look elsewhere...why does NDSU have Minot St on their bball schedule after going to the NCAA tournament??

FargoBison
August 21st, 2009, 12:28 PM
You don't think that would ever change?? Shame on Montana scheduling NDSU when they were D2? Shame on UNI for scheduling UND when they were D2, and shame on SDSU for scheduling D3 Wisconsin Lacrosse...oh and all 3 D2/D3 teams beat the FCS team. If you can't find an opponent sometimes you have to look elsewhere...why does NDSU have Minot St on their bball schedule after going to the NCAA tournament??

As long as DII games don't count for the playoffs it won't happen. Right now we'll just pay DI schools like Wagner or CCSU to come here for a game. You have to remember that NDSU wants an FBS on the schedule every year and that game is going to be tough to win, throw in a DII game that doesn't count, and suddenly the margin of error for making the playoffs gets slim.

NDSU can play a DII in basketball, the only way the bison are going to the NCAA tournament is by getting the conference autobid.