PDA

View Full Version : Big loss for UMass?

Minuteman87
August 19th, 2009, 04:54 PM
The Daily Hampshire Gazette reported last week (yes I am a week late) that UMass LB Josh Jennings could miss the whole season with a back injury. No details though.

Josh was UMass' second leading tackler last season with 90, and a preseason all conference pick this year.

IMHO he was UMass' best defensive player last year. The kid also overcame a rough life to get where he is. It's a huge loss for UMass if he's gone for a long period.

http://www.gazettenet.com/2009/08/12/umass-hopes-continue-proud-linebacking-tradition

Uncle Buck
August 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM
That sucks. Hopefully it's not too bad that it ruins him for good. Back injuries suck since living with it is misery.

ASU_MBA
August 19th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Sorry to hear that....I hope he gets back on the field soon.

Bull Fan
August 19th, 2009, 07:25 PM
That sucks. Hopefully it's not too bad that it ruins him for good. Back injuries suck since living with it is misery.

You've got that, brother.

danefan
August 19th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Its a huge loss, but UMass did get a transfer LB from Syracuse (Mele) that had 75 tackles last yaer for Cuse. He's got to be pretty decent.

LacesOut
August 19th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Damn that's a shame.

Not to change the subject, but who is/will be the QB for UMass this year?

KAUMASS
August 19th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Brown stated last year that Jennings should not step onto the field again after last season due to his back injuries. I'm sure the current coaching staff has planned for it since last year. If he gets on the field it is a bonus, if not, they have prepared for his loss like he was a graduating senior. Good luck to Josh this year, and I hope he can play without any serious risk to his back-(any more than normal).