PDA

View Full Version : NU - Colgate, September 2012?

Husky Alum
August 19th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Can any Raider fans confirm that the Huskies and the Raiders are going to meet again in football on September 8, 2012?

One of our fans posted on Dieharddogs.com that they heard we had a game set for that date.

I had heard rumors about it, but wasn't sure there was a date.

I'm not sure WHERE the game will be played, or if it's a home/home, but any info would be appreciated.

There was another poster who claimed NU was playing Brown in 2012 or 2013, but that's news to me.

Go...gate
August 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM
September 8, 2012, per Colgate's 2009 FB media guide.

Glad our ADs came through.

colorless raider
August 19th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Agreed.

TheValleyRaider
August 20th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Sounds good to me xthumbsupx

Wonder if this means a trip to Parsons (or wherever the heck NU will be playing) in 2013

Go...gate
August 20th, 2009, 02:36 PM
The game makes a lot of sense for both schools.

Husky Alum
August 21st, 2009, 04:56 PM
The game makes a lot of sense for both schools.

Yes, it does. Any Raider posters who make the trek to Parsons are invited to the Husky Alum tailgate.

Who knows, maybe by the time you come to Boston, we'll have completed wasting over $10 million for White Stadium.

blukeys
August 21st, 2009, 05:18 PM
Very good matchup for both schools. Also makes sense for the snowbirds to schedule each other in Sept. xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Go...gate
August 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
Yes, it does. Any Raider posters who make the trek to Parsons are invited to the Husky Alum tailgate.

Who knows, maybe by the time you come to Boston, we'll have completed wasting over $10 million for White Stadium.

They really planning on that?

Husky Alum
August 21st, 2009, 10:08 PM
They really planning on that?

They're talking about it. The latest spin I heard was that in exchange for NU's contributions to renovate White, the Mayor will help us fast track approval for us to build dorms, classrooms and research space on land we already own.

We've had a terrible time getting the City Council to approve NU's building on property we own because the "neigbors" don't like NU expanding into Lower Roxbury.

The story I heard was that we'll do White, as a "peace offering" to the neighbors and throw some scholarships to kids in the area, and the City Council would let us build.

Good ol' Boston politics.