PDA

View Full Version : Samford Lands Rivals 3-Star QB Commitment

SU DOG
August 18th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Trett Hardman is rated as the #1 pro-style QB in the state of Alabama for 2010 and #37 in the nation. He is currently listed as 6-4, 200lbs. ESPN gives him an evaluation grade of 73. I know how deceiving all these accolades can be , BUT it is exciting to have a big-time recruit committed so early. From his comments, his decision is VERY final. xbowx

http://www.cullmantimes.com/local/local_story_227212157.html

Ronbo
August 18th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Please keep your feet on the ground. These early commits are shaky at best. Montana has lost several verbals of highly ranked players to FBS offers six months later.

lionsrking2
August 18th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Trett Hardman is rated as the #1 pro-style QB in the state of Alabama for 2010 and #37 in the nation. He is currently listed as 6-4, 200lbs. ESPN gives him an evaluation grade of 73. I know how deceiving all these accolades can be , BUT it is exciting to have a big-time recruit committed so early. From his comments, his decision is VERY final. xbowx

http://www.cullmantimes.com/local/local_story_227212157.html

Sounds like he committed to Pat Sullivan more so than Samford University.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 18th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Sounds like he committed to Pat Sullivan more so than Samford University.

What I was going to say. Having a heisman QB for a coach must certainly help in recruiting QBs. I think one of the hottest college football teams in the country will have to come knocking on his door before he would de-commit.

PaladinFan
August 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM
What I was going to say. Having a heisman QB for a coach must certainly help in recruiting QBs. I think one of the hottest college football teams in the country will have to come knocking on his door before he would de-commit.

Not just a heisman, but a heisman at Auburn. Sullivan is a local legend who, I would wager, is more of a name than the governor.

SideLine Shooter
August 18th, 2009, 08:19 PM
He must be great. I'm not sure, but I think Armanti was a 0-Star out of H.S.

If I am wrong, I apologize. I couldn't find where he had a ranking.

Maybe these H.S. rankings don't mean how well they play college football.

They are nice to talk about, but I really don't put a lot of stock in them.

SOCAL
August 18th, 2009, 09:11 PM

Rivals or Scout.com rankings can be a bit dubious

Look at the following link----these are the kids (QB's)who graduated in 2006 and ranked for !aa--Many never made it or are playing other positions

I only recognize Denham,Dudzik,Edwards and Toman

http://www.terrierfans.com/viewtopic.php?p=743#743

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2009, 09:15 PM

You are exactly right. He was unrated out of high school. So was Mark LeGree and most of the FCS stars. Statistically speaking FCS fans should not want 3-star players but should want the unrated and 2-star players because those are the ones that truly went under the FBS radar. Most players with a 3-star rating were given a strong look and were turned down by FBS for a reason. Despite that it is still a good sign when a 3-star player commits to Samford this early. It is always good to see FCS schools getting early commits.

Hoseinexile07
August 18th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I hope he pays dividends for y'all. I have a lot of respect for Samford as an institution. Y'all have a fine school; reminds me a lot of PC. My cousin went there for law school, and I'm quite sweet on a nurse that did her undergraduate work there.

I hope we get to sic our defensive ends on Mr. Hardman him some day. xthumbsupx

OL FU
August 19th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Congratsxthumbsupx Hope he performs well on saturdaysxnodx well except for one saturday every year:)

SideLine Shooter
August 19th, 2009, 08:20 AM
You are exactly right. He was unrated out of high school. So was Mark LeGree and most of the FCS stars. Statistically speaking FCS fans should not want 3-star players but should want the unrated and 2-star players because those are the ones that truly went under the FBS radar. Most players with a 3-star rating were given a strong look and were turned down by FBS for a reason. Despite that it is still a good sign when a 3-star player commits to Samford this early. It is always good to see FCS schools getting early commits.

It is REAL nice to see FCS schools get early commits!

drpnut
August 19th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Notice the kid is a pro-style qb and probably wants to chunk the ball 30 times a game. Won't happen at Sammy unless they go to a new offense.

At least recently their MO is to pound the ball. At it is working decently.

Holla

DPardue
August 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Reasons why SU did not throw much last season..

1) The best RB in the SoCon was in the Bulldog backfield.

2) Starting QB was a true freshman.

I expect Samford to throw the ball more this season to keep defenses off balance.

GATA
August 19th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Reasons why SU did not throw much last season..

1) The best RB in the SoCon was in the Bulldog backfield.

2) Starting QB was a true freshman.

I expect Samford to throw the ball more this season to keep defenses off balance.

Samford runs the ball because it's the only offense they have. If Samford stars throwing...Samford starts losing. Your QB is no good. The running back is solid and he gets the job done. Run the ball and play defense...this is the Samford way.

Cocky
August 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I believe the QB will stay with the commitment. I don't see many better opportunities coming his way. He is a solid QB but not BCS level. I would have him in the top 5-7 QBs in Alabama.

biggie
August 19th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Samford runs the ball because it's the only offense they have. If Samford stars throwing...Samford starts losing. Your QB is no good. The running back is solid and he gets the job done. Run the ball and play defense...this is the Samford way.
Can be big trouble if they get down early and have to try to hurry to come back, aka Wofford vs App last year, is a problem for any pure running offense with questionable passing game.

DPardue
August 19th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Your QB is no good.

GATA, don't quit your day job as a florist for a job in college football commentary please.

As a true freshman, Taliaferro completed 67% of his passes and was second in the SoCon in passing efficiency. His ATT-INT ratio was probably the best in the league. Lots of other folks around the SoCon thought the kid was pretty good too. He was the Freshman of the Year in the conference.

The kid was 14-17 against GSU on the road and tossed two TDS. If he is "no good", what does that say about the Eagles defense?

SU DOG
August 19th, 2009, 01:49 PM
What about the 3 FBS Teams that offered him out of HS also? I tell you what, on second thought. I hope that EVERY team on our schedule this year has coaches and players who think EXACTLY like GATA. FUN times ahead. xnodx

seantaylor
August 19th, 2009, 10:20 PM
The guy is not rated on Scout. Just shows how these rating systems are complete bogus.