PDA

View Full Version : MARK LEGREE IS OFFICIALLY ON THE NAGURSKI LIST

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM
As I was told last week, LeGree made the list. This is huge as this list is for the top defensive player in all of college football, regardless of position, and LeGree broke the barrier to be named to the list. Congrats to LeGree!

http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/news/2009/nagurski090818.html

Bull Fan
August 18th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I think Selvie will win it this year.

Syd'Quan Thompson, DB, California

WTF kind of name is that? I mean really, smoking crack during pregnancy (or is that "prednancy" for some..) is not healthy for you or the baby.

ASU_Fanatic
August 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Legree is a freakin stud.

Appinator
August 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Noticed that Steele is on the committee for the selections, you think he was the guy who brought LeGree to everyone's attention?

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Noticed that Steele is on the committee for the selections, you think he was the guy who brought LeGree to everyone's attention?

Steele is the one who selects this particular list and he had someone pushing LeGree very hard to him. Steele is VERY OPEN to putting FCS players on lists and you will things like this happen more often now.

I just wish FCS would get behind the magazine more because Steele has the man power to take what people like Ralph Wallace, Tony Moss, Dave Coulson, etc. have done and expand the FCS coverage beyond anywhere it has been before! Major props need to be given to Phil Steele for selecting LeGree.

Anyone notice that LeGree did not make the Thorpe list, given to only DBs, but he did make the list given out to every position? :D

Someone will be pushing very hard for 2 players next year for these type lists, maybe 3, if they do what is expected of them. I think LeGree, Ben Ijalana, Cameron Higgins, and who knows who else could pop up on these lists with huge seasons this year!