PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State D-1 Transfers

Redbirdz
August 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Ryan Perrilloux, LSU QB (number 1 rated qb propspect 2005)
Greg Smith, Georgia Tech WR
Jamison Wadley, Southern Miss DE
Patrick Tatum, Auburn P
John Houston Whiddon, Florida Atlantic WR
Justin Kay, Army OL
Torre Davis, Florida DT (5 star recruit, Rivals and Scout, No. 2 rated defensive tackle in nation by Rivals)

Jacksonville State appears to be solid, its APR problems probably good news for OVC leaders this year.

Cocky
August 14th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Did the OL transfer ever come?

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Ummm...Jacksonville State is a Division I school.

You guys moving back to Division II...? With nomenclature like that, you may as well...

SU DOG
August 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Wonder when we will see the announcement that Jack Crowe has done his "due diligence" and signed ex-Michigan QB/Receiver Justin Feagin? :)

appfan2008
August 14th, 2009, 12:51 PM
quite the impressive list... i hate to see so much of this but everyone does it...

Redbirdz
August 14th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Texas Terror, you are right. I should have said FBS transfers. It's hard to get away from IAA as that is what many still think of FCS.

Cocky
August 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Wonder when we will see the announcement that Jack Crowe has done his "due diligence" and signed ex-Michigan QB/Receiver Justin Feagin? :)
Didn't Samford have a player get into some legal trouble a little while ago?
It might be Heisman Pat trying to get him into Samford.

SU DOG
August 14th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Didn't Samford have a player get into some legal trouble a little while ago?
It might be Heisman Pat trying to get him into Samford.

We did have that problem, and it can happen anywhere. He was, however, whistle clean when he was accepted, and just for the record, he transferred in before Sullivan. A player with a police record or conditional grades will not be admitted to Samford. I guess that it is good for schools to have different philosophies on giving people more chances, and I do not fault your school for their policy. Several of my JSU friends though, have told me that JSU has been hurt by accepting too many of these types, and that they are unhappy that Crowe continues to do so. This has apparently contributed to the APR problems at JSU when these players are dismissed or leave early. Granted, the fans expressing that sentiment may be in the minority there - I don't know.

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Texas Terror, you are right. I should have said FBS transfers. It's hard to get away from IAA as that is what many still think of FCS.

Even if you say D-1 and want to use I-AA - the I-AA was still Division I football. You should have at least said I-A if you want to go by the old nomenclature... xwhistlex