http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=887141564641

bandl
December 9th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Let your thought be known by taking this online survey:

Done.

griz37
December 9th, 2005, 12:18 PM
That was an interesting survey, thanks Henfan.

TexasTerror
December 9th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Great survey...

Loved saying the SWAC and Ivies should participate in playoffs...

Tubby Raymond
December 9th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Done

dbackjon
December 9th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Done

Ivytalk
December 9th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Finished. Hope the results get wide publicity!

colgate13
December 9th, 2005, 01:48 PM
I did it, but man, it was for I-AA.com. I feel like I've been cheating on Ralph!

December 9th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Done but I was puzzled by a couple things.

"9. The NCAA should not restrict access to games between I-A and I-AA. It should be up to the institutions to schedule in their own best interests."

How does the NCAA restrict access?

"4. MID-MAJORS: The true nonscholarship and low-scholarship leagues are technically eligible, but never selected for the I-AA playoffs. The best way to provide post-season access to student-athletes from the MAAC, NEC, and Pioneer FB Leagues would be to..."

If they are already eligible then they already have access. There was no option for selecting "It's fine the way it is."

Under the "who are you" section this was a selection:
"I'm paid to cover Division I college football (I-A and/or I-AA) as a WRITER/ RESEARCHER/ BROADCASTER/ WEBMASTER, etc."

but this wasn't:
"I cover I-AA unpaid as a WRITER/ RESEARCHER/ BROADCASTER/ WEBMASTER, etc."

colgate13
December 9th, 2005, 02:06 PM
"4. MID-MAJORS: The true nonscholarship and low-scholarship leagues are technically eligible, but never selected for the I-AA playoffs. The best way to provide post-season access to student-athletes from the MAAC, NEC, and Pioneer FB Leagues would be to..."

If they are already eligible then they already have access. There was no option for selecting "It's fine the way it is."

I choose "Other" for this one, and said basically that. If they schedule the teams they need to and win, they're in. But they're choosing to not fund their programs like everyone else, so they can choose to watch the playoffs on TV every year IMO.

but yes, you have to love the bias in there to get the answer Otto is looking for!:eek:

goasu984Life
December 9th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Done

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Finished. Hope the results get wide publicity!

Ivytalk;

How do you and Ivy League associates feel about keeping the status quo by not playing in the I-AA playoffs?

PantherRob82
December 9th, 2005, 04:16 PM
done

bigchocolate
December 9th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Let your thought be known by taking this online survey:

Done!

Tod
December 9th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Got 'er Done!

Ralph, I knew you were unpaid, but just what is it that you do for a living? And how do you find so much time to spend covering I-AA?

Tod
December 9th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I choose "Other" for this one, and said basically that. If they schedule the teams they need to and win, they're in. But they're choosing to not fund their programs like everyone else, so they can choose to watch the playoffs on TV every year IMO.

but yes, you have to love the bias in there to get the answer Otto is looking for!:eek:

I did the same thing. I said "It's fine as it is".

Ivytalk
December 9th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Ivytalk;

How do you and Ivy League associates feel about keeping the status quo by not playing in the I-AA playoffs?

Pard, I fully support Ivy participation in the FB playoffs, and I said so on the survey. It makes no sense to penalize that one sport. I'm very frustrated. :bang:

MarkCCU
December 9th, 2005, 08:57 PM
interesting survey, can't wait for the results

OldSchool85
December 9th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Done... :cool:

ASU Kep
December 9th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Done!

ngineer
December 9th, 2005, 11:38 PM
You beat me to it Henfan..got home from work, bolted dinner watched the UNI/Texas St. game, went out to clean the snow off the porch, checked my email and saw the survey so I posted it right away, not thinking someone else may have already done so. Glad to see people spreading the word..

skinny_uncle
December 10th, 2005, 12:09 AM
How soon will the results be published and will anyone put it up on AGS?

ngineer
December 10th, 2005, 12:12 AM
I think Otto said the results will be out in January. I assume they can be posted here, too, but don't know how that gets done mechanically.

PapaBear
December 10th, 2005, 06:42 AM
done. Cool questions.

Pard4Life
December 11th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Pard, I fully support Ivy participation in the FB playoffs, and I said so on the survey. It makes no sense to penalize that one sport. I'm very frustrated. :bang:

I completely agree... I heard the exam schedule being a reason why there is no participation, but that is a horrible excuse considering some teams in the past have had playoffs/exam conflicts... I think Penn volleyball being a recent example.

Too bad we can't turn back the clock and see what Fitzpatrick and Dawson could have done in the 2004 playoffs. Even so, I still think Harvard deserved a fair chunk of number one votes.

blur2005
December 12th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Done.

Eaglegus2
December 12th, 2005, 07:38 AM
well done!!! :)

henfan
December 12th, 2005, 08:14 AM
I'll post a link to the results once they have been released.

Hansel
December 12th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Done,

there was no "kill the autobid" question, which I was a bit disappointed by :p

89Hen
December 12th, 2005, 09:59 AM
there was no "kill the autobid" question, which I was a bit disappointed by :p
That's because these questions were written by Otto to confirm his beliefs on the way things should be. I took the survey and enjoyed it, but it is slanted toward Otto's beliefs IMO.

GannonFan
December 12th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Done.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 17th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Done.......bumping this back up to be sure everyone remembered to respond. Plenty of opportunity to write text if the questions don't address all your personal issues.

Back2Back05
December 17th, 2005, 02:25 PM
done