PDA

View Full Version : Tickets?

Grizzaholic
August 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Just got my season tickets for The Griz and am unhappy. No pictures, no decals, no nothing. Just a regular old ticket. I think someone posted a link earlier in the year, I don't want to go digging for it, that Montana has the highest per game average for tickets in the FCS. If I am mistaken, please correct me. So with my 400 bucks for season tickets, (2), for 6 games the University cannot put the players, or at least have some sort of glossy GRIZ decal on them? Ticket prices go up every year, nothing new to anyone, but I am just wondering with all that extra money we couldn't have the same type of tickets that other teams do, and the Griz have had the past 5 years?

When you get season tickets, or regular ones, do they have the players/team/logo/glossy on them?

I am assuming that players friends, parents, grandparents enjoy the fact that there is a chance to see their son, or daughter for basketball, on a game ticket.

89Hen
August 13th, 2009, 03:48 PM
That is a shame. They should be dressed up IMO.

However, our season tix this year had a large picture over the entire season. I don't like it because when you break apart the tix, each ticket has a nonsensical picture. In the past each ticket had a unique picture on each game.

Grizzaholic
August 13th, 2009, 03:53 PM
That is a shame. They should be dressed up IMO.

However, our season tix this year had a large picture over the entire season. I don't like it because when you break apart the tix, each ticket has a nonsensical picture. In the past each ticket had a unique picture on each game.

I was doing some looking around on the net and came across of a pic of that. It is a locker room shot, right? I agree with you on how that is not really nice after the first game.

I always found it nice when you give a ticket to someone that has not been to a game before the ticket is glossy with a player either making a play or standing there all mean looking. Kind of sets the stage for what is about to happen once you get through the gate.

Just saying.

MR. CHICKEN
August 13th, 2009, 03:54 PM
HEY GRIZZWOLD......GOTTAH RAISE DUH SCRATCH....FO' MARIANO'S.....'PARTMENT/CAR...&...LADY ENTERTAINMENT FUND...FROM SOMEWHERE..........IT'S JES' UH TICKET......DEY'RE GONNA TEAR IT IN HALF...ANYWHOO!....xwhistlex....AWK!!

Grizzaholic
August 13th, 2009, 03:58 PM
HEY GRIZZWOLD......GOTTAH RAISE DUH SCRATCH....FO' MARIANO'S.....'PARTMENT/CAR...&...LADY ENTERTAINMENT FUND...FROM SOMEWHERE..........IT'S JES' UH TICKET......DEY'RE GONNA TEAR IT IN HALF...ANYWHOO!....xwhistlex....AWK!!

I do not like that accusation one bit. This is not the smack board so please keep this drivel off the main board. Thanks. And they don't tear the ticket in half, just the little one inch thing on the end.

MR. CHICKEN
August 13th, 2009, 04:04 PM
:o....DIDN'T REALIZE...AH WAS AN INCH....OFF......:o......AWK!

89Hen
August 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I was doing some looking around on the net and came across of a pic of that. It is a locker room shot, right? I agree with you on how that is not really nice after the first game.

I always found it nice when you give a ticket to someone that has not been to a game before the ticket is glossy with a player either making a play or standing there all mean looking. Kind of sets the stage for what is about to happen once you get through the gate.

Just saying.
xnodx For maybe the JMU game the ticket will have a dirty sock. Not kidding. xoopsx

Gil Dobie
August 13th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Pretty plain with a Bison logo here.

mcveyrl
August 13th, 2009, 04:34 PM
xnodx For maybe the JMU game the ticket will have a dirty sock. Not kidding. xoopsx

Hey Now!

Ours was like that last year. It was one big picture of the team running out, so it wasn't too bad. The team just got smaller every game. :D

I STILL haven't received mine for this year and I'm worried. Then again, when your first home game isn't until the middle of September, I guess they figure they've got time.

TXST_CAT
August 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Each TXST ticket has an individual player with cool back drop. Similar to the dark background to 300.

Grizzaholic
August 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Each TXST ticket has an individual player with cool back drop. Similar to the dark background to 300.

See, that is exactly what I am talking about. You are charging X for the games so why not spend .00005 extra on each ticket? The fans appreciate it as well as, probably more so, the players friends/family.

AppStsGr8
August 13th, 2009, 07:33 PM
We have the option of getting a plastic card that is good for all the games. The folks at the gate simply scan the card. They're really nice little gizmos the size and shape of a credit card, printed with holder's name on it, and some really cool App graphic. I've kept mine from every season we've had 'em.

CopperCat
August 13th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Just got my season tickets for The Griz and am unhappy. No pictures, no decals, no nothing. Just a regular old ticket. I think someone posted a link earlier in the year, I don't want to go digging for it, that Montana has the highest per game average for tickets in the FCS. If I am mistaken, please correct me. So with my 400 bucks for season tickets, (2), for 6 games the University cannot put the players, or at least have some sort of glossy GRIZ decal on them? Ticket prices go up every year, nothing new to anyone, but I am just wondering with all that extra money we couldn't have the same type of tickets that other teams do, and the Griz have had the past 5 years?

When you get season tickets, or regular ones, do they have the players/team/logo/glossy on them?

I am assuming that players friends, parents, grandparents enjoy the fact that there is a chance to see their son, or daughter for basketball, on a game ticket.

xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawl ingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

Dear god, its a flippin' ticket. Just be happy you're going to the game!

PantherRob82
August 13th, 2009, 09:24 PM
We've had the one big picture made out of tickets for a few years now.

93henfan
August 13th, 2009, 09:46 PM
:)

MSUBear42
August 13th, 2009, 09:47 PM
MSU has the same tickets we've had since the early 90s (only difference is "MSU-TIX" instead of "SMS-TIX")

STUPID AND HIDEOUS!

appfan2008
August 13th, 2009, 09:49 PM
still havent received my tickets yet... still waiting...

AppStsGr8
August 14th, 2009, 07:32 AM
still havent received my tickets yet... still waiting...

Supposedly, those of us with parking passes and AD "gift" will be getting tix in the next few days. The packets were supposed to be finished yesterday or today with mailing shortly thereafter. I can't wait!

Uncle Buck
August 14th, 2009, 09:50 AM
:)

Ah, the dirty sock, i see it now. I like the whole pic thing but i see what you mean as you start tearing off tix. It would be cool if they had a smaller pic of standout players for each game.

EllsworthGriz
August 14th, 2009, 10:36 AM
MSU has the same tickets we've had since the early 90s (only difference is "MSU-TIX" instead of "SMS-TIX")

STUPID AND HIDEOUS!

That looks like a great place to watch a football game. Enjoy

89Hen
August 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I STILL haven't received mine for this year and I'm worried. Then again, when your first home game isn't until the middle of September, I guess they figure they've got time.
xoopsx UD is back to a regular schedule with three home games to open the season. xthumbsupx

89Hen
August 14th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Ah, the dirty sock, i see it now. I like the whole pic thing but i see what you mean as you start tearing off tix. It would be cool if they had a smaller pic of standout players for each game.
Looks like JMU gets part of the dirty sock, but also gets the stinky shoes. Hofstra is just the dirty sock and a wait for it..... a stinky stool. :p

Uncle Buck
August 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Looks like JMU gets part of the dirty sock, but also gets the stinky shoes. Hofstra is just the dirty sock and a wait for it..... a stinky stool. :p

Damn, i didn't even pay attention to the games. Little old Hofstra getting the raw deal, a stinky sock and a crappy stool to boot! xsmhx

appfan2008
August 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM
last year asu gave us some pretty awesome credit card looking things with a picture of the stadium on it... but this year I hear we will be back to paper...

mcveyrl
August 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM

I saw that. You don't think they designed the tickets and then scheduled the games accordingly, do you??? xeyebrowxxeyebrowx

93henfan
August 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I saw that. You don't think they designed the tickets and then scheduled the games accordingly, do you??? xeyebrowxxeyebrowx

Those aren't fumes coming off the shoes. Those are streamers. ;)

Grizo406
August 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
:o....DIDN'T REALIZE...AH WAS AN INCH....OFF......:o......AWK!

FWIW, you were 2 inches off.xrolleyesx:D:D

http://www.egriz.com/grizpics/albums/userpics/10001/normal_griz_stadium_from_above.jpg

Grizzaholic
August 14th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Thank you to those that posted pics of their tickets. Nice to see other schools still put some effort into their tickets.

Grizzaholic
August 14th, 2009, 07:19 PM
xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawl ingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

Dear god, its a flippin' ticket. Just be happy you're going to the game!

So if you were a parent or grandparent of a student/athlete, you wouldn't want to have your child's picture on the ticket for x game? xeyebrowx

mtgrizfan4life
August 14th, 2009, 07:25 PM
For me, I could care less what a ticket looks like for a game. If it gets me into the game, then I am happy. If one wants pictures and momentos, there are programs, team pictures, etc.

Husky Alum
August 16th, 2009, 08:30 AM
NU's tickets are basic white ticket stock with a black and red N that's a quasi water mark.

Black print on the tickets - REAL Boring, but who cares. I'd rather spend the money on something else.

I have a MVP Pass (season tickets for football, m/w hoops, m/w hockey) that's a white credit card looking thing.

biggie
August 17th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Our tickets came in, plastic card with Coach Moore on them. I haven't seen them, just described by friend that got them.

CopperCat
August 17th, 2009, 09:31 AM
So if you were a parent or grandparent of a student/athlete, you wouldn't want to have your child's picture on the ticket for x game? xeyebrowx

With how many student athletes there are at any given school, the chances of your kid being on the ticket are pretty small. If I wanted a picture of my kid, I would bring my camera and get him on the field where it actually mattered.

And thanks for the neg rep. A rather spineless move from another spoiled griz fan.

mcveyrl
August 29th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Holy Shizzle. We just got our tickets and they are awesome!

They're in a glossy spiral bound book. Some pages of advertisements, the tickets are all on one page (I would assume they just inserted pages for each season ticket ordered and parking passes are in the back. It also gives an update on the stadium project and ticket purchase info for when it's ready. I'll post pictures soon, but I had to post on here to say that I'm impressed.

Grizzaholic
August 29th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Holy Shizzle. We just got our tickets and they are awesome!

They're in a glossy spiral bound book. Some pages of advertisements, the tickets are all on one page (I would assume they just inserted pages for each season ticket ordered and parking passes are in the back. It also gives an update on the stadium project and ticket purchase info for when it's ready. I'll post pictures soon, but I had to post on here to say that I'm impressed.

xthumbsupxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

ChickenMan
August 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Who cares about fancy tickets.. Montana probably has the top football facility in the FCS and THAT is what really matters.

kirkblitz
August 29th, 2009, 02:55 PM
our tickets are white with a outlined chanticleer head on them, last year they were green. All the other fcs games i've been to have awesome tickets xnonono2x

JayJ79
August 29th, 2009, 03:14 PM
We've had the one big picture made out of tickets for a few years now.

Not really one big picture, as each ticket is mostly a seperate self-contained shot (other than the "UNI PANTHER FOOTBALL 2009" that runs across the whole page.
And the middle two tickets (Indiana State and SIU) do combine to make a bigger picture, but they also look okay by themselves with TC on one, and the UNI logo on the flag on the other)

http://pics.livejournal.com/jayj79/pic/0002px37/s640x480 (http://pics.livejournal.com/jayj79/pic/0002px37)

JayJ79
August 29th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I believe UNI has the glossy tickets for season tickets only (and just for football and MBB),
while individual game tickets are a standard design (which makes sense, since they print the individuals at the time of purchase, where as there is more time with season tickets to send them out to the printers and whatnot).

I think it's kind of a neat bonus incentive to get season tickets (not that someone is going to buy season tickets JUST to get the glossies, but still). Of course, it sucks if they end up tearing the glossy ticket in half at the door because the ticket scanner thing doesn't work at that location. xbangx

mcveyrl
August 30th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Who cares about fancy tickets.. Montana probably has the top football facility in the FCS and THAT is what really matters.

xrolleyesxxrolleyesx

Nice unnecessary post.

Of course facilities trump tickets. I can't think of much that doesn't trump tickets. But the whole thread is about them and compared to years past, I was impressed with ours.