PDA

View Full Version : Armanti Edwards - Update and News Story Thread

hapapp
August 9th, 2009, 01:01 PM
The cut apparently was to the bone.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/aug/09/edwards-has-at-least-30-stitches/sports/

Uncle Buck
August 9th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Hopefully it heals quick. I've had foot surgury as well as stitches to close up a should injury, any sharp movement like throwing a ball killed. You could almost feel the scar tissue break up as you moved. I'm sure that foot will be heavily taped come game day, you have to wonder if that along slows him down a step.

GoDukes86
August 9th, 2009, 03:19 PM
30 stitches is a long cut on the foot. I hope they're right about no damage or breaks, that foot will stay pretty sore for more than 4 weeks.

jonmac
August 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Armanti's comment was "at least 30 stitches". Now, does that mean there were more or he does not really know how many. I would think Armanti would know how many stitches he got. Is he playing it down or playing it up. Hard to tell. Could be a bit of gamesmanship. I just hope he heel's fast and has no lingering problems. Maybe we should turn it over to DP in Greenville. Wouldn't it be great to beat them without AE.

OL FU
August 9th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Armanti's comment was "at least 30 stitches". Now, does that mean there were more or he does not really know how many. I would think Armanti would know how many stitches he got. Is he playing it down or playing it up. Hard to tell. Could be a bit of gamesmanship. I just hope he heel's fast and has no lingering problems. Maybe we should turn it over to DP in Greenville. Wouldn't it be great to beat them without AE.

It would great for you to win in the lesser Greenville, not so much in the better Greenville:p:)

phoenix3
August 9th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Hopefully no ligamentous or tendinous injury. Sincere wishes for a speedy recovery.

AppStsGr8
August 9th, 2009, 05:32 PM
30 stitches is a long cut on the foot. I hope they're right about no damage or breaks, that foot will stay pretty sore for more than 4 weeks.

It's quite possible that there are layers of stitches starting at the deepest point of the slice and working up to the outer skin. That would also make it more difficult to know how many stitches one has. The lowest layer of stitching is dissolving suture material, so those aren't taken out like the top layer.

In any case, I hope AE heals quickly and well.

KAUMASS
August 9th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I caught a line drive one hopper with my upper lip in college baseball playing first base. It sliced my upper lip in half, and I still have the laces scar. I had 52 stiches within a one inch gash. There is also a little thing called cortisone that will have AE feeling no pain against EC. I fully expect him to play, if he doesn't, this injury was more severe than reported.

Good luck to App State against EC.

AppStsGr8
August 9th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I caught a line drive one hopper with my upper lip in college baseball playing first base. It sliced my upper lip in half, and I still have the laces scar. I had 52 stiches within a one inch gash. There is also a little thing called cortisone that will have AE feeling no pain against EC. I fully expect him to play, if he doesn't, this injury was more severe than reported.

OUCH! That's a nasty way to catch a baseball. Thanks for affirming my assumption that the number of stitches doesn't necessarily correlate to the length of the cut.

Thanks, too, for the well wishes against ECU. I hope I'll be watching a completely healed AE at QB for my beloved Mountaineers.

Uncle Buck
August 9th, 2009, 07:20 PM

Yeah but if he wants a shot at the next level, even if it's not at QB, he couldn't risk shooting up a pain killer and injuring it worse by not letting it heal. This injury could be bigger than everyone thinks. If the cut is that deep, the planting and running and cutting (no pun intended), that could really make it tough for that cut to fully heal up and close. That will mean a boat load of tape and again, what does that do to mobility? Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

GoDukes86
August 9th, 2009, 07:58 PM

Naturally a baseball will make a different wound than a mower blade. The amount of stitches on the lip or face warrants more to reduce scarring. If he has that many stitches, I'm betting the blade caused a long laceration. It's a moot point however, we may not know until later the extent of his injury.

JROCK98
August 9th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I think the coaches sit him out of the ECU game to not risk him missing future FCS and conference games.
I think the staff is preparing DP for the start!

KiddBrewer
August 9th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I think the coaches sit him out of the ECU game to not risk him missing future FCS and conference games.
I think the staff is preparing DP for the start!

he'll play.

sidenote: intentionally made "he" quite vague.

but seriously, i think AE plays

MR. CHICKEN
August 9th, 2009, 10:29 PM
WE WANT HIM TA PLAY......xnodx......BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

ASU_Fanatic
August 9th, 2009, 10:31 PM
He'll be fine for ECU. He always plays through little injury's like this.

Seven Would Be Nice
August 10th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Is there any talk of him taking a medical redshirt?

Thats a lot of stitches.. I can't imagine the doctors letting him run and juke on that thing anytime soon.

DLS
August 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM
neosporin has been proven to heal cuts two weeks faster than a band-aid by itself.

ericsaid
August 10th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Atleast Deandres been prepped like the starter since spring so the game against ECU I think he'll do fine if he's required to start which I believe he'll have to.

grizzpaw
August 10th, 2009, 11:04 AM
30 sounds like a lot but in today's world it's not. only a few years ago u would get that many and have a battle scar(i have a few)! in today's medicine 30 will leave a small scar, no long term effects i would expect! u will c him in the first game!

ASU
August 10th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I agree. I bet he does not play against East Carolina or McNeese State.

smallcollegefbfan
August 10th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I agree. I bet he does not play against East Carolina or McNeese State.

Word on the street is that they plan to play him against East Carolina. At least that is the word coming out of Boone. You never know though. ASU could be playing a trick on everyone and come out with Presley as the starter. I guess we just have to watch the game to see for sure. :)

asknoquarter21
August 10th, 2009, 11:22 AM
The only way he doesn't play against McNeese is if he is like 60%. Armanti without his running ability is still a very good QB(see SCSU game). He won't play against ECU if we are going to run the same kind of plain vanilla offense that we called against LSU last year.

If the coached aren't planning on going in to win the game Armanti won't play.

Armanti also won't play against ECU if he hasn't been able to practice the week before. We have the best team we have ever had this year, and there is no need to risk getting AE hurt if he isn't already 100%.

appirishmen
August 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.appfan.com/blog/?p=2715#comments

blueballs
August 10th, 2009, 01:38 PM
We have the best team we have ever had this year...

That remains to be seen.

Bam
August 10th, 2009, 01:46 PM
PTI rocks.

asknoquarter21
August 10th, 2009, 01:46 PM
That remains to be seen.

Sorry,

I should have said on paper. If healthy this team could potentially run the table. The Socon is tough and we always have at least one game we just play terrible so winning every game is going to be very tough and probably won't happen.

This is of course excluding the ECU game in which we are not favored to win.

KiddBrewer
August 10th, 2009, 01:51 PM
30 sounds like a lot but in today's world it's not. only a few years ago u would get that many and have a battle scar(i have a few)! in today's medicine 30 will leave a small scar, no long term effects i would expect! u will c him in the first game!

yea....that.......or maybe he doesnt even have 30 stitches.........xcoffeex

JSU02
August 10th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Traumatic wounds like this (especially something nasty like a lawnmower blade) are usually not sutured very tightly so that they have room to drain. 30 sounds like a lot, but of course, I didn't get to see the wound.

DLS
August 10th, 2009, 02:36 PM
http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2009/0810/0810_450_football.jpg

"Football flip-out
Appalachian State University defensive lineman Lanston Tanyi takes backup quarterback DeAndre Presley for a ride during a break in the Mountaineers’ media day on Saturday at Kidd Brewer Stadium. Photo by Mark Mitchell"

xoopsx

ASU
August 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM
http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2009/0810/0810_450_football.jpg

"Football flip-out
Appalachian State University defensive lineman Lanston Tanyi takes backup quarterback DeAndre Presley for a ride during a break in the Mountaineers’ media day on Saturday at Kidd Brewer Stadium. Photo by Mark Mitchell"

xoopsx

What worries me about any Armanti's injury is the fact that we were told before the Richmond game last year that Armanti would play.....that after seeing how poorly he hobbled around on the field against S.C. State the week before.

He was OK to play against Wofford and GaSo the year before, but should not have it seems.

I just think that they take his word for it more than they should. It looks like it would be hard to even stand on 30 or more stitches, much less play....at noon, sweating, with maybe 90 something degree temperatures on a hot field.

Just saying.....

PaladinFan
August 10th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Sorry,

I should have said on paper. If healthy this team could potentially run the table. The Socon is tough and we always have at least one game we just play terrible so winning every game is going to be very tough and probably won't happen.

This is of course excluding the ECU game in which we are not favored to win.

Yeah, I was about to catch you on that statement too. App's offense will be one of the best in the league, that's for sure. However, IMO, App's defense is nowhere close to the calibre of the 2005 unit.

ASU's MO has become score as quickly and as often as possible. That's fine and good, but the defense has to play much better to back up that statement.

appfan2008
August 10th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I dont know if he plays ecu or even mcneese for that matter but I for one hope he doesnt... there is no reason to put further strain on that in games that essentially dont matter for any more than pride... our goal is to win the socon and then once in the playoffs see what happens from there...

james_lawfirm
August 10th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I was about to catch you on that statement too. App's offense will be one of the best in the league, that's for sure. However, IMO, App's defense is nowhere close to the calibre of the 2005 unit.

ASU's MO has become score as quickly and as often as possible. That's fine and good, but the defense has to play much better to back up that statement.

I understand your point. Hunter and Murrell as DE bookends were BEASTS. No question about it. However, I don't think the 2005 O was as potent as it will be this year (assuming a healthy AE). Even if AE is somewhat hobbled, the O still has some weapons that will have to be stopped.

My point is that with a potent O, scoring at will and quickly, the D may be playing more than their fair share. Past Ds (2006, 2007, & 2008) were pretty darn good, BUT they were on the field alot. IF they are on the field alot (more than 50% of the time) they will get scored on some.

One game that comes to mind that presents these problems is the ASU v. Wofford matchup on Halloween 2008 seen on ESPN2. Final score was 70 - 24. Wofford had almost 500 yards of O, but App's O put on a clinic. If you look at the D's stats, it look like Wofford ran all over us. But, if you look closer at the game, over half of the Wofford points came in the first 5 minutes. 'Nuff said. That was a game for the ages, at least for App fans. (And, I bet the time of possession was lopsided in Wofford's favor, but I don't know that for sure.)

hapapp
August 10th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure how good the defense will perform on the field this year, but on paper it should be an outstanding unit if experience counts for anything. I know Coach Moore thinks the secondary is likely the best he has ever coached at ASU. The linebacking corps should be strong despite the loss of Banks. The d-line is obviously the question mark. This is a group that had its troubles last year. I suppose it comes down to how much this unit has improved with the experience of a year behind them.

JohnStOnge
August 10th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry but: What an idiot.

People could say the same thing about me in certain instances.

But still: What an idiot for allowing this to happen.

james_lawfirm
August 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I'm sorry but: What an idiot.

People could say the same thing about me in certain instances.

But still: What an idiot for allowing this to happen.

Poop happens. It's usually one's response to the poop that determines the outcome. We'll see.

KiddBrewer
August 10th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure how good the defense will perform on the field this year, but on paper it should be an outstanding unit if experience counts for anything. I know Coach Moore thinks the secondary is likely the best he has ever coached at ASU. The linebacking corps should be strong despite the loss of Banks. The d-line is obviously the question mark. This is a group that had its troubles last year. I suppose it comes down to how much this unit has improved with the experience of a year behind them.

agreed.....ill say it.....should be the best appalachian state defense ever. yea i said it.

and he's gonna play. and play well. at 95%.

Reign of Terrier
August 10th, 2009, 08:06 PM
agreed.....ill say it.....should be the best appalachian state defense ever. yea i said it.

and he's gonna play. and play well. at 95%.

Jinx

KiddBrewer
August 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Jinx

confidence

Reign of Terrier
August 10th, 2009, 08:09 PM
confidence

it would suck to have to eat your wordsxnodx

KiddBrewer
August 10th, 2009, 08:12 PM
it would suck to have to eat your wordsxnodx

you cant jinx a man that runs over his own foot with a lawnmower. fate will apparently have its way with mr. edwards.

Reign of Terrier
August 10th, 2009, 08:13 PM
you cant jinx a man that runs over his own foot with a lawnmower. fate will apparently have its way with mr. edwards.

funny, I didn't hear that the defense ran over their feet with a lawnmower:p

KiddBrewer
August 10th, 2009, 08:21 PM
funny, I didn't hear that the defense ran over their feet with a lawnmower:p

ohhh that little statement....yea.....that will be up to debate no matter what little ol' me says. so i FULLY expect you to look this quote up and shove it in my face when our defense gives up some points one game.....but the debate will still be open, cause 05,06,and 07 all had games where they gave up points.......if in fact one would consider those the best defenses....which is also up for debate i suppose.....ha one big debate......but seriously, the defense of 2009 SHOULD BE, like i said (not will be), the best.

Reign of Terrier
August 10th, 2009, 08:30 PM
ohhh that little statement....yea.....that will be up to debate no matter what little ol' me says. so i FULLY expect you to look this quote up and shove it in my face when our defense gives up some points one game.....but the debate will still be open, cause 05,06,and 07 all had games where they gave up points.......if in fact one would consider those the best defenses....which is also up for debate i suppose.....ha one big debate......but seriously, the defense of 2009 SHOULD BE, like i said (not will be), the best.

I already copied, pasted and put on MS word. You could have some problems on October 18. All we had have to do is well score 18 points and 2/3s of those teams will be considered better. (I honestly think '07 is a little over-rated defensively IMO)

KiddBrewer
August 10th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I already copied, pasted and put on MS word. You could have some problems on October 18. All we had have to do is well score 18 points and 2/3s of those teams will be considered better. (I honestly think '07 is a little over-rated defensively IMO)

yea i agree about 2007....and 2005 was probably the best so far......but put an * beside your Word document.....

*the brilliant KiddBrewer did in fact say "should" and is therefore not liable for eventual outcomes and subsequently not subject to public harassment and/or abuse.
:)

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 10th, 2009, 08:53 PM
The only way he doesn't play against McNeese is if he is like 60%. Armanti without his running ability is still a very good QB(see SCSU game).

No offense to the MEAC, but they haven't exactly been stellar in playoff games lately. You guys played air raid offense against Richmond and turned the ball over 4 times and got the worst loss at home you've had in probably many years. I think if App. was throwing the ball 40+ times a game last year, they would have been 7-5 in the regular season at best. You guys need the QB to be able to run for your offense to work. I think the staff will play Presley if AE isn't 100% for running.

KiddBrewer
August 10th, 2009, 09:02 PM
No offense to the MEAC, but they haven't exactly been stellar in playoff games lately. You guys played air raid offense against Richmond and turned the ball over 4 times and got the worst loss at home you've had in probably many years. I think if App. was throwing the ball 40+ times a game last year, they would have been 7-5 in the regular season at best. You guys need the QB to be able to run for your offense to work. I think the staff will play Presley if AE isn't 100% for running.

Armanti Edwards

year, games, ratings, completions, attempts, comp. percentage, td, int, rushing attempts, yards rushing, rushing average, rushing td's

2006 15 140.72 167 274 60.9 2,251 15 10 188 1,153 6.1 15

2007 11 159.34 148 222 66.7 1,948 17 7 237 1,588 6.7 21

2008 13 170.20 196 306 64.1 2,902 30 9 193 941 4.9 11

threw more last year than any other, went undefeated in conference, team couldnt do anything vs. richmond, but i doubt we would be 7-5.

Skjellyfetti
August 10th, 2009, 09:17 PM
You guys played air raid offense against Richmond and turned the ball over 4 times and got the worst loss at home you've had in probably many years.

7 turnovers and 5 interceptions.

xbawlingx

KiddBrewer
August 10th, 2009, 09:25 PM
7 turnovers and 5 interceptions.

xbawlingx

just one super bad day.....still feel bad about how much i cursed.....xoopsxxnonono2x

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 10th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Armanti Edwards

year, games, ratings, completions, attempts, comp. percentage, td, int, rushing attempts, yards rushing, rushing average, rushing td's

2006 15 140.72 167 274 60.9 2,251 15 10 188 1,153 6.1 15

2007 11 159.34 148 222 66.7 1,948 17 7 237 1,588 6.7 21

2008 13 170.20 196 306 64.1 2,902 30 9 193 941 4.9 11

threw more last year than any other, went undefeated in conference, team couldnt do anything vs. richmond, but i doubt we would be 7-5.

Try these stats...
passing attempts in each game...
LSU 31
Jacksonville 16
JMU 19
Presbyterian 24
The Citadel 18
Samford 29
Georgia Southern 23
Furman 24
Wofford 22
Chattanooga 20
Elon 18
Western Carolina 25
South Carolina State 41
Richmond 42

So you average about 22 passes per game going into the playoffs, and you throw it 41 and 42 times respectively in the playoff games. That's a big change there.

Bearkats94
August 10th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I can just see his face now when some OL man steps on that foot now. xeekx xbawlingx xarguex xbabycryx xshakingmadx xpissedx xflamemadx

mrklean
August 10th, 2009, 11:38 PM
If the cut was to the bone, then it did some major damage to the muscles anf nerves in his foot. He will be lucky to play at mid season. I wish him luck. Man what will they do now???

KiddBrewer
August 10th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Try these stats...
LSU 31
Jacksonville 16
JMU 19
Presbyterian 24
The Citadel 18
Samford 29
Georgia Southern 23
Furman 24
Wofford 22
Chattanooga 20
Elon 18
Western Carolina 25
South Carolina State 41
Richmond 42

So you average about 22 passes per game going into the playoffs, and you throw it 41 and 42 times respectively in the playoff games. That's a big change there.

ok, fair enough....but it wasnt like armanti was running the ball during the regular season like he had the previous year....ill agree that we need to run to do well (although i still dont see 7-5 even if we didnt), but i dont think it has to be armanti, or the quarterback, running the ball all of, or the majority of the time necessarily

JROCK98
August 11th, 2009, 06:31 AM
ASU also did not have a healthy running back when the playoffs started, that is the main reason the pass attempts went way up compared to the regular season.

appfan2008
August 11th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Try these stats...
LSU 31
Jacksonville 16
JMU 19
Presbyterian 24
The Citadel 18
Samford 29
Georgia Southern 23
Furman 24
Wofford 22
Chattanooga 20
Elon 18
Western Carolina 25
South Carolina State 41
Richmond 42

i sat there in the stands thinking the same thing... i wish we had run the ball more even if we didnt have healthy backs... it was what we do...

appfan2008
August 11th, 2009, 08:10 AM
If the cut was to the bone, then it did some major damage to the muscles anf nerves in his foot. He will be lucky to play at mid season. I wish him luck. Man what will they do now???

they are claiming he will be ready for the first game... we shall see...

blueballs
August 11th, 2009, 11:53 AM
ASU also did not have a healthy running back when the playoffs started, that is the main reason the pass attempts went way up compared to the regular season.

App was playing from behind in the playoffs too...

asknoquarter21
August 11th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I consider the loss to Richmond more of a combination of things. We didn't have healthy RBs, pass Protection was terrible and Armanti wasn't healthy.

The weather wasn't doing the passing game any favors that game.

I don't remember exactly but I am thinking all of those ints were weren't Armanti's fault either. If I remember correctly the WRs fell down on 2 of them and 2 other Ints occurred when armanti was getting hit as he threw. One play like that usually changes a game and we had 4. I remember one INT being a bad decision by Armanti. To have 4 errors like that and 7 total turnovers and to still have a chance within the final 5 minutes just shows our offense can still be pass heavy.

granted, it isn't our normal game plan, but to say we would be 7-5 is a bit absurd. I realize this kind of mistakes happen when you throw the ball a lot, but you can't honestly expect to have 5 INTs and 4 being miscues to happen every time we throw the ball 40 times.

Richmond was the best Defense we played outside of LSU and I give them credit but you can't expect that performance to be the norm. Even still with as bad of a day passing as it was if you take 1 of those INTs away we might win that game.

We are better throwing 25 times a game, but saying we can't throw 40 is just wrong.
Sometimes you just have bad luck and a team has your number.

AppAlum2003
August 11th, 2009, 12:00 PM

ASU led 7 - 6 at halftime.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview?gameId=283412026

Waco Kid
August 11th, 2009, 12:05 PM
The number of pass attempts wasn't as big of an issue as the injury keeping AE from throwing the ball and running the ball like normal. Plus once UR saw that we had no running game they sat back in coverage and waited for the passes. Even with them knowing we had to throw every down we still had a chance to win mid way into the 4th.

Many of us believe that had Pressley played we would have won the game. Doesn't matter now anyways.

Skjellyfetti
August 11th, 2009, 12:07 PM

Not really. We were behind for 1 minute in the second quarter in the SC State game.

People forget this since we got beat so bad... but, we were winning at halftime aganst Richmond... Richmond took their first lead with 9:05 left in the 3rd quarter... the only time we were really playing from behind was in the second half of the Richmond game.

So, we certainly abandoned the run a bit late in the 3rd and 4th quarter because we were down... but, we couldn't run the ball at all on Richmond in the first half when we were up... and that's a credit to Richmond's defense among other things.

Skjellyfetti
August 11th, 2009, 12:18 PM
This is completely off topic... but I was reliving the Richmond game looking over the stats and it left me nauseous... I think this was the first time since the game I have actually gone back and looked at the them... So I thought I would share... plus, I'm bored and can't think about much else but football this week.

Look at the difference in time of possesion between the first half and second:

First half= Appalachian controlled the clock 15:51-14:09

3rd quarter= Richmond controlled the clock 10:57-4:03
4th quarter= Richmond controlled the clock 11:39-3:21
xsmhx

Our final 7 drives of the season:

Interception
Interception
Fumble
Touchdown
Interception
Interception
Interception

:pumpuke:

theasushow
August 11th, 2009, 02:54 PM
This is completely off topic... but I was reliving the Richmond game looking over the stats and it left me nauseous... I think this was the first time since the game I have actually gone back and looked at the them... So I thought I would share... plus, I'm bored and can't think about much else but football this week.

xsmhx

Interception
Interception
Fumble
Touchdown
Interception
Interception
Interception

excuse me while i puke.

jmufan999
August 11th, 2009, 03:25 PM
[Armanti's] passing attempts in each game...
LSU 31
Jacksonville 16
JMU 19
Presbyterian 24
The Citadel 18
Samford 29
Georgia Southern 23
Furman 24
Wofford 22
Chattanooga 20
Elon 18
Western Carolina 25
South Carolina State 41
Richmond 42

you're missing something huge. one reason that teams suddenly abandon the run is because they get behind. you guys fell behind badly, you can't expect to be running the ball when you're falling that far behind.

last year, Jake Delhomme averaged 25.8 pass attempts per game. the panthers went 12-5, including the playoff game. in the 5 losses, he averaged 31.2 pass attempts/game.

it wasn't an accident, you HAVE to attempt more passes when you fall behind. moral of the story: don't fall behind.

appfan2008
August 11th, 2009, 03:29 PM

xsmhx

Interception
Interception
Fumble
Touchdown
Interception
Interception
Interception

wow i knew it was bad but damn i forgot how horrific it was... looking back i thought we had a shot to make a run after that td in the middle but obviously it wasnt meant to be...

appfan2008
August 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
you're missing something huge. one reason that teams suddenly abandon the run is because they get behind. you guys fell behind badly, you can't expect to be running the ball when you're falling that far behind.

last year, Jake Delhomme averaged 25.8 pass attempts per game. the panthers went 12-5, including the playoff game. in the 5 losses, he averaged 31.2 pass attempts/game.

it wasn't an accident, you HAVE to attempt more passes when you fall behind. moral of the story: don't fall behind.

as already pointed out we were not playing from behind in the scst game and not until the 3rd quarter in the rich game... not really a fair argument i dont believe

Rekdiver
August 11th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I wonder if passing attempts has any correlation to how late AE and CH stayed out the night before the game?

I can say this with all certainty. Richmond came to play and showed me something. They earned their win over us and the NC.

BULLDOG8180
August 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM

You shoulda used a glove

KiddBrewer
August 11th, 2009, 11:48 PM

guy that said that isnt an app fan, for what its worth/by the way.xcoffeex

ericsaid
August 12th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Armanti had a bum knee and hip pointer going into the playoffs. He sat out against WCU after the Elon game where he sustained the injuries then had to start the next week against SCSU.

That and the RB injury situation were the main things.

AppStsGr8
August 12th, 2009, 07:52 AM
wow i knew it was bad but damn i forgot how horrific it was... looking back i thought we had a shot to make a run after that td in the middle but obviously it wasnt meant to be...

One thing I remember most strongly from that game is how many App fans stayed until the bitter end (the very bitter end) and stood to applaud the team for a mighty fine ride. Yeah, the loss was a huge one, but many of us stood there thankful for 3 National Championships and tons of great football at THE ROCK. More great App football on the way ... soon!

Back2theROCK!
August 12th, 2009, 08:13 AM
One thing I remember most strongly from that game is how many App fans stayed until the bitter end (the very bitter end) and stood to applaud the team for a mighty fine ride. Yeah, the loss was a huge one, but many of us stood there thankful for 3 National Championships and tons of great football at THE ROCK. More great App football on the way ... soon!

I agree, it was painfull to watch but the guys kept trying until the end; even if it did mean more ints. I was one standing and applauding at the end and I will be there on Sept 5 doing the same. The true App Fans have been there and will be there through the good times and the bad!

Go App!

URMite
August 12th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Skjellyfetti

Interception
Interception
Fumble
Touchdown
Interception
Interception
Interception

excuse me while i puke. .

If you want to feel better, than combine the 2007 & 2008 UR/ASU game stats. xoopsx

ur2k
August 12th, 2009, 10:13 AM
If you want to feel better, than combine the 2007 & 2008 UR/ASU game stats. xoopsx

I'd love to see the rubber match as the last game at UR stadium this December in the semis.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 12th, 2009, 11:11 AM

https://admin.xosn.com/fls/21500/StatsHTML/football/2008/asu1206.htm#GAME.PLY

I went back through the play-by-play of that game and I counted 19 passes (almost half of ASU's passes for the day) in the first half. And keep in mind ASU held the lead in the game for most of the first half. ASU was pretty much slinging the ball around from the get-go because between AEs injury and not having either of their top-2 RBs they couldn't move the ball with the running game.

And yeah, getting back to my other point I made - I think App. would have been 5-3 in SoCon play at best if their running game (which accounts for more than half of ASU's offense) was as crippled in every SoCon game as it was in the Richmond game. Don't mean this to knock Edwards - it's just that your passing playbook isn't designed for rushing the ball 15-20 times a game.

grizband
August 12th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I'd love to see the rubber match as the last game at UR stadium this December in the semis.
I'd love a rubber match game too, in Washington-Grizzly, in December!

AppIAA
August 12th, 2009, 11:13 AM
https://admin.xosn.com/fls/21500/StatsHTML/football/2008/asu1206.htm#GAME.PLY

I went back through the play-by-play of that game and I counted 19 passes (almost half of ASU's passes for the day) in the first half. And keep in mind ASU held the lead in the game for most of the first half. ASU was pretty much slinging the ball around from the get-go because between AEs injury and not having either of their top-4 RBs they couldn't move the ball with the running game.

And yeah, getting back to my other point I made - I think App. would have been 5-3 in SoCon play at best if their running game (which accounts for more than half of ASU's offense) was as crippled in every SoCon game as it was in the Richmond game. Don't mean this to knock Edwards - it's just that your passing playbook isn't designed for rushing the ball 15-20 times a game.

Fixed it for you ;)

ur2k
August 12th, 2009, 12:24 PM

We've already done that. We've got a Grizz win at home, a UR win at a neutral site, next up would be a match-up at UR stadium. We need a seed this year to make these happen.

T-Dog
August 12th, 2009, 02:16 PM

I don't know if you know this, but Montana is all the way on the other side of the country.

JMU Newbill
August 12th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I don't know if you know this, but Montana is all the way on the other side of the country.

This country? I thought Montana was in Canada.

Reign of Terrier
August 12th, 2009, 03:08 PM
This country? I thought Montana was in Canada.

they seceded recently...or was that Texasxconfusedx

hawkeye
August 12th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Bet the person who rents this home to him has been getting some calls wondering why they make the towns starting QB mow the lawn.

CrackerRiley
August 13th, 2009, 12:20 PM

yep, the worst part of that game was watching the people file out in the fourth quarter. first time I witnessed it in my 4 years at app. I'll admit, I had tears in my eyes as I applauded the seniors off the field.

EmeryZach
August 13th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Doesn't Armanti know that you can go to Home Depot or Lowes and grab a guy hanging out front to mow your lawn for $20?

appmaj
August 13th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Doesn't Armanti know that you can go to Home Depot or Lowes and grab a guy hanging out front to mow your lawn for $20?

Not in Boone

EmeryZach
August 13th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Not in Boone

Really? You guys don't have anyone like that in Boone? Damn, that sucks. I use them for a lot of stuff around my house.

Seven Would Be Nice
August 13th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Really? You guys don't have anyone like that in Boone? Damn, that sucks. I use them for a lot of stuff around my house.

They do, but the problem is that most of the town is standing outside home depot with a sack lunch, and no one has $20.

appmaj
August 13th, 2009, 02:18 PM

There is no Home Depot in the heart of Lowe's Country.

asknoquarter21
August 13th, 2009, 02:22 PM
They do, but the problem is that most of the town is standing outside home depot with a sack lunch, and no one has $20.

I think your confused, the reason is that no one in Boone is lazy enough to not get off their *** and do it themselves.

McNeese75
August 13th, 2009, 02:29 PM
AE's lawnmower was not sporting a Briggs & Stratton engine was it? If so, I bet I know where it was manufactured xwhistlex

Briggs & Stratton
Manufacturing Division Locations:

7251 Zell Miller Pkwy
Statesboro, GA, 63901
(912) 871-5800

:D

http://http://www.briggsandstratton.com/corp/about_us/locations.aspx

eaglewraith
August 13th, 2009, 05:00 PM
AE's lawnmower was not sporting a Briggs & Stratton engine was it? If so, I bet I know where it was manufactured xwhistlex

Briggs & Stratton
Manufacturing Division Locations:

7251 Zell Miller Pkwy
Statesboro, GA, 63901
(912) 871-5800

http://http://www.briggsandstratton.com/corp/about_us/locations.aspx

This is the best damn post I've seen on this board in a long time

FormerPokeCenter
August 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Here's hoping Edwards heals quickly, cleanly and with no residual effects....

McNeese is in a rebuilding year. I don't think you've got much to fear from us....

AppStsGr8
August 13th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I think you're confused. The reason is that no one in Boone is lazy enough not to get off their *** and do it themselves.

And the people of the mountains said, "AMEN!".

BTW - Congratulations on the upcoming wedding AskNoQuarter21. Your bride's a real keeper!

AppStsGr8
August 13th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Here's hoping Edwards heals quickly, cleanly and with no residual effects....

McNeese is in a rebuilding year. I don't think you've got much to fear from us....

Rebuilding year or not - the game with McNeese is a key OOC game. Hopefully, everyone from both teams will be healthly come September 12.

TexasTerror
August 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Latest...

Edwards is wearing a protective boot on his foot but remains on crutches. Team doctors originally estimated Edwards would be out of action two to four weeks due to the injury.

Though it has sidelined him for preseason drills, Edwards narrowly avoided a more serious injury.

“I definitely thought it was a lot worse than it was,” Edwards said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/886841.html

CrackerRiley
August 13th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I really don't see him playing against ECU. What a shame... I doubt that will be the only game he misses too. Heres to a speedy-er recovery.

Skjellyfetti
August 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I think he'll be able to play in the ECU game... the coaches my hold him out just to make sure he's healthy for Socon games. But, apparently he is putting weight on it ahead of schedule and is supposed to get his stitches out on Monday (8/17).

Uncle Buck
August 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I just can't see them risking that thing tearing open again even though the stitches may come out. I would expect the coaches to make the smart move and give him the extra week of rest, even if he tells you he is ready to go. You're not winning the NC just by beating ECU, as nice as it may be. I would rather have an AE that is as close to 100% for all conference and FCS games.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 14th, 2009, 09:49 AM
D%^&

I was really looking forward to seeing how ASU would match up against ECU at 100%. I don't think they are going to play him in the ECU game, either. App fans won't admit it, but they can't afford two losses before SoCon play even starts. This could be one of those years like 2007 where no one has fewer than 2 SoCon losses when it's all over. IF that's the case, early losses to ECU and McNeese will mean they've got an uphill battle to make the playoffs.

Skjellyfetti
August 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM
If he gets his stitches out on Monday... that's almost 3 weeks without stitches and healing time before the ECU game... and there is no structural damage that would require more time to heal.

And, his shoulder was injured before the Michigan game... the coaches could have held him out... I know the conference games are the most important... but, I don't think we're going to go to ECU with the mindset of an exhibition game or anything.

I still think he plays until I hear something different.

Uncle Buck
August 14th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I think they have to rest him and get him as close to 100% as possible for the game against McNeese, then you have the bye week before Samford so that's another two weeks to heal. If possible, you play him against McNeese in a big OOC game, then rest him against Samford if Moore is comfortable with his chances using a back up.

This way he plays the one week, then has three more to get healthy before the long stretch through the remainder of the season.

Uncle Buck
August 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
If he gets his stitches out on Monday... that's almost 3 weeks without stitches and healing time before the ECU game... and there is no structural damage that would require more time to heal.

And, his shoulder was injured before the Michigan game... the coaches could have held him out... I know the conference games are the most important... but, I don't think we're going to go to ECU with the mindset of an exhibition game or anything.

I still think he plays until I hear something different.

Even with the stitches out on the surface, if they did have to put some in that dissolve underneath, who knows how long until that foot, even on the pinky toe side could sustain the impact that it would have to endure over the course of a game. Have had foot surgury and stitches in the past, walking i was fine, it could not imagine running and cutting on it.

smallcollegefbfan
August 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
D%^&

I was really looking forward to seeing how ASU would match up against ECU at 100%. I don't think they are going to play him in the ECU game, either. App fans won't admit it, but they can't afford two losses before SoCon play even starts. This could be one of those years like 2007 where no one has fewer than 2 SoCon losses when it's all over. IF that's the case, early losses to ECU and McNeese will mean they've got an uphill battle to make the playoffs.

I would be very surprised if ASU loses to McNeese.

Skjellyfetti
August 14th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Even with the stitches out on the surface, if they did have to put some in that dissolve underneath, who knows how long until that foot, even on the pinky toe side could sustain the impact that it would have to endure over the course of a game. Have had foot surgury and stitches in the past, walking i was fine, it could not imagine running and cutting on it.

Eh, it's not really worth arguing as noone really knows... we'll just have to see come September 5.

Everything I have read indicates that he is progressing faster than originally thought and is expecting to play in the ECU game. I'll believe that until I hear something different.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 14th, 2009, 10:12 AM

But were you recovering from some kind of joint or ligament damage?

Uncle Buck
August 14th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Technically a bone injury, but what bothered me the most were the stitches and that feeling of the cut healing. I just have to imagine a cut caused by a lawnmower blade has to be tough to close up.

Like Skjellyfetti said, it's just a wait and see situation. I hope for the best since you hate to see the premier player at any level out for injury, but if i were AE, as competitive as you want to be, you have to make sure you don't make it worse by coming back to soon. Especially if he's thinking about the next level and possible draft position.

ASU
August 14th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I would be very surprised if ASU loses to McNeese.

McNeese State came close to beating North Carolina last year. Weren't they undefeated in the regular season a couple of years ago? I would expect Appalachian to beat McNeese State also, but do not discount the Cowboys, they are a very solid team just about every year. Besides, Armanti probably will not play, I have learned not to believe all the hype about players returning, and if he doesn't...what is #2 DeAndre Presley is dinged up against East Carolina....could happen easily. Who do we play? An incoming freshman with a couple of weeks to learn the system? That could happen.

biggie
August 14th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Feel confident that AE will test it out fully before declaring himself to play at ECU. But a very tight wrap on the foot will probably be used when he does test it.

I figure McNeese to be a close/good game, but according to a few of their fans, they seem to think this is rebuilding year for them and don't expect as much, could be sandbagging. The new Rock and 30k+ fans hopefully will help us.

McNeese75
August 14th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Feel confident that AE will test it out fully before declaring himself to play at ECU. But a very tight wrap on the foot will probably be used when he does test it.

I figure McNeese to be a close/good game, but according to a few of their fans, they seem to think this is rebuilding year for them and don't expect as much, could be sandbagging. The new Rock and 30k+ fans hopefully will help us.

The crowd will not bother the Cowboys but those guys running around in black and gold may be a different story xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
August 14th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I really am starting to hope AE sits out the ecu game... we all to kick ecu's ass but i would pass that up to keep ae healthy for another socon title run and hopefully nc... if he goes out and hurts himself more in a win over ecu and then we suck in socon and dont make the playoffs then it sure wouldnt be worth it to me...

crossfire07
August 15th, 2009, 01:06 AM
The new Rock and 30k+ fans hopefully will help us.

most of them have played in front of twice the size of the crowd that will be in Boone so I don't think it is going to be anything new to them.I just want it to be a good game.

Saint3333
August 15th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Sometimes it is more about expectations. If your players think they are going into a typical FCS venue they may be surprised at what they see.

McNeese75
August 15th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Sometimes it is more about expectations. If your players think they are going into a typical FCS venue they may be surprised at what they see.

Oh we are not slighting the game day atmosphere at the Rock but there are players on the squad that played in front of pretty good crowds at Montana (fairly confident the Rock will not be any louder than the north endzone there), UNC, etc.

CrackerRiley
August 15th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Oh we are not slighting the game day atmosphere at the Rock but there are players on the squad that played in front of pretty good crowds at Montana (fairly confident the Rock will not be any louder than the north endzone there), UNC, etc.

There will be some factor, even if it is only slight. That game will be the first at the brand new stadium, so the Cowboys may see a crowd that no other team has seen before at the Rock... Hopefully xsmiley_wix

KiddBrewer
August 16th, 2009, 01:22 AM
There will be some factor, even if it is only slight. That game will be the first at the brand new stadium, so the Cowboys may see a crowd that no other team has seen before at the Rock... Hopefully xsmiley_wix

brand new stadium>>kinda misleading......theyve got the building done, but its not really a "new" stadium compared to last year.....i doubt it will be any louder.....could be wrong....if its louder than halloween, ill have a heart attack right there in the student section!

KiddBrewer
August 16th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I really am starting to hope AE sits out the ecu game... we all to kick ecu's ass but i would pass that up to keep ae healthy for another socon title run and hopefully nc... if he goes out and hurts himself more in a win over ecu and then we suck in socon and dont make the playoffs then it sure wouldnt be worth it to me...

armanti edwards once "made a name for himself" by beating a team in michigan.....

mr. presley needs a venue in which he can make a name for himself.......

im not saying anything, im just saying.......xcoffeexxrolleyesx:D

McNeese75
August 16th, 2009, 11:53 AM

I am really only talking about the size of the crowd and how loud it is. The other "Home Field" advantages of course will all be in place for the game.

crossfire07
August 16th, 2009, 03:58 PM
good teams have to learn how to overcome all of that " home field " stuff. remember Deleware?

smallcollegefbfan
August 16th, 2009, 04:19 PM
McNeese State came close to beating North Carolina last year. Weren't they undefeated in the regular season a couple of years ago? I would expect Appalachian to beat McNeese State also, but do not discount the Cowboys, they are a very solid team just about every year. Besides, Armanti probably will not play, I have learned not to believe all the hype about players returning, and if he doesn't...what is #2 DeAndre Presley is dinged up against East Carolina....could happen easily. Who do we play? An incoming freshman with a couple of weeks to learn the system? That could happen.

Trust me I am not saying that believing that McNeese is no good. I don't think they will win because ASU should be very jacked up for the home opener in the improved stadium and I do think ASU will want to take out frustrations from a bigger margin of defeat to ECU than they expect. I think they are going to take that out on McNeese and the fact that the Cowboys lost a lot on the OL and must face a very deep ASU DL will cause problems as well. They also lost the entire secondary and must face a very fast and deep receiving corps by ASU.

Now, with that said I do think they have very good play at QB, RB, and an underrated WR in Immanuel Friddle. I think McNeese should still win 7-9 games this year and will be a very solid team.

JohnStOnge
August 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Trust me I am not saying that believing that McNeese is no good. I don't think they will win because ASU should be very jacked up for the home opener in the improved stadium and I do think ASU will want to take out frustrations from a bigger margin of defeat to ECU than they expect. I think they are going to take that out on McNeese and the fact that the Cowboys lost a lot on the OL and must face a very deep ASU DL will cause problems as well. They also lost the entire secondary and must face a very fast and deep receiving corps by ASU.

Now, with that said I do think they have very good play at QB, RB, and an underrated WR in Immanuel Friddle. I think McNeese should still win 7-9 games this year and will be a very solid team.

I think that's a fair analysis. However, I don't think the fact that McNeese lost a lot in the secondary will be a factor. I think their secondary will be better this year than last.

biggie
August 17th, 2009, 09:04 AM
most of them have played in front of twice the size of the crowd that will be in Boone so I don't think it is going to be anything new to them.I just want it to be a good game.
I was putting more on App players being 'up' for the big crowd/new surroundings, more than the fans affecting McNeese.

McNeese75
August 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I was putting more on App players being 'up' for the big crowd/new surroundings, more than the fans affecting McNeese.

Makes sense. xnodx

crossfire07
August 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
just it being their first home game of the year will get players going and everything else is just going to add to it. pumped up they will be.

Blue Hen 53
August 17th, 2009, 02:42 PM
He's lucky, could have been MUCH worse! Hope he makes the opener.

ericsaid
August 17th, 2009, 06:18 PM
The stitches are out!!!!

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=204776498

appirishmen
August 17th, 2009, 06:34 PM
yay good news....but he still better not play if 100% and if it flares up comeoutta the game!!!we need him for more important games!!!!

Appinator
August 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Not going too overboard with everything.

I have never had an injury to this degree, or that required this many stitches, and everything that I can find online which references the healing of sutures seems like it takes much longer than than 14 days to 100% heal after their removal. Most mention that to participate in any lengthy physical activity before and after those 14 days have passed would require significant bandaging and reinforcement just to possibly be OK.

KiddBrewer
August 18th, 2009, 02:19 AM
The stitches are out!!!!

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=204776498

the most shocking/noteworthy thing from that article for me, by far.......

"Richie Williams took in the first workout of the day from the sidelines.

After leading Appalachian to its first national championship in 2005, Williams spent much of the next four years north of the border as a quarterback in the Canadian Football League. He was a member of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats from 2006-08 and began this season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers before returning to the states two weeks ago. He is now trying his hand at another sport, training as a jackman with NASCAR’s Drive for Diversity Crew Member Development program."

NASCAR + RICHIE WILLIAMS = AWESOME!xnodx

McNeese75
August 18th, 2009, 06:50 AM
the most shocking/noteworthy thing from that article for me, by far.......

"Richie Williams took in the first workout of the day from the sidelines.

After leading Appalachian to its first national championship in 2005, Williams spent much of the next four years north of the border as a quarterback in the Canadian Football League. He was a member of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats from 2006-08 and began this season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers before returning to the states two weeks ago. He is now trying his hand at another sport, training as a jackman with NASCAR’s Drive for Diversity Crew Member Development program."

NASCAR + RICHIE WILLIAMS = AWESOME!xnodx

xrolleyesx I think that falls under the catagory of "WTF??????"

Saint3333
August 18th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Metcalf a backup RB at ASU through 2004 is a wheelman for a NASCAR team in Charlotte. He may be close to RW and told him about it. Richie has been living in Concord (North of Charlotte) during the offseasons. You can't live up there too long until you run into dozens of racing fans and employees.

biggie
August 18th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Apparently Kevin Richardson is a tire changer in the Hendrick's team.

elon77
August 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Not going too overboard with everything.

I have never had an injury to this degree, or that required this many stitches, and everything that I can find online which references the healing of sutures seems like it takes much longer than than 14 days to 100% heal after their removal. Most mention that to participate in any lengthy physical activity before and after those 14 days have passed would require significant bandaging and reinforcement just to possibly be OK.

I thought the only thing that could hurt him was kryptonite.xnodx

AppIAA
August 18th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I thought the only thing that could hurt him was kryptonite.xnodx

Kryptonite, Lawnmowers, and late hits ;)

elon77
August 18th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Kryptonite, Lawnmowers, and late hits ;)

I wonder if we were blamed for the lawnmower?

jonmac
August 18th, 2009, 01:40 PM

No, but someone in a maroon and gold t-shirt was seen watering Armanti's yard just minutes before he started mowing. xsmiley_wix

AppIAA
August 18th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Take a joke!

Waco Kid
August 18th, 2009, 03:08 PM

We're not blaming all of you. Just that one idiot that put the dirty hit on AE. If I were him I would be "hurt" the week of the ASU game this year. He's a brave dude if he steps on the field for that game.

ASU_Fanatic
August 18th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Armanti will play against ECU. Which by the way my season tickets and tickets for the ECU game came in a couple days ago!!!

Appinator
August 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Insights to how the QB race for 2nd and 3rd string is playing out?

Check out the roster page on goasu: http://www.goasu.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=104461&SPID=12811&DB_OEM_ID=21500&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2009&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

Things of note:

-Jamie DeGeare has moved from QB to TE (was thought to be 3rd string)
-Cadet is now officially listed as a QB (was just noted as an athlete before) and looks like the solid #3 guy, maybe a possible #2. (willing to eat crow on this one, I didn't think he would end up at QB)
-Out of all our signees that were listed as QBs which were recruited, only Jamal Jackson is still listed there.
-Other QB's: Jamill Lott and Andrew Peacock both been designated to the WR positions, while Demetrius McCray has made the move to DB.
-Picked up a walk on, Myles McKee, our 5th official QB. 6-3 185 from T.C. Roberson

ASU_MBA
August 18th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Insights to how the QB race for 2nd and 3rd string is playing out?

Check out the roster page on goasu: http://www.goasu.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=104461&SPID=12811&DB_OEM_ID=21500&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2009&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

Things of note:

-Jamie DeGeare has moved from QB to TE (was thought to be 3rd string)
-Cadet is now officially listed as a QB (was just noted as an athlete before) and looks like the solid #3 guy, maybe a possible #2. (willing to eat crow on this one, I didn't think he would end up at QB)
-Out of all our signees that were listed as QBs which were recruited, only Jamal Jackson is still listed there.
-Other QB's: Jamill Lott and Andrew Peacock both been designated to the WR positions, while Demetrius McCray has made the move to DB.
-Picked up a walk on, Myles McKee, our 5th official QB. 6-3 185 from T.C. Roberson

Cadet is the real deal....don't be shocked to seem him return kicks or get on the field somehow this year.....I have been told he runs better than DP and AE just needs to improve his throwing.

elon77
August 19th, 2009, 07:45 AM
No, but someone in a maroon and gold t-shirt was seen watering Armanti's yard just minutes before he started mowing. xsmiley_wix

I heard he was peeing on the lawn, is that the same as watering?xlolx

Aho_Old_Guy
August 19th, 2009, 07:49 AM
xrolleyesx I think that falls under the catagory of "WTF??????"

Not sure about jackmen but front tire changers make over $100k/yr for the top teams like Hendrick, Penske, Gibbs, Roush, etc.

Racing is a $5+ billion/yr business in North Carolina.

McNeese75
August 19th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Not sure about jackmen but front tire changers make over $100k/yr for the top teams like Hendrick, Penske, Gibbs, Roush, etc.

Racing is a $5+ billion/yr business in North Carolina.

Now I know xnodx

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 28th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Anyone got any more updates?

Skjellyfetti
August 28th, 2009, 04:25 PM
He threw a little bit in practice yesterday and was quoted as saying he felt no pain: "I stepped in to the throws. I didn't feel it at all when I was throwing. It felt pretty good."

As I understand it... he will be reevaluated on Monday and a determination will be made on whether or not he will play at ECU.

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Cadet is the real deal....don't be shocked to seem him return kicks or get on the field somehow this year.....I have been told he runs better than DP and AE just needs to improve his throwing.

xcoffeex

phillyAPP
September 6th, 2009, 05:34 PM
xcoffeex

xcoffeex

xeyebrowx

xrotatehx OH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!

Its great to be A MOUNTAINEER !

yosef1969
September 6th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Still doesn't run better than Edwards....

ericsaid
September 6th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Still doesn't run better than Edwards....

I bed to differ, he's just as fast it looks and can drag defensive lineman as big as ECU's. If he threw as well as Armanti he wouldn't be at Appalachian.

AppAlum2003
September 6th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I bed to differ, he's just as fast it looks and can drag defensive lineman as big as ECU's. If he threw as well as Armanti he wouldn't be at Appalachian.

Oh, would he be playing "Big Boy Football" for your school? I forgot... anyone with real talent can't play for us Minor League Schools.

KiddBrewer
September 6th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Oh, would he be playing "Big Boy Football" for your school? I forgot... anyone with real talent can't play for us Minor League Schools.

DUH! he'd be playing tackle instead of two-hand-touchxcoffeex

SideLine Shooter
September 6th, 2009, 07:17 PM

Cadet was 7 for 8 against ECU. I think that qualifies as a so-so passer.

AppAlum2003
September 6th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Cadet was 7 for 8 against ECU. I think that qualifies as a so-so passer.

He was decent through the air, but none of his passes came with much risk except for maybe the ball to Cline (which Cline made a good play.) Even some of those completions looked like forced duck snorters. He's still got some work to do in the passing game, but I recall another #7 that played for Appalachian and struggled throwing the ball starting out his career. I think things turned out OK for him.

SideLine Shooter
September 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM
He was decent through the air, but none of his passes came with much risk except for maybe the ball to Cline (which Cline made a good play.) Even some of those completions looked like forced duck snorters. He's still got some work to do in the passing game, but I recall another #7 that played for Appalachian and struggled throwing the ball starting out his career. I think things turned out OK for him.

Exactly. My point is: a completion is A Completion.

CrackerRiley
September 6th, 2009, 08:49 PM

I wasn't completely convinced that "other" number 7 wasn't really under that helmet...

AppAlum2003
September 6th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I wasn't completely convinced that "other" number 7 wasn't really under that helmet...

He IS working for the ASU Athletic Office in a "non-coaching" role now... Technically if that were true, he wouldn't be "coaching" xsmiley_wix

yosef1969
September 6th, 2009, 10:20 PM

I'm not taking anything away from the kid but 1 half against a tired D doesn't have me convinced that he's a better runner than AE. I might change my mind once Cadet lays down 314 yds in a semifinal playoff game but until then I'll go with AE. xpeacexKeep in mind being fast isn't all there is to it.

Skjellyfetti
September 6th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Cadet appears to have the "it" factor that Aramnti has and other great playmakers have. It can't be coached, learned with practice, etc. His throwing can be improved with coaching and with practice.

I'm not saying he's as good or he's better than Armanti, though. Just has that rare instinct.

SoCon48
September 7th, 2009, 09:05 AM

Go back and watch the replay on MASN. Cadet threaded the needle twice through two defenders for critical first downs with frozen ropes

Mountaineer#96
September 7th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Go back and watch the replay on MASN. Cadet threaded the needle twice through two defenders for critical first downs with frozen ropes

I agree, but he needs some more polish on his throws...........he needs TIME at the position, remember when AE first took over he looked the exact same and maybe a step slower since he wasn't returning punts xnodx...something he will get being a back up. If he can keep his stuff together and not get caught up in the wrong crowds at school this boy will be our man once AE hangs it up.

Appstate3168
September 7th, 2009, 11:18 AM
There is a rumor around campus up there that Armanti got out of a DUI recently and that they have been milking his injury to cover up the suspension. I was just wondering if anyone on here has heard anything along those lines.

biggie
September 7th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Someone delete that^, its been floating around for months and no truth has come of it. And believe me people have looked up every judicial system on the internet trying to find it.

Cadet did appear to need polish on the longer throws and he needs to protect the ball better when running (AE had this problem early on as well).

yosef1969
September 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM
There is a rumor around campus up there that Armanti got out of a DUI recently and that they have been milking his injury to cover up the suspension. I was just wondering if anyone on here has heard anything along those lines.

That's just retarded.

Skjellyfetti
September 7th, 2009, 12:19 PM
My money is on "Appstate3168" being a fan of another Socon school....

thmst30
September 7th, 2009, 12:19 PM
xlolx How stupid. This team would never stoop that low. We had no problem suspending a starter 1 day before the Championship 2 years ago. Plus you can't cover up a DUI, way too many people would have access to that information. We all know this was a blatant lie by some idiot trying to stir up unwarranted controversy, and you look like a fool trying to bring it back up in this context. Good day and good bye.

DX Man
September 7th, 2009, 12:22 PM

You obviously have no idea the kind of man Jerry Moore isxnonox

Appstate3168
September 7th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I'm not trying to make anyone angry or upset. I recently heard this and I thought this was the place to come to double check what I heard. I'm sorry that this makes me a fool. I'm really not trying to bring this back up or anything and I have no bad intentions. I'm sorry to anger you.xpeacex

Appstate3168
September 7th, 2009, 12:54 PM
My money is on "Appstate3168" being a fan of another Socon school....

By the way... I'm actually a student here at appalachian. There was a group made on facebook about people volunteering to mow armanti's lawn for him. Someone posted on the rumor on the group wall. So again I'm sorry that I came here looking for someone with the facts.

Saint3333
September 7th, 2009, 01:09 PM
You have no FACTS and until you do shut your mouth. If you are an ASU fan think before you post crap like this.

BarefootApp
September 7th, 2009, 01:31 PM
This guy will probably keep his kids home so they don't have to be "brainwashed" by the President. Give me a break.

ASU_MBA
September 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Give the dude a break....he said it was a "rumor" and wanted to see if anyone knew anything.....yeah it is a horrible rumor but I doubt this kid started it...everyone knows J Moore would not allow something like that...

BarefootApp
September 7th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Ok.....one mulligan. Welcome to AGS.

alexale23
September 7th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Yeh I heard that rumor as well. Well actually i heard that from a friend who says he knows the cop that pulled him over.

ASUMountaineer
September 7th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Yeh I heard that rumor as well. Well actually i heard that from a friend who says he knows the cop that pulled him over.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

El Gato
September 7th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Seriously, give the guy a break. I really don't think his intention was to come out here and spread lies. He really sounds like one of your fans who heard some stuff and came to this site, as a concerned fan, to see if he could get some more info. Now you have informed him that it is most likely nothing more than a dirty rumor, and that is the end of it.

Hope your QB is back soon, and I hope you all have a great game this week against fellow SLC opponent McNeese. This would be a great win for our conference, but I'm sure you guys will come out on top with or without AE.

KiddBrewer
September 7th, 2009, 03:28 PM
xsmhx

HHHHEEEEEE'SSSS BBBBACCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!xlolxxeekx

KiddBrewer
September 7th, 2009, 03:37 PM
as for this rumor.......armanti used to be my neighbor. he cant drive worth a lick, so he usually just rode with somebody...and...he hardly, if ever, drank in any public place.

Mountaineer#96
September 7th, 2009, 04:00 PM

I am so happy to see that your mom let you back to the computer just in time for this season. xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
September 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM
By the way... I'm actually a student here at appalachian. There was a group made on facebook about people volunteering to mow armanti's lawn for him. Someone posted on the rumor on the group wall. So again I'm sorry that I came here looking for someone with the facts.

Don't be sorry. Welcome to AGS.

thmst30
September 7th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I'm not trying to make anyone angry or upset. I recently heard this and I thought this was the place to come to double check what I heard. I'm sorry that this makes me a fool. I'm really not trying to bring this back up or anything and I have no bad intentions. I'm sorry to anger you.xpeacex
If you didn't start that up then I apologize, but tell the guy on Facebook that he is a fool and not a true fan for even trying to start such a rumor.

BDKJMU
September 7th, 2009, 07:29 PM

No longer a JMU fan. xlolx

BDKJMU
September 7th, 2009, 07:32 PM
xsmhx

HHHHEEEEEE'SSSS BBBBACCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!xlolxxeekx

He used to be a JMU fan. From the looks of his avatar now you guys have to deal with him. Every school has a poster or 2 like that- kind of like the loony uncle that you try to hide at family gatherings. xlolx

SideLine Shooter
September 7th, 2009, 08:16 PM
He used to be a JMU fan. From the looks of his avatar now you guys have to deal with him. Every school has a poster or 2 like that- kind of like the loony uncle that you try to hide at family gatherings. xlolx

No, you have to keep her. She claimed you guys first.xlolxxlolxxnodx

BDKJMU
September 7th, 2009, 09:02 PM
No, you have to keep her. She claimed you guys first.xlolxxlolxxnodx

He claims an 804 (Richmond area) area code. So he/she is probably a closet UR fan. xlolx

Mikeyosef
September 8th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Okay, okay, now back to our regularly scheduled progarming. Will AE play at our home season opener? McNeese State didn't look too good on Saturday but a loss to them would seriously hurt our playoff chances if we also drop 1-2 SoCon games. Cadet looked pretty good to me at ECU but I'd still like to see AE start on Saturday if he's 90% or better. If AE doesn't play does anyone see DP starting...I don't but I'd like to hear what others say.

Appinator
September 8th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Okay, okay, now back to our regularly scheduled progarming. Will AE play at our home season opener? McNeese State didn't look too good on Saturday but a loss to them would seriously hurt our playoff chances if we also drop 1-2 SoCon games. Cadet looked pretty good to me at ECU but I'd still like to see AE start on Saturday if he's 90% or better. If AE doesn't play does anyone see DP starting...I don't but I'd like to hear what others say.

From Today's Around the Mountain, AE claims he is back to 100% and is now listed as probable for the game. I would doubt that he misses this one.

Anyone on campus up for skipping classes and watching practice to check up on him? I know I would be if I was up there....

McNeese75
September 8th, 2009, 09:35 AM
From Today's Around the Mountain, AE claims he is back to 100% and is now listed as probable for the game. I would doubt that he misses this one.

Anyone on campus up for skipping classes and watching practice to check up on him? I know I would be if I was up there....

I really hope he is ready to play but I'm sorry, there is no way he is 100% at this point (and yes I got my MD at holiday Inn lfor anyone wondering :D)

biggie
September 8th, 2009, 09:39 AM
5 Weeks for healing, I'd say he's very close to 100%.

Appinator
September 8th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I really hope he is ready to play but I'm sorry, there is no way he is 100% at this point (and yes I got my MD at holiday Inn lfor anyone wondering :D)

http://obsfifty.blogspot.com/2009/09/asus-edwards-expected-to-play-saturday.html

Also posted here in the Charlotte Observer's College Football Blog, not listed as 100% by these guys, but it's looking Superman will make his return.

SideLine Shooter
September 8th, 2009, 10:38 AM
He claims an 804 (Richmond area) area code. So he/she is probably a closet UR fan. xlolx

I don't think I would put her off on UR, she acts like maybe UVA!xlolxxnodx

ASU_MBA
September 8th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Looks like Edwards to start and Cadet has moved up to 2nd string...

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/sep/08/moore-edwards-start-asu-saturday/

asknoquarter21
September 8th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Yes! I hope McNeese continues their arm tackling ways.

I can't wait to get to Boone this weekend!

McNeese72
September 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Yes! I hope McNeese continues their arm tackling ways.

I can't wait to get to Boone this weekend!

Yep, we only have one good headhunter in the secondary right now. Malcolm Bronson, #34. :(

Doc

McNeese72
September 8th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Looks like Edwards to start and Cadet has moved up to 2nd string...

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/sep/08/moore-edwards-start-asu-saturday/

Tell you what. After you guys get up 2 or 2 touchdown (should take on 2 or 3 minutes if we play like we did last Saturday), Mr. Edwards can take a seat and rest for the rest of the game. Okay?

Of course, I don't know if we will do any better against Mr. Cabot. Mr. Presley probably could handle us just fine. ;)

Doc

SideLine Shooter
September 8th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Tell you what. After you guys get up 2 or 2 touchdown (should take on 2 or 3 minutes if we play like we did last Saturday), Mr. Edwards can take a seat and rest for the rest of the game. Okay?

Of course, I don't know if we will do any better against Mr. Cabot. Mr. Presley probably could handle us just fine. ;)

Doc

You must be smokin some of that Cajun stuff!!xlolx

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 03:39 PM
we need to come up with a nickname for Travaris Cadet....

maybe it could be TC, like DP or AE, but i want something more original.....

hmmm....xcoffeex

Appinator
September 8th, 2009, 03:44 PM
we need to come up with a nickname for Travaris Cadet....

maybe it could be TC, like DP or AE, but i want something more original.....

hmmm....xcoffeex

I'm thinking something like "The Admiral" or "The General" to go along with his military like last name....

biggie
September 8th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I'm thinking something like "The Admiral" or "The General" to go along with his military like last name....
Wouldn't "The Captain" work well with TC and fit next year if he is the starter.

ASUG8
September 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves - he's got about :20 playing time so far......xlolx

Appinator
September 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Wouldn't "The Captain" work well with TC and fit next year if he is the starter.

I like it! He should do the mile high salute every time he scores

biggie
September 8th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves - he's got about :20 playing time so far......xlolx
What else are we supposed to do these next 4 days until the next game?

I'm back at work one day and am just counting down til the trip to Boone.

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 03:53 PM
ok, so we got "the general" and "the captain"

im thinkin "the general"

and i like the idea for the salute when he scores, thatd be sick

and yes, asug8, we are getting ahead of ourselves, but people who wait to make nicknames and such dont get to be the ones to make up nicknames and such, now do they?!? :)

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 03:55 PM
and since it was my idea, if the general catches on (which im going to start calling him from here on out) then me and appinator get credit, thanks:);)

ASUG8
September 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM
and since it was my idea, if the general catches on (which im going to start calling him from here on out) then me and appinator get credit, thanks:);)

For the record, I hope you're both justified in your nickname xthumbsupx

Edit: countdown for an El Cid fan to bust on him only being a Cadet in 5,4,3,.........

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 03:58 PM
For the record, I hope you're both justified in your nickname xthumbsupx

xthumbsupxxrulesxxnodx

me too

Appinator
September 8th, 2009, 04:09 PM

The General it is!

McNeese72
September 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I like it! He should do the mile high salute every time he scores

The Southern Conference officials must be a lot more lenient than the Southland Conference ones. Something like the mile high salute would probably be considered excessive celebration by the SLC officials and draw a flag.

Doc

SideLine Shooter
September 8th, 2009, 05:28 PM
The Southern Conference officials must be a lot more lenient than the Southland Conference ones. Something like the mile high salute would probably be considered excessive celebration by the SLC officials and draw a flag.

Doc

SoCon officials would too.

asknoquarter21
September 8th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I would take the 15 yard penalty if we were playing in el cid.

Citdog would s**t himself.

Sometimes the penalties are worth it. Ala south Carolina state last season, and Brian Quick slams.

Jerry Moore might not like it too much though. The General is in training this year though, yes? So would we need a nickname specifically for this year?

ASU_MBA
September 8th, 2009, 06:26 PM

Doc

If we did go up a couple scores...it will be hard to not run up the score when we are three deep at QB xsmiley_wix

J Moore would want to open the playbook and give Cadet a chance to grow...

I still think you guys may play better than your fans predict....from what i have seen if you give your tailback some space he is gone....

ASU_MBA
September 8th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I would take the 15 yard penalty if we were playing in el cid.

Citdog would s**t himself.

Sometimes the penalties are worth it. Ala south Carolina state last season, and Brian Quick slams.

Jerry Moore might not like it too much though. The General is in training this year though, yes? So would we need a nickname specifically for this year?

yes just imagine if Cadet scores against the Citadel and he salutes....the people in Charleston will go nutz....haha

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2009, 07:19 PM
i didnt say he has to salute the crowd....i just said the crowd has to salute him. get it?

God knows they cant give us an excessive celebration penalty!

asknoquarter21
September 8th, 2009, 07:34 PM
i didnt say he has to salute the crowd....i just said the crowd has to salute him. get it?

God knows they cant give us an excessive celebration penalty!

I like the idea of it, although it will take a couple seasons to get everyone to figure it out.