PDA

View Full Version : CAA vs MAC

jstclmet
August 8th, 2009, 03:45 PM
The coaches for the respective conferences have ranked their teams as follows;

MAC West: 1. Central Mich. 2. W. Mich. 3. N. Illinois 4. Toledo 5. Ball St. 6. E. Mich.
MAC East: 1. Buffalo 2. Temple 3. Akron 4. Ohio 5. Bowling Green 6. Kent St. 7 Miami

CAA North: 1. UNH 2. UMass 3. Maine 4. Hofstra 5. Northeastern 6. Rhode Island
CAA South: 1. Richmond 2. Nova 3. JMU 4. Delaware 5. William & Mary 6. Towson

How would the CAA North fare against the Mac West, and the CAA South against the MAC East??

93henfan
August 8th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I'd guess the CAA wins ~4 out of the 10 games.

dgreco
August 8th, 2009, 04:57 PM
i think 4-6 of those 10 matchups.

Silenoz
August 8th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I picked 4, could easily be 6 or 7

aust42
August 8th, 2009, 05:40 PM
How about 2009 MAC vs CAA?

Western Michigan 35 Hofstra 14
Ball State 27 New Hampshire 28
Temple 24 Villanova 27

CAA goes 2-1 vs the MAC this year.

DFW HOYA
August 8th, 2009, 09:27 PM
The MAC is an underrated conference. If the two leagues played 10 times, the MAC should win seven or eight.

However, if you put the CAA against the Sun Belt...outside of Troy it might not win more than five or six.

Hoyadestroya85
August 8th, 2009, 09:49 PM
The MAC is an underrated conference. If the two leagues played 10 times, the MAC should win seven or eight.

However, if you put the CAA against the Sun Belt...outside of Troy it might not win more than five or six.

I think its the other way around.. recently the MAC champions have been getting beat down in low to mid level bowls whereas the Sun Belt champs have been fairing pretty well.

DFW HOYA
August 8th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I think its the other way around.. recently the MAC champions have been getting beat down in low to mid level bowls whereas the Sun Belt champs have been fairing pretty well.

Perhaps, but as a conference the MAC is more solid top to bottom. The Sun Belt holds its own in its bowl but the bottom the league really struggles.

TheBisonator
August 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
CAA would likely win 4 or 5 of those games, but I probably was way off on who I picked.

A good question would be Missouri Valley versus Sun Belt: Who would win from 1 through 9??

Examples:

Northern Iowa vs. Troy
Southern Illinois vs. Florida Atlantic
South Dakota State vs. Middle Tennessee State
North Dakota State vs. Arkansas State
Western Illinois vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
Youngstown State vs. Louisiana-Monroe
Illinois State vs. Western Kentucky
Missouri State vs. North Texas
Indiana State vs. Florida International

Jackman
August 9th, 2009, 12:31 AM
North should be matched up with East and South with West.

I think on average the CAA only takes 2 or 3 out of 12, but with a lot of losing margins of 10 or less. We could throw ODU out there to make it 13 against 13, but that of course would be a blowout.

jstclmet
August 9th, 2009, 09:53 AM
North should be matched up with East and South with West.

I think on average the CAA only takes 2 or 3 out of 12, but with a lot of losing margins of 10 or less. We could throw ODU out there to make it 13 against 13, but that of course would be a blowout.

If the Conference Chairmen of both leagues, can sell this matchup to the AD's at the respective schools, and we could make this happen, we could always alternate. The pairings would have to be based on end of season rankings in order for the schools to schedule games the following season.

Realistically, I can't see the MAC agreeing to this as any loss to FCS teams would not bode well for the FBS programs. From a CAA perspective, it could only be a positive thing as long as you're competitive.

Philliesfan980
August 9th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I think the MAC will win most of these games, but I'm really looking forward to the Nova / Temple game on Sept 3rd.

As a fan of both teams, I think Nova has a legitimate chance to win this game. Temple has lost several key players on the offensive side of the ball (DiMichele, B Francis). Still though, I say Temple wins a 28-17 type game.

WildCat In The Hat
August 10th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I agree with you Phillies Fan. As good as Villanova is, I still think Temple beats them by a TD. I am surprised that so many people on this poll (3 out of 4) have Nova winning.