PDA

View Full Version : A10 2006 Schedules

JMU Duke Dog
December 8th, 2005, 03:12 PM
I am trying to compose a 2006 schedule of JMU for myself and W&M for my younger brother. I have come across some games of some A10 teams in 2006. If you have any additional information to add I would greatly appreciate the help!

Delaware
9/9 vs. West Chester
9/16 vs. Albany
9/23 at Rhode Island
9/30 vs. New Hampshire
10/7 at Northeastern
10/14 vs. Hofstra ("nonconference" - will not count towards A10)
10/21 at Richmond (? - also listed for Villanova on same day)
10/28 vs. Towson
11/4 at James Madison
11/11 vs. William & Mary
11/18 vs. Villanova

Hofstra
10/7 vs. Villanova
10/14 at Delaware ("nonconference" - will not count towards A10)

James Madison *Educated guess on my part (not 100% confirmed)
9/23 vs. Northeastern*
9/30 at VMI
10/7 vs. Rhode Island* (Family Weekend)
10/14 at New Hampshire*
10/21 vs. William & Mary (Homecoming)
10/28 at Richmond*
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova
11/18 at Towson

Maine
10/14 vs. Villanova
? at Boston College

Massachusetts
9/2 vs. Colgate
9/9 at Navy
9/16 at Villanova
? vs. American International

New Hampshire
9/9 at Northwestern
9/30 at Delaware
10/14 vs. ? (Homecoming)

Northeastern
8/31 at Georgia Southern
9/16 at North Dakota State
10/7 vs. Delaware

Rhode Island
8/31 at Connecticut
9/9 vs. Merrimack
9/23 vs. Delaware
9/30 vs. Brown

Richmond
9/2 at Duke
10/21 vs./at ?
11/18 at William & Mary
? at VMI
? vs. Bucknell

Towson
10/14 vs. ? (Homecoming)
10/28 at Delaware
11/4 at Villanova
11/18 vs. James Madison

Villanova
9/2 at Central Florida
9/9 vs. Lehigh
9/16 vs. Massachusetts
9/23 vs. Penn
10/7 at Hofstra
10/14 at Maine
10/21 vs. Richmond (Homecoming) (? - also listed for Delaware on same day)
10/28 at William & Mary
11/4 vs. Towson
11/11 vs. James Madison
11/18 at Delaware

William & Mary *Educated guess on my part (not 100% confirmed)
9/2 at Maryland
9/23 at Massachusetts*
9/30 vs. Hofstra*
10/7 vs. Maine*
10/14 at Towson*
10/21 at James Madison*
10/28 vs. Villanova (Homecoming)
11/11 at Delaware
11/18 vs. Richmond
? at Liberty
? vs. VMI

*Predicted games are not listed under opponents other than JMU or W&M due to their uncertainty

OL FU
December 8th, 2005, 03:17 PM
HHMMM, West Chester, who would have thought? :D

TypicalTribe
December 8th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Delaware fans officially can not make fun of SWAC scheduling for the next year. A DII, a mid-major scrimmage and 9 A-10 teams? Terrible.

JMU Duke Dog
December 8th, 2005, 03:49 PM
TypicalTribe, do you have any information on W&M's 2006 schedule and when is W&M's 2006 Family Weekend?

TypicalTribe
December 8th, 2005, 04:20 PM
TypicalTribe, do you have any information on W&M's 2006 schedule and when is W&M's 2006 Family Weekend?

Pretty sure the opener is against Maryland on 9/2. Not sure about family weekend yet.

AppGuy04
December 8th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Richmond might give Duke a run

SochorField
December 8th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Unfortunate not seeing UC Davis on any of these....yet. I enjoyed the matchup with New Hampshire. Hopefully the Ags can go back east, or host an A-10 team in our new stadium next year.

JMU Duke Dog
December 8th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Unfortunate not seeing UC Davis on any of these....yet. I enjoyed the matchup with New Hampshire. Hopefully the Ags can go back east, or host an A-10 team in our new stadium next year.

JMU fans would be thrilled to host UC-Davis in 2006! We still have two openings for nonconference opponents.

blukeys
December 8th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Delaware fans officially can not make fun of SWAC scheduling for the next year. A DII, a mid-major scrimmage and 9 A-10 teams? Terrible.

Nothing wrong with 9 A-10 teams I happen to think that the A-10 is a pretty good conference and picking up Hofstra as a non-con is still better than resorting to losers such as Liberty or VMI who W&M has beat up in the past. Liberty Now there is a team that would make d-2 teams tremble not to mention VMI.

Still Delaware will be very young in '06 and this is the weakest Delaware schedule for the period of '06,07,08, and 09. Our schedule is set for all of those years. The TOTALITY of those 4 years is very competitive. Of Course W&M comes to the Tub next year. Feeling a little anxious already?

Husky Alum
December 8th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I thought the GSU fans said our game against them next season was 8-31 down there, but I can't confirm.

However, I have heard some scuttlebutt from people close to the NU football program who said GSU may be looking to get out of the game.

Can any Eagle fans confirm?

There's also a rumor that NU is negotiating a Maine/Nebraska-size payday with a major I-A for next year. No word on the opponent, only that it's a huge payday.

blur2005
December 8th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I really hope the possible Hampton gig goes down next year, as we need some better OOC games. Plus, we have to make up for VMI being flat out awful

blur2005
December 8th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Another question, how can we allow teams to schedule conference opponents as non-conference? I don't like that, just because it doesn't make a lot of sense. Obviously, I'd rather play a good A-10 team than Lock Haven, but there seems to be something screwy about scheduling one as an OOC.

Eaglegus2
December 8th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I thought the GSU fans said our game against them next season was 8-31 down there, but I can't confirm.

However, I have heard some scuttlebutt from people close to the NU football program who said GSU may be looking to get out of the game.

Can any Eagle fans confirm?

There's also a rumor that NU is negotiating a Maine/Nebraska-size payday with a major I-A for next year. No word on the opponent, only that it's a huge payday.

I don't see why we would get out of the game unless there may be a IA game possibly for that date.

We still need two games to fill out our schedule.

Hansel
December 8th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Another question, how can we allow teams to schedule conference opponents as non-conference? I don't like that, just because it doesn't make a lot of sense. Obviously, I'd rather play a good A-10 team than Lock Haven, but there seems to be something screwy about scheduling one as an OOC.
it's pretty lame of delaware to do that, especially with the amount of IAA in their area

JMU Duke Dog
December 8th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Everyone is blaming Delaware but Hofstra is obviously involved with the deal too. They both should try to mix it up with their OOC schedules.

blukeys
December 8th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Everyone is blaming Delaware but Hofstra is obviously involved with the deal too. They both should try to mix it up with their OOC schedules.

The issue is financial and UD did the same thing with UNH in 2004 (I heard UNH was an OK team).

Anyone remember the Montana AD debacle? The Griz - Maine trips were thrown up in the face of the Montana AD as a reason to fire him. (travel costs). Please Make a Pick who is a better Out of Conference I-AA team that matches up with Delaware than Hofstra? If you said a top line Patriot or Ivy team (About 3 in this category worth considering) then you are right. Does the Schedule work out for Lehigh, Colgate or Lafayette? Who knows? Hofstra took the deal and it works for both school. Why people are criticizing a Hofstra - Delaware matchup is beyond me as both could have scheduled Albany or Monmouth without any problems!!!

TheValleyRaider
December 9th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Richmond might give Duke a run

In their first game without Tutt? I mean, I know Duke's not very good (understatement), but I'm skeptical at the moment as to how well UR will play without Tutt under center. :twocents:

And the Colgate site says the game is 9/2-Colgate at UMass.

ChickenMan
December 9th, 2005, 06:11 AM
The issue is financial and UD did the same thing with UNH in 2004 (I heard UNH was an OK team).

Why people are criticizing a Hofstra - Delaware matchup is beyond me as both could have scheduled Albany or Monmouth without any problems!!!

I WILL criticize the scheduling of Hofstra as an OOC opponent... but it's not because HU isn't a quality program and better than many of the OCC cupcakes that UD and other good I-AA schedule each year. There is just NO need to schedule another A10 program as an OOC opponent and this is the second time in three years that our brilliant AD has done just that... UNH in '04 and HU now in '06. Eight A10 games is more than enough... not to mention... tough enough and I don't understand why our AD can't get off his butt and attempt to schedule a new I-AA opponent from the likes of ... Patriot... Ivy... Gateway... SoCon or MEAC. But that would require some imagination and effort on the part of AD Edgar Johnson and UD fans know that Mr Johnson is sorely lacking in both of those areas.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2005, 07:59 AM
I WILL criticize the scheduling of Hofstra as an OOC opponent... but it's not because HU isn't a quality program and better than many of the OCC cupcakes that UD and other good I-AA schedule each year. There is just NO need to schedule another A10 program as an OOC opponent and this is the second time in three years that our brilliant AD has done just that... UNH in '04 and HU now in '06. Eight A10 games is more than enough... not to mention... tough enough and I don't understand why our AD can't get off his butt and attempt to schedule a new I-AA opponent from the likes of ... Patriot... Ivy... Gateway... SoCon or MEAC. But that would require some imagination and effort on the part of AD Edgar Johnson and UD fans know that Mr Johnson is sorely lacking in both of those areas.

Thank You CM! I couldn't have put it any better. Like you I HATE HATE HATE when you schedule an A-10 game as an OOC game. Imagine Lehigh (like last year) , Lafayette, or Colgate there instead.

Keeler even said that we needed to schedule games like that more often, and we PL fans couldn't agree more!

OL FU
December 9th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Nothing wrong with 9 A-10 teams I happen to think that the A-10 is a pretty good conference and picking up Hofstra as a non-con is still better than resorting to losers such as Liberty or VMI who W&M has beat up in the past. Liberty Now there is a team that would make d-2 teams tremble not to mention VMI.

Still Delaware will be very young in '06 and this is the weakest Delaware schedule for the period of '06,07,08, and 09. Our schedule is set for all of those years. The TOTALITY of those 4 years is very competitive. Of Course W&M comes to the Tub next year. Feeling a little anxious already?

Now I am getting confused. Will it be a non-conference game for Hofstra as well?

henfan
December 9th, 2005, 08:24 AM
OL FU, the game is noncon for Hoffy as well. Think of it this way: both teams had an open date on their schedules. UD makes money on home games. Hofstra stands to make more money with the road guarantee offered to them by UD than they would playing a home game. UD was happy to offer and HU was happy to oblige. There's nothing wrong or illegal about playing noncon games against conference rivals when the game satifies the basic financial needs of both schools. The problem is that fans don't appreciate it as much. We'd much rather seen opponents from outside the conference. It appears to be a very lazy move on the part of both ADs.

OL FU
December 9th, 2005, 08:28 AM
OL FU, the game is noncon for Hoffy as well. Think of it this way: both teams had an open date on their schedules. UD makes money on home games. Hofstra stands to make more money with the road guarantee offered to them by UD than they would playing a home game. UD was happy to offer and HU was happy to oblige. There's nothing wrong or illegal about playing noncon games against conference rivals when the game satifies the basic financial needs of both schools. The problem is that fans don't appreciate it as much. We'd much rather seen opponents from outside the conference. It appears to be a very lazy move on the part of both ADs.

Well that make sense. I assumed it was a non-conf for both, but wanted to make sure. I suppose is is like the Socon, the conference determines the conference schedule. Just a little easier for us because we don't have 12 teams.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2005, 08:37 AM

To add to this, one of the teams could go undefeated in their 'league play' but also have a loss against an A-10 team as OOC. This happened to Delaware in 2004 when UNH came to town as an OOC game.

OL FU
December 9th, 2005, 09:10 AM
To add to this, one of the teams could go undefeated in their 'league play' but also have a loss against an A-10 team as OOC. This happened to Delaware in 2004 when UNH came to town as an OOC game.

My :twocents: , I agree that Hofstra as an ooc is better than a D-II but yes I would be somewhat upset that a real ooc was not scheduled. UD and FU in 2008 and 2009, right? Any other ooc's scheduled for 2007?

henfan
December 9th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Correct. UD plays at FU in '08 and the 'Dins return the favor in '09. That series should be a lot of fun.

In '07, the Hens have West Chester & Holy Cross at home and then go down to Annapolis to resume the series with Navy.

89Hen
December 9th, 2005, 01:18 PM
it's pretty lame of delaware to do that, especially with the amount of IAA in their area
First off, as a Delaware fan I absolutely hate this, but why would an outsider really care? For both teams, this will be a much tougher game than a Central Connecticut or Monmouth or any other team that this might take the place of. From a national standpoint, this game makes more sense than ones againast MM's. I could see a Lehigh fan or somebody who is trying to get a game with UD or HU being upset, but nobody else should really care.

TypicalTribe
December 9th, 2005, 01:52 PM
First off, as a Delaware fan I absolutely hate this, but why would an outsider really care? For both teams, this will be a much tougher game than a Central Connecticut or Monmouth or any other team that this might take the place of. From a national standpoint, this game makes more sense than ones againast MM's. I could see a Lehigh fan or somebody who is trying to get a game with UD or HU being upset, but nobody else should really care.

C'mon 89, be realistic. Most of us kill the SWAC for playing 9 conference games and no one of note OOC, and now one of the flagship programs of I-AA is doing the same thing.

Obviously, it's an aberration year, because Delaware usually schedules a tough OOC game or two, but it's kind of disappointing nonetheless.

OL FU
December 9th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Correct. UD plays at FU in '08 and the 'Dins return the favor in '09. That series should be a lot of fun.

In '07, the Hens have West Chester & Holy Cross at home and then go down to Annapolis to resume the series with Navy.

'07 is better. Is West Chester D II. I have no problem playing a D - II if you play a I-A. That used to be standard operating procedure for FU. However, it looks like the D-II's are leaving the schedule and we are keeping the I-A's and playing tough ooc I-AA.

Maybe we are trying to join the A-10? :D

SunCoastBlueHen
December 9th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Maybe we are trying to join the A-10? :D

No, thanks! The conference slate is tough enough as it is.

DTSpider
December 9th, 2005, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=TheValleyRaider]In their first game without Tutt? I mean, I know Duke's not very good (understatement), but I'm skeptical at the moment as to how well UR will play without Tutt under center.[QUOTE]

I agree. The remaining team members should be better next year with another offseason of training, but replacing Tutt is no small feat. You'll have either a freshman or sophomore as well. Very tough task.

henfan
December 9th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Maybe we are trying to join the A-10?

By '07, nobody will be playing in the A-10. It'll be called the CAA. ;)

You joke, but FU was a hair away from joining the CAA back in 2000. We might very well have been playing in a conference together right now, along with W&M, JMU, Richmond, Wofford and The Citadel.

Yes, West Chester is a D-II team from just up the road from Newark.

BigApp
December 9th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Merrimac? West Chester? Oy Vey! I heard WT Woodson and Christ the King are looking for some games... :rolleyes: Guess these types of games are what make the A-10 the all-time greatest conference ever in the history of mankind, eh? :rolleyes:

bandl
December 9th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Merrimac? West Chester? Oy Vey! I heard WT Woodson and Christ the King are looking for some games... :rolleyes: Guess these types of games are what make the A-10 the all-time greatest conference ever in the history of mankind, eh? :rolleyes:
HEY! What's wrong with W.T. Woodson?? :mad:

That's where I went to high school! Seriously. I did. Fairfax, VA, on route 236, just across the street from the Fair City Mall. :nod:

Bulldog87
December 10th, 2005, 03:42 AM
Delaware could always start an ooc series with Delaware State (also right down the road) but that seems to be difficult for some reason.

ChickenMan
December 10th, 2005, 06:25 AM

Right... just as these mighty OOC opponents have kept the SoCon at the top of I-AA...

Presbyterian
VMI
Johnson C Smith
Savannah St
Morehead St
Liberty
Tusculum
Benedict
Charleston Southern

apparently the A10 isn't the only league that schedules a few cup cakes as OOC opponents... ;)

89Hen
December 10th, 2005, 08:41 AM
C'mon 89, be realistic. Most of us kill the SWAC for playing 9 conference games and no one of note OOC, and now one of the flagship programs of I-AA is doing the same thing.

Obviously, it's an aberration year, because Delaware usually schedules a tough OOC game or two, but it's kind of disappointing nonetheless.
:confused: How is this anything like that?? Last time I checked Hofstra is ranked higher than any team in the SWAC.

22. Hofstra
31. Grambling

Again, you have to get past the fact that they are in the A10 and look at the quality of the opponent. :cool:

89Hen
December 10th, 2005, 08:44 AM
I have no problem playing a D - II if you play a I-A.
Not sure I understand that. The DII is a money game for us and does not count toward playoff consideration. Why would you want us to play two money games in one year? I really don't care much for DII or I-A games (unless the I-A game is local and not a I-A powerhouse). I'd rather everybody play 11 I-AA games every year so we have more to compare the teams on.

Hansel
December 10th, 2005, 10:33 AM
:confused: How is this anything like that?? Last time I checked Hofstra is ranked higher than any team in the SWAC.

22. Hofstra
31. Grambling

Again, you have to get past the fact that they are in the A10 and look at the quality of the opponent. :cool:
What's next 10 or 11 A-10 games for Delaware? I hate it when some DII/DIII conferences play no non-conf games and Delaware as a team is moving in that direction.

89Hen
December 10th, 2005, 11:09 AM
What's next 10 or 11 A-10 games for Delaware? I hate it when some DII/DIII conferences play no non-conf games and Delaware as a team is moving in that direction.
:rolleyes: If you say so. UD played UNH last year and plays Hofstra next year for OOC games. No other A10 opponents have been scheduled as OOC through 2009... West Chester every year, Albany, Holy Cross, Navy, Maryland, Furman.... c'mon Hansel, quit trying to encite a riot here. There is no story unless you are a UD fan.

Bulldog87
December 10th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Delaware State is 1-AA,West Chester isn't. If you want all 1-AA games why aren't you for UD vs DSU? If you are for this game then I stand corrected. Perhaps it makes too much sense for all involved to make it happen.

89Hen
December 10th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Delaware State is 1-AA,West Chester isn't. If you want all 1-AA games why aren't you for UD vs DSU? If you are for this game then I stand corrected. Perhaps it makes too much sense for all involved to make it happen.
I want all I-AA games if everyone is playing all I-AA games. The issue about DSU for me is that I feel like UD would be giving in if they played it. I really don't care about DSU.

Bulldog87
December 10th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Giving in how? The game would be between two 1-AA schools from the same state. If the games were played home and home would it not be good for the state and foster a great deal of interest for both schools. Do they play in other sports? How is UD not giving in to D-11 West Chester by playing them?

ChickenMan
December 10th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Giving in how? The game would be between two 1-AA schools from the same state. If the games were played home and home would it not be good for the state and foster a great deal of interest for both schools. Do they play in other sports? How is UD not giving in to D-11 West Chester by playing them?

There is NO chance of UD ever agreeing to a home/home with Del St. IF UD/DSU ever do play... all games would have to be at Delaware Stadium... Del St's facility is far too small to accomadate the crowds would be expected for any UD/DSU game. Del St would make far more $$$ traveling to UD then they would by playing a home game in Dover.

89Hen
December 11th, 2005, 08:42 PM
One school wants the game, the other doesn't. The game would benefit one school, not the other.

As Chickenman said, there is NO WAY the Hens would agree to a home and home. DSU's home could not hold enough, period. Would it be good for the state? Debatable. I don't know many Hens fans that give DSU a second thought. Would it be good for DSU? Absolutely. But, I see no way that UD benefits. UD has sold out every home game for two and a half years. How would having DSU benefit UD? They would want more tickets than a West Chester and they would absolutely want more money than West Chester.

MR. CHICKEN
December 11th, 2005, 09:06 PM
HEY HORNETS..........YA'LL WANNA TRY DUH ELEVEN PIECE BUCKET......MAKE DUH PLAY-OFFS!...........ONLY WAY.....DOWN STATE LADS!.......:nod:.......AWK!

HensRock
December 12th, 2005, 08:27 AM
I for one would like to see UD play DSU instead of West Chester.

West Chester is a traditional "rivalry" game for us that goes back to our days in D-II. But we've been Division I for 25 years now, I think it's time we moved on. The contract with WC runs through 2009.

About the A-10 non-conf game, Delaware typically makes up it's schedule 3, 4, 5 years in advance. The current scheme of 8 conference - 3 OOC was enacted with the admission of Towson as the 12th conference member just last year (2004). Prior to that, the A-10 played 9 conference games. (No one had a problem with it then, BTW). It think it's very likely that UNH in 2004 and Hofstra in 2006 were already agreed upon prior to the conference re-alignment in 2004. (In other words, if Towson had not joined, these would have been conference games). Lazy ADs? Yes, but I think the deal was in place and they are just going to let it stand rather than going out and looking for replacements.

OL FU
December 12th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Not sure I understand that. The DII is a money game for us and does not count toward playoff consideration. Why would you want us to play two money games in one year? I really don't care much for DII or I-A games (unless the I-A game is local and not a I-A powerhouse). I'd rather everybody play 11 I-AA games every year so we have more to compare the teams on.

I was looking at it from FU's perspective. For us a money game is I-A. Play one of those and offset with what should be a win over a D-!!. Howver, I think that is changing because of the 7 D-I win requirement. and there fore will quickly change my answer. No point in playing two games that will probably not count toward the 7 wins.

89Hen
December 12th, 2005, 09:57 AM
I was looking at it from FU's perspective. For us a money game is I-A.
Absolutely. That's the way it is for 98% of I-AA. Only Montana and Delaware are different. I'd include AppSt, but we've heard from their fans that if they scheduled a DII, they'd get 15,000 if they were lucky. UM and UD are the only ones that could sell out 22-23k for a DII. That's why I keep questioning outsiders take on the UD/DSU issue. The ONLY benefit that UD could receive by playing DSU instead of WCUPA is that it would be one more DI win. But until UD stops getting at-large bids with an 8-3 record, it makes no difference.

EagleCrusade
December 12th, 2005, 10:31 AM
I have serious doubts the 8/31 Northeastern date is correct. I think you mean 9/2. We rarely play home games on Thursday. I honestly can't remember the last home Thursday game....Hugo Bowl?

JMU Duke Dog
December 12th, 2005, 03:27 PM
This was an update after I found out VMI's 2006 schedule as they will play three A10 opponents next season with JMU, Richmond, and William & Mary. Keep the information coming and I will keep updating! Thanks for the help everyone!

Delaware
9/9 vs. West Chester
9/16 vs. Albany
9/23 at Rhode Island
9/30 vs. New Hampshire
10/7 at Northeastern
10/21 at Richmond (? - also listed for Villanova on same day)
10/28 vs. Towson
11/4 at James Madison
11/11 vs. William & Mary
11/18 vs. Villanova

Hofstra
10/7 vs. Villanova

James Madison
9/30 at VMI
10/7 vs. ? (Family Weekend)
10/21 vs. ? (Homecoming)
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova

Maine
10/14 vs. Villanova
? at Boston College

Massachusetts
9/2 vs. Colgate
9/9 at Navy
9/16 at Villanova

New Hampshire
9/9 at Northwestern
9/23 at Dartmouth
9/30 at Delaware
10/14 vs. ? (Homecoming)

Northeastern
10/7 vs. Delaware
? at Georgia Southern

Rhode Island
8/31 at Connecticut
9/9 vs. Merrimack
9/23 vs. Delaware
9/30 vs. Brown

Richmond
9/2 at Duke
9/16 vs. VMI
9/23 vs. Bucknell
10/21 ? (either vs. Delaware or at Villanova)

Towson
10/14 vs. ? (Homecoming)
10/28 at Delaware
11/4 at Villanova

Villanova
9/2 at Central Florida
9/9 vs. Lehigh
9/16 vs. Massachusetts
9/23 vs. Penn
10/7 at Hofstra
10/14 at Maine
10/21 vs. Richmond (Homecoming) (? - also listed for Delaware on same day)
10/28 at William & Mary
11/4 vs. Towson
11/11 vs. James Madison
11/18 at Delaware

William & Mary
9/2 at Maryland
9/23 vs. VMI
9/30 vs ? (Family Weekend)
10/14 at Liberty
11/11 at Delaware

TigerFan17
December 13th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Aight, so many of the games are extremely tentative that it was hard to pry the info out of the TU AD...but here is the 2006 schedule.

Again this is VERY tentative...don't even have dates yet...

Morgan State (Home)
Liberty (Home)
Elon (Road?)
Delaware (Road)
Maine (Home)
Umass (Homecoming)
Hofstra (Road?)
Villanova (Road)
William & Mary (Home)
Richmond (Road)
JMU (Home) Last REGULAR SEASON game of theyear

Sounds like a pretty favorable schedule for us. We should win the first 3, no questions. We have to win those. I could see us winning 3 or four more of the following games, and I would not mind another 6-5 or perhaps a 7-4. Then...its 2007. No more excuses in 2007, as we are finally full scholarship. But we still have another year of being the underdog in every in-conference game. :cool:

DB_Atlantic10
December 13th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Aight, so many of the games are extremely tentative that it was hard to pry the info out of the TU AD...but here is the 2006 schedule.

Again this is VERY tentative...don't even have dates yet...

Morgan State (Home)
Liberty (Home)
Elon (Road?)
Delaware (Road)
Maine (Home)
Umass (Homecoming)
Hofstra (Road?)
Villanova (Road)
William & Mary (Home)
Richmond (Road)
JMU (Home) Last game of theyear

TigerFan17....are you that certain your team won't make the play-offs.... Last game of the year??????? xlolx

TigerFan17
December 13th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Well if it goes anything like our last game of this year...yes, I am certain. ;) :p :p :hyped:

Hahaha..didn't even realize it. Thanks! :rotateh:

JMU Duke Dog
December 13th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks to TigerFan and UNH_Alum_In_CT I have updated the schedules once again! Keep the information coming as you get it! Thanks!

Delaware
9/9 vs. West Chester
9/16 vs. Albany
9/23 at Rhode Island
9/30 vs. New Hampshire
10/7 at Northeastern
10/21 at Richmond
10/28 vs. Towson
11/4 at James Madison
11/11 vs. William & Mary
11/18 vs. Villanova

Hofstra
10/7 vs. Villanova
11/18 at Massachusetts

James Madison
9/23 vs. Northeastern*
9/30 at VMI
10/14 at New Hampshire*
10/21 vs. William & Mary* (Homecoming)
10/28 at Richmond*
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova
11/18 at Towson
vs. Appalachian State**
vs. Austin Peay**

Maine
10/14 vs. Villanova
11/18 vs. New Hampshire
? at Boston College

Massachusetts
9/2 vs. Colgate
9/9 at Navy
9/16 at Villanova
10/14 at Towson
11/18 vs. Hofstra

New Hampshire
9/9 at Northwestern
9/23 at Dartmouth
9/30 at Delaware
10/14 vs. James Madison* (Homecoming)
11/18 at Maine

Northeastern
9/2 at Georgia Southern
9/23 at James Madison*
10/7 vs. Delaware
11/18 vs. Rhode Island

Rhode Island
8/31 at Connecticut
9/9 vs. Merrimack
9/23 vs. Delaware
9/30 vs. Brown
10/7 at James Madison*
11/18 at Northeastern

Richmond
9/2 at Duke
9/16 vs. VMI
9/23 vs. Bucknell
10/21 vs. Delaware
10/28 vs. James Madison*
11/4 at Villanova
11/11 vs. Towson*
11/18 at William & Mary

Towson
10/14 vs. Massachusetts (Homecoming)
10/21 at Villanova
10/28 at Delaware
11/4 vs. William & Mary*
11/11 at Richmond*
11/18 vs. James Madison
? at Elon
? vs. Liberty
? vs. Morgan State

Villanova
9/2 at Central Florida
9/9 vs. Lehigh
9/16 vs. Massachusetts
9/23 vs. Penn
10/7 at Hofstra
10/14 at Maine
10/21 vs. Towson (Homecoming)
10/28 at William & Mary
11/4 vs. Richmond
11/11 vs. James Madison
11/18 at Delaware

William & Mary
9/2 at Maryland
9/23 vs. VMI
10/14 at Liberty
10/21 at James Madison*
11/4 at Towson*
11/11 at Delaware
11/18 vs. Richmond

*Probable opponents due to how other schedules work out.
**Most likely JMU's remaining nonconference opponents.

JMU Duke Dog
December 13th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Rumor has it that JMU is working on a series deal with Appalachian State where Appalachian State would play at JMU in 2006 and JMU would make a return game later. This would possibly be a matchup of the past two defending national champions if the Mountaineers beat Northern Iowa on Friday night. Also, JMU is rumored to be paying Austin Peay for them to come to JMU in 2006 with no return game. These two nonconference opponents in Appalachian State and Austin Peay would fill JMU's 2006 football schedule.

:xmas:

JMU Duke Dog
December 14th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Any word out of Maine or Hofstra on their other 2006 nonconference opponents?

bluehenbillk
December 14th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Austin Peay?????? That tops Albany.

89Hen
December 14th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Not for long. Didn't AP announce they are going back to offering schollies?

JMU Duke Dog
December 14th, 2005, 12:12 PM

I am just glad we are suppose to play a Division I-AA opponent in Austin Peay instead of a Division II opponent like Lock Haven. I am also extremely excited about possibly playing Appalachian State at home next year.

bandl
December 14th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I am just glad we are suppose to play a Division I-AA opponent in Austin Peay instead of a Division II opponent like Lock Haven. I am also extremely excited about possibly playing Appalachian State at home next year.
Me too. I'll be sure to make both home games in that series, if it all works out.

I'm still wondering about the Hampton/JMU home & home series...

TigerFan17
December 14th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Yup, no more D-II for us. All I-AA next year and no more Lock Haven (70-0...ummm...). Although, our OOC isn't exactly a force to be reckoned with. :xmas:

JMU Duke Dog
December 14th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Me too. I'll be sure to make both home games in that series, if it all works out.

I'm still wondering about the Hampton/JMU home & home series...

The JMU-Hampton series fell apart back in September. I guess the Hampton coach had forgotten or had yet to be told. His comments after the Richmond game did not make any sense with a series for 2006 and 2007 as JMU had already finished its 2007 schedule after the series with Hampton not working out.

ysuindy
December 14th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I believe that Youngstown media has been reporting a Maine - Youngstown State game next year.

Northeastern - YSU originally scheduled for next year in Boston is off.

West Chester and Albany - man for once a YSU fan can criticize a non-conference schedule. :)

JMU Duke Dog
December 14th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Updated once again thanks to people's help! Keep submitting the info! Thanks!

Delaware
9/9 vs. West Chester
9/16 vs. Albany
9/23 at Rhode Island
9/30 vs. New Hampshire
10/7 at Northeastern
10/21 at Richmond
10/28 vs. Towson
11/4 at James Madison
11/11 vs. William & Mary
11/18 vs. Villanova

Hofstra
10/7 vs. Villanova
11/18 at Massachusetts

James Madison
9/23 vs. Northeastern*
9/30 at VMI
10/14 at New Hampshire*
10/21 vs. William & Mary* (Homecoming)
10/28 at Richmond*
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova
11/18 at Towson
vs. Appalachian State**
vs. Austin Peay**

Maine
10/14 vs. Villanova
11/18 vs. New Hampshire
? at Boston College
? ? Youngstown State

Massachusetts
9/2 vs. Colgate
9/9 at Navy
9/16 at Villanova
10/14 at Towson
11/18 vs. Hofstra

New Hampshire
9/9 at Northwestern
9/23 at Dartmouth
9/30 at Delaware
10/14 vs. James Madison* (Homecoming)
11/18 at Maine

Northeastern
9/2 at Georgia Southern
9/9 at Virginia Tech
9/23 at James Madison*
10/7 vs. Delaware
11/18 vs. Rhode Island

Rhode Island
8/31 at Connecticut
9/9 vs. Merrimack
9/23 vs. Delaware
9/30 vs. Brown
10/7 at James Madison*
11/18 at Northeastern

Richmond
9/2 at Duke
9/16 vs. VMI
9/23 vs. Bucknell
10/21 vs. Delaware
10/28 vs. James Madison*
11/4 at Villanova
11/11 vs. Towson*
11/18 at William & Mary

Towson
10/21 at Villanova
10/28 at Delaware
11/4 vs. William & Mary*
11/11 at Richmond*
11/18 vs. James Madison
? at Elon
? vs. Liberty
? vs. Morgan State

Villanova
9/2 at Central Florida
9/9 vs. Lehigh
9/16 vs. Massachusetts
9/23 vs. Penn
10/7 at Hofstra
10/14 at Maine
10/28 at William & Mary
11/4 vs. Richmond
11/11 vs. James Madison
11/18 at Delaware

William & Mary
9/2 at Maryland
9/23 vs. VMI
10/14 at Liberty
10/21 at James Madison*
11/4 at Towson*
11/11 at Delaware
11/18 vs. Richmond

JMU Duke Dog
December 14th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I believe that Youngstown media has been reporting a Maine - Youngstown State game next year.

Northeastern - YSU originally scheduled for next year in Boston is off.

West Chester and Albany - man for once a YSU fan can criticize a non-conference schedule. :)

Where is the reported Youngstown State-Maine game going to be played?

Also an another thread I read that Northeastern will be playing at Virginia Tech next year. I assume this will be 9/9/06 as it was the Hokies open week. If the Huskies' schedule works out how it looks like it will on this thread, then Northeastern is going to have an extremely difficult start to its 2006 campaign with being on the road for four straight weekends at Georgia Southern, at Virginia Tech, at North Dakota State, and at James Madison. :eek:

bandl
December 15th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Where is the reported Youngstown State-Maine game going to be played?

Also an another thread I read that Northeastern will be playing at Virginia Tech next year. I assume this will be 9/9/06 as it was the Hokies open week. If the Huskies' schedule works out how it looks like it will on this thread, then Northeastern is going to have an extremely difficult start to its 2006 campaign with being on the road for four straight weekends at Georgia Southern, at Virginia Tech, at North Dakota State, and at James Madison. :eek:
Poor guys....in terms of mileage travelled, that looks like a West Coast schedule!! And it's just a tough, tough schedule. We shant be hearing anything about a week OOC schedule for Northeastern, that's for sure.

89Hen
December 15th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Also an another thread I read that Northeastern will be playing at Virginia Tech next year.
12 games next year for I-A's?

VT already lists....
9/2 Sat vs. Kent
9/16 Sat vs. Southern Mississippi
9/23 Sat vs. Cincinnati

bluehenbillk
December 15th, 2005, 12:16 PM
That's right 89, 1-A got the green light last year for 12 games.

henfan
December 15th, 2005, 03:32 PM
And the NCAA's I-AA membership is scheduled to vote again on a 12 game proposal in April 2006. Stay tuned.

Hansel
December 15th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Not for long. Didn't AP announce they are going back to offering schollies?
:nod:

JMU Duke Dog
December 16th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks to rcny46 on AGS and UNH_Alum_In_CT on caazone.com for alerting me to the releasing of New Hampshire's 2006 football schedule! William & Mary also has released their schedule. Keep the information coming and this will be finalized!

Delaware
9/9 vs. West Chester
9/16 vs. Albany
9/23 at Rhode Island
9/30 vs. New Hampshire
10/7 at Northeastern
10/21 at Richmond
10/28 vs. Towson
11/4 at James Madison
11/11 vs. William & Mary
11/18 vs. Villanova

Hofstra
9/30 at William & Mary
10/7 vs. Villanova
10/28 at New Hampshire
11/18 at Massachusetts

James Madison
9/2 vs. Austin Peay**
9/9 or 9/16 vs. Appalachian State**
9/23 vs. Northeastern*
9/30 at VMI
10/14 at New Hampshire
10/28 at Richmond*
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova
11/18 at Towson

Maine
9/16 at William & Mary
10/14 vs. Villanova
11/18 vs. New Hampshire
? at Boston College
? ? Youngstown State

Massachusetts
9/2 vs. Colgate
9/9 at Navy
9/16 at Villanova
10/7 vs. William & Mary
10/14 at Towson
11/4 at New Hampshire
11/18 vs. Hofstra

New Hampshire
9/9 at Northwestern
9/16 vs. Stony Brook
9/23 at Dartmouth
9/30 at Delaware
10/7 vs. Richmond
10/14 vs. James Madison (Homecoming)
10/21 at Northeastern
10/28 vs. Hofstra (Family Weekend)
11/4 vs. Massachusetts
11/11 at Rhode Island
11/18 at Maine

Northeastern
9/2 at Georgia Southern
9/9 at Virginia Tech
9/23 at James Madison*
10/7 vs. Delaware
10/21 vs. New Hampshire
11/18 vs. Rhode Island

Rhode Island
8/31 at Connecticut
9/9 vs. Merrimack
9/23 vs. Delaware
9/30 vs. Brown
10/7 at James Madison*
11/11 vs. New Hampshire
11/18 at Northeastern

Richmond
9/2 at Duke
9/16 vs. VMI
9/23 vs. Bucknell
10/7 at New Hampshire
10/21 vs. Delaware
10/28 vs. James Madison*
11/4 at Villanova
11/11 vs. Towson*
11/18 at William & Mary

Towson
9/2 vs. Morgan State
10/21 at Villanova
10/28 at Delaware
11/4 vs. William & Mary
11/11 at Richmond*
11/18 vs. James Madison
? at Elon
? vs. Liberty

Villanova
9/2 at Central Florida
9/9 vs. Lehigh
9/16 vs. Massachusetts
9/23 vs. Penn
10/7 at Hofstra
10/14 at Maine
10/28 at William & Mary
11/4 vs. Richmond
11/11 vs. James Madison
11/18 at Delaware

William & Mary
9/2 at Maryland
9/16 vs. Maine
9/23 vs. VMI
9/30 vs Hofstra (Family Weekend)
10/7 at Massachusetts
10/14 at Liberty
10/21 at James Madison
11/4 at Towson
11/11 at Delaware
11/18 vs. Richmond

JMU Duke Dog
December 17th, 2005, 02:35 PM
A10 Schools That Have Released 2006 Schedules:
Delaware
New Hampshire
Villanova
William & Mary

A10 Schools That Have NOT Released 2006 Schedules:
Hofstra
James Madison
Maine
Massachusetts
Northeastern
Rhode Island
Richmond
Towson

If you know any information of the ones that have yet to release their schedules then please let us know. Thanks!

Umass74
December 18th, 2005, 08:11 AM
UMass likes to play "I've got a secret" with their schedule. Sometimes it's not released until late spring.

If I hear anything I will post it.

TypicalTribe
December 19th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Villanova's schedule is absolutely brutal.

Umass74
December 19th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Looks like the Hens will be back to the playoffs in 2006.

Seven home games with OOC of West Chester, Albany and Hofstra (with Hofstra not counting as an A10 win/loss)...

89Hen
December 19th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Looks like the Hens will be back to the playoffs in 2006.

Seven home games with OOC of West Chester, Albany and Hofstra (with Hofstra not counting as an A10 win/loss)...
Unfortunately, that alone won't do it. The Hens had 7 home games this year and won all three OOC games and look where it got us.

bandl
December 19th, 2005, 12:10 PM
The A-10 is going to be a shoot-out, IMO. UNH seems to be in the driver seat with Santos/Ball...but look at JMU in '04 to '05. Essentially the same key players...much much different results. Who knows, maybe Santos gets hurt (heaven forbid) and then some other team steps up in the A-10. I won't be surprised if there are a whole new set of teams in the hunt in '06 as compared to '05.
That's why I love the A-10 though!!! :hurray:

DTSpider
December 19th, 2005, 12:17 PM
The A10 will be wild as always. The south will be next to impossible to predict. JMU returns most of the skill players. You've got to love senior leadership and think that they'll be better. With the exception of Tutt, Richmond played with freshmen & sophomores this year. Could be a slow start (but not when you have VMI & Bucknell on the schedule) but that should be a good team. Delaware played nearly all freshmen & sophomores as well. They should be better. Towson keeps getting scholarships and should improve. W&M is always good. Nova is a wild card but they'll have Burroughs back.

You could make a very strong argument for pretty much any of the teams to finish anywhere from first to last in the division. It'll come down to one or two key injuries and one/two plays a game.

Brad82
December 19th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Look for Rhody to lead in rushing and win 4 games again.

GannonFan
December 19th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately, that alone won't do it. The Hens had 7 home games this year and won all three OOC games and look where it got us.

Well, we had 7 home game planned but I don't think we were counting on one of the home games not being in Newark. :splat:

GannonFan
December 19th, 2005, 01:13 PM
The A10 will be wild as always. The south will be next to impossible to predict. JMU returns most of the skill players. You've got to love senior leadership and think that they'll be better. With the exception of Tutt, Richmond played with freshmen & sophomores this year. Could be a slow start (but not when you have VMI & Bucknell on the schedule) but that should be a good team. Delaware played nearly all freshmen & sophomores as well. They should be better. Towson keeps getting scholarships and should improve. W&M is always good. Nova is a wild card but they'll have Burroughs back.

You could make a very strong argument for pretty much any of the teams to finish anywhere from first to last in the division. It'll come down to one or two key injuries and one/two plays a game.

I disagree a little bit - even with Burroughs back nova is in for a long, dry stretch. They lose much of what they had and they are still a team with a bad offensive line, a defense that is a sieve against the run, and an offense lacking any real explosiveness. I don't envy Burroughs, he'll be running for his life again behind that line. nova is a big step down from the other 5 at this point in time.

JMU Duke Dog
January 9th, 2006, 09:51 PM
This is an update due to the schedule release of UMass.

Delaware
9/9 vs. West Chester
9/16 vs. Albany
9/23 at Rhode Island
9/30 vs. New Hampshire
10/7 at Northeastern
10/21 at Richmond
10/28 vs. Towson
11/4 at James Madison
11/11 vs. William & Mary
11/18 vs. Villanova

Hofstra
9/30 at William & Mary
10/7 vs. Villanova
10/28 at New Hampshire
11/18 at Massachusetts

James Madison
9/2 vs. Austin Peay**
9/9 or 9/16 vs. Appalachian State**
9/23 vs. Northeastern*
9/30 at VMI
10/14 at New Hampshire
10/28 at Richmond*
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova
11/18 at Towson

Maine
9/16 at William & Mary
10/14 vs. Villanova
11/11 at Massachusetts
11/18 vs. New Hampshire
? at Boston College
? ? Youngstown State

Massachusetts
9/2 at Navy
9/9 vs. Colgate
9/16 at Villanova
9/30 vs. American International
10/7 vs. William & Mary
10/14 at Towson
10/21 vs. Rhode Island
10/28 at Northeastern
11/4 at New Hampshire
11/11 vs. Maine
11/18 vs. Hofstra

New Hampshire
9/9 at Northwestern
9/16 vs. Stony Brook
9/23 at Dartmouth
9/30 at Delaware
10/7 vs. Richmond
10/21 at Northeastern
11/4 vs. Massachusetts
11/11 at Rhode Island
11/18 at Maine

Northeastern
9/2 at Georgia Southern
9/9 at Virginia Tech
9/23 at James Madison*
10/7 vs. Delaware
10/21 vs. New Hampshire
10/28 vs. Massachusetts
11/18 vs. Rhode Island

Rhode Island
8/31 at Connecticut
9/9 vs. Merrimack
9/23 vs. Delaware
9/30 vs. Brown
10/7 at James Madison*
10/21 at Massachusetts
11/11 vs. New Hampshire
11/18 at Northeastern

Richmond
9/2 at Duke
9/16 vs. VMI
9/23 vs. Bucknell
10/7 at New Hampshire
10/21 vs. Delaware
10/28 vs. James Madison*
11/4 at Villanova
11/11 vs. Towson*
11/18 at William & Mary

Towson
9/2 vs. Morgan State
10/21 at Villanova
10/28 at Delaware
11/4 vs. William & Mary
11/11 at Richmond*
11/18 vs. James Madison
? at Elon
? vs. Liberty

Villanova
9/2 at Central Florida
9/9 vs. Lehigh
9/16 vs. Massachusetts
9/23 vs. Penn
10/7 at Hofstra
10/14 at Maine
10/28 at William & Mary
11/4 vs. Richmond
11/11 vs. James Madison
11/18 at Delaware

William & Mary
9/2 at Maryland
9/16 vs. Maine
9/23 vs. VMI
10/7 at Massachusetts
10/14 at Liberty
10/21 at James Madison
11/4 at Towson
11/11 at Delaware
11/18 vs. Richmond

Umass74
January 10th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Ackk! What an opening schedule for Northeastern in September: @GSU, @Virginia Tech, @ North Dakota State and @ JMU. :rotateh:

Umass74
January 11th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Oops! The UMass Athletic Dept screwed up the first two games in its press release on the 2006 schedule. :o

The correct dates are:

09/02/06 Colgate
09/09/06 @ Navy

The full corrected schedule is here (http://umassathletics.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010906aaa.html)

JMU Duke Dog
January 11th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Delaware
9/9 vs. West Chester
9/16 vs. Albany
9/23 at Rhode Island
9/30 vs. New Hampshire
10/7 at Northeastern
10/21 at Richmond
10/28 vs. Towson
11/4 at James Madison
11/11 vs. William & Mary
11/18 vs. Villanova

Hofstra
9/30 at William & Mary
10/7 vs. Villanova
10/28 at New Hampshire
11/18 at Massachusetts

James Madison
9/23 vs. Northeastern*
9/30 at VMI
10/14 at New Hampshire
10/28 at Richmond*
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova
11/18 at Towson

Maine
9/16 at William & Mary
10/14 vs. Villanova
11/11 at Massachusetts
11/18 vs. New Hampshire
? at Boston College
? ? Youngstown State

Massachusetts
9/2 vs. Colgate
9/9 at Navy
9/16 at Villanova
10/7 vs. William & Mary
10/14 at Towson
10/21 vs. Rhode Island
10/28 at Northeastern
11/4 at New Hampshire
11/11 vs. Maine
11/18 vs. Hofstra

New Hampshire
9/9 at Northwestern
9/16 vs. Stony Brook
9/23 at Dartmouth
9/30 at Delaware
10/7 vs. Richmond
10/21 at Northeastern
11/4 vs. Massachusetts
11/11 at Rhode Island
11/18 at Maine

Northeastern
9/2 at Georgia Southern
9/9 at Virginia Tech
9/23 at James Madison*
10/7 vs. Delaware
10/21 vs. New Hampshire
10/28 vs. Massachusetts
11/18 vs. Rhode Island

Rhode Island
8/31 at Connecticut
9/9 vs. Merrimack
9/23 vs. Delaware
9/30 vs. Brown
10/7 at James Madison*
10/21 at Massachusetts
11/11 vs. New Hampshire
11/18 at Northeastern

Richmond
9/2 at Duke
9/16 vs. VMI
9/23 vs. Bucknell
10/7 at New Hampshire
10/21 vs. Delaware
10/28 vs. James Madison*
11/4 at Villanova
11/11 vs. Towson*
11/18 at William & Mary

Towson
9/2 vs. Morgan State
10/21 at Villanova
10/28 at Delaware
11/4 vs. William & Mary
11/11 at Richmond*
11/18 vs. James Madison
? at Elon
? vs. Liberty

Villanova
9/2 at Central Florida
9/9 vs. Lehigh
9/16 vs. Massachusetts
9/23 vs. Penn
10/7 at Hofstra
10/14 at Maine
10/28 at William & Mary
11/4 vs. Richmond
11/11 vs. James Madison
11/18 at Delaware

William & Mary
9/2 at Maryland
9/16 vs. Maine
9/23 vs. VMI
10/7 at Massachusetts
10/14 at Liberty
10/21 at James Madison
11/4 at Towson
11/11 at Delaware
11/18 vs. Richmond

LEHIGH61
January 11th, 2006, 02:58 PM
7 Home games for Delaware again. Really, their should be some control over such a situation. It's just not right.

colgate13
January 11th, 2006, 03:16 PM
7 Home games for Delaware again. Really, their should be some control over such a situation. It's just not right.

:eyebrow:

The NCAA should control the regular season scheduling of an independent university? Just what kind of crack are you smokin' man?

Do you want the NCAA stepping in and telling Lehigh who and where they can schedule to play football?

xidiotx

GannonFan
January 11th, 2006, 03:17 PM

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Aww, that's just a shame. Yes, let's have the NCAA set up a governing body to make the schedules, that way Delaware won't get too many home games. Technically speaking, after the field fiasco last year, we only had 6 home games. I don't know what you're crying about - if you look at it from the fan perspective, having 7 games is a way of rewarding the 22k faithful who show up for every game - it's a very fan friendly policy of scheduling. Why have an extra road game where only a few thousand Hens fans can make the trip? If you want to blame people blame me - next year is year #35 of me going to Blue Hen football games - if it weren't for people like me UD wouldn't schedule so many home games! :nod:

bluehenbillk
January 11th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Take a look at all the power 1-A's that will now play 8 home games per year. If you have the fans to fill the stadium & enough seats money talks, which is why UD wants home games. If you want to complain talk to your own school, Lehigh was more than happy to pay a visit to kickoff the '05 season.

blukeys
January 11th, 2006, 07:15 PM

Paul Rheinhard, It's Ok, you can use your own name to post. I know it's been a long time since trashing anything Delaware but go ahead we are used to it and we always consider the source. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JMU Duke Dog
January 21st, 2006, 08:21 PM
Updated due to Northeastern not playing Georgia Southern and JMU playing Marshall in 2006.

Delaware
9/9 vs. West Chester
9/16 vs. Albany
9/23 at Rhode Island
9/30 vs. New Hampshire
10/7 at Northeastern
10/21 at Richmond
10/28 vs. Towson
11/4 at James Madison
11/11 vs. William & Mary
11/18 vs. Villanova

Hofstra
9/30 at William & Mary
10/7 vs. Villanova
10/28 at New Hampshire
11/18 at Massachusetts

James Madison
9/16 at Marshall
9/23 vs. Northeastern*
9/30 at VMI
10/14 at New Hampshire
10/28 at Richmond*
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova
11/18 at Towson

Maine
9/16 at William & Mary
10/14 vs. Villanova
11/11 at Massachusetts
11/18 vs. New Hampshire
? at Boston College
? ? Youngstown State

Massachusetts
9/2 vs. Colgate
9/9 at Navy
9/16 at Villanova
10/7 vs. William & Mary
10/14 at Towson
10/21 vs. Rhode Island
10/28 at Northeastern
11/4 at New Hampshire
11/11 vs. Maine
11/18 vs. Hofstra

New Hampshire
9/9 at Northwestern
9/16 vs. Stony Brook
9/23 at Dartmouth
9/30 at Delaware
10/7 vs. Richmond
10/21 at Northeastern
11/4 vs. Massachusetts
11/11 at Rhode Island
11/18 at Maine

Northeastern
9/9 at Virginia Tech
9/23 at James Madison*
10/7 vs. Delaware
10/21 vs. New Hampshire
10/28 vs. Massachusetts
11/18 vs. Rhode Island

Rhode Island
8/31 at Connecticut
9/9 vs. Merrimack
9/23 vs. Delaware
9/30 vs. Brown
10/7 at James Madison*
10/21 at Massachusetts
11/11 vs. New Hampshire
11/18 at Northeastern

Richmond
9/2 at Duke
9/16 vs. VMI
9/23 vs. Bucknell
10/7 at New Hampshire
10/21 vs. Delaware
10/28 vs. James Madison*
11/4 at Villanova
11/11 vs. Towson*
11/18 at William & Mary

Towson
9/2 vs. Morgan State
10/21 at Villanova
10/28 at Delaware
11/4 vs. William & Mary
11/11 at Richmond*
11/18 vs. James Madison
? at Elon
? vs. Liberty

Villanova
9/2 at Central Florida
9/9 vs. Lehigh
9/16 vs. Massachusetts
9/23 vs. Penn
10/7 at Hofstra
10/14 at Maine
10/28 at William & Mary
11/4 vs. Richmond
11/11 vs. James Madison
11/18 at Delaware

William & Mary
9/2 at Maryland
9/16 vs. Maine
9/23 vs. VMI
10/7 at Massachusetts
10/14 at Liberty
10/21 at James Madison
11/4 at Towson
11/11 at Delaware
11/18 vs. Richmond

JMU Duke Dog
January 30th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Updated 1/30/06

Delaware
9/9 vs. West Chester
9/16 vs. Albany
9/23 at Rhode Island
9/30 vs. New Hampshire
10/7 at Northeastern
10/21 at Richmond
10/28 vs. Towson
11/4 at James Madison
11/11 vs. William & Mary
11/18 vs. Villanova

Hofstra
9/30 at William & Mary
10/7 vs. Villanova
10/28 at New Hampshire
11/11 vs. Northeastern*
11/18 at Massachusetts

James Madison
9/2 vs. Bloomsburg
9/9 at Marshall
9/23 vs. Northeastern*
9/30 at VMI
10/14 at New Hampshire
10/28 at Richmond
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova
11/18 at Towson

Maine
9/9 at Youngstown State
9/16 at William & Mary
9/30 at Boston College
10/14 vs. Villanova
11/11 at Massachusetts
11/18 vs. New Hampshire

Massachusetts
9/2 vs. Colgate
9/9 at Navy
9/16 at Villanova
10/7 vs. William & Mary
10/14 at Towson
10/21 vs. Rhode Island
10/28 at Northeastern
11/4 at New Hampshire
11/11 vs. Maine
11/18 vs. Hofstra

New Hampshire
9/9 at Northwestern
9/16 vs. Stony Brook
9/23 at Dartmouth
9/30 at Delaware
10/7 vs. Richmond
10/21 at Northeastern
11/4 vs. Massachusetts
11/11 at Rhode Island
11/18 at Maine

Northeastern
9/2 at Virginia Tech
9/23 at James Madison*
9/30 at Richmond
10/7 vs. Delaware
10/21 vs. New Hampshire
10/28 vs. Massachusetts
11/11 at Hofstra*
11/18 vs. Rhode Island

Rhode Island
8/31 at Connecticut
9/9 vs. Merrimack
9/23 vs. Delaware
9/30 vs. Brown
10/7 at James Madison*
10/14 vs. Richmond
10/21 at Massachusetts
11/11 vs. New Hampshire
11/18 at Northeastern

Richmond
9/2 at Duke
9/16 vs. VMI (Family Weekend)
9/23 vs. Bucknell
9/30 vs. Northeastern
10/7 at New Hampshire
10/14 at Rhode Island
10/21 vs. Delaware
10/28 vs. James Madison (Homecoming)
11/4 at Villanova
11/11 vs. Towson
11/18 at William & Mary

Towson
9/2 vs. Morgan State
10/21 at Villanova
10/28 at Delaware
11/4 vs. William & Mary
11/11 at Richmond
11/18 vs. James Madison
? at Elon
? vs. Liberty

Villanova
9/2 at Central Florida
9/9 vs. Lehigh
9/16 vs. Massachusetts
9/23 vs. Penn
10/7 at Hofstra
10/14 at Maine
10/28 at William & Mary
11/4 vs. Richmond
11/11 vs. James Madison
11/18 at Delaware

William & Mary
9/2 at Maryland
9/16 vs. Maine
9/23 vs. VMI
10/7 at Massachusetts
10/14 at Liberty
10/21 at James Madison
11/4 at Towson
11/11 at Delaware
11/18 vs. Richmond

JMU Duke Dog
February 8th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Updated 2/8/06....I am not sure how many people still look at this as most teams' schedules are now finalized...well of course JMU is not as we love drama in our scheduling!

Delaware
9/9 vs. West Chester
9/16 vs. Albany
9/23 at Rhode Island
9/30 vs. New Hampshire
10/7 at Northeastern
10/21 at Richmond
10/28 vs. Towson
11/4 at James Madison
11/11 vs. William & Mary
11/18 vs. Villanova

Hofstra
9/9 at Marshall
9/30 at William & Mary
10/7 vs. Villanova
10/28 at New Hampshire
11/11 vs. Northeastern*
11/18 at Massachusetts

James Madison
9/2 vs. Bloomsburg
9/23 vs. Northeastern*
9/30 at VMI
10/14 at New Hampshire
10/28 at Richmond
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova
11/18 at Towson

Maine
9/9 at Youngstown State
9/16 at William & Mary
9/30 at Boston College
10/14 vs. Villanova
11/11 at Massachusetts
11/18 vs. New Hampshire

Massachusetts
9/2 vs. Colgate
9/9 at Navy
9/16 at Villanova
10/7 vs. William & Mary
10/14 at Towson
10/21 vs. Rhode Island
10/28 at Northeastern
11/4 at New Hampshire
11/11 vs. Maine
11/18 vs. Hofstra

New Hampshire
9/9 at Northwestern
9/16 vs. Stony Brook
9/23 at Dartmouth
9/30 at Delaware
10/7 vs. Richmond
10/21 at Northeastern
11/4 vs. Massachusetts
11/11 at Rhode Island
11/18 at Maine

Northeastern
9/2 at Virginia Tech
9/9 at North Dakota State
9/23 at James Madison*
9/30 at Richmond
10/7 vs. Delaware
10/21 vs. New Hampshire
10/28 vs. Massachusetts
11/11 at Hofstra*
11/18 vs. Rhode Island

Rhode Island
8/31 at Connecticut
9/9 vs. Merrimack
9/23 vs. Delaware
9/30 vs. Brown
10/7 at James Madison*
10/14 vs. Richmond
10/21 at Massachusetts
11/11 vs. New Hampshire
11/18 at Northeastern

Richmond
9/2 at Duke
9/16 vs. VMI (Family Weekend)
9/23 vs. Bucknell
9/30 vs. Northeastern
10/7 at New Hampshire
10/14 at Rhode Island
10/21 vs. Delaware
10/28 vs. James Madison (Homecoming)
11/4 at Villanova
11/11 vs. Towson
11/18 at William & Mary

Towson
9/2 vs. Morgan State
9/16 vs. Liberty
10/21 at Villanova
10/28 at Delaware
11/4 vs. William & Mary
11/11 at Richmond
11/18 vs. James Madison
? at Elon
? vs. Liberty

Villanova
9/2 at Central Florida
9/9 vs. Lehigh
9/16 vs. Massachusetts
9/23 vs. Penn
10/7 at Hofstra
10/14 at Maine
10/28 at William & Mary
11/4 vs. Richmond
11/11 vs. James Madison
11/18 at Delaware

William & Mary
9/2 at Maryland
9/16 vs. Maine
9/23 vs. VMI
10/7 at Massachusetts
10/14 at Liberty
10/21 at James Madison
11/4 at Towson
11/11 at Delaware
11/18 vs. Richmond