PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Article Mentions Michigan Player Transferring to ASU

smallcollegefbfan
August 7th, 2009, 11:10 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4383435

AshevilleApp2
August 7th, 2009, 11:16 AM
He's not listed on Michigan's 2009 roster. High School highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEo9HAKMC6o

danefan
August 7th, 2009, 11:18 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4383435

That's a really good pickup for ASU.

Feagan got some burn at Mich his true frosh year (including a 49 rushing yard performance against Minn (on 7 carries)).

asknoquarter21
August 7th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Too bad he isn't an OL

AppIAA
August 7th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Seriously.. how many QBs/Receivers/Athletes do we need?

Guess we'll be even deeper at the skill positions now -- maybe we'll redshirt him?

Skjellyfetti
August 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Could be true... but, I'm going to wait to hear this from somewhere else.

I don't know why he would want to transfer to App where we are loaded at QB.

The article just mentions it from people connected to Michigan... not App... and they say he is "planning to transfer to Appalachian State"... not that he is.

biggie
August 7th, 2009, 11:29 AM
He was kicked off the team at the end of July for undisclosed 'team rules' problem. Seems more likely a WR as never worked out at QB for Mich. But don't want him if he has any off field problems.

We do have a ton of Freshman 'athletes' in this mold this year.

jonmac
August 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Consensus on the MMB for now seems to be that he was outspoken against Rodriquez and his system. Could have been the reason he was asked to leave. Still may not be a good thing for us if he is hardheaded. Maybe he just didn't like Michigan. That's a tough change for a kid from Florida. I guess we'll just have to see and hope for the best.

ASU_Fanatic
August 7th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Heck yea baby Justin Feagin! Life after Armanti!!!

crossfire07
August 7th, 2009, 12:18 PM
If it was not for tradition that was created decades ago, nobody would even know Michigan for anything other than just another FBS school and this topic would not exist.

FCS Go!
August 7th, 2009, 12:29 PM
If it was not for tradition that was created decades ago, nobody would even know Michigan for anything other than just another FBS school and this topic would not exist.

What?

Eight Legger
August 7th, 2009, 12:33 PM
He was kicked off the team at the end of July for undisclosed 'team rules' problem. Seems more likely a WR as never worked out at QB for Mich. But don't want him if he has any off field problems.

We do have a ton of Freshman 'athletes' in this mold this year.

Paging Mickey Matthews....

GoGuins
August 7th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Feagin was kicked off Michigan's team for stealing from another teammate. What he stole, I have not heard

CharlestonAppFan
August 7th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Feagin was kicked off Michigan's team for stealing from another teammate. What he stole, I have not heard

Girl? xwhistlex

YoUDeeMan
August 7th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Update:

Feagan, who initially played for the University of Michigan and is transferring to Appalachian State University, was overheard justifying his decision by saying: "Well, if you can't beat them, join them."

www.thatswhatmyUMcoachestaughtme.com

elon77
August 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Lawnmower.

Appinator
August 7th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Lawnmower.

Too soon....xbawlingx

DX Man
August 7th, 2009, 01:04 PM

Are you talking about the University of Michigan who has more wins than any other FBS program?

GreatAppSt
August 7th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Girl? xwhistlex

xlolxxlolx

ASU_MBA
August 7th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Coach Moore have a policy of not taking a transfer unless they are welcomed back at the previous school? I also know the coaching staff at App is familiar with the Michigan staff from the WVU days so I doubt they would take a trouble maker...but eh there are two sides to every story...

Uncle Buck
August 7th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Girl? xwhistlex

That'll usually just get you a punch in the nose xspankx , or at least that's what it used to be.

asknoquarter21
August 7th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Jerry Moore would talk with Rich Rod before accepting this kid.

Touchdown Yosef
August 7th, 2009, 01:40 PM
We have too many QB/Athletes we need a big O-line transfer not a 7th quarterback on the roster.

ASU_MBA
August 7th, 2009, 01:45 PM
we do have an extra scholly from Quin Thornton not making the grades......

jonmac
August 7th, 2009, 02:31 PM

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts it'd be Christmas everyday.

If McNeese St. wasn't FCS you wouldn't be posting on this topic on this message board.

WHO CARES?

cmaxwellgsu
August 7th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Coach Moore have a policy of not taking a transfer unless they are welcomed back at the previous school? I also know the coaching staff at App is familiar with the Michigan staff from the WVU days so I doubt they would take a trouble maker...but eh there are two sides to every story...

You mean Rodriquez wouldn't take a troublemaker....the college coach of Pacman Jones?!? Granted, if I were Moore, I wouldn't waste time listening to a liar like Rodriquez.

GaSouthern
August 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM
We have too many QB/Athletes we need a big O-line transfer not a 7th quarterback on the roster.

Dude, of all the things to complain about, this is a blessing of a problem xthumbsupx

blueballs
August 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
A little birdy who has known this player for many years said there's more to the situation that any of us know... also said there is serious academic questions... and finally said that he'd be surprised if this kid ever took a snap in a game at Boone.

One other thing... you can never have too many quarterbacks if you are an option team. For years GSU's recruiting philosophy when running the option was to recruit quarterbacks from running HS offenses because they were often the best athletes and the smartest players. GSU would take bunches of QB's, keep the best in the QB position and move the rest to other positions like WR, SB, CB, Safety, LB, Rover, etc.

biggie
August 7th, 2009, 03:50 PM
If there are this many questions of this kids acedemics and reputation, I doubt he's even going to make a practice.

ASU
August 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
A little birdy who has known this player for many years said there's more to the situation that any of us know... also said there is serious academic questions... and finally said that he'd be surprised if this kid ever took a snap in a game at Boone.

One other thing... you can never have too many quarterbacks if you are an option team. For years GSU's recruiting philosophy when running the option was to recruit quarterbacks from running HS offenses because they were often the best athletes and the smartest players. GSU would take bunches of QB's, keep the best in the QB position and move the rest to other positions like WR, SB, CB, Safety, LB, Rover, etc.

I would be surprised if grades were a problem. Was evidently a great high school student, but you never know.

Yes, so far as I know, Coach Moore will not take any player that could not return to his previous team. Makes you wonder if Coach Moore will just nix his idea of coming altogether. We may not know the whole story though. Could have been something he picked up by mistake. (Yeah, sure.)

Touchdown Yosef
August 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Dude, of all the things to complain about, this is a blessing of a problem xthumbsupx

I understand and I know we are blessed with Athletes but we have real needs for O-linemen the depth is seriously lacking.

hapapp
August 7th, 2009, 05:55 PM
One source suggested that there is some mutual interest, but that the rumors of his transfer are coming from his end not ours. If he was removed for stealing and also has academic issues, I would doubt he would make it to Boone. Of course, when working from rumor rather published information, one should likely withhold judgment.

kdinva
August 7th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Update:

Feagan, who initially played for the University of Michigan and is transferring to Appalachian State University, was overheard justifying his decision by saying: "Well, if you can't beat them, join them."

might as well..........:Dxnodx

Phoenix87
August 8th, 2009, 01:38 PM
if its true I wouldn't want him. he was kicked off the team for assaulting someone a couple months back. great athlete, not great arm. but he has a record

ASU_MBA
August 8th, 2009, 02:03 PM
if its true I wouldn't want him. he was kicked off the team for assaulting someone a couple months back. great athlete, not great arm. but he has a record

Some people say he stole something....some people say he assaulted someone...unless we have proof of what he did then we should stop the speculation....look at all the kids that have left Michigan once Coach Rod got there....he does nothing but burn bridges...If you are going to say Feagin did this or that...then quote the source....he was dismissed form the team but there are two sides to every story....I will hold on the judgment until I hear the facts.

james_lawfirm
August 8th, 2009, 02:58 PM

Not exactly sure what you mean. But if you mean what you say, that is like saying "But for my grandmother, I would not be here."

KiddBrewer
August 8th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Not exactly sure what you mean. But if you mean what you say, that is like saying "But for my grandmother, I would not be here."

ha james, you went to the think tank for that one. i like it.

griz37
August 9th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Sounds like Mr. Feagin has a little problem with drugs.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090809/SPORTS06/90809032/1048/SPORTS/Cocaine-deal-led-to-Justin-Feagin-s-fall-at-U-M

FCS Go!
August 9th, 2009, 10:09 PM

http://www.freep.com/article/20090809/SPORTS06/90809032/1048/SPORTS/Cocaine-deal-led-to-Justin-Feagin-s-fall-at-U-M

I think App might want to take a pass on this one.

Skjellyfetti
August 9th, 2009, 10:37 PM

He will not be playing football for Appalachian...

ur2k
August 9th, 2009, 11:00 PM

Has he called Mickey Matthews? He and Peter Rose could be a dynamic duo. xlolx

BTW - That was a joke.

/ / ducks and slowly walks away.

thmst30
August 10th, 2009, 02:06 AM
He will not be playing football for Appalachian...
Forget playing football, I'd be disgusted if the University even accepted him.

biggie
August 10th, 2009, 09:24 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4388152

ESPN's Joe Schad reported Friday that Feagin had planned to transfer to Appalachian State and could play for the FCS school this season if he's cleared academically. However, an Appalachian State source told Schad that Feagin will not be admitted at the school due to academic concerns and the details of the Free Press' report of Feagin's alleged drug activity.

Eight Legger
August 10th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Kudos, App.

JmuSkinsfan
August 10th, 2009, 10:42 AM
This guy seems to be 10x worse than Peter Rose. Kudos on ASU for not taking him. This guy sounds like a world of trouble.

The diff. obviously being this guy was allegedly dealing cocaine IN college after already being admitted to and playing for Michigan.

Peter Rose was dealing weed in HS (still dumb, but give the guy a 2nd chance). He already paid a price by being taken off scholly from Vatech

ASU
August 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I would be surprised if grades were a problem. Was evidently a great high school student, but you never know.

Yes, so far as I know, Coach Moore will not take any player that could not return to his previous team. Makes you wonder if Coach Moore will just nix his idea of coming altogether. We may not know the whole story though. Could have been something he picked up by mistake. (Yeah, sure.)

Appalachian State turned him down from transferring to Boone, NC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4388152

(Sorry, didn't see the previous posts....for some reason didn't pick up this last page.)

GoDukes86
August 10th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I would have been shocked if Moore and App accepted this guy, and make as many comparisons you want to, this is not the same situation as Peter Rose.