PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Southern Schedule - What About McNeese?

TexasTerror
August 4th, 2009, 06:12 AM
This situation may get interesting. Southern's head football coach said the team will likely play in Orlando, Fla. on Labor Day weekend in 2010. The 2010 season is not a 12 game year. The SWAC is going to the nine-game mandate. With only two OOC games - what happens?

Does Southern and Tennessee State call off their game for a year? Does ESPN pay the buyout to get the Jaguars out of the McNeese game so SU and TNST can move their game?

On TSPN, SUjagTILiDIE said AD LaFleur said the squad was still going to Nashville next year. So are the AD and head coach not on the same page? Would not surprise me.

We already know the McNeese-Southern issue has been one beaten to a bloody pulp on this board and others. Can you imagine if Southern pulled out on the Pokes?

Richardson said Southern likely will participate in the MEAC-SWAC Challenge in Orlando, Fla., to open the 2010 season.

South Carolina State and Grambling will play in the event this season. SU played in the event in 2007, beating Florida A&M 33-27 in Birmingham, Ala.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/52350602.html?showAll=y&c=y

crossfire07
August 4th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I would not be suprised at all if they backed out of the game they have been owing for years. would not be nothing new. they should just mail the check and be done with it.

TexasTerror
August 4th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I would not be suprised at all if they backed out of the game they have been owing for years. would not be nothing new. they should just mail the check and be done with it.

They have the money...allegedly.

Just laid off staff, shut down some sports, all the while giving Cador a nice raise and a pitching coach. I'm sure they can find the cash somewhere...

GAD
August 4th, 2009, 08:32 AM
at it again huh TTxrolleyesx
The SWAC/MEAC challenge and Tn State game are schedule for the same weekend so I think McNeese will be ok

Just goes to show how this dang 9 game mandate is killing scheduling

TexasTerror
August 4th, 2009, 08:57 AM
The SWAC/MEAC challenge and Tn State game are schedule for the same weekend so I think McNeese will be ok

You never know...both your AD and head coach are on different pages. No telling who to believe about those two games, let alone much else! xnonono2x

BEAR
August 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Is this a UAPB/UCA thing? xlolx

roTSU50
August 4th, 2009, 09:26 AM
John Merritt Classic isn't always on labor day weekend. It is billed as the first home game for TSU of that year

roTSU50
August 4th, 2009, 09:27 AM
to be in the MEAC/SWAC challenge you are technically suppose to win your conference. I think the guy was just claiming that SU will when the SWAC

813Jag
August 4th, 2009, 09:36 AM
to be in the MEAC/SWAC challenge you are technically suppose to win your conference. I think the guy was just claiming that SU will when the SWAC
not true, in 07 SU and FAMU played, neither won their conference. They really look for matchups. Personally I hope the McNeese game stays.

roTSU50
August 4th, 2009, 09:50 AM
not true, in 07 SU and FAMU played, neither won their conference. They really look for matchups. Personally I hope the McNeese game stays.

"technically" meaning the intent. They often don't stick to their rule.

TexasTerror
August 4th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Is this a UAPB/UCA thing? xlolx

UAPB pulled out twice on games with UCA - the first time, not even giving UCA the buyout, because they were friendly with the President. UAPB then pulled out again recently...but unfortunately, there's an obvious conclusion there.

McNeese/Southern is a far more entertaining subject... xwhistlex

3rd Coast Tiger
August 4th, 2009, 10:39 AM

Me too. xthumbsupx

McNeese75
August 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
McNeese will graduate their 4 year starting QB and a preseason all-american running back after this season. The time will never be better for the Jags to take a win over the Cowboys xnodx

TexasTerror
August 4th, 2009, 11:53 AM
McNeese will graduate their 4 year starting QB and a preseason all-american running back after this season. The time will never be better for the Jags to take a win over the Cowboys xnodx

Southern will no longer have their Payton Watch-list candidate at quarterback either. They'll probably say it's a down year to cover up a loss to the Pokes. xnonono2x

813Jag
August 4th, 2009, 12:16 PM
rumor mill: Delaware State (doesn't sound like an big crowd.)

Bulldog87
August 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM
rumor mill: Delaware State (doesn't sound like an big crowd.)Delaware State vs Southern in Orlando? You're kidding? Hopefully we'll beat Grambling and play SU in 2010. We owe you guys for those close losses in Atlanta and A Lady Jag owes me a drink or two for causing my old lady to smack me upside the head while she was coming onto to me outside our hotel room door. Actually both of them hit me. Trifecta this time.xbeerchugx

SU Jag
August 4th, 2009, 07:49 PM
OMG!!!!!! I hope not! DSU would bring what? 4 or 5 people? I would love to see us catch SC State, Hampton, or one of the Florida MEAC schools.

813Jag
August 5th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Delaware State vs Southern in Orlando? You're kidding? Hopefully we'll beat Grambling and play SU in 2010. We owe you guys for those close losses in Atlanta and A Lady Jag owes me a drink or two for causing my old lady to smack me upside the head while she was coming onto to me outside our hotel room door. Actually both of them hit me. Trifecta this time.xbeerchugx
I always had a good time at the SC State/Southern games, that would be a good game.

crossfire07
August 6th, 2009, 12:15 PM

they could not stay within 17 points of 04's team at their place so I don't think they will do any better IF they come to Lake Charles because next years team won't be as bad as 04. hurricanes or not.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM
they could not stay within 17 points of 04's team at their place so I don't think they will do any better IF they come to Lake Charles because next years team won't be as bad as 04. hurricanes or not.

Southern wasnt good in 04. SU lost 21 players to grades right before the 04 season, it was well documented. Plus we lost damn near our whole team to graduation in 03, and played alot of walkons against yall that season. McNeese also scored a TD very late in that game.

Big Dawg
August 6th, 2009, 05:46 PM

Yep...that FAMU/SU game was also the highest attended MEAC/SWAC Challenge game. They better get smart and move the Challenge out of Orlando if they want FAMU or BCU to play.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 6th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Yep...that FAMU/SU game was also the highest attended MEAC/SWAC Challenge game. They better get smart and move the Challenge out of Orlando if they want FAMU or BCU to play.

Why does Famu and BCU feel the SWAC/Meac game takes away from the FC. SU played other games in New Orleans, and it never affected the Bayou Classic. Matter of fact, SU could play in NO the week before and it still wouldnt affect the BC. The FC like the BC is a event that can stand on its own.

TexasTerror
August 6th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Why does Famu and BCU feel the SWAC/Meac game takes away from the FC. SU played other games in New Orleans, and it never affected the Bayou Classic. Matter of fact, SU could play in NO the week before and it still wouldnt affect the BC. The FC like the BC is a event that can stand on its own.

I thought the issue was more regarding the issues with Disney, more than anything. Not the Florida Classic... xconfusedx

crossfire07
August 6th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Southern wasnt good in 04. SU lost 21 players to grades right before the 04 season, it was well documented. Plus we lost damn near our whole team to graduation in 03, and played alot of walkons against yall that season. McNeese also scored a TD very late in that game.

everybody else was sure able to beat the hell out of us that year. lost 7 games and only won 1 conference game. it was horrible. we might lose a good qb and back after this year but I am confident about those behind them.

GAD
August 7th, 2009, 06:10 AM
The 04 team won 2 or 3 games on the last play of the game, they were more lucky than good

Jaguar79
August 7th, 2009, 11:08 AM
The 04 team won 2 or 3 games on the last play of the game, they were more lucky than good

That Alabama State game comes to mind immediately.

Southern/ McNeese should be fine for 2010. We don't return the Tenn. State trip until 2011, I believe. So, we should have the Challenge and McNeese as OOC games next year.

Can't wait to get down there and shut some people up ....

Big Dawg
August 7th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I thought the issue was more regarding the issues with Disney, more than anything. Not the Florida Classic... xconfusedx

That's the way I understand it...

813Jag
August 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Looks like the Tennessee State game will be moved to 2011.

3rd Coast Tiger
August 7th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Looks like the Tennessee State game will be moved to 2011.

And McNeese will stay on the schedule right? Don't leave the world hanging! xlolx

crossfire07
August 7th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Can't wait to get down there and shut some people up ....

I can't wait either xnodx

813Jag
August 7th, 2009, 03:13 PM
And McNeese will stay on the schedule right? Don't leave the world hanging! xlolx
yeah, OOC should be Orlando game and McNeese.