PDA

View Full Version : Old Dominion's new scoreboard and video/audio capabilities

Monarch History
August 3rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure how many saw this Virginian-Pilot article I posted within another thread, but I thought it interesting enough to post again.

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/07/foreman-field-will-offer-feast-eyes-and-ears

wingt2flex
August 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
Awesome. Cal Poly is installing a similar scoreboard which will be putting fans in the seats because this truly is the age when people want something special. These scoreboard and video/audio systems are special, they huge, and their six o'clock new worthy. Congrats. Go Poly. Go Old Dominion.xthumbsupx

WileECoyote06
August 4th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Our video scoreboard will be installed and operation by homecoming!xthumbsupx

ur2k
August 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I really hope we do the audio and video capabilities right in our new stadium. Our current stadium and b-ball arena leave much to be desired in the A/V department.

GannonFan
August 4th, 2009, 10:49 AM
UD's got a pretty good one to model - the whole thing is 40' x 34', with the video part being 40' x 16' - plus it's so close to the stadium (no track) that it looks even bigger. They did a great job with replays last year too, so I'd expect ODU to be pretty up to speed quickly on theirs. No doubt, though, you should never do these things small - if you're going to put in a video board, do it right and do it big.

http://www.udaf.udel.edu/images/capital/jumbo_large.jpg

89Hen
August 4th, 2009, 11:50 AM
UD's got a pretty good one to model - the whole thing is 40' x 34', with the video part being 40' x 16' - plus it's so close to the stadium (no track) that it looks even bigger. They did a great job with replays last year too
I wouldn't know. Can't see it from the NEZ. xbawlingx

Monarch Nation
August 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM
At first glance it looked like VCU on that scoreboard.

That'll probably never happen.

That is a good looking scoreboard, UD!